Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
Adrian

20 Jul 2019, 3:52 pm #21
<p>
(15 Jul 2019, 9:40 am)Rob44 Have to say i wouldn't let a 306/308 go past just so I can get on a newer bus, with table, wifi etc etc. And Im sure 90% of fellow passengers would agree TBH

</p><p><br></p><p>There's very little brand loyalty from ENCTS pass holders, and I'd imagine, Network One users also. They'll get the first bus that turns up.</p><p><br></p><p>As a commercial ticket holder,&nbsp;if I had a choice, I'd chuck Arriva without a second thought. Even if it meant paying a little more.</p>

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
20 Jul 2019, 3:52 pm #21

<p>

(15 Jul 2019, 9:40 am)Rob44 Have to say i wouldn't let a 306/308 go past just so I can get on a newer bus, with table, wifi etc etc. And Im sure 90% of fellow passengers would agree TBH

</p><p><br></p><p>There's very little brand loyalty from ENCTS pass holders, and I'd imagine, Network One users also. They'll get the first bus that turns up.</p><p><br></p><p>As a commercial ticket holder,&nbsp;if I had a choice, I'd chuck Arriva without a second thought. Even if it meant paying a little more.</p>

20 Jul 2019, 10:04 pm #22
<p>
(20 Jul 2019, 3:52 pm)Adrian </p><p>
</p><p><br></p><p>There's very little brand loyalty from ENCTS pass holders, and I'd imagine, Network One users also. They'll get the first bus that turns up.</p><p><br></p><p>As a commercial ticket holder,&nbsp;if I had a choice, I'd chuck Arriva without a second thought. Even if it meant paying a little more.</p><p>

</p><p><br></p><p>Even if I didn't have my GNE pass, I would happily pay the extra to not travel Arriva!&nbsp;</p><p>During CTBW I thought I'd&nbsp;pay the £1 and only use Arriva for the day. Fair to say, by the time the time I got to Spennymoor on the 6, I was regretting the decision as the X21 was directly in front, with it's leather seats, tables and sockets. Once I got to Newcastle (via the X12, which was also a mistake), I decided to try the 'new' e400s they have on the X21, and if I'm being honest, Arriva's 'high spec' Sapphire buses are just on par with GNE's standard spec, except with an order of magnitude more rattles!</p><p>On the way back home, I didn't fancy subjecting myself to the X12 again, so took the X21 and relaxed in comfort.</p><p><br></p><p>I don't have any statistics to back up, but I regularly see a lot more passengers get on the X21 over the 6 at Durham, so I think regular passengers do appreciate the nicer buses.</p><p>In fact, my mother (who knows less than nothing about buses) got the GNE X46 to Crook over the Arriva X46 because it "looked nicer". She didn't even know they were ran by two different companies.&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>So basically what I'm saying is, in a situation where the average person wants to get the bus, and they're not tied to any particular operator (ENCTS, Network One, one off user etc.), and the buses go to the same place, I'd be willing to bet that the majority would pick a bus the nicer bus. Network One and ENCTS, in particular as they would be more likely to try both operators</p>
streetdeckfan
20 Jul 2019, 10:04 pm #22

<p>

(20 Jul 2019, 3:52 pm)Adrian </p><p>
</p><p><br></p><p>There's very little brand loyalty from ENCTS pass holders, and I'd imagine, Network One users also. They'll get the first bus that turns up.</p><p><br></p><p>As a commercial ticket holder,&nbsp;if I had a choice, I'd chuck Arriva without a second thought. Even if it meant paying a little more.</p><p>

</p><p><br></p><p>Even if I didn't have my GNE pass, I would happily pay the extra to not travel Arriva!&nbsp;</p><p>During CTBW I thought I'd&nbsp;pay the £1 and only use Arriva for the day. Fair to say, by the time the time I got to Spennymoor on the 6, I was regretting the decision as the X21 was directly in front, with it's leather seats, tables and sockets. Once I got to Newcastle (via the X12, which was also a mistake), I decided to try the 'new' e400s they have on the X21, and if I'm being honest, Arriva's 'high spec' Sapphire buses are just on par with GNE's standard spec, except with an order of magnitude more rattles!</p><p>On the way back home, I didn't fancy subjecting myself to the X12 again, so took the X21 and relaxed in comfort.</p><p><br></p><p>I don't have any statistics to back up, but I regularly see a lot more passengers get on the X21 over the 6 at Durham, so I think regular passengers do appreciate the nicer buses.</p><p>In fact, my mother (who knows less than nothing about buses) got the GNE X46 to Crook over the Arriva X46 because it "looked nicer". She didn't even know they were ran by two different companies.&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>So basically what I'm saying is, in a situation where the average person wants to get the bus, and they're not tied to any particular operator (ENCTS, Network One, one off user etc.), and the buses go to the same place, I'd be willing to bet that the majority would pick a bus the nicer bus. Network One and ENCTS, in particular as they would be more likely to try both operators</p>

Rob44

21 Jul 2019, 7:09 am #23
you both make good points but you cant tell me most travellers ( with no affiliated ticket ) would say oh its the 308 arriva, its not branded, its not got tables, its not even a MAX spec bus etc so lets let that go by and wait for the 309 with it tables and wifi and leather seats? Maybe as a bus enthusiast you would but not regular punter.
Rob44
21 Jul 2019, 7:09 am #23

you both make good points but you cant tell me most travellers ( with no affiliated ticket ) would say oh its the 308 arriva, its not branded, its not got tables, its not even a MAX spec bus etc so lets let that go by and wait for the 309 with it tables and wifi and leather seats? Maybe as a bus enthusiast you would but not regular punter.

Ryland

21 Jul 2019, 5:27 pm #24
Long shot I know but are the north east due any new buses to replace the aging fleet
Ryland
21 Jul 2019, 5:27 pm #24

Long shot I know but are the north east due any new buses to replace the aging fleet

Adrian

21 Jul 2019, 6:20 pm #25
<p>
(21 Jul 2019, 7:09 am)Rob44 you both make good points but you cant tell me most travellers ( with no affiliated ticket ) would say oh its the 308 arriva, its not branded, its not got tables, its not even a MAX spec bus etc so lets let that go by and wait for the 309 with it tables and wifi and leather seats? Maybe as a bus enthusiast you would but not regular punter.

</p><p><br></p><p>Depends on a number of factors, doesn't it? I don't think you could categorically say that every passenger would though.</p><p><br></p><p>I would choose the GNE bus based on my experience as a whole vs my experience with Arriva. I've used both companies services for a number of years. The buses used does matter to me somewhat, but certainly NSA, WiFi and USB sockets would not influence my decision.</p>

Adrian
21 Jul 2019, 6:20 pm #25

<p>

(21 Jul 2019, 7:09 am)Rob44 you both make good points but you cant tell me most travellers ( with no affiliated ticket ) would say oh its the 308 arriva, its not branded, its not got tables, its not even a MAX spec bus etc so lets let that go by and wait for the 309 with it tables and wifi and leather seats? Maybe as a bus enthusiast you would but not regular punter.

</p><p><br></p><p>Depends on a number of factors, doesn't it? I don't think you could categorically say that every passenger would though.</p><p><br></p><p>I would choose the GNE bus based on my experience as a whole vs my experience with Arriva. I've used both companies services for a number of years. The buses used does matter to me somewhat, but certainly NSA, WiFi and USB sockets would not influence my decision.</p>

GNE6312

21 Jul 2019, 8:32 pm #26
<p>
(21 Jul 2019, 5:27 pm)Ryland Long shot I know but are the north east due any new buses to replace the aging fleet

</p><p><br></p><p>Probably just cast off's because it is arriva lol</p>
GNE6312
21 Jul 2019, 8:32 pm #26

<p>

(21 Jul 2019, 5:27 pm)Ryland Long shot I know but are the north east due any new buses to replace the aging fleet

</p><p><br></p><p>Probably just cast off's because it is arriva lol</p>

Kuyoyo

21 Jul 2019, 8:57 pm #27
Confirmed Fleet Movements as a result of the service changes this weekend:

Stockton

1915/22 to Reserve

Darlington

2817/9/20 to reserve
Kuyoyo
21 Jul 2019, 8:57 pm #27

Confirmed Fleet Movements as a result of the service changes this weekend:

Stockton

1915/22 to Reserve

Darlington

2817/9/20 to reserve

Ryland

21 Jul 2019, 9:24 pm #28
Seen the x4 service today but on the screeñ it's destination was shown at redcar instead of Middlesbrough any particular reason

<p>
(21 Jul 2019, 8:57 pm)Kuyoyo Confirmed Fleet Movements as a result of the service changes this weekend:

Stockton

1915/22 to Reserve

Darlington

2817/9/20 to reserve

</p><p><br></p><p><br></p><p>Couldn't the solos transfer to redcar as extra then that can relief 1759 and 4316&nbsp; to be withdrawn</p>
Edited 21 Jul 2019, 9:28 pm by Ryland.
Ryland
21 Jul 2019, 9:24 pm #28

Seen the x4 service today but on the screeñ it's destination was shown at redcar instead of Middlesbrough any particular reason

<p>
(21 Jul 2019, 8:57 pm)Kuyoyo Confirmed Fleet Movements as a result of the service changes this weekend:

Stockton

1915/22 to Reserve

Darlington

2817/9/20 to reserve

</p><p><br></p><p><br></p><p>Couldn't the solos transfer to redcar as extra then that can relief 1759 and 4316&nbsp; to be withdrawn</p>

21 Jul 2019, 9:29 pm #29
<p>
</p><p><br></p><p>I have to disagree with you there, especially with ENCTS and Network One pass holders, they typically use the service regularly, so I would imagine have experience with both operators. Once you've used both a couple times, you're going to get a preference for one over the other whether you're an enthusiast or not.</p><p><br></p><p>Let's think of it another way,&nbsp;I'm going to assume that you're not a supermarket enthusiast, and I'm going to guess that you have a supermarket that you prefer to go to.&nbsp;</p><p>For example, I have a ALDI&nbsp;just round the corner, but I'll travel further to go to Sainsbury's because I prefer their food, even if it costs a bit more. For some people it's not about convenience, it's about the quality.&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p></p>
streetdeckfan
21 Jul 2019, 9:29 pm #29

<p>

</p><p><br></p><p>I have to disagree with you there, especially with ENCTS and Network One pass holders, they typically use the service regularly, so I would imagine have experience with both operators. Once you've used both a couple times, you're going to get a preference for one over the other whether you're an enthusiast or not.</p><p><br></p><p>Let's think of it another way,&nbsp;I'm going to assume that you're not a supermarket enthusiast, and I'm going to guess that you have a supermarket that you prefer to go to.&nbsp;</p><p>For example, I have a ALDI&nbsp;just round the corner, but I'll travel further to go to Sainsbury's because I prefer their food, even if it costs a bit more. For some people it's not about convenience, it's about the quality.&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p></p>

21 Jul 2019, 9:47 pm #30
<span id="sceditor-start-marker" class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore" style="display: none; line-height: 0;"> </span><span id="sceditor-end-marker" class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore" style="display: none; line-height: 0;"> </span>
(21 Jul 2019, 9:24 pm)Ryland Seen the x4 service today but on the screeñ it's destination was shown at redcar instead of Middlesbrough any particular reason

<p>

Not happened yet 2815/7/9/20 were all out today

2815/7 on 8/19
2819 on 12/X75
2820 on something else
Stuartphin1639
21 Jul 2019, 9:47 pm #30

<span id="sceditor-start-marker" class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore" style="display: none; line-height: 0;"> </span><span id="sceditor-end-marker" class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore" style="display: none; line-height: 0;"> </span>

(21 Jul 2019, 9:24 pm)Ryland Seen the x4 service today but on the screeñ it's destination was shown at redcar instead of Middlesbrough any particular reason

<p>

Not happened yet 2815/7/9/20 were all out today

2815/7 on 8/19
2819 on 12/X75
2820 on something else

Jimmi

21 Jul 2019, 9:58 pm #31
(21 Jul 2019, 9:29 pm)streetdeckfan I have to disagree with you there, especially with ENCTS and Network One pass holders, they typically use the service regularly, so I would imagine have experience with both operators. Once you've used both a couple times, you're going to get a preference for one over the other whether you're an enthusiast or not. Let's think of it another way, & I'm going to assume that you're not a supermarket enthusiast, and I'm going to guess that you have a supermarket that you prefer to go to. For example, I have a ALDI & just round the corner, but I'll travel further to go to Sainsbury's because I prefer their food, even if it costs a bit more. For some people it's not about convenience, it's about the quality.

It's a bit of both really I feel, some will have a certain preference to one service or another be it journey time, cost, comfort and whatever else but some will accept others at points, I often see concession pass holders in places simply jump on whichever bus turns up first, I use the 7 which stops in the same part of Durham Bus Station as the 6 & X21 and I regularly see some just get the first bus leaving towards Bishop Auckland, some but not all and same with the Network One passes in Tyne & Wear, I see some get on the X12 in Birtley towards Newcastle at times when it gets to the bus stop before the 21, everyone's way of doing things is different, for example your point in shopping if I just want something like a chocolate bar I will often go to wherever is the nearest to where I am although sometimes does come down to cost as well.

The X4 increases to half hourly operation on the section between Whitby and Redcar on Sundays during the summer months (between end of May and start of September, guessing dates as the timetable on Arriva's website is from 2017 ), operates Whitby to Middlesbrough hourly on Sundays all year round.
Edited 21 Jul 2019, 10:04 pm by Jimmi.
Jimmi
21 Jul 2019, 9:58 pm #31

(21 Jul 2019, 9:29 pm)streetdeckfan I have to disagree with you there, especially with ENCTS and Network One pass holders, they typically use the service regularly, so I would imagine have experience with both operators. Once you've used both a couple times, you're going to get a preference for one over the other whether you're an enthusiast or not. Let's think of it another way, & I'm going to assume that you're not a supermarket enthusiast, and I'm going to guess that you have a supermarket that you prefer to go to. For example, I have a ALDI & just round the corner, but I'll travel further to go to Sainsbury's because I prefer their food, even if it costs a bit more. For some people it's not about convenience, it's about the quality.

It's a bit of both really I feel, some will have a certain preference to one service or another be it journey time, cost, comfort and whatever else but some will accept others at points, I often see concession pass holders in places simply jump on whichever bus turns up first, I use the 7 which stops in the same part of Durham Bus Station as the 6 & X21 and I regularly see some just get the first bus leaving towards Bishop Auckland, some but not all and same with the Network One passes in Tyne & Wear, I see some get on the X12 in Birtley towards Newcastle at times when it gets to the bus stop before the 21, everyone's way of doing things is different, for example your point in shopping if I just want something like a chocolate bar I will often go to wherever is the nearest to where I am although sometimes does come down to cost as well.

The X4 increases to half hourly operation on the section between Whitby and Redcar on Sundays during the summer months (between end of May and start of September, guessing dates as the timetable on Arriva's website is from 2017 ), operates Whitby to Middlesbrough hourly on Sundays all year round.

21 Jul 2019, 10:32 pm #32
<p>
(21 Jul 2019, 9:58 pm)Jimmi It's a bit of both really I feel, some will have a certain preference to one service or another be it journey time, cost, comfort and whatever else but some will accept others at points, I often see concession pass holders in places simply jump on whichever bus turns up first, I use the 7 which stops in the same part of Durham Bus Station as the 6 &amp; X21 and I regularly see some just get the first bus leaving towards Bishop Auckland, some but not all and same with the Network One passes in Tyne &amp; Wear, I see some get on the X12 in Birtley towards Newcastle at times when it gets to the bus stop before the 21, everyone's way of doing things is different, for example your point in shopping if I just want something like a chocolate bar I will often go to wherever is the nearest to where I am although sometimes does come down to cost as well.

</p><p><br></p><p>One thing that I've noticed is that I see a lot more fare paying passengers get the X21 than the 6. Same with the X12, most of the passengers were ENCTS pass holders. I don't know if it means anything, but from the small amount of data (if I can even call it that), you could conclude that passengers who are using their own money are choosing to travel with GNE over Arriva for the same journey, with the price being equal (assuming they purchase the Sapphire 6 RouteSaver and the Auckland Castle Saver)</p><p><br></p><p>With your analogy about the chocolate bar, I think that's a different situation. I'm thinking more along the lines of the supermarket preference for the weekly shop. If I run out of milk, I don't mind just popping down to Aldi. Same as if I miss the X21, and I'm in a rush, I'll just get the 6 and pay the £1.40</p>
streetdeckfan
21 Jul 2019, 10:32 pm #32

<p>

(21 Jul 2019, 9:58 pm)Jimmi It's a bit of both really I feel, some will have a certain preference to one service or another be it journey time, cost, comfort and whatever else but some will accept others at points, I often see concession pass holders in places simply jump on whichever bus turns up first, I use the 7 which stops in the same part of Durham Bus Station as the 6 &amp; X21 and I regularly see some just get the first bus leaving towards Bishop Auckland, some but not all and same with the Network One passes in Tyne &amp; Wear, I see some get on the X12 in Birtley towards Newcastle at times when it gets to the bus stop before the 21, everyone's way of doing things is different, for example your point in shopping if I just want something like a chocolate bar I will often go to wherever is the nearest to where I am although sometimes does come down to cost as well.

</p><p><br></p><p>One thing that I've noticed is that I see a lot more fare paying passengers get the X21 than the 6. Same with the X12, most of the passengers were ENCTS pass holders. I don't know if it means anything, but from the small amount of data (if I can even call it that), you could conclude that passengers who are using their own money are choosing to travel with GNE over Arriva for the same journey, with the price being equal (assuming they purchase the Sapphire 6 RouteSaver and the Auckland Castle Saver)</p><p><br></p><p>With your analogy about the chocolate bar, I think that's a different situation. I'm thinking more along the lines of the supermarket preference for the weekly shop. If I run out of milk, I don't mind just popping down to Aldi. Same as if I miss the X21, and I'm in a rush, I'll just get the 6 and pay the £1.40</p>

BusLoverMum

22 Jul 2019, 7:47 am #33
<p>
(20 Jul 2019, 10:04 pm)streetdeckfan </p><p>
</p><p><br></p><p>Even if I didn't have my GNE pass, I would happily pay the extra to not travel Arriva!&nbsp;</p><p>During CTBW I thought I'd&nbsp;pay the £1 and only use Arriva for the day. Fair to say, by the time the time I got to Spennymoor on the 6, I was regretting the decision as the X21 was directly in front, with it's leather seats, tables and sockets. Once I got to Newcastle (via the X12, which was also a mistake), I decided to try the 'new' e400s they have on the X21, and if I'm being honest, Arriva's 'high spec' Sapphire buses are just on par with GNE's standard spec, except with an order of magnitude more rattles!</p><p>On the way back home, I didn't fancy subjecting myself to the X12 again, so took the X21 and relaxed in comfort.</p><p><br></p><p>I don't have any statistics to back up, but I regularly see a lot more passengers get on the X21 over the 6 at Durham, so I think regular passengers do appreciate the nicer buses.</p><p>In fact, my mother (who knows less than nothing about buses) got the GNE X46 to Crook over the Arriva X46 because it "looked nicer". She didn't even know they were ran by two different companies.&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>So basically what I'm saying is, in a situation where the average person wants to get the bus, and they're not tied to any particular operator (ENCTS, Network One, one off user etc.), and the buses go to the same place, I'd be willing to bet that the majority would pick a bus the nicer bus. Network One and ENCTS, in particular as they would be more likely to try both operators</p><p>

</p><p><br></p><p>At dbs, people with no fixed ticket tend to catch whatever turns up first, out of the 6 and X21. If I'm travelling from fram to spenny, I will catch the X21 there for convenience, unless I need to pay for tickets both ways in which case it'll be arriva because I'm buggered if I'm standing at 4 Lane ends for 28 minutes because the time my meeting ended meant that I just missed the X21. I've spent enough of my life standing at that bus stop without restricting myself to twice hourly buses.&nbsp;</p>
BusLoverMum
22 Jul 2019, 7:47 am #33

<p>

(20 Jul 2019, 10:04 pm)streetdeckfan </p><p>
</p><p><br></p><p>Even if I didn't have my GNE pass, I would happily pay the extra to not travel Arriva!&nbsp;</p><p>During CTBW I thought I'd&nbsp;pay the £1 and only use Arriva for the day. Fair to say, by the time the time I got to Spennymoor on the 6, I was regretting the decision as the X21 was directly in front, with it's leather seats, tables and sockets. Once I got to Newcastle (via the X12, which was also a mistake), I decided to try the 'new' e400s they have on the X21, and if I'm being honest, Arriva's 'high spec' Sapphire buses are just on par with GNE's standard spec, except with an order of magnitude more rattles!</p><p>On the way back home, I didn't fancy subjecting myself to the X12 again, so took the X21 and relaxed in comfort.</p><p><br></p><p>I don't have any statistics to back up, but I regularly see a lot more passengers get on the X21 over the 6 at Durham, so I think regular passengers do appreciate the nicer buses.</p><p>In fact, my mother (who knows less than nothing about buses) got the GNE X46 to Crook over the Arriva X46 because it "looked nicer". She didn't even know they were ran by two different companies.&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>So basically what I'm saying is, in a situation where the average person wants to get the bus, and they're not tied to any particular operator (ENCTS, Network One, one off user etc.), and the buses go to the same place, I'd be willing to bet that the majority would pick a bus the nicer bus. Network One and ENCTS, in particular as they would be more likely to try both operators</p><p>

</p><p><br></p><p>At dbs, people with no fixed ticket tend to catch whatever turns up first, out of the 6 and X21. If I'm travelling from fram to spenny, I will catch the X21 there for convenience, unless I need to pay for tickets both ways in which case it'll be arriva because I'm buggered if I'm standing at 4 Lane ends for 28 minutes because the time my meeting ended meant that I just missed the X21. I've spent enough of my life standing at that bus stop without restricting myself to twice hourly buses.&nbsp;</p>

25 Jul 2019, 11:41 am #34

<p>
</p><p><br></p><p>Probably not enough capacity&nbsp;</p><p>Couldn't the solos transfer to redcar as extra then that can relief 1759 and 4316&nbsp; to be withdrawn</p>
Billinghambuslad
25 Jul 2019, 11:41 am #34

<p>
</p><p><br></p><p>Probably not enough capacity&nbsp;</p><p>Couldn't the solos transfer to redcar as extra then that can relief 1759 and 4316&nbsp; to be withdrawn</p>

Multi21

25 Jul 2019, 10:53 pm #35
Is it just me or has this just become an Arriva bashing? Anyone got anything good to say about Arriva for a change?

Also in answer the question. It's highly likely 1417 will be back in new livery. Estimated time for its return is very soon... Watch this space!
Multi21
25 Jul 2019, 10:53 pm #35

Is it just me or has this just become an Arriva bashing? Anyone got anything good to say about Arriva for a change?

Also in answer the question. It's highly likely 1417 will be back in new livery. Estimated time for its return is very soon... Watch this space!

Andreos1

26 Jul 2019, 8:36 am #36
<p>
(25 Jul 2019, 10:53 pm)Multi21 Is it just me or has this just become an Arriva bashing? Anyone got anything good to say about Arriva for a change?

</p><p><br></p><p>Broken down Streetlite at Billy Mill this morning Wink</p><p><br></p><p>I don't think it's Arriva bashing in the slightest. There's as much (if not more) complaints in the other operators threads to be fair.&nbsp;</p>

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
26 Jul 2019, 8:36 am #36

<p>

(25 Jul 2019, 10:53 pm)Multi21 Is it just me or has this just become an Arriva bashing? Anyone got anything good to say about Arriva for a change?

</p><p><br></p><p>Broken down Streetlite at Billy Mill this morning Wink</p><p><br></p><p>I don't think it's Arriva bashing in the slightest. There's as much (if not more) complaints in the other operators threads to be fair.&nbsp;</p>

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

26 Jul 2019, 4:24 pm #37
<p>

</p><p><br></p><p>Maybe if Arriva did something good we would say it! ?</p><p><br></p><p>I've actually said a few good things about Arriva recently, like how their Streetlite emergency doors don't rattle as much as GNE's, and how their tickets are cheaper.</p>
streetdeckfan
26 Jul 2019, 4:24 pm #37

<p>

</p><p><br></p><p>Maybe if Arriva did something good we would say it! ?</p><p><br></p><p>I've actually said a few good things about Arriva recently, like how their Streetlite emergency doors don't rattle as much as GNE's, and how their tickets are cheaper.</p>

S830OFT

26 Jul 2019, 5:06 pm #38
If Arriva invested more in areas that have a high proportion of bus user's, it would make their service more attractive, and more sustainable...

Blyth still operate MPDs which have never had a repaint, and still run around Northumberland in the outdated 1998 livery...

Ashington have Solos which are many years behind a repaint, yet Arriva only take 'certain' services into consideration of upgrades.

I hope when Arriva is sold, the new operators take all vehicles, and all services into consideration of a standard approach which ensures each service recives similar investment, although I would exclude this from their premium brands.

S830OFT
26 Jul 2019, 5:06 pm #38

If Arriva invested more in areas that have a high proportion of bus user's, it would make their service more attractive, and more sustainable...

Blyth still operate MPDs which have never had a repaint, and still run around Northumberland in the outdated 1998 livery...

Ashington have Solos which are many years behind a repaint, yet Arriva only take 'certain' services into consideration of upgrades.

I hope when Arriva is sold, the new operators take all vehicles, and all services into consideration of a standard approach which ensures each service recives similar investment, although I would exclude this from their premium brands.

RobinHood

26 Jul 2019, 5:53 pm #39
<p>
(26 Jul 2019, 5:06 pm)S830OFT If Arriva invested more in areas that have a high proportion of bus user's, it would make their service more attractive, and more sustainable...

</p><p><br></p><p>I think you've explained it really there.</p><p><br></p><p>Lack of investment isn't Arrivas fault, it's DB.</p><p>Every since Brexit was a thing, the value of the pound against the Euro has fallen, so their expected profit margin has decreased organically.</p><p><br></p><p>Hence the now lack of investment and sale.</p><p><br></p><p>The sooner Arriva get DB off of their back, the better for everyone - Arriva employees included.</p>
RobinHood
26 Jul 2019, 5:53 pm #39

<p>

(26 Jul 2019, 5:06 pm)S830OFT If Arriva invested more in areas that have a high proportion of bus user's, it would make their service more attractive, and more sustainable...

</p><p><br></p><p>I think you've explained it really there.</p><p><br></p><p>Lack of investment isn't Arrivas fault, it's DB.</p><p>Every since Brexit was a thing, the value of the pound against the Euro has fallen, so their expected profit margin has decreased organically.</p><p><br></p><p>Hence the now lack of investment and sale.</p><p><br></p><p>The sooner Arriva get DB off of their back, the better for everyone - Arriva employees included.</p>

26 Jul 2019, 6:04 pm #40
<p>
&nbsp;

</p><p><br></p><p>But why would Arriva 'waste' money improving services in areas that already have a high proportion of bus users. The lack of competition means that Arriva can get away with not investing anything as passengers have no choice but to use their service</p><p></p>
streetdeckfan
26 Jul 2019, 6:04 pm #40

<p>

&nbsp;

</p><p><br></p><p>But why would Arriva 'waste' money improving services in areas that already have a high proportion of bus users. The lack of competition means that Arriva can get away with not investing anything as passengers have no choice but to use their service</p><p></p>

Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average