North East Buses
General TV thread - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: General TV thread (/showthread.php?tid=630)

RE: General TV thread - northern156 - 13 Apr 2016

Yesterday I found myself watching Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares USA - straight into a 2-parter episode with the second part being broadcast on Channel 4 this morning at 1100. Absolutely love the show and Ramsay himself - his facial expressions sometimes are utterly brilliant when he's dealing with some right idiots.

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 20 Apr 2016

Game Of Thrones starts on Sunday in America, really looking forward to it starting, can't wait!

I'll be watching it online, as i don't have Sky Atlantic.

RE: General TV thread - James101 - 01 May 2016

Channel 4 tonight at 8pm.

Paul Murton presents Britain's Secret Stations. A documentary around some of the more unusual stops in the railway network.

RE: General TV thread - citaro5284 - 01 May 2016

(01 May 2016, 6:01 pm)James101 Channel 4 tonight at 8pm.

Paul Murton presents Britain's Secret Stations. A documentary around some of the more unusual stops in the railway network.

I seen it advertised, looks like a good series, already got Sky+ set  Smile

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 05 May 2016

Keep your eyes peeled for a documentary appearing on BBC4 later this year.

A camera has been attached to a bus and is filming an entire 40 mile section of the Dalesman route.

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 29 May 2016

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36205524

One to keep an eye on.
The BBC have done this a few times now.

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 29 May 2016

New Top Gear has been on 2 minutes and Chris Evans is already annoying the **** out of me.

Only watching it cause i was curious....

RE: General TV thread - Jamie M - 29 May 2016

(29 May 2016, 7:02 pm)Michael New Top Gear has been on 2 minutes and Chris Evans is already annoying the **** out of me.

Only watching it cause i was curious....

There has been press release that he is worse than Clarkson backdoor, partially down to the fact he has to host his show from stupid o' clock in the morning. Even before previewing it, I'm deeply uninterested in the rebranding. I may look at an episode of the Amazon series once it's out and see if Clarkson's as annoying as previously.

(29 May 2016, 7:05 pm)Jamie M There has been press release that he is worse than Clarkson backdoor, partially down to the fact he has to host his show from stupid o' clock in the morning. Even before previewing it, I'm deeply uninterested in the rebranding. I may look at an episode of the Amazon series once it's out and see if Clarkson's as annoying as previously.

Basically the show is "Evans Gear"... Can't stand the prick rather have Clarkson anyday...

RE: General TV thread - MVK 500R - 29 May 2016

It lasted 8 minutes before I turned it off.

Sent from my Xperia Z5 Premium

(29 May 2016, 7:11 pm)MVK 500R It lasted 8 minutes before I turned it off.

I'm going to watch the full episode, it might get better.... But i doubt it, I'll not be watching it next week though.

RE: General TV thread - Jamie M - 29 May 2016

(29 May 2016, 7:10 pm)Michael Basically the show is "Evans Gear"... Can't stand the prick rather have Clarkson anyday...

It's the ego that gets me - the general attitude and the pretentiousness that results from it. A car magazine program very quickly becomes irrelevant and dismissed because the content doesn't actually relate to the shows core purpose and values.

I nearly turned it off at the opening titles; trying far too hard to be like Clarkson, and failed miserably.

(29 May 2016, 7:20 pm)MVK 500R I nearly turned it off at the opening titles; trying far too hard to be like Clarkson, and failed miserably.

I'm so annoyed at it because Chris Evans is just annoying as out and wants to be Clarkson.

Matt from friends, seems so out of place, its just like he is on so it makes the show diverse.... Same as that German women.

This is painful as out, going by comments on Facebook and Twitter people aren't lo
Iking it haha

#BringBackClarkson

(29 May 2016, 7:31 pm)Michael I'm so annoyed at it because Chris Evans is just annoying as out and wants to be Clarkson.

Matt from friends, seems so out of place, its just like he is on so it makes the show diverse.... Same as that German women.

This is painful as out, going by comments on Facebook and Twitter people aren't lo
Iking it haha

#BringBackClarkson
I've found the comments on Facebook more entertaining than the show.

(29 May 2016, 7:37 pm)MVK 500R I've found the comments on Facebook more entertaining than the show.

I haven't watched it since 9:15pm, same as you, I've found the comments more entertaining.

Don't like Katie Hopkings but this is her tweet:

Katie Hopkins ‏@KTHopkins
I hate cars. But loved Top Gear. Now I can safely say I hate both #Topgear

RE: General TV thread - Dan - 29 May 2016

I watched it all... What a way to ruin my favourite TV programme.

#flopgear

(29 May 2016, 8:04 pm)Dan I watched it all... What a way to ruin my favourite TV programme.

#flopgear
Well that's an hour of your life you're never getting back.

General TV thread - Jimmi - 29 May 2016

As everybody predicted, the new look Top Gear was crap.

Chris Evens was annoying as expected, seemed like a child on a sugar rush at points and he seemed to be trying to be like Clarkson at times. Was also annoying getting the audience to cheer at just about everything that went on in the studio.

Matt seemed a bit dull and too American.

There was no magic or chemistry there at all, I was either bored or just annoyed at Chris Evens. Won't be watching this anymore, next Sunday I'll be going back to listening to Clint Boon on Radio X.

May I say congrats on those of you who found a better way to spend the last hour.

RE: General TV thread - MurdnunoC - 29 May 2016

To say something positive about the new Top Gear, I quite liked the new track with its off-road section.