Menu

Pages (47)    144 45 46 47   
northern156   13 Apr 2016, 11:53 pm
Yesterday I found myself watching Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares USA - straight into a 2-parter episode with the second part being broadcast on Channel 4 this morning at 1100. Absolutely love the show and Ramsay himself - his facial expressions sometimes are utterly brilliant when he's dealing with some right idiots.

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
Michael   20 Apr 2016, 7:44 pm
Game Of Thrones starts on Sunday in America, really looking forward to it starting, can't wait!

I'll be watching it online, as i don't have Sky Atlantic.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
James101   01 May 2016, 6:01 pm
Channel 4 tonight at 8pm.

Paul Murton presents Britain's Secret Stations. A documentary around some of the more unusual stops in the railway network.
citaro5284   01 May 2016, 6:17 pm
(01 May 2016, 6:01 pm)James101 wrote Channel 4 tonight at 8pm.

Paul Murton presents Britain's Secret Stations. A documentary around some of the more unusual stops in the railway network.

I seen it advertised, looks like a good series, already got Sky+ set  Smile
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   05 May 2016, 2:03 pm
Keep your eyes peeled for a documentary appearing on BBC4 later this year.

A camera has been attached to a bus and is filming an entire 40 mile section of the Dalesman route.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1   29 May 2016, 3:36 pm
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36205524

One to keep an eye on.
The BBC have done this a few times now.

Michael   29 May 2016, 7:02 pm
New Top Gear has been on 2 minutes and Chris Evans is already annoying the **** out of me.

Only watching it cause i was curious....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Jamie M   29 May 2016, 7:05 pm
(29 May 2016, 7:02 pm)Michael wrote New Top Gear has been on 2 minutes and Chris Evans is already annoying the **** out of me.

Only watching it cause i was curious....

There has been press release that he is worse than Clarkson backdoor, partially down to the fact he has to host his show from stupid o' clock in the morning. Even before previewing it, I'm deeply uninterested in the rebranding. I may look at an episode of the Amazon series once it's out and see if Clarkson's as annoying as previously.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   29 May 2016, 7:10 pm
(29 May 2016, 7:05 pm)Jamie M wrote There has been press release that he is worse than Clarkson backdoor, partially down to the fact he has to host his show from stupid o' clock in the morning. Even before previewing it, I'm deeply uninterested in the rebranding. I may look at an episode of the Amazon series once it's out and see if Clarkson's as annoying as previously.

Basically the show is "Evans Gear"... Can't stand the prick rather have Clarkson anyday...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
MVK 500R   29 May 2016, 7:11 pm
It lasted 8 minutes before I turned it off.

Sent from my Xperia Z5 Premium
Michael   29 May 2016, 7:17 pm
(29 May 2016, 7:11 pm)MVK 500R wrote It lasted 8 minutes before I turned it off.

I'm going to watch the full episode, it might get better.... But i doubt it, I'll not be watching it next week though.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Jamie M   29 May 2016, 7:18 pm
(29 May 2016, 7:10 pm)Michael wrote Basically the show is "Evans Gear"... Can't stand the prick rather have Clarkson anyday...

It's the ego that gets me - the general attitude and the pretentiousness that results from it. A car magazine program very quickly becomes irrelevant and dismissed because the content doesn't actually relate to the shows core purpose and values.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MVK 500R   29 May 2016, 7:20 pm
I nearly turned it off at the opening titles; trying far too hard to be like Clarkson, and failed miserably.

Michael   29 May 2016, 7:31 pm
(29 May 2016, 7:20 pm)MVK 500R wrote I nearly turned it off at the opening titles; trying far too hard to be like Clarkson, and failed miserably.

I'm so annoyed at it because Chris Evans is just annoying as out and wants to be Clarkson.

Matt from friends, seems so out of place, its just like he is on so it makes the show diverse.... Same as that German women.

This is painful as out, going by comments on Facebook and Twitter people aren't lo
Iking it haha

#BringBackClarkson

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
MVK 500R   29 May 2016, 7:37 pm
(29 May 2016, 7:31 pm)Michael wrote I'm so annoyed at it because Chris Evans is just annoying as out and wants to be Clarkson.

Matt from friends, seems so out of place, its just like he is on so it makes the show diverse.... Same as that German women.

This is painful as out, going by comments on Facebook and Twitter people aren't lo
Iking it haha

#BringBackClarkson
I've found the comments on Facebook more entertaining than the show.

Michael   29 May 2016, 7:57 pm
(29 May 2016, 7:37 pm)MVK 500R wrote I've found the comments on Facebook more entertaining than the show.

I haven't watched it since 9:15pm, same as you, I've found the comments more entertaining.

Don't like Katie Hopkings but this is her tweet:

Katie Hopkins ‏@KTHopkins
I hate cars. But loved Top Gear. Now I can safely say I hate both #Topgear

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   29 May 2016, 8:04 pm
I watched it all... What a way to ruin my favourite TV programme.

#flopgear
MVK 500R   29 May 2016, 8:11 pm
(29 May 2016, 8:04 pm)Dan wrote I watched it all... What a way to ruin my favourite TV programme.

#flopgear
Well that's an hour of your life you're never getting back.

Jimmi   29 May 2016, 8:20 pm
As everybody predicted, the new look Top Gear was crap.

Chris Evens was annoying as expected, seemed like a child on a sugar rush at points and he seemed to be trying to be like Clarkson at times. Was also annoying getting the audience to cheer at just about everything that went on in the studio.

Matt seemed a bit dull and too American.

There was no magic or chemistry there at all, I was either bored or just annoyed at Chris Evens. Won't be watching this anymore, next Sunday I'll be going back to listening to Clint Boon on Radio X.

May I say congrats on those of you who found a better way to spend the last hour.
MurdnunoC   29 May 2016, 10:25 pm
To say something positive about the new Top Gear, I quite liked the new track with its off-road section.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   29 May 2016, 11:08 pm
(29 May 2016, 10:25 pm)MurdnunoC wrote To say something positive about the new Top Gear, I quite liked the new track with its off-road section.

Ye, i thought that was quite good.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
mb134   29 May 2016, 11:17 pm
Was out tonight, so missed the new Top Gear, seems that pretty much everyone is hating it?

I'll give it a go when I wake up, but after reading these comments I don't expect I'll be watching it for too long,

How is Matt Le Blanc?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Michael   29 May 2016, 11:27 pm
(29 May 2016, 11:17 pm)mb134 wrote Was out tonight, so missed the new Top Gear, seems that pretty much everyone is hating it?

I'll give it a go when I wake up, but after reading these comments I don't expect I'll be watching it for too long,

How is Matt Le Blanc?

To me, he was ok however he seemed to be out of place sometimes, he didn't understand why he was on the show.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
mb134   30 May 2016, 10:44 am
(29 May 2016, 11:27 pm)Michael wrote To me, he was ok however he seemed to be out of place sometimes, he didn't understand why he was on the show.
Just finished watching it, I thought Matt was good, but at times it all felt very awkward.

I think I'd watch the next episode, but Chris Evans is really quite annoying.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   21 Jun 2016, 10:17 pm
There's a documentary on ITV at the mo, which is behind the scenes at Stockwell bus garage.

S813 FVK   28 Jun 2016, 8:58 pm
It's the last episode of the current series of Top Gear next Sunday. I was bored this morning so I stuck BBC iPlayer on and watched Extra Gear and my god, it was so much better.

The logo for Clarkson, Hammond and May's new show, The Grand Tour, was released this morning by Clarkson himself via Twitter: https://twitter.com/JeremyClarkson/statu...9739824133
Michael   28 Jun 2016, 9:03 pm
(28 Jun 2016, 8:58 pm)S813 FVK wrote It's the last episode of the current series of Top Gear next Sunday. I was bored this morning so I stuck BBC iPlayer on and watched Extra Gear and my god, it was so much better.

The logo for Clarkson, Hammond and May's new show, The Grand Tour, was released this morning by Clarkson himself via Twitter: https://twitter.com/JeremyClarkson/statu...9739824133

Logo is quite good.

Not keen on "Top Gear", Chris Evans is just annoying...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
S813 FVK   28 Jun 2016, 9:07 pm
(28 Jun 2016, 9:03 pm)Michael wrote Logo is quite good.

Not keen on "Top Gear", Chris Evans is just annoying...

Yeah I quite like it too, despite what some of the people who have responded to the tweet say.

As for Top Gear, it was reported the other day that Le Blanc was threatening to leave the show providing Evans isn't sacked. Based on what has been reported, I don't think the ratings will see another series being made any time soon but who knows what will happen I guess.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MurdnunoC   04 Jul 2016, 2:29 pm
Chris Evans quits Top Gear after one series

http://gu.com/p/4nmkn?CMP=Share_AndroidA..._clipboard
S813 FVK   04 Jul 2016, 2:36 pm
(04 Jul 2016, 2:29 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Chris Evans quits Top Gear after one series

http://gu.com/p/4nmkn?CMP=Share_AndroidA..._clipboard

Not much hope for Top Gear now unfortunately. I found Le Blanc too boring and neutral for my liking. Maybe its just me not fully getting used to the switch of presenters though - the change in personality was great.
Pages (47)    144 45 46 47