North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Anything and Everything

Anything and Everything

Anything and Everything

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (219) Previous 188 89 90219 Next
Michael

22 Dec 2014, 6:12 pm #1,761
http://news.sky.com/story/1396275/bin-lo...s-six-dead

A council refuse lorry has smashed into a crowd of Christmas shoppers in Glasgow city centre, killing six people.

R.I.P

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
22 Dec 2014, 6:12 pm #1,761

http://news.sky.com/story/1396275/bin-lo...s-six-dead

A council refuse lorry has smashed into a crowd of Christmas shoppers in Glasgow city centre, killing six people.

R.I.P

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

22 Dec 2014, 6:53 pm #1,762
(22 Dec 2014, 6:12 pm)Michael http://news.sky.com/story/1396275/bin-lo...s-six-dead

R.I.P
Just seen this TV...

Death is never good under any circumstances, but at this time of year is absolutely tragic, 3 days from Xmas...The Polis ruled out terrorism...

My heart, soul, thoughts and prayers are with Glasgow and victims of this tragic event

Scotland have had there fair share of bad christmas' over the years

2013 Glasgow Helicopter Crash

The Clutha was demolished in November 2013

Lockerbie Bomb/Pan-Am 103

The bombing of Pan-Am 103 in 1988

Coincidently yesterday was the 26th anniversary of Lockerbie
MrFozz
22 Dec 2014, 6:53 pm #1,762

(22 Dec 2014, 6:12 pm)Michael http://news.sky.com/story/1396275/bin-lo...s-six-dead

R.I.P
Just seen this TV...

Death is never good under any circumstances, but at this time of year is absolutely tragic, 3 days from Xmas...The Polis ruled out terrorism...

My heart, soul, thoughts and prayers are with Glasgow and victims of this tragic event

Michael

22 Dec 2014, 6:55 pm #1,763
(22 Dec 2014, 6:53 pm)MrFozz Just seen this TV...

They reckon the driver took bad at the wheel =(. 

That's bad luck, gonna be a hard Christmas for them.

They think young children were also involved. 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
22 Dec 2014, 6:55 pm #1,763

(22 Dec 2014, 6:53 pm)MrFozz Just seen this TV...

They reckon the driver took bad at the wheel =(. 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

22 Dec 2014, 7:03 pm #1,764
(22 Dec 2014, 6:55 pm)Michael They reckon the driver took bad at the wheel =(. 

Sad

Damn, one minute a kid is innocently looking forward to Santa coming along, then they walk into hell Sad

Sounds like the driver was incapacitated...If that is the case, I reckon heart attack or stroke...

My thoughts are also with the driver who is in Hospital now
MrFozz
22 Dec 2014, 7:03 pm #1,764

(22 Dec 2014, 6:55 pm)Michael They reckon the driver took bad at the wheel =(. 

Sad

Damn, one minute a kid is innocently looking forward to Santa coming along, then they walk into hell Sad

Sounds like the driver was incapacitated...If that is the case, I reckon heart attack or stroke...

22 Dec 2014, 7:05 pm #1,765
(22 Dec 2014, 7:03 pm)MrFozz Sad

He must feel absolutely awful! Sad, I hope he understands that if it was a medical problem he was unaware of, that it wasn't his fault and shouldn't be his burden to bear.
R852 PRG
22 Dec 2014, 7:05 pm #1,765

(22 Dec 2014, 7:03 pm)MrFozz Sad

He must feel absolutely awful! Sad, I hope he understands that if it was a medical problem he was unaware of, that it wasn't his fault and shouldn't be his burden to bear.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

22 Dec 2014, 7:32 pm #1,766
(22 Dec 2014, 7:05 pm)MarcTheA4 He must feel absolutely awful! Sad, I hope he understands that if it was a medical problem he was unaware of, that it wasn't his fault and shouldn't be his burden to bear.

I dont think anything could would take any feeling of guilt away, it will be a weight on his shoulders for the rest of his life...
MrFozz
22 Dec 2014, 7:32 pm #1,766

(22 Dec 2014, 7:05 pm)MarcTheA4 He must feel absolutely awful! Sad, I hope he understands that if it was a medical problem he was unaware of, that it wasn't his fault and shouldn't be his burden to bear.

I dont think anything could would take any feeling of guilt away, it will be a weight on his shoulders for the rest of his life...

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

22 Dec 2014, 7:57 pm #1,767
Similar incident in Nantes, France

Man rams van into Christmas market in western France, injures 10

Happened in Nantes
MrFozz
22 Dec 2014, 7:57 pm #1,767

Similar incident in Nantes, France

Man rams van into Christmas market in western France, injures 10

Happened in Nantes

Malarkey

22 Dec 2014, 9:36 pm #1,768
I almost forgot to mention that this morning whilst in Ingeus I had the pleasure of speaking to Dave "The Rave" for what had to be the longest 10 Minutes of my life, 10 Minutes I will never everrrrrrrrrrrrr get back.
Malarkey
22 Dec 2014, 9:36 pm #1,768

I almost forgot to mention that this morning whilst in Ingeus I had the pleasure of speaking to Dave "The Rave" for what had to be the longest 10 Minutes of my life, 10 Minutes I will never everrrrrrrrrrrrr get back.

Adrian

22 Dec 2014, 10:03 pm #1,769
(22 Dec 2014, 9:36 pm)Malarkey I almost forgot to mention that this morning whilst in Ingeus I had the pleasure of speaking to Dave "The Rave" for what had to be the longest 10 Minutes of my life, 10 Minutes I will never everrrrrrrrrrrrr get back.
Did you get the story about MC Moses?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
22 Dec 2014, 10:03 pm #1,769

(22 Dec 2014, 9:36 pm)Malarkey I almost forgot to mention that this morning whilst in Ingeus I had the pleasure of speaking to Dave "The Rave" for what had to be the longest 10 Minutes of my life, 10 Minutes I will never everrrrrrrrrrrrr get back.
Did you get the story about MC Moses?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Andreos1

22 Dec 2014, 10:09 pm #1,770
Just watching the news now and seeing mobile phone footage of the crash in Glasgow.

Scary stuff.

Like others, I have used Queen Street. Walking those streets and George Square on a pretty regular basis.
I often walked the short distance to Stockwell Street, stopping at the Holiday Inn Express, opposite The Clutha (haven't stopped their since last October).
As nasty as both scenes are, it sometimes smacks home how close it is, when visiting those areas regularly.

Like The Clutha, fatalities are low - although one fatality is always one too many.

Hopefully everyone else makes a full recovery. Physically and mentally.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
22 Dec 2014, 10:09 pm #1,770

Just watching the news now and seeing mobile phone footage of the crash in Glasgow.

Scary stuff.

Like others, I have used Queen Street. Walking those streets and George Square on a pretty regular basis.
I often walked the short distance to Stockwell Street, stopping at the Holiday Inn Express, opposite The Clutha (haven't stopped their since last October).
As nasty as both scenes are, it sometimes smacks home how close it is, when visiting those areas regularly.

Like The Clutha, fatalities are low - although one fatality is always one too many.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

22 Dec 2014, 10:09 pm #1,771
Have not seen him for years, honestly thought he was dead, when I used to turn out, he would always be hanging about outside Idols...
MrFozz
22 Dec 2014, 10:09 pm #1,771

Have not seen him for years, honestly thought he was dead, when I used to turn out, he would always be hanging about outside Idols...

Malarkey

22 Dec 2014, 10:32 pm #1,772
(22 Dec 2014, 10:03 pm)aureolin Did you get the story about MC Moses?

No I did not, he was banging on about the Derby and Passion Night Club half of which I didnt understand what he was saying at all.
Malarkey
22 Dec 2014, 10:32 pm #1,772

(22 Dec 2014, 10:03 pm)aureolin Did you get the story about MC Moses?

No I did not, he was banging on about the Derby and Passion Night Club half of which I didnt understand what he was saying at all.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

22 Dec 2014, 10:37 pm #1,773
(22 Dec 2014, 10:09 pm)Andreos1 Just watching the news now and seeing mobile phone footage of the crash in Glasgow.

Scary stuff.

I will never forget talking to a bloke years ago who did bits of work with the youth group I was a part of, in 2001 he went to New York in July or August, we all know what happened one Sunny Tuesday Morning in September. It affected him quite bad, he had pictures of him on top of the World Trade Center, It affected him to the point of having nightmares about it, and would always say 'A month or 2 later, I may have been caught up in it'

The one that hit home for me was the Selby Rail Crash, a few weeks earlier, I either went AWOL from a Childrens Home or had been turfed out my mothers, and decided to goto the smoke, got the early train from Newcastle and stayed round Southern England for a few days...I patched things up and went home, and woke up one morning to hear of the Selby Train Wreck...Ever since then, if I goto London or anywhere long distance, I sit in the back carriages, I have a weird belief if a train hits something head on, I will have more chance of survival at the back, rather than the front.

When we see what has happened in Glasgow and recently in France, it does put things in perspective, I may think I got a shitty life right now, but there is 8 families whose lives have being destroyed forever...1 minute your looking forward to Xmas, the next your dead

RIP to everyone involved
MrFozz
22 Dec 2014, 10:37 pm #1,773

(22 Dec 2014, 10:09 pm)Andreos1 Just watching the news now and seeing mobile phone footage of the crash in Glasgow.

Scary stuff.

I will never forget talking to a bloke years ago who did bits of work with the youth group I was a part of, in 2001 he went to New York in July or August, we all know what happened one Sunny Tuesday Morning in September. It affected him quite bad, he had pictures of him on top of the World Trade Center, It affected him to the point of having nightmares about it, and would always say 'A month or 2 later, I may have been caught up in it'

The one that hit home for me was the Selby Rail Crash, a few weeks earlier, I either went AWOL from a Childrens Home or had been turfed out my mothers, and decided to goto the smoke, got the early train from Newcastle and stayed round Southern England for a few days...I patched things up and went home, and woke up one morning to hear of the Selby Train Wreck...Ever since then, if I goto London or anywhere long distance, I sit in the back carriages, I have a weird belief if a train hits something head on, I will have more chance of survival at the back, rather than the front.

When we see what has happened in Glasgow and recently in France, it does put things in perspective, I may think I got a shitty life right now, but there is 8 families whose lives have being destroyed forever...1 minute your looking forward to Xmas, the next your dead

RIP to everyone involved

Andreos1

22 Dec 2014, 11:59 pm #1,774
http://metro.co.uk/2014/12/22/glasgow-bi...n-4996985/

Sick tweets are from Sunderland apparently.

Andreos1
22 Dec 2014, 11:59 pm #1,774

http://metro.co.uk/2014/12/22/glasgow-bi...n-4996985/

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

23 Dec 2014, 12:03 am #1,775
(22 Dec 2014, 11:59 pm)Andreos1 http://metro.co.uk/2014/12/22/glasgow-bi...n-4996985/

Some fuckers just cant keep there vile opinion to themselves, probably the same people who sent abusive about Liam Sweeney and John Alder...

Bell Ends...

Actually thats offensive to bell ends, I know a couple of canny bell ends...

Fucking scum!!!
MrFozz
23 Dec 2014, 12:03 am #1,775

(22 Dec 2014, 11:59 pm)Andreos1 http://metro.co.uk/2014/12/22/glasgow-bi...n-4996985/

Some fuckers just cant keep there vile opinion to themselves, probably the same people who sent abusive about Liam Sweeney and John Alder...

Bell Ends...

Actually thats offensive to bell ends, I know a couple of canny bell ends...

Fucking scum!!!

Andreos1

23 Dec 2014, 12:10 am #1,776
All over twitter. Looks like the entire nation of Scotland are hunting him down, publishing his address etc

Andreos1
23 Dec 2014, 12:10 am #1,776

All over twitter. Looks like the entire nation of Scotland are hunting him down, publishing his address etc

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

23 Dec 2014, 12:14 am #1,777
(23 Dec 2014, 12:10 am)Andreos1 All over twitter. Looks like the entire nation of Scotland are hunting him down, publishing his address etc
They wanna hope the Polis reach them first...A drunk scotsman ready to smash a bottle of buckfast over your napper is not a nice thought...

As much as I hate scumbags like that, publishing personal details is overstepping the line imo
MrFozz
23 Dec 2014, 12:14 am #1,777

(23 Dec 2014, 12:10 am)Andreos1 All over twitter. Looks like the entire nation of Scotland are hunting him down, publishing his address etc
They wanna hope the Polis reach them first...A drunk scotsman ready to smash a bottle of buckfast over your napper is not a nice thought...

As much as I hate scumbags like that, publishing personal details is overstepping the line imo

Michael

23 Dec 2014, 8:24 am #1,778
Random question of the day:

Do you think bus drivers get bored of doing the same routes over and over?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
23 Dec 2014, 8:24 am #1,778

Random question of the day:

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

23 Dec 2014, 11:47 am #1,779
(23 Dec 2014, 8:24 am)Michael Random question of the day:

Very random mate...

I know a couple of drivers who used to hate doing runs round the doors, the 42, 60, 61 as it seemed to be round trip after round trip, the lads would be happy if they got a 65 to Durham(thats going back a while), I was talking tova lad yesterday and he was on an X35 to Hartepool and back and he was saying it is quite an easy ride, gets him away from Sunderland for a few hours...I also know a few drivers who dont mind 20's and 56's(despite being late a lot), again, there away from Sunderland...Durham and Newcastle adds a difference to being round the doors
MrFozz
23 Dec 2014, 11:47 am #1,779

(23 Dec 2014, 8:24 am)Michael Random question of the day:

Very random mate...

I know a couple of drivers who used to hate doing runs round the doors, the 42, 60, 61 as it seemed to be round trip after round trip, the lads would be happy if they got a 65 to Durham(thats going back a while), I was talking tova lad yesterday and he was on an X35 to Hartepool and back and he was saying it is quite an easy ride, gets him away from Sunderland for a few hours...I also know a few drivers who dont mind 20's and 56's(despite being late a lot), again, there away from Sunderland...Durham and Newcastle adds a difference to being round the doors

Jimmi

23 Dec 2014, 12:03 pm #1,780
I can't really say from a drivers point of view, but I imagine some drivers can get sick of doing some routes all the time, I imagine the worst is busy town routes where you stop at almost every stop and drive round the same route for hours which I imagine will be boring. At least most drivers for the big three get to do a number of different routes, it'll be worse if you work for an independent like the Eden or Scarlet Band for example the Scarlet Band Darlington 16/16A has had the same driver pretty much every day since the end of October all day.
Edited 23 Dec 2014, 12:04 pm by Jimmi.
Jimmi
23 Dec 2014, 12:03 pm #1,780

I can't really say from a drivers point of view, but I imagine some drivers can get sick of doing some routes all the time, I imagine the worst is busy town routes where you stop at almost every stop and drive round the same route for hours which I imagine will be boring. At least most drivers for the big three get to do a number of different routes, it'll be worse if you work for an independent like the Eden or Scarlet Band for example the Scarlet Band Darlington 16/16A has had the same driver pretty much every day since the end of October all day.

Pages (219) Previous 188 89 90219 Next

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average