Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2017

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2017

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2017

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (22) Previous 120 21 22 Next
Adrian

30 May 2017, 7:21 pm #401
(30 May 2017, 8:17 am)S813 FVK I would argue that given this station is located two stations away from a station named 'Sunderland', which University it is would be quite clear.

I would argue the more clarity the better. There is of course only one university in Sunderland, but which site/campus is it? It is a long walk between the two!

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
30 May 2017, 7:21 pm #401

(30 May 2017, 8:17 am)S813 FVK I would argue that given this station is located two stations away from a station named 'Sunderland', which University it is would be quite clear.

I would argue the more clarity the better. There is of course only one university in Sunderland, but which site/campus is it? It is a long walk between the two!

ne14ne1

30 May 2017, 7:41 pm #402
(30 May 2017, 7:21 pm)Adrian I would argue the more clarity the better. There is of course only one university in Sunderland, but which site/campus is it? It is a long walk between the two!

Yeah my thinking is people visiting/new to the area know of 'Newcastle' and generally think Tynemouth, Gateshead, Metrocentre for example is all in Newcastle. Who's to say when quickly looking at the Metro map that Sunderland isn't just a suburb like Jesmond, Byker, Pelaw etc etc.
(I've looked at the map plenty of times and only now just noticed the grey circle marking Newcastle City Centre and Sunderland City Centre).

Nevermind, more importantly GNE's NSAs are coming along leaps & bounds - theres just a few odd bits here and there.

Smile
Edited 30 May 2017, 7:42 pm by ne14ne1.
ne14ne1
30 May 2017, 7:41 pm #402

(30 May 2017, 7:21 pm)Adrian I would argue the more clarity the better. There is of course only one university in Sunderland, but which site/campus is it? It is a long walk between the two!

Yeah my thinking is people visiting/new to the area know of 'Newcastle' and generally think Tynemouth, Gateshead, Metrocentre for example is all in Newcastle. Who's to say when quickly looking at the Metro map that Sunderland isn't just a suburb like Jesmond, Byker, Pelaw etc etc.
(I've looked at the map plenty of times and only now just noticed the grey circle marking Newcastle City Centre and Sunderland City Centre).

Nevermind, more importantly GNE's NSAs are coming along leaps & bounds - theres just a few odd bits here and there.

Smile

Andreos1

30 May 2017, 7:55 pm #403

Imagine the confusion if there was a limited clarity at the Durham Uni stop at Thornaby!

Even more a walk between that and the main sites in Durham.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
30 May 2017, 7:55 pm #403

Imagine the confusion if there was a limited clarity at the Durham Uni stop at Thornaby!

Even more a walk between that and the main sites in Durham.

dannygee

30 May 2017, 11:39 pm #404
One thing i find with NSA's is that somtimes by the time they are said the bus has gone past the bus stop and when the bus stop and it then repeats what stop it is the bus has sometimes left the stop and is up the road. They do seem to take quite a while
dannygee
30 May 2017, 11:39 pm #404

One thing i find with NSA's is that somtimes by the time they are said the bus has gone past the bus stop and when the bus stop and it then repeats what stop it is the bus has sometimes left the stop and is up the road. They do seem to take quite a while

Andreos1

31 May 2017, 7:58 am #405
5421 has given up the ghost Sunderland bound just short of Herrington Interchange. Passengers were being transferred to another purple Streetlite.

#brokendownpurplestreetlite
Wink

Andreos1
31 May 2017, 7:58 am #405

5421 has given up the ghost Sunderland bound just short of Herrington Interchange. Passengers were being transferred to another purple Streetlite.

#brokendownpurplestreetlite
Wink

Venturego

31 May 2017, 10:57 am #406
(30 May 2017, 11:39 pm)dannygee One thing i find with NSA's is that sometimes by the time they are said the bus has gone past the bus stop and when the bus stop and it then repeats what stop it is the bus has sometimes left the stop and is up the road. They do seem to take quite a while

Strongly Agree! - Often on 21, the bus has already reached the stop before announcement is broadcast - Far too late for anyone, especially elderly or with slight disability to have time to ring bell for bus to have time to stop (if it wasn't stopping already at that point) 
I'm guessing it's all activated by GPS, but surely this can be re-calculated or as in some cases have the next stop announced as soon as bus leaves previous stop.

Recently I was in Geneva, where this is the case, and also displayed on video screen showing immediate route with next 4-5 stops indicated - Next Immediate stop is shown in Bold type. Audio announcement made after leaving preceding stop.

On a separate issue, with Nexus planning expensive Metro extensions to Washington, Team Valley, Metro Centre etc.. Would new style trolley buses either running on existing roads (west-end) or dedicated roads (instead of laying rail tracks) be more cost effective?

Geneva images:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xpyfMY9kZY

New Style (Overhead power or Independent Battery (For roadworks/diversions etc..):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v97eyrLPJdE

Sweden(Malmo) BioGas version : Shows Next Stop/s screen (as I described on Geneva bus) at 2:17 through clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUWwBklUoT0

Range:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08_h0HYpSj4
Edited 31 May 2017, 11:10 am by Venturego.
Venturego
31 May 2017, 10:57 am #406

(30 May 2017, 11:39 pm)dannygee One thing i find with NSA's is that sometimes by the time they are said the bus has gone past the bus stop and when the bus stop and it then repeats what stop it is the bus has sometimes left the stop and is up the road. They do seem to take quite a while

Strongly Agree! - Often on 21, the bus has already reached the stop before announcement is broadcast - Far too late for anyone, especially elderly or with slight disability to have time to ring bell for bus to have time to stop (if it wasn't stopping already at that point) 
I'm guessing it's all activated by GPS, but surely this can be re-calculated or as in some cases have the next stop announced as soon as bus leaves previous stop.

Recently I was in Geneva, where this is the case, and also displayed on video screen showing immediate route with next 4-5 stops indicated - Next Immediate stop is shown in Bold type. Audio announcement made after leaving preceding stop.

On a separate issue, with Nexus planning expensive Metro extensions to Washington, Team Valley, Metro Centre etc.. Would new style trolley buses either running on existing roads (west-end) or dedicated roads (instead of laying rail tracks) be more cost effective?

Geneva images:

New Style (Overhead power or Independent Battery (For roadworks/diversions etc..):

Sweden(Malmo) BioGas version : Shows Next Stop/s screen (as I described on Geneva bus) at 2:17 through clip:

Range:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08_h0HYpSj4

31 May 2017, 11:09 am #407
(31 May 2017, 10:57 am)Venturego Strongly Agree! - Often on 21, the bus has already reached the stop before announcement is broadcast - Far too late for anyone, especially elderly or with slight disability to have time to ring bell for bus to have time to stop (if it wasn't stopping already at that point) 

Geneva images:

Sweden(Malmo):

Most of the plans for Extenstion's are on Mothballed/Underused lines around Tyne and Wear, So it's much a case of electrification, Replacing Some track and updating the Signalling, And there you have it.

Building a Trollybus System would take atleast a Year or more in the planning, Adding that to Planning Permission etc for infrastructure, Sorting a contract with a contractor and procuring a whole new fleet of Trollybuses, So id heavily doubt Nexus are going to be wasting there time on these things when extending the existing Metro over mostly Railway land, And will do the job, Aswell as saving time/Money.

From a enthusiast's point of view, I wouldn't mind them for some Variety.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
South Tyne Lad
31 May 2017, 11:09 am #407

(31 May 2017, 10:57 am)Venturego Strongly Agree! - Often on 21, the bus has already reached the stop before announcement is broadcast - Far too late for anyone, especially elderly or with slight disability to have time to ring bell for bus to have time to stop (if it wasn't stopping already at that point) 

Geneva images:

Sweden(Malmo):

Most of the plans for Extenstion's are on Mothballed/Underused lines around Tyne and Wear, So it's much a case of electrification, Replacing Some track and updating the Signalling, And there you have it.

Building a Trollybus System would take atleast a Year or more in the planning, Adding that to Planning Permission etc for infrastructure, Sorting a contract with a contractor and procuring a whole new fleet of Trollybuses, So id heavily doubt Nexus are going to be wasting there time on these things when extending the existing Metro over mostly Railway land, And will do the job, Aswell as saving time/Money.

From a enthusiast's point of view, I wouldn't mind them for some Variety.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

Michael

31 May 2017, 12:41 pm #408
4976? Now branded "Black Cats", its on the 35 or 36, stand L, in Park Lane

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
31 May 2017, 12:41 pm #408

4976? Now branded "Black Cats", its on the 35 or 36, stand L, in Park Lane

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jimmi

31 May 2017, 12:44 pm #409
(31 May 2017, 12:41 pm)Michael 4976? Now branded "Black Cats", its on the 35 or 36, stand L, in Park Lane
4976 is indeed branded for Black Cats now although it was on the X5 a bit earlier on though.
Jimmi
31 May 2017, 12:44 pm #409

(31 May 2017, 12:41 pm)Michael 4976? Now branded "Black Cats", its on the 35 or 36, stand L, in Park Lane
4976 is indeed branded for Black Cats now although it was on the X5 a bit earlier on though.

Michael

31 May 2017, 1:07 pm #410
(31 May 2017, 12:44 pm)Jimmi 4976 is indeed branded for Black Cats now although it was on the X5 a bit earlier on though.

Might be on that service, it had no number on, i passed it on a hurry.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
31 May 2017, 1:07 pm #410

(31 May 2017, 12:44 pm)Jimmi 4976 is indeed branded for Black Cats now although it was on the X5 a bit earlier on though.

Might be on that service, it had no number on, i passed it on a hurry.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

31 May 2017, 5:19 pm #411
Any idea why 5299 and 5438 was at Saltmeadows today?

Also a routemaster was spotted.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
31 May 2017, 5:19 pm #411

Any idea why 5299 and 5438 was at Saltmeadows today?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

31 May 2017, 5:44 pm #412
A 9 was evacuated on Park Road Jarrow this afternoon because someone had left a package on a seat
Coppercap40
31 May 2017, 5:44 pm #412

A 9 was evacuated on Park Road Jarrow this afternoon because someone had left a package on a seat

31 May 2017, 6:03 pm #413
Looks like NEBPT's Routemaster that's at Saltmeadows, it previously carried The Potato Story livery. It looks like its had a repaint possibly at Saltmeadows as The Potato Story vinyls were removed sometime prior to North East Bus & Coach Show and looked like it was in need of repainting, it was the Bus at the entrance where people paid to enter.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
Edited 31 May 2017, 6:03 pm by TEN 6083.
TEN 6083
31 May 2017, 6:03 pm #413

Looks like NEBPT's Routemaster that's at Saltmeadows, it previously carried The Potato Story livery. It looks like its had a repaint possibly at Saltmeadows as The Potato Story vinyls were removed sometime prior to North East Bus & Coach Show and looked like it was in need of repainting, it was the Bus at the entrance where people paid to enter.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Adrian

31 May 2017, 6:14 pm #414
(31 May 2017, 5:19 pm)Michael Any idea why 5299 and 5438 was at Saltmeadows today?

NEBPT's JJD530D. It was recently stripped of the 'Potato Story' vinyls.

[Image: 17952535_1397086773682179_46168461255189...e=59AAE0B4]

Photo credit: North East Bus Preservation Trust

Adrian
31 May 2017, 6:14 pm #414

(31 May 2017, 5:19 pm)Michael Any idea why 5299 and 5438 was at Saltmeadows today?

NEBPT's JJD530D. It was recently stripped of the 'Potato Story' vinyls.

[Image: 17952535_1397086773682179_46168461255189...e=59AAE0B4]

Photo credit: North East Bus Preservation Trust

big mac

31 May 2017, 6:23 pm #415
(30 May 2017, 11:39 pm)dannygee One thing i find with NSA's is that somtimes by the time they are said the bus has gone past the bus stop and when the bus stop and it then repeats what stop it is the bus has sometimes left the stop and is up the road. They do seem to take quite a while

On the X21 it will say "we are now approaching [name of stop]" when the bus is already at or has just gone past said stop.
big mac
31 May 2017, 6:23 pm #415

(30 May 2017, 11:39 pm)dannygee One thing i find with NSA's is that somtimes by the time they are said the bus has gone past the bus stop and when the bus stop and it then repeats what stop it is the bus has sometimes left the stop and is up the road. They do seem to take quite a while

On the X21 it will say "we are now approaching [name of stop]" when the bus is already at or has just gone past said stop.

Dan

Site Administrator

31 May 2017, 6:30 pm #416
(31 May 2017, 6:14 pm)Adrian NEBPT's JJD530D. It was recently stripped of the 'Potato Story' vinyls.

Didn't take very long for that one to be leaked... This is of course the first new bus to be acquired for the X9/X10 services - it will have Wi-Fi, tables and power sockets retrofitted. The lower saloon will be converted to a first class lounge, which passengers will be able to buy tickets for. This will include more comfortable seating, and an at-seat service, with tea, coffee and light refreshments provided, free of charge.

It is pictured below whilst undergoing preparation for repaint. Fleet number 6901.

.jpg
WP_20170525_13_05_40_Pro.jpg
Size 390.97 KB / Downloads 23
Dan
31 May 2017, 6:30 pm #416

(31 May 2017, 6:14 pm)Adrian NEBPT's JJD530D. It was recently stripped of the 'Potato Story' vinyls.

Didn't take very long for that one to be leaked... This is of course the first new bus to be acquired for the X9/X10 services - it will have Wi-Fi, tables and power sockets retrofitted. The lower saloon will be converted to a first class lounge, which passengers will be able to buy tickets for. This will include more comfortable seating, and an at-seat service, with tea, coffee and light refreshments provided, free of charge.

It is pictured below whilst undergoing preparation for repaint. Fleet number 6901.

.jpg
WP_20170525_13_05_40_Pro.jpg
Size 390.97 KB / Downloads 23

S813 FVK

31 May 2017, 6:38 pm #417
Now where is that like button! Big GrinBig Grin
S813 FVK
31 May 2017, 6:38 pm #417

Now where is that like button! Big GrinBig Grin

Michael

31 May 2017, 6:40 pm #418
Behind the Routemaster, looks like there's a "Black Cats" Scania, anyone know which one it is?

On this photo: https://www.flickr.com/photos/135164140@...ateposted/
Edited 31 May 2017, 6:41 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
31 May 2017, 6:40 pm #418

Behind the Routemaster, looks like there's a "Black Cats" Scania, anyone know which one it is?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

cbma06

31 May 2017, 6:41 pm #419
(31 May 2017, 6:30 pm)Dan Didn't take very long for that one to be leaked... This is of course the first new bus to be acquired for the X9/X10 services - it will have Wi-Fi, tables and power sockets retrofitted. The lower saloon will be converted to a first class lounge, which passengers will be able to buy tickets for. This will include more comfortable seating, and an at-seat service, with tea, coffee and light refreshments provided, free of charge.

Will a Solo sr be following the bus just in case it breaks down on the A19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
31 May 2017, 6:41 pm #419

(31 May 2017, 6:30 pm)Dan Didn't take very long for that one to be leaked... This is of course the first new bus to be acquired for the X9/X10 services - it will have Wi-Fi, tables and power sockets retrofitted. The lower saloon will be converted to a first class lounge, which passengers will be able to buy tickets for. This will include more comfortable seating, and an at-seat service, with tea, coffee and light refreshments provided, free of charge.

Will a Solo sr be following the bus just in case it breaks down on the A19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31 May 2017, 7:36 pm #420
(31 May 2017, 6:40 pm)Michael Behind the Routemaster, looks like there's a "Black Cats" Scania, anyone know which one it is?

4992. Daniel Picken posted a photo of it leaving.
EL1TE
31 May 2017, 7:36 pm #420

(31 May 2017, 6:40 pm)Michael Behind the Routemaster, looks like there's a "Black Cats" Scania, anyone know which one it is?

4992. Daniel Picken posted a photo of it leaving.

Pages (22) Previous 120 21 22 Next

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average