North East Buses
Anything and Everything - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Anything and Everything (/showthread.php?tid=628)

RE: Anything and Everything - Malarkey - 23 Dec 2014

A mix of what annoyed me and what made me happy today.

Goes into Game in The Galleries to Purchase "The Crew" for Xbox 360 for myself for Christmas as it was on offer for £21.50, Goes to the Till to pay for it only to be told it was out of stock, The Lass then asks if there were any other Games Id be interested in, so I asked if they had Forza Horizon 2 and Formula 1 in stock, again out of stock much to my Disappointment, She then sees the Disappointment in my eyes and says well we do have one more Copy of Call of Duty Advanced Warfare, You look like a COD Player to me, My face lit up at this point and went ill take it, didnt even ask me for ID either which surprised me, so I asked why she hadnt, and she said you look 23/24 Year Old so I didnt feel the need to do so as im only 23, I replied ill take that as a Compliment and by the way im only 21 before walking out of the store.

RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 23 Dec 2014

(23 Dec 2014, 6:01 pm)Malarkey A mix of what annoyed me and what made me happy today.

Goes into Game in The Galleries to Purchase "The Crew" for Xbox 360 for myself for Christmas as it was on offer for £21.50, Goes to the Till to pay for it only to be told it was out of stock, The Lass then asks if there were any other Games Id be interested in, so I asked if they had Forza Horizon 2 and Formula 1 in stock, again out of stock much to my Disappointment, She then sees the Disappointment in my eyes and says well we do have one more Copy of Call of Duty Advanced Warfare, You look like a COD Player to me, My face lit up at this point and went ill take it, didnt even ask me for ID either which surprised me, so I asked why she hadnt, and she said you look 23/24 Year Old so I didnt feel the need to do so as im only 23, I replied ill take that as a Compliment and by the way im only 21 before walking out of the store.

What does a COD actually look like...I have never compared people to the point of saying 'by that dude looks like he enjoys Call of Duty'

So going that, the typical COD player has ginger(or Strawberry Blonde) hair, possibly a beard, who likes taking pictures of buses and likes looking for gaps in the long distance bus market

(23 Dec 2014, 6:15 pm)MrFozz What does a COD actually look like...I have never compared people to the point of saying 'by that dude looks like he enjoys Call of Duty'

So going that, the typical COD player has ginger(or Strawberry Blonde) hair, possibly a beard, who likes taking pictures of buses and likes looking for gaps in the long distance bus market

Greatly prefer Stawberry Blonde to Ginger, ohh and the Beard is gone as of This Afternoon when I decided to have a much needed Shave, otherwise Id say the rest is spot on.

(23 Dec 2014, 6:28 pm)Malarkey Greatly prefer Stawberry Blonde to Ginger, ohh and the Beard is gone as of This Afternoon when I decided to have a much needed Shave, otherwise Id say the rest is spot on.
I argued for years with a ginger kid over his hair colour, it was not as light as your and also not too ginger(like Jack Colback)

A bird I was seeing years ago had quite dark ginger hair, but had strawberry blonde body pubes when I discovered she liked to be au naturel lmao

(23 Dec 2014, 6:38 pm)MrFozz I argued for years with a ginger kid over his hair colour, it was not as light as your and also not too ginger(like Jack Colback)

A bird I was seeing years ago had quite dark ginger hair, but had strawberry blonde body pubes when I discovered she liked to be au naturel lmao

too much information there Fozz.

(23 Dec 2014, 7:12 pm)Malarkey too much information there Fozz.
Yep, your right, my mind is not in sync with what my fingers are typing

RE: Anything and Everything - tyresmoke - 23 Dec 2014

(23 Dec 2014, 8:24 am)Michael Random question of the day:

Do you think bus drivers get bored of doing the same routes over and over?

Have to say I enjoy doing our service 5/5a from Middlesbrough all the time... They're a nice run out instead of being stuck around town all the time. We do have a few bits and pieces on other services which gives just enough variety. Do miss doing the 21A though

RE: Anything and Everything - Jimmi - 24 Dec 2014

Just gotten some mail on Flickr and I've got one asking me if I want to join a group Christian photo group - Group wi†h Ҽxperience.

Here is a link to the group:
https://www.flickr.com/groups/new_ken/pool/

I'm not really a religious person, but it says it's fine if I'm an atheist or have different beliefs to that group.

Do you think I should join?

RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 24 Dec 2014

(24 Dec 2014, 3:42 pm)Jimmi Just gotten some mail on Flickr and I've got one asking me if I want to join a group Christian photo group - Group wi†h Ҽxperience.

Here is a link to the group:
https://www.flickr.com/groups/new_ken/pool/

I'm not really a religious person, but it says it's fine if I'm an atheist or have different beliefs to that group.

Do you think I should join?

Go for it mate...You may not be religious, but you never know, you may find god...

I am a born-again christian going to a Pentecostal Church in Sunderland despite rejectimg god at first Big Grin

RE: Anything and Everything - Jimmi - 24 Dec 2014

(24 Dec 2014, 4:07 pm)MrFozz Go for it mate...You may not be religious, but you never know, you may find god...

I am a born-again christian going to a Pentecostal Church in Sunderland despite rejectimg god at first Big Grin

It will probably increase my views.

Although I'll probably get banned if I upload photos of Prestige's.

Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 24 Dec 2014

See a 19 year old from Sunderland has been lifted for evil themtweet about Glasgow

Glasgow Crash 'Joke' Tweet Ends In Arrest For Sunderland Man

Supposedly the tweet was

[spoiler]So a bin lorry has apparently driven in 100 people in Glasgow eh, probably the most trash it's picked up in one day[/spoiler]

What a cock

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 24 Dec 2014

Seems, Ibas Elba has become the favorite to replace Daniel Craig as Bond, few people saying he shouldn't because hes black.

Why does he matter if hes black, hes a mint actor!

Its the same as Andrew Lincoln, hes English actor, but plays a role as an American in the Walking dead, which he does really well.

Although i always say.. the Dr in Dr who should only be British.

RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 24 Dec 2014

(24 Dec 2014, 5:04 pm)Michael Seems, Ibas Elba has become the favorite to replace Daniel Craig as Bond, few people saying he shouldn't because hes black.

Its the same as Andrew Lincoln, hes English actor, but plays a role as an American in the Walking dead, which he does really well.

Should not be a problem imo, he is good actor, the colour of his skin should not come into question...

As you mentioned English Actors portraying Americans

Hugh Laurie in House
Damien Lewis in Homeland
Daniel Day Lewis as Abraham Lincoln

RE: Anything and Everything - Simmy - 24 Dec 2014

Merry Christmas soon ya filthy animals! ;p

RE: Anything and Everything - Dan - 24 Dec 2014

(24 Dec 2014, 10:34 pm)Simmy Merry Christmas soon, ya filthy animals! ;p

You have such a way with words, Simmy! Tongue 

RE: Anything and Everything - MurdnunoC - 25 Dec 2014

(24 Dec 2014, 5:04 pm)Michael Seems, Ibas Elba has become the favorite to replace Daniel Craig as Bond, few people saying he shouldn't because hes black.

Normally, I couldn't give a Castlemaine XXXX about James Bond. But if the former Stringer Bell was cast in the role, I may have to start watching.

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 25 Dec 2014

Idris Elba was in a great documentary last Christmas about cars.
Absolutely fantastic. Hopefully it is repeated this year.

Is Andrew Lincoln the curly haired fella out of 'This Life'?
Egg I think his character was called.

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 25 Dec 2014

(25 Dec 2014, 11:59 am)Andreos1 Idris Elba was in a great documentary last Christmas about cars.
Absolutely fantastic. Hopefully it is repeated this year.

Is Andrew Lincoln the curly haired fella out of 'This Life'?
Egg I think his character was called.

I'm not sure, only seen him in the walking dead.

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 26 Dec 2014

It has being 10 years today since the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami, those 10 years have flew over. R.I.P to all who died.

RE: Anything and Everything - R852 PRG - 26 Dec 2014

Found this pretty moving quote...

'Never complain about what your parents couldn't give you. It was probably all they had'.

Hopefully people can work out what that means.

With it being Christmas, I think a lot of us who are still kids forget about what our parents do for us. I'll always be grateful for what my parents do for me, because they only want what is best for me. They know I'm always happy with my life, even if I've had two tests on a Monday and I hate life, or if I'm pissed off at them because 'we have to go and see Grandma on a Saturday morning to listen to her complaining about her next-door neighbour'...even if it just puts me back about an hour for my usual plans.

My point is - I think there are a lot of things I don't appreciate, yet can't live without. Here I am, sitting on a Friday night, off school for another week, with a drink, listening to some music and writing this. A lot of kids don't have that. They'll be sitting on the cold hard floor, with no food or anything to pass the time with. Some of the things I've received this Christmas wouldn't be given to a child in that position.

My dad has a very highly paid job as the Head of Purchasing for Cummins, a billion dollar company over in America who provide vehicles with engines,....Davey Bowyer, I believe you'll be interested? Dare I say he makes in excess of about £80,000 per annum? It comes at a cost, however...and not just bills, necesseties or for my sister and me. I've never had a proper relationship with him. He spends half of his life in different countries; China, Japan, India, America, Germany; he spends about 2 weeks in a month away from us, in another country, doing his job. And when he is in the UK, he is either sitting at a desk in a building in Darlington, answering emails, talking to other people doing the exact same job as him, and not with us. When he is sleeping in the same bed as my mam, he wakes up at 06:00, leaves at 07:00, and typically gets home for 18:00. We have tea, we tend to all talk for a bit, and then he goes and sits in his study to answer more emails and call his collegues. If he does get a spare minute, he rings his mam to ask how she's doing.

Some of the things my dad does aren't appreciated up-front, but are in the long-run. As a result of his work, we get everything we'll ever need; me and my sister....my mam only works 3 days a week because of what he earns. My sister and me are guaranteed to get to University, get qualifications, get jobs better than most of the children who woke up to nothing this Christmas...I only found out recently that all of 5% of what my parents make combined in a year gets added to bank accounts, made specially for my sister and me the day we were each born, 3 years apart, and we will get to use that to build our own lives when we leave home.

Might not seem like much when I say 5%, but think about the maths. My dad makes (at a rough estimate!) £80,000 doing his job, while my mam makes about £20,000 working 3 days a week as an Administrator for a radiator firm, Rettig, on the Drum Industrial Estate close to Birtley. It's amazing to think my family bring in maybe as much as £100,000 per year, and £5,000 of that gets given to each of us a year - and we have no idea about that. I'm 14 now, so when I'm 18, I'll have enough to get through University, maybe even buy a flat, even a house, start my lifelong ambitions....and all because my parents have had the foresight to do so for me.

On the exterior, I make it almost look like I'm some sort of outcast at school. To be honest, I'm not. I have lots of friends, I'm intelligent enough to be of Set 1 quality, but I spend any free time chasing this girl, who I haven't spoken to for over a year because I'm too scared to do so, why I do that - I have no idea! She's a bitch. She gets her friends to intimidate me into not saying anything and looking like an idiot. When I go back on Tuesday the 5th January, I'm not going to think about that. I'll just focus on my academics, preparing for my GCSEs, and my life. Fuck that posh bitch...when I have a job, a life, and a future, she'll get absolutely nothing from me but a middle finger. Because of what my parents have done for me.

I'll admit I don't appreciate everything at first glance, but I am really grateful for what my parents do for me. My mam doesn't just sit and have coffees with her friends in Costa or Wetherspoons, she goes out and does shopping for my sister and me. She buys us clothes, food, and everything we need. Sometimes I'm a bit hard on her, I'll swear and curse when she tells me tea won't be out for another half an hour, and take the huff if she forgets my Oreos, but she wakes up at 07:00 every morning to drop me at a place where I meet with a friend, who's family probably only earn half of what mine do, fo 08:00. She could easily lie in until that time and drop me off at school about 10 minutes before the start of the day. But she doesn't, because she loves me and does whatever I need her to in order to keep me happy. And when she gets back from dropping my sister off at the other site, she either goes to work for 09:00, or on her days off, gets her ironing board out to make sure we both have a clean uniform for school the next day, have clean clothes to pursue our own interests at weekends, and be happy. She does a lot of things that I wouldn't know how to do.

Another thing I must point out is how they've always supported our education. All the way through primary school, I had a private tutor to ensure I got Level 5s in my SATs for both maths, science and english, and my sister did to. That was our Sunday mornings. My sister isn't as bright however, she continues her tutoring on Sunday mornings. She didn't do as good in her SATs, she only got Level 4s and 3s, and wound up in Set 3 for maths and sciences, and Set 4 for english and languages. But my parents continue to get her tutored, in hopes that it will finally rub off, and that she will get good GCSEs, A-levels and a degree in whatever she wants, and that she will not end up in Morrison's behind the till for a life. That's probably one of my main bugs, education. But I haven't got it tough; look at the way I write and structure things - I was given extra help. There are plenty of children my age who can't do that - because their parents didn't give them the push they needed to be good.

This christmas, I may as well point out that my sister and me probably had about £2,500 spent on us both combined. Add Alfie the puppy's extravagent set of matching coats, toys and his crate and bed being renewed into that, and we're looking at £3,000. Put grandma's books and perfumes in there, about £3,500. Add themselves about ten tickets to five concerts, perfumes for my mam, books for my dad, about £5,000. About £5,000 of money they've earned, by themselves, for us. If they didn't have us, they mightn't work so hard. My dad might not have decided to go and get a degree in order to become Head of Purchasing, when my mam told him she was pregnant with my sister, and that there would be two of us, and he wouldn't have had to work on nights after working all day to gain his degree. He might not have even bothered to get a job with Cummins. He might not have even started working for Purmo in 1990. If that had not been the case, he might not have met my mam by accident, after accidentally knocking into her in the canteen there in 1994. He might have just carried on, not apologised, and just gone for something to eat with his friends. But he didn't, he apologised, they sat down and they ate together that lunchtime, they went out, moved in together in 1997, got married in 1999, and I was born in 2000...

My point is, I love my parents and appreciate they do for me. And I don't think I realised how much until yesterday. Smile

Marcus