Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat Introduce Yourself!

Introduce Yourself!

Introduce Yourself!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (5) 1 2 35 Next
Dan

Site Administrator

07 Jun 2014, 6:53 am #1
A thread for members - new and old - to introduce themselves.
Your name, your interests... It's up to you!
Dan
07 Jun 2014, 6:53 am #1

A thread for members - new and old - to introduce themselves.
Your name, your interests... It's up to you!

07 Jun 2014, 7:36 pm #2
Okay - my name is Marcus, I live in Chester-Le-Street, my main hobby is buses and from time to time other forms of public transport like railways or ships. That's all I can think of Tongue
R852 PRG
07 Jun 2014, 7:36 pm #2

Okay - my name is Marcus, I live in Chester-Le-Street, my main hobby is buses and from time to time other forms of public transport like railways or ships. That's all I can think of Tongue

DanPicken

Banned

07 Jun 2014, 7:54 pm #3
My name is Daniel. I live in Jarrow and I like buses trains and the metro.Smile
DanPicken
07 Jun 2014, 7:54 pm #3

My name is Daniel. I live in Jarrow and I like buses trains and the metro.Smile

Malarkey

07 Jun 2014, 8:19 pm #4
My Name is Adam, My Mates including my Mother called me Sharkey or Adzy Adzy Adz Malark, No idea why.

My Hobbies and Interests are Photographing Buses along with Collecting and some cases Painting them into Go North East Liveries, I also like Playing on my Xbox 360, on Games such as Call of Duty, Fifa, Battlefield, Forza and WWE to name a few.

I'm a Massive fan of Wrestling, grew up watching WWF/E in late 90's/Early 00's and still watch it Every Week to this Day, along with watching TNA, and in recent weeks Ring of Honour.

I recently Retired and Hung up My Boots from playing slightly below Semi Professional Football (Kickabout in the Park) due to having Surgery to my Right Eye a little over a Month Ago, Doctors said I would never play again, so had no choice but to make that Decision, Will I miss a Kickabout in the Park, Ya Damn Right I will - Diving Headers and Over Head Kicks were my Speciality along with being a Deadly Viper from Set Pieces.

And Finally, Finallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy NEBCD Malarkey became the Founding Member of the (LMD) Lambton Mad Dogs, who with out shaddow of a doubt would single handedly lay the "Smackdown" on each and everyone of the (FPF) Fence Houses Popular Fronts "Rudey Poo Candy Asses".
Malarkey
07 Jun 2014, 8:19 pm #4

My Name is Adam, My Mates including my Mother called me Sharkey or Adzy Adzy Adz Malark, No idea why.

My Hobbies and Interests are Photographing Buses along with Collecting and some cases Painting them into Go North East Liveries, I also like Playing on my Xbox 360, on Games such as Call of Duty, Fifa, Battlefield, Forza and WWE to name a few.

I'm a Massive fan of Wrestling, grew up watching WWF/E in late 90's/Early 00's and still watch it Every Week to this Day, along with watching TNA, and in recent weeks Ring of Honour.

I recently Retired and Hung up My Boots from playing slightly below Semi Professional Football (Kickabout in the Park) due to having Surgery to my Right Eye a little over a Month Ago, Doctors said I would never play again, so had no choice but to make that Decision, Will I miss a Kickabout in the Park, Ya Damn Right I will - Diving Headers and Over Head Kicks were my Speciality along with being a Deadly Viper from Set Pieces.

And Finally, Finallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy NEBCD Malarkey became the Founding Member of the (LMD) Lambton Mad Dogs, who with out shaddow of a doubt would single handedly lay the "Smackdown" on each and everyone of the (FPF) Fence Houses Popular Fronts "Rudey Poo Candy Asses".

MurdnunoC

07 Jun 2014, 8:25 pm #5
My name is Adam.

Hello. How do you do?

It's so nice to meet you!
MurdnunoC
07 Jun 2014, 8:25 pm #5

My name is Adam.

Hello. How do you do?

It's so nice to meet you!

08 Jun 2014, 10:35 am #6
Hi my name is Al and I'm an alcoholic hiccup. What do ya mean wrong group hiccup.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
08 Jun 2014, 10:35 am #6

Hi my name is Al and I'm an alcoholic hiccup. What do ya mean wrong group hiccup.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/

Andreos1

08 Jun 2014, 10:49 am #7
Isn't there a number of other threads along the same line elsewhere in the forum?

Anyway, I am Andreos Constantopolous. An active (but faceless) thirty something, member of the forum since early last year.

Interested in all sorts of transport, whether it is planes, trains or automobiles.
Worked in a number of different areas of transport over the years too.

Big fan of nationalisation and an extremely vociferous member of the FPF.
Guaranteed to have different viewpoints to that of eezypeazy - regardless of topic or who posts first.

Power to the people!

(07 Jun 2014, 8:19 pm)NEBCD Malarkey And Finally, Finallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy NEBCD Malarkey became the Founding Member of the (LMD) Lambton Mad Dogs, who with out shaddow of a doubt would single handedly lay the "Smackdown" on each and everyone of the (FPF) Fence Houses Popular Fronts "Rudey Poo Candy Asses".

Pfft... Whey aye Wink
Edited 08 Jun 2014, 10:51 am by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
08 Jun 2014, 10:49 am #7

Isn't there a number of other threads along the same line elsewhere in the forum?

Anyway, I am Andreos Constantopolous. An active (but faceless) thirty something, member of the forum since early last year.

Interested in all sorts of transport, whether it is planes, trains or automobiles.
Worked in a number of different areas of transport over the years too.

Big fan of nationalisation and an extremely vociferous member of the FPF.
Guaranteed to have different viewpoints to that of eezypeazy - regardless of topic or who posts first.

Power to the people!

(07 Jun 2014, 8:19 pm)NEBCD Malarkey And Finally, Finallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy NEBCD Malarkey became the Founding Member of the (LMD) Lambton Mad Dogs, who with out shaddow of a doubt would single handedly lay the "Smackdown" on each and everyone of the (FPF) Fence Houses Popular Fronts "Rudey Poo Candy Asses".

Pfft... Whey aye Wink

Dan

Site Administrator

08 Jun 2014, 11:01 am #8
(08 Jun 2014, 10:49 am)Andreos Constantopolous Isn't there a number of other threads along the same line elsewhere in the forum?

A number of self-created threads have emerged in the News & Site Updates thread, but I have created this thread so we can have them all in one. Users are PM'd with a link to this thread to verify they are genuine on their first post now.

Not sure if there was another one before this though? If there was, it wasn't being used. Tongue
Dan
08 Jun 2014, 11:01 am #8

(08 Jun 2014, 10:49 am)Andreos Constantopolous Isn't there a number of other threads along the same line elsewhere in the forum?

A number of self-created threads have emerged in the News & Site Updates thread, but I have created this thread so we can have them all in one. Users are PM'd with a link to this thread to verify they are genuine on their first post now.

Not sure if there was another one before this though? If there was, it wasn't being used. Tongue

Andreos1

08 Jun 2014, 11:14 am #9
(08 Jun 2014, 11:01 am)Dan A number of self-created threads have emerged in the News & Site Updates thread, but I have created this thread so we can have them all in one. Users are PM'd with a link to this thread to verify they are genuine on their first post now.

Yeah, noticed the ones you mentioned in News and Site Updates.
There is http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...hp?tid=636 and at least one more hidden somewhere that I posted in (can't find it currently).

Andreos1
08 Jun 2014, 11:14 am #9

(08 Jun 2014, 11:01 am)Dan A number of self-created threads have emerged in the News & Site Updates thread, but I have created this thread so we can have them all in one. Users are PM'd with a link to this thread to verify they are genuine on their first post now.

Yeah, noticed the ones you mentioned in News and Site Updates.
There is http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...hp?tid=636 and at least one more hidden somewhere that I posted in (can't find it currently).

morritt89

09 Jun 2014, 9:38 am #10
Hello all,

I'm Steven and live in Sunderland. Married with one child and one cat. Interested in Buses and Railways (not the Metro - HATE it!).

I'm in favour of the Nexus quality contract system and dislike (with a passion) GNE's branding. Favourite vehicle types include the MCW Metrobus (the best bus ever made) and Daf Db250 (with Voith gearbox). I'm also a fan of the Daf/Plaxton Prestiege, Dennis Dart SPD and those East Lancs bodied Volvo B7tl's GNE has (although they should get rid of the centre doors).

I have been a member of the forum for a while but been a bit busy due to university and other stuff although due to graduate this summer. I used to play hockey for Sunderland but had to give it up due to a back injury. Got a job interview with GNE next week =]
morritt89
09 Jun 2014, 9:38 am #10

Hello all,

I'm Steven and live in Sunderland. Married with one child and one cat. Interested in Buses and Railways (not the Metro - HATE it!).

I'm in favour of the Nexus quality contract system and dislike (with a passion) GNE's branding. Favourite vehicle types include the MCW Metrobus (the best bus ever made) and Daf Db250 (with Voith gearbox). I'm also a fan of the Daf/Plaxton Prestiege, Dennis Dart SPD and those East Lancs bodied Volvo B7tl's GNE has (although they should get rid of the centre doors).

I have been a member of the forum for a while but been a bit busy due to university and other stuff although due to graduate this summer. I used to play hockey for Sunderland but had to give it up due to a back injury. Got a job interview with GNE next week =]

09 Jun 2014, 3:25 pm #11
(09 Jun 2014, 9:38 am)morritt89 Hello all,

Good luck! I intend to do Uni then start work for GNE. Maybe I could do miscellaneous work for a couple of days a week before I start as a manager when I finish Uni?
R852 PRG
09 Jun 2014, 3:25 pm #11

(09 Jun 2014, 9:38 am)morritt89 Hello all,

Good luck! I intend to do Uni then start work for GNE. Maybe I could do miscellaneous work for a couple of days a week before I start as a manager when I finish Uni?

Scania1996

Unregistered

11 Jun 2014, 6:01 pm #12
Hello my name is Chros, I am based in the Merseyside area. I have made three visits to the North East in the past three weeks so I thought why not join thsi forum. what I like about the transport scene around the NE is mainly because of the variety and buses such as Prestige DAF SB220s which are sadly no longer around in Merseyside.
Scania1996
11 Jun 2014, 6:01 pm #12

Hello my name is Chros, I am based in the Merseyside area. I have made three visits to the North East in the past three weeks so I thought why not join thsi forum. what I like about the transport scene around the NE is mainly because of the variety and buses such as Prestige DAF SB220s which are sadly no longer around in Merseyside.

Adrian

11 Jun 2014, 6:25 pm #13
(11 Jun 2014, 6:01 pm)Scania1996 Hello my name is Chros, I am based in the Merseyside area. I have made three visits to the North East in the past three weeks so I thought why not join thsi forum. what I like about the transport scene around the NE is mainly because of the variety and buses such as Prestige DAF SB220s which are sadly no longer around in Merseyside.

Welcome to the forum. You'll get on well with gtom with your liking of the DAFs. Tongue

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
11 Jun 2014, 6:25 pm #13

(11 Jun 2014, 6:01 pm)Scania1996 Hello my name is Chros, I am based in the Merseyside area. I have made three visits to the North East in the past three weeks so I thought why not join thsi forum. what I like about the transport scene around the NE is mainly because of the variety and buses such as Prestige DAF SB220s which are sadly no longer around in Merseyside.

Welcome to the forum. You'll get on well with gtom with your liking of the DAFs. Tongue

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

11 Jun 2014, 6:40 pm #14
(11 Jun 2014, 6:25 pm)aureolin Welcome to the forum. You'll get on well with gtom with your liking of the DAFs. Tongue

And me! Wink

I LOVED the DAFs - at least you'd never fall asleep on one. The noise of the accelerator though - unreal. I used to enjoy a regular run on the X2, 34 or 28 with them. Was devastated when they were withdrawn - at least the Scanias make similar noises. I saw some of Chester's drivers dancing around their bench in Chester when they were all gone.
R852 PRG
11 Jun 2014, 6:40 pm #14

(11 Jun 2014, 6:25 pm)aureolin Welcome to the forum. You'll get on well with gtom with your liking of the DAFs. Tongue

And me! Wink

I LOVED the DAFs - at least you'd never fall asleep on one. The noise of the accelerator though - unreal. I used to enjoy a regular run on the X2, 34 or 28 with them. Was devastated when they were withdrawn - at least the Scanias make similar noises. I saw some of Chester's drivers dancing around their bench in Chester when they were all gone.

Tom

11 Jun 2014, 7:19 pm #15
(11 Jun 2014, 7:18 pm)AIG20 I loved the Stagecoach Northern Counties/Plaxton Prestige Bodied Volvo B10BLE's (21101-21105). The sound they made was immense!! At least one of them, 21104, has now retired into Preservation.

Really? Where? - I loved them too, rode a few while at Walkergate.
Tom
11 Jun 2014, 7:19 pm #15

(11 Jun 2014, 7:18 pm)AIG20 I loved the Stagecoach Northern Counties/Plaxton Prestige Bodied Volvo B10BLE's (21101-21105). The sound they made was immense!! At least one of them, 21104, has now retired into Preservation.

Really? Where? - I loved them too, rode a few while at Walkergate.

11 Jun 2014, 7:39 pm #16
(11 Jun 2014, 7:23 pm)AIG20 I rode 21102/3/5 when they were based at South Shields for the "E" services.

I can't find any photos on Flickr of 21104 that show it in preservation.
Edited 11 Jun 2014, 7:40 pm by R852 PRG.
R852 PRG
11 Jun 2014, 7:39 pm #16

(11 Jun 2014, 7:23 pm)AIG20 I rode 21102/3/5 when they were based at South Shields for the "E" services.

I can't find any photos on Flickr of 21104 that show it in preservation.

gtom

Banned

11 Jun 2014, 11:24 pm #17
(11 Jun 2014, 6:40 pm)Marcus And me! Wink

What sort of fresh hell is this?!

I am both outraged and appalled by part of this statement!

I led a conga line throughout Chester when the sheds left

Nurse!!
Edited 11 Jun 2014, 11:25 pm by gtom.
gtom
11 Jun 2014, 11:24 pm #17

What sort of fresh hell is this?!

I am both outraged and appalled by part of this statement!

I led a conga line throughout Chester when the sheds left

Nurse!!

11 Jun 2014, 11:37 pm #18

I always fell asleep on the DAF Prestiges.

Rapidsnap
11 Jun 2014, 11:37 pm #18

I always fell asleep on the DAF Prestiges.

Dan

Site Administrator

12 Jun 2014, 3:52 am #19
(11 Jun 2014, 11:37 pm)GMitchelhill I always fell asleep on the DAF Prestiges.
Must have been the smoke making its way into the bus...
Dan
12 Jun 2014, 3:52 am #19

(11 Jun 2014, 11:37 pm)GMitchelhill I always fell asleep on the DAF Prestiges.
Must have been the smoke making its way into the bus...

tyresmoke

12 Jun 2014, 7:44 am #20
Have to say I can't wait for ours to go but I am willing to bet I will miss them after a while, in a sadistic sort of way...!
I managed to drive 21104 and 21105 and while they were B10BLEs they weren't a patch on the ALX300 bodied ones. Quirky though, so something different. Not exactly practical though which one wheelchair/buggy bay and no kneeling suspension!

Edit: Suppose I better say my piece too!
I'm Scott, 24, been driving for 4 years for both Stagecoach and now Arriva at their respective Stockton depots, although I have spent time working out of other depots too at times! Been interested in transport all of my life since being very little and dad taking us out on the train for the day while mum was at work...

As you can probably tell I live in Stockton so tend to see most of what goes on in the Teesside area and also try to get out and about as much as I can, both around the North East and beyond (I'm travelling to Luton as I write this...!). I am quite lucky to have grown up knowing people in the industry and many of these are still great friends now, and I've also made friendships through this forum so I would advise anyone to keep posting and have a great time!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
12 Jun 2014, 7:44 am #20

Have to say I can't wait for ours to go but I am willing to bet I will miss them after a while, in a sadistic sort of way...!
I managed to drive 21104 and 21105 and while they were B10BLEs they weren't a patch on the ALX300 bodied ones. Quirky though, so something different. Not exactly practical though which one wheelchair/buggy bay and no kneeling suspension!

Edit: Suppose I better say my piece too!
I'm Scott, 24, been driving for 4 years for both Stagecoach and now Arriva at their respective Stockton depots, although I have spent time working out of other depots too at times! Been interested in transport all of my life since being very little and dad taking us out on the train for the day while mum was at work...

As you can probably tell I live in Stockton so tend to see most of what goes on in the Teesside area and also try to get out and about as much as I can, both around the North East and beyond (I'm travelling to Luton as I write this...!). I am quite lucky to have grown up knowing people in the industry and many of these are still great friends now, and I've also made friendships through this forum so I would advise anyone to keep posting and have a great time!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Pages (5) 1 2 35 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average