North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat Late running records

Late running records

Late running records

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (17) Previous 1 2 317 Next
Dan

Site Administrator

29 May 2014, 5:07 pm #21
(29 May 2014, 5:02 pm)aureolin Sunderland bound.

If it takes between 10 and 20 minutes every weekday without fail, I'd expect the running times to be adjusted? The Traffic Commissioner's office states that timetables should be both realistic and achievable.

I have no idea then.

As for your last comment, I do agree. Having said that, you'd have to add two extra buses in for the Silver Arrows (where do we find 2x Mercs?), an extra bus for the 39 (again, where do we find another Versa?), and add another bus or two in for the Lime too.

Same applies for SNE's 5/5A and 16 too. It would be a massive cost, when you could argue the road infrastructure could be altered to allow things to flow more easily?
Dan
29 May 2014, 5:07 pm #21

(29 May 2014, 5:02 pm)aureolin Sunderland bound.

If it takes between 10 and 20 minutes every weekday without fail, I'd expect the running times to be adjusted? The Traffic Commissioner's office states that timetables should be both realistic and achievable.

I have no idea then.

As for your last comment, I do agree. Having said that, you'd have to add two extra buses in for the Silver Arrows (where do we find 2x Mercs?), an extra bus for the 39 (again, where do we find another Versa?), and add another bus or two in for the Lime too.

Same applies for SNE's 5/5A and 16 too. It would be a massive cost, when you could argue the road infrastructure could be altered to allow things to flow more easily?

Adrian

29 May 2014, 5:10 pm #22
(29 May 2014, 5:07 pm)Dan I have no idea then.

As for your last comment, I do agree. Having said that, you'd have to add two extra buses in for the Silver Arrows (where do we find 2x Mercs?) and add another bus or two in for the Lime too. Massive cost.

I don't dispute the cost, but it's to ensure the passengers are provided with a reliable service at the end of the day. Not to ensure a company maintains it's profit targets. Councils could do more to support in terms of infrastructure though.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
29 May 2014, 5:10 pm #22

(29 May 2014, 5:07 pm)Dan I have no idea then.

As for your last comment, I do agree. Having said that, you'd have to add two extra buses in for the Silver Arrows (where do we find 2x Mercs?) and add another bus or two in for the Lime too. Massive cost.

I don't dispute the cost, but it's to ensure the passengers are provided with a reliable service at the end of the day. Not to ensure a company maintains it's profit targets. Councils could do more to support in terms of infrastructure though.

Dan

Site Administrator

29 May 2014, 5:13 pm #23
(29 May 2014, 5:10 pm)aureolin I don't dispute the cost, but it's to ensure the passengers are provided with a reliable service at the end of the day. Not to ensure a company maintains it's profit targets. Councils could do more to support in terms of infrastructure though.

The attached document appears to be related. Have no idea what it is as I've only briefly looked over it.

.pdf
A183ChesterRoadJunctionLPPFApplication.pdf
Size 197.17 KB / Downloads 47
Dan
29 May 2014, 5:13 pm #23

(29 May 2014, 5:10 pm)aureolin I don't dispute the cost, but it's to ensure the passengers are provided with a reliable service at the end of the day. Not to ensure a company maintains it's profit targets. Councils could do more to support in terms of infrastructure though.

The attached document appears to be related. Have no idea what it is as I've only briefly looked over it.

.pdf
A183ChesterRoadJunctionLPPFApplication.pdf
Size 197.17 KB / Downloads 47

Dan

Site Administrator

29 May 2014, 5:17 pm #24
On a related note, a Facebook status I've just spotted on my news feed regarding Stagecoach in Sunderland's service 3...

The number 3 is actually on time, ya fucker keep wishing that I'll Mary gerard way and that might actually happen anarl

I could only just understand the status and had to Google who 'Gerard Way' was, but did find it funny.
Dan
29 May 2014, 5:17 pm #24

On a related note, a Facebook status I've just spotted on my news feed regarding Stagecoach in Sunderland's service 3...

The number 3 is actually on time, ya fucker keep wishing that I'll Mary gerard way and that might actually happen anarl

I could only just understand the status and had to Google who 'Gerard Way' was, but did find it funny.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

06 Jun 2014, 7:45 pm #25
Many moons ago when I was doing a Drama Course in Stanley I was living in Framwellgate Moor, but one night was going back to my folks in Murton, got on the bus at Durham about 4:10pm, bus got to Hetton School and was turned round as parts of Hetton was flooded because of heavy rain, I finally got to Murton 2.5 hours late, making the return the next day to College, got on the bus in Murton at 8am, supposed to get to Durham just before 9am and onto Stanley for just before 10 am, I rolled into Durham at 11:30 and Stanley for 12:30, only to find to college had cancelled that day, I was the only idiot who managed to make it through...It had been belting down all night and the bus to Durham was stuck in traffic all the way from the Blacksmiths Arms in Pittington
MrFozz
06 Jun 2014, 7:45 pm #25

Many moons ago when I was doing a Drama Course in Stanley I was living in Framwellgate Moor, but one night was going back to my folks in Murton, got on the bus at Durham about 4:10pm, bus got to Hetton School and was turned round as parts of Hetton was flooded because of heavy rain, I finally got to Murton 2.5 hours late, making the return the next day to College, got on the bus in Murton at 8am, supposed to get to Durham just before 9am and onto Stanley for just before 10 am, I rolled into Durham at 11:30 and Stanley for 12:30, only to find to college had cancelled that day, I was the only idiot who managed to make it through...It had been belting down all night and the bus to Durham was stuck in traffic all the way from the Blacksmiths Arms in Pittington

DanPicken

Banned

07 Jun 2014, 5:23 pm #26
(07 Jun 2014, 4:12 pm)AIG20 Does anyone have any story's relating to public transport on Thunder Thursday (28th June 2012) - the day when the whole of Newcastle was flooded and when lightning struck the Tyne Bridge; as apparently nearly all traffic was at a standstill for several hours that afternoon.

metro got cancelled and there was a landslide at felling i found the link to alex thorkilsdens video(all credit to him) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbDaST0ZGL4
DanPicken
07 Jun 2014, 5:23 pm #26

(07 Jun 2014, 4:12 pm)AIG20 Does anyone have any story's relating to public transport on Thunder Thursday (28th June 2012) - the day when the whole of Newcastle was flooded and when lightning struck the Tyne Bridge; as apparently nearly all traffic was at a standstill for several hours that afternoon.

metro got cancelled and there was a landslide at felling i found the link to alex thorkilsdens video(all credit to him) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbDaST0ZGL4

L469 YVK

08 Jun 2014, 10:42 am #27
Someone I know was at Haymarket and no buses of the Coast Road pulled in until 7pm that night. It took him 4 hours on the 309 to get from Newcastle to New York. I wonder whether or not that run made it into Blyth.
L469 YVK
08 Jun 2014, 10:42 am #27

Someone I know was at Haymarket and no buses of the Coast Road pulled in until 7pm that night. It took him 4 hours on the 309 to get from Newcastle to New York. I wonder whether or not that run made it into Blyth.

Adrian

08 Jun 2014, 11:58 am #28
I've got some photos from Chester Le Street on that night. Horners was practically a pub in the middle of a lake. You couldn't see the middle traffic island between the two 21 stands. GNE kept running, and I recall wading through water to jump on a President. The best bit was running through the A167, and the bus took in water on the stretch between Plawsworth and Pity Me. Everyone on the lower deck sitting with their feet in the air avoiding the river running through the bus Tongue

Adrian
08 Jun 2014, 11:58 am #28

I've got some photos from Chester Le Street on that night. Horners was practically a pub in the middle of a lake. You couldn't see the middle traffic island between the two 21 stands. GNE kept running, and I recall wading through water to jump on a President. The best bit was running through the A167, and the bus took in water on the stretch between Plawsworth and Pity Me. Everyone on the lower deck sitting with their feet in the air avoiding the river running through the bus Tongue

Adrian

08 Jun 2014, 12:01 pm #29
[Image: 165947_10151080469022195_1623755803_n.jpg]

Adrian
08 Jun 2014, 12:01 pm #29

[Image: 165947_10151080469022195_1623755803_n.jpg]

Kuyoyo

08 Jun 2014, 6:32 pm #30
Wednesday 7th August 2013 - 2 fatal accidents on the major traffic arteries of the A19 and A66 brought Teesside to a standstill (and followed from one the previous day on the A19). The latest a bus got that day was 2 hours late (an Arriva 17 or 17a or 17b, can't exactly remember). At one point, a duplicate 36 had been out to help out and it had to finish in Stockton about half 2/3pm as the driver would have been out of hours before he'd even reached the next timing point (he'd only have just made it back to the depot, and when that light journey from the High Street gets 5 minutes shows how bad it was).
Kuyoyo
08 Jun 2014, 6:32 pm #30

Wednesday 7th August 2013 - 2 fatal accidents on the major traffic arteries of the A19 and A66 brought Teesside to a standstill (and followed from one the previous day on the A19). The latest a bus got that day was 2 hours late (an Arriva 17 or 17a or 17b, can't exactly remember). At one point, a duplicate 36 had been out to help out and it had to finish in Stockton about half 2/3pm as the driver would have been out of hours before he'd even reached the next timing point (he'd only have just made it back to the depot, and when that light journey from the High Street gets 5 minutes shows how bad it was).

Andreos1

02 Sep 2014, 6:30 pm #31
Not late, but an early running record.

During the holidays, I needed an early 4. Got halfway to the stop and saw it in the distance - which led to me stepping up the pace a bit.

I knew I had left the house early, so checked my phone against the ticket and clock on board.
8mins early!
It should have been at the timing point previous, never mind 10mins up the road.

I was wondering if it was an earlier bus running late - the two passengers plus me (including a noticeable lack of regulars) indicated otherwise.
My connection in Houghton wasn't due for a while, which gave me ample opportunity to check for a 4 following behind.
Nowt appeared in the 10mins I needed to hang about.

Still, the driver managed to get a crafty smoke or several in the lay by behind the Co-op Wink
Edited 02 Sep 2014, 6:31 pm by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
02 Sep 2014, 6:30 pm #31

Not late, but an early running record.

During the holidays, I needed an early 4. Got halfway to the stop and saw it in the distance - which led to me stepping up the pace a bit.

I knew I had left the house early, so checked my phone against the ticket and clock on board.
8mins early!
It should have been at the timing point previous, never mind 10mins up the road.

I was wondering if it was an earlier bus running late - the two passengers plus me (including a noticeable lack of regulars) indicated otherwise.
My connection in Houghton wasn't due for a while, which gave me ample opportunity to check for a 4 following behind.

Still, the driver managed to get a crafty smoke or several in the lay by behind the Co-op Wink

citaro5284

02 Sep 2014, 6:58 pm #32
(02 Sep 2014, 6:30 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Not late, but an early running record.

8mins early!

Hope you put a complaint in
citaro5284
02 Sep 2014, 6:58 pm #32

(02 Sep 2014, 6:30 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Not late, but an early running record.

8mins early!

Hope you put a complaint in

Andreos1

02 Sep 2014, 7:13 pm #33
(02 Sep 2014, 6:58 pm)citaro5284 Hope you put a complaint in

Completely forgot about it until yesterday. Was scooting off for a train and the plan was to do it later that night.

Still have the ticket, so will get it sorted.
Customer Services tend to fob off complaints/comments in my experience, so will not hold my breath with this one.

Ironically, the same timed bus the next day couldn't have been in as less of a rush if he tried.
It was a few mins late and did nowt to make the time up.
Edited 02 Sep 2014, 7:15 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
02 Sep 2014, 7:13 pm #33

(02 Sep 2014, 6:58 pm)citaro5284 Hope you put a complaint in

Completely forgot about it until yesterday. Was scooting off for a train and the plan was to do it later that night.

Customer Services tend to fob off complaints/comments in my experience, so will not hold my breath with this one.

Ironically, the same timed bus the next day couldn't have been in as less of a rush if he tried.

Dan

Site Administrator

02 Sep 2014, 7:14 pm #34
(02 Sep 2014, 7:13 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Completely forgot about it until yesterday. Was scooting off for a train and the plan was to do it later that night.

You'll have to inform us what the outcome is - and hopefully you'll have more luck than I did. Tongue
Dan
02 Sep 2014, 7:14 pm #34

(02 Sep 2014, 7:13 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Completely forgot about it until yesterday. Was scooting off for a train and the plan was to do it later that night.

You'll have to inform us what the outcome is - and hopefully you'll have more luck than I did. Tongue

Andreos1

02 Sep 2014, 7:16 pm #35
(02 Sep 2014, 7:14 pm)Dan You'll have to inform us what the outcome is - and hopefully you'll have more luck than I did. Tongue

No joy with previous?
Still haven't had so much as an acknowledgement relating to the 37 complaint.

Andreos1
02 Sep 2014, 7:16 pm #35

(02 Sep 2014, 7:14 pm)Dan You'll have to inform us what the outcome is - and hopefully you'll have more luck than I did. Tongue

No joy with previous?

Dan

Site Administrator

02 Sep 2014, 7:32 pm #36
(02 Sep 2014, 7:16 pm)Andreos Constantopolous No joy with previous?

My last one was with the X3, and everything's been pretty cush for me since then.

GNE sends out automated e-mails as soon as they receive your complaint now.
Thank you for your email to Go North East which we have now received and logged into our system.

We aim to respond to enquiries by email as soon as possible between 7am and 7pm Monday to Friday and 9am and 5pm on a Saturday and Sunday. However at peak times you may not receive a personal response until the next working day.

If you are reporting something that needs investigation, such as a specific complaint about a service or ticket, it will take a couple of days for this investigation to take place although we will respond to you within five working days.

Did you know?
That the answer to most questions about Go North East can be found on our website www.simplygo.com.
There are other ways to get in touch also:
[live chat logo, fb, twitter]

Thanks again for your email, we'll be in touch soon.
Did you receive that e-mail? If so, they won't have received it.

When they do reply, you get a reference number and all sorts, these days...
Dan
02 Sep 2014, 7:32 pm #36

(02 Sep 2014, 7:16 pm)Andreos Constantopolous No joy with previous?

My last one was with the X3, and everything's been pretty cush for me since then.

Thank you for your email to Go North East which we have now received and logged into our system.

We aim to respond to enquiries by email as soon as possible between 7am and 7pm Monday to Friday and 9am and 5pm on a Saturday and Sunday. However at peak times you may not receive a personal response until the next working day.

If you are reporting something that needs investigation, such as a specific complaint about a service or ticket, it will take a couple of days for this investigation to take place although we will respond to you within five working days.

Did you know?
That the answer to most questions about Go North East can be found on our website www.simplygo.com.
There are other ways to get in touch also:
[live chat logo, fb, twitter]

Thanks again for your email, we'll be in touch soon.

Michael

02 Sep 2014, 7:35 pm #37
(02 Sep 2014, 7:32 pm)Dan My last one was with the X3, and everything's been pretty cush for me since then.

Ahhh u mentioned the X3!!!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
02 Sep 2014, 7:35 pm #37

(02 Sep 2014, 7:32 pm)Dan My last one was with the X3, and everything's been pretty cush for me since then.

Ahhh u mentioned the X3!!!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

02 Sep 2014, 7:39 pm #38

Haven't received any email from GNE yet - cos I haven't emailed them Wink.
Nexus got the complaint re the 37/GCT.

Must admit to never bothering with GNE since being called a liar and them making up routes during the telephone conversation.

Previous discussions/emails were just as pointless.

That must have been 4/5 years ago - so will give it another go and let you all know the response!

Andreos1
02 Sep 2014, 7:39 pm #38

Haven't received any email from GNE yet - cos I haven't emailed them Wink.
Nexus got the complaint re the 37/GCT.

Must admit to never bothering with GNE since being called a liar and them making up routes during the telephone conversation.

Previous discussions/emails were just as pointless.

That must have been 4/5 years ago - so will give it another go and let you all know the response!

Dan

Site Administrator

02 Sep 2014, 7:41 pm #39
(02 Sep 2014, 7:35 pm)Michael Ahhh u mentioned the X3!!!

Missing it!
Dan
02 Sep 2014, 7:41 pm #39

(02 Sep 2014, 7:35 pm)Michael Ahhh u mentioned the X3!!!

Missing it!

Michael

02 Sep 2014, 7:42 pm #40
(02 Sep 2014, 7:41 pm)Dan Missing it!

I'm not, Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
02 Sep 2014, 7:42 pm #40

(02 Sep 2014, 7:41 pm)Dan Missing it!

I'm not, Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (17) Previous 1 2 317 Next