North East Buses
Whats made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Whats made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=930)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 20 Mar 2015

(20 Mar 2015, 11:38 am)GMitchelhill The fact that my new computer is now up and running. (However due to lack of Microsoft Office, I won't be able to do any further work on my website for the forseeable future but I can upload photos if I can be bothered).

Also I get to spend the next 2 days with my partner.

Can you not download OpenOffice instead, Gary? Free alternative to MS Office.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Davie - 20 Mar 2015

(20 Mar 2015, 7:54 pm)Tommy_1581 Going to Newcastle tomorrow...

What time, Tommy?

RE: Whats made you happy today? - omnicity4659 - 21 Mar 2015

(20 Mar 2015, 8:39 pm)Davie What time, Tommy?

11:00 or 12:00 ish I forgot the respite times haha

Whats made you happy today? - R852 PRG - 21 Mar 2015

Watching the drivers of Go North East's 4990 and Arriva's 1523 fight for Stand L in Durham Bus Station. Big Grin

1523 won, and 4990 had to do a loop around Durham and come back again. hehe

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 21 Mar 2015

(21 Mar 2015, 11:12 am)MarcTheA4 Watching the drivers of Go North East's 4990 and Arriva's 1523 fight for Stand L in Durham Bus Station. Big Grin

1523 won, and 4990 had to do a loop around Durham and come back again. hehe
Common sight in Durham Bus Station that.

Bet it was fun after I left Durham Bus Station yesterday afternoon as the 20 arrived late with the 20A arriving just behind it with another 20 not far behind that, so I saw all three within about 5 minutes whilst stood outside CeX, this is why my shot of 3981 looked so busy.

Clearly something happened along the route as I also saw the 265 running around 30 minutes late and the 22 was late as well.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 21 Mar 2015

Discovering that Three allows customers to use their phones abroad at no extra cost. All you can eat data bundles are limited to 25GB, but even I'm not that much of a heavy user.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - omnicity4659 - 21 Mar 2015

(21 Mar 2015, 2:06 pm)Dan Discovering that Three allows customers to use their phones abroad at no extra cost. All you can eat data bundles are limited to 25GB, but even I'm not that much of a heavy user.

#holidayspamonNEB

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 21 Mar 2015

(21 Mar 2015, 2:06 pm)Dan Discovering that Three allows customers to use their phones abroad at no extra cost. All you can eat data bundles are limited to 25GB, but even I'm not that much of a heavy user.

Hadn't realised that. That's really good value. I don't think any others offer anywhere near that?

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 21 Mar 2015

(21 Mar 2015, 2:33 pm)aureolin Hadn't realised that. That's really good value. I don't think any others offer anywhere near that?

It's a partnership with Orange, apparently, so I'd be surprised if EE don't offer something similar now? I just happened to stumble across an article about Three offering it in about 16 countries now, while reading / watching reviews about the new Galaxy S6. I assumed it wouldn't apply to my one-month rolling contract which I pay £12.90 for (given that it's incredibly cheap for an unlimited 4G package compared to other providers), but, much to my surprise, Three confirmed that I am eligible to use this offer in a phone call.

Chuffed, as it means when I go to Paris over Easter, I won't have to wait until I get back to the hotel to use the Wi-Fi there. It's fantastic value for money, given that you can text / ring UK numbers using your normal allowances you'd have back in the UK. When those run out, you can ring EE and ask for an add-on so that you don't have to pay extortionate fees for using your phone abroad.

Whats made you happy today? - R852 PRG - 21 Mar 2015

Took plenty of decent (by my standards! Tongue) photos around Stagecoach's Wheatsheaf depot.

Also, I've been on about 5 Renowns today. Smile

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Andreos1 - 21 Mar 2015

(21 Mar 2015, 2:33 pm)aureolin Hadn't realised that. That's really good value. I don't think any others offer anywhere near that?

Think they started last summer. Can vaguely remember the adverts on the telly.
It may be they're rolling it out to more countries this year.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 21 Mar 2015

(21 Mar 2015, 3:15 pm)Andreos1 Think they started last summer. Can vaguely remember the adverts on the telly.
It may be they're rolling it out to more countries this year.
Yeah I remember the adverts for this, it was them apologising for people's holiday spam photos with #HolidaySpam.

We are sorry for plane wing, after plane wing, after plane wing.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Rapidsnap - 21 Mar 2015

(20 Mar 2015, 7:57 pm)aureolin Can you not download OpenOffice instead, Gary? Free alternative to MS Office.

Point me in the direction of this open office.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 21 Mar 2015

(21 Mar 2015, 5:31 pm)GMitchelhill Point me in the direction of this open office.

https://www.openoffice.org/

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Diamond One - 21 Mar 2015

visiting a friend of mine i loved every second

RE: Whats made you happy today? - R852 PRG - 22 Mar 2015

This meme: [Image: http://dudelol.com/img/do-you-know-what-hentai-is.jpeg] Big Grin

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 22 Mar 2015

This is what happens when you don't wear a belt and you're running for the bus............

PMSL - http://www.unilad.co.uk/video/man-tries-to-run-for-bus-loses-pants-around-ankles-caught-on-camera/

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 22 Mar 2015

(22 Mar 2015, 2:56 pm)Michael This is what happens when you don't wear a belt and you're running for the bus............

PMSL - http://www.unilad.co.uk/video/man-tries-to-run-for-bus-loses-pants-around-ankles-caught-on-camera/

That is fooking hilarious, especially when he fall flat on his face...

Wonder if he learnt a lesson and invested in a belt, or learnt how to use a drawstring if he wears Tracksuit Bottoms

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Rapidsnap - 22 Mar 2015

Went to the recruitment day for GNE today and got to test drive two of the fleet.

First off was Volvo B9TL / Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 number 6084. What suprised me was that, you couldn't tell you were driving a tall vehicle. But I suppose it might be more noticable on a windy day. The instructor person with the Gemini then suggested I should try one of the single deckers, and recommended the silver Citaro that was in attendence. Unfortunatley, I missed out on it with the person in front of me getting it. I ended up with Wright Streetlite 8344. Although I'm not a fan of these, the layout of the cab impressed me, and one of the few positives I found with the type, another was that it seemed very manouverable. However compared to 6084, I though the response when you pressed the accelerator was a bit slow. The Volvo may have had a lag too, but it wasn't as noticable compared to the Streetlite. Unfortunatley, I had to go to work, which meant I didn't get the chance to sample other vehicles.

Anyway, I've got an application form to fill in which I hopefully hand in on Monday or Tuesday.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MurdnunoC - 22 Mar 2015

(22 Mar 2015, 5:51 pm)GMitchelhill Went to the recruitment day for GNE today and got to test drive two of the fleet.

First off was Volvo B9TL / Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 number 6084. What suprised me was that, you couldn't tell you were driving a tall vehicle. But I suppose it might be more noticable on a windy day. The instructor person with the Gemini then suggested I should try one of the single deckers, and recommended the silver Citaro that was in attendence. Unfortunatley, I missed out on it with the person in front of me getting it. I ended up with Wright Streetlite 8344. Although I'm not a fan of these, the layout of the cab impressed me, and one of the few positives I found with the type, another was that it seemed very manouverable. However compared to 6084, I though the response when you pressed the accelerator was a bit slow. The Volvo may have had a lag too, but it wasn't as noticable compared to the Streetlite. Unfortunatley, I had to go to work, which meant I didn't get the chance to sample other vehicles.

Anyway, I've got an application form to fill in which I hopefully hand in on Monday or Tuesday.

I wish I had stayed for another turn on different vehicle but the queue was pretty big after my drive. There wasn't many people in line when I rocked up - I think I waited around 10 minutes - but after I'd been into Metrocentre and returned to my car (parked in the coach-park) I heard people mentioning that they had been queuing for around half-an-hour.