Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat Introduce Yourself!

Introduce Yourself!

Introduce Yourself!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (5) Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
DanPicken

Banned

03 Jul 2014, 4:38 pm #41
(02 Jul 2014, 7:47 pm)Brandon Stone Hi all,

Some members may remember me, but in case not, I'm Brandon, from Sunderland but now in Wallsend. I used to be Admin for NEB until last year when I stepped down to take some personal time.

NEB has changed so much from I remember. There are operator fleet lists, a dedicated news section and a thriving canteen section. It's really great to see so many new and active members contributing too. Liam and Dan have really brought NEB forward in 2014.

I'm returning to assist Liam and Dan in the re-launch of The Bygone Era as its own stand-alone section on NEB. I'm working with Chris who is currently dedicating his time to split the large PDF files into individual timetables - I thank Chris so much for this. This will greatly improve accessibility to the material on offer. I'm assured that there is a lot more material that never made it to the server first time around, so I'm looking forward to seeing all this online at some point. It's going to be great.

Cheers guys!

Welcome back we have missed you.Big Grin
DanPicken
03 Jul 2014, 4:38 pm #41

(02 Jul 2014, 7:47 pm)Brandon Stone Hi all,

Some members may remember me, but in case not, I'm Brandon, from Sunderland but now in Wallsend. I used to be Admin for NEB until last year when I stepped down to take some personal time.

NEB has changed so much from I remember. There are operator fleet lists, a dedicated news section and a thriving canteen section. It's really great to see so many new and active members contributing too. Liam and Dan have really brought NEB forward in 2014.

I'm returning to assist Liam and Dan in the re-launch of The Bygone Era as its own stand-alone section on NEB. I'm working with Chris who is currently dedicating his time to split the large PDF files into individual timetables - I thank Chris so much for this. This will greatly improve accessibility to the material on offer. I'm assured that there is a lot more material that never made it to the server first time around, so I'm looking forward to seeing all this online at some point. It's going to be great.

Cheers guys!

Welcome back we have missed you.Big Grin

V514DFT

06 Jul 2014, 7:42 pm #42
Nice to meet u brandon
V514DFT
06 Jul 2014, 7:42 pm #42

Nice to meet u brandon

Alan Urquhart

Unregistered

09 Jul 2014, 7:52 am #43
Hello,

My name is Alan. I originate from Sunderland and spent many years living in South Shields and elsewhere (out of the area) before migrating to Scarborough, although I still spend more than a quarter of my time in South Shields with my family.

I have been interested in buses, coaches and trams since being a young teenager (in the 1960s), but my interest waned for a while in the face of competition from football and girls. I regained my interest about 30 years ago - ( to the astonishment of my wife) - and have been an avid photographer ever since.

My other hobby is travel and this nicely combines with photography and has resulted in my collection of bus, coach and tram photos from many parts of the world.

I am a member of the Omnibus Society.
Alan Urquhart
09 Jul 2014, 7:52 am #43

Hello,

My name is Alan. I originate from Sunderland and spent many years living in South Shields and elsewhere (out of the area) before migrating to Scarborough, although I still spend more than a quarter of my time in South Shields with my family.

I have been interested in buses, coaches and trams since being a young teenager (in the 1960s), but my interest waned for a while in the face of competition from football and girls. I regained my interest about 30 years ago - ( to the astonishment of my wife) - and have been an avid photographer ever since.

My other hobby is travel and this nicely combines with photography and has resulted in my collection of bus, coach and tram photos from many parts of the world.

tyresmoke

09 Jul 2014, 8:09 am #44
(09 Jul 2014, 7:52 am)Alan Urquhart Hello,

Welcome to the forum! It's always great to extend our coverage with members from the edges of our region, and beyond!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
09 Jul 2014, 8:09 am #44

(09 Jul 2014, 7:52 am)Alan Urquhart Hello,

Welcome to the forum! It's always great to extend our coverage with members from the edges of our region, and beyond!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Andy

10 Jul 2014, 7:07 pm #45
I'm Andy and I live in South Shields and my main hobby is buses and I also like to play on FIFA
Andy
10 Jul 2014, 7:07 pm #45

I'm Andy and I live in South Shields and my main hobby is buses and I also like to play on FIFA

Adrian

10 Jul 2014, 9:31 pm #46
Welcome to everyone that's joined lately, and welcome back to Brandon too. It's always good to have new faces around for a bit of friendly debate. Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
10 Jul 2014, 9:31 pm #46

Welcome to everyone that's joined lately, and welcome back to Brandon too. It's always good to have new faces around for a bit of friendly debate. Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

NorthWed

Unregistered

20 Jul 2014, 2:19 pm #47
Hi

I am trying to source information on my families business know locally as "The General".

Initially the first taxi company set up in Chester le Street, the General Omnibus ran both buses and coaches from the early 1900's maybe earlier!
The Atkinson family owned many vehicle related business due to the brothers all setting up various businesses.

Up until the mid 1990's Akinsons Coaches ran by third/fourth generation...

Why am I asking for images, and details. I too run my own set of businesses relating to the wedding market and I ve been informed that my great great grandad may have been one of the first to offer wedding cars in the north east (Taxi). I d really like to know more and search the general internet is not throwing much up at all.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you
NorthWed
20 Jul 2014, 2:19 pm #47

Hi

I am trying to source information on my families business know locally as "The General".

Initially the first taxi company set up in Chester le Street, the General Omnibus ran both buses and coaches from the early 1900's maybe earlier!
The Atkinson family owned many vehicle related business due to the brothers all setting up various businesses.

Why am I asking for images, and details. I too run my own set of businesses relating to the wedding market and I ve been informed that my great great grandad may have been one of the first to offer wedding cars in the north east (Taxi). I d really like to know more and search the general internet is not throwing much up at all.

Thank you

20 Jul 2014, 2:41 pm #48
(20 Jul 2014, 2:19 pm)NorthWed Hi

Thank you

Hi,

I would recommend checking out 'The Bygone Era'. You'll find a lot of old timetables and information in there.

My grandma, who was brought up in Birtley, has a friend who's father who was a driver for Atkinson's donkeys years ago. She, like a lot of old folk residing in Chester, just called CLS Depot - 'The Northern Garage'.

I'll surf Flickr for you, because in the past I've seen a lot of photos of Northern General Transport's early days.

EDIT: Don't know if this is of relevance to Atkinson's;
https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/teesbuspho...D_w_IS_all

Also, if you're thinking of this 'General', there's these;

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/busfreakbr...D_w_IS_all

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/emdjt42/35...D_w_IS_all

As for Northern General, I saw an image of the depot from the 30s, but it since seems to have disappeared, here is one of many photos of Chester Depot from the late 20th century;

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/27204054@N...D_w_IS_all
Edited 20 Jul 2014, 2:56 pm by R852 PRG.
R852 PRG
20 Jul 2014, 2:41 pm #48

(20 Jul 2014, 2:19 pm)NorthWed Hi

Thank you

Hi,

I would recommend checking out 'The Bygone Era'. You'll find a lot of old timetables and information in there.

My grandma, who was brought up in Birtley, has a friend who's father who was a driver for Atkinson's donkeys years ago. She, like a lot of old folk residing in Chester, just called CLS Depot - 'The Northern Garage'.

I'll surf Flickr for you, because in the past I've seen a lot of photos of Northern General Transport's early days.

EDIT: Don't know if this is of relevance to Atkinson's;
https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/teesbuspho...D_w_IS_all

Also, if you're thinking of this 'General', there's these;

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/busfreakbr...D_w_IS_all

As for Northern General, I saw an image of the depot from the 30s, but it since seems to have disappeared, here is one of many photos of Chester Depot from the late 20th century;

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/27204054@N...D_w_IS_all

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

20 Jul 2014, 3:40 pm #49
I never formally introduced myself

I'm Fozz, some of you already know me, most don't.

Been a fan of buses for longer than I can physically remember, not sure how I came to like buses, nearly being killed by either a Leyland National or Atlantean(obviously I have no memory of it) when I was about 2 or 3 in Easington Lane should have put me off buses for life.

The National is my favourite bus of all time and the Citaro is favourite modern bus, followed by the Scanias
MrFozz
20 Jul 2014, 3:40 pm #49

I never formally introduced myself

I'm Fozz, some of you already know me, most don't.

Been a fan of buses for longer than I can physically remember, not sure how I came to like buses, nearly being killed by either a Leyland National or Atlantean(obviously I have no memory of it) when I was about 2 or 3 in Easington Lane should have put me off buses for life.

The National is my favourite bus of all time and the Citaro is favourite modern bus, followed by the Scanias

21 Jul 2014, 3:08 pm #50
Hi everyone my name is Neil Watson. I have always had a keen interest in buses especially Stagecoach,Arriva and Go North East. I'm from Newcastle although in the past i've gone tto places such as Hexham, Berwick and Scarborough.
neilwatson
21 Jul 2014, 3:08 pm #50

Hi everyone my name is Neil Watson. I have always had a keen interest in buses especially Stagecoach,Arriva and Go North East. I'm from Newcastle although in the past i've gone tto places such as Hexham, Berwick and Scarborough.

22 Jul 2014, 10:08 pm #51
HI MY NAME IS JOHN I LIKE BUSES
john631
22 Jul 2014, 10:08 pm #51

HI MY NAME IS JOHN I LIKE BUSES

22 Jul 2014, 10:09 pm #52
(22 Jul 2014, 10:08 pm)john631 HI MY NAME IS JOHN I LIKE BUSES

By any chance, does that have something to do with why you signed up to a bus forum? Tongue
R852 PRG
22 Jul 2014, 10:09 pm #52

(22 Jul 2014, 10:08 pm)john631 HI MY NAME IS JOHN I LIKE BUSES

By any chance, does that have something to do with why you signed up to a bus forum? Tongue

col87

22 Jul 2014, 10:23 pm #53
Right well I am Colin I am from Hartlepool and I have always had an interst in buses Favourite bus of mine are the old Hartlepool Transport Bristol REs
col87
22 Jul 2014, 10:23 pm #53

Right well I am Colin I am from Hartlepool and I have always had an interst in buses Favourite bus of mine are the old Hartlepool Transport Bristol REs

Chris

23 Jul 2014, 12:33 pm #54
Ok here goes.

I'm Chris, I joined a while back and been more of a lurker than a poster (although I did dabble in the Quality Contracts thread) but figured I should get off my lazy ass and contribute more.

So, Hi!
Chris
23 Jul 2014, 12:33 pm #54

Ok here goes.

I'm Chris, I joined a while back and been more of a lurker than a poster (although I did dabble in the Quality Contracts thread) but figured I should get off my lazy ass and contribute more.

So, Hi!

27 Jul 2014, 8:12 pm #55
Hey everyone

Just wanted to introduce myself... My name is Adam and I'm 14 years old... I've had a big interest in buses ever since I was young... My local Arriva depots are Whitby, Redcar, and Stockton. I sometimes take pictures of buses and post them on my Flickr... My Flickr username is arriva4007 so be sure to check it out one day! You may think I am crazy saying this.. But I absolutely love Plaxton Prestiges.. Everybody thinks that they are rubbish but I used to love it when Prestiges and Ikarus' were on services X56/56 and 65/65A... In my home town depot, Loftus. My favourite Prestige still going is probably 4007. As you might be able to tell by my username haha Tongue
Thanks for reading Smile
arriva4007
Edited 27 Jul 2014, 8:18 pm by arriva4037.
arriva4037
27 Jul 2014, 8:12 pm #55

Hey everyone

Just wanted to introduce myself... My name is Adam and I'm 14 years old... I've had a big interest in buses ever since I was young... My local Arriva depots are Whitby, Redcar, and Stockton. I sometimes take pictures of buses and post them on my Flickr... My Flickr username is arriva4007 so be sure to check it out one day! You may think I am crazy saying this.. But I absolutely love Plaxton Prestiges.. Everybody thinks that they are rubbish but I used to love it when Prestiges and Ikarus' were on services X56/56 and 65/65A... In my home town depot, Loftus. My favourite Prestige still going is probably 4007. As you might be able to tell by my username haha Tongue
Thanks for reading Smile
arriva4007

27 Jul 2014, 8:25 pm #56
(27 Jul 2014, 8:12 pm)arriva4007 Hey everyone

Thanks for reading Smile
arriva4007

Welcome to the Forum! Smile
R852 PRG
27 Jul 2014, 8:25 pm #56

(27 Jul 2014, 8:12 pm)arriva4007 Hey everyone

Thanks for reading Smile
arriva4007

Welcome to the Forum! Smile

Tom

27 Jul 2014, 9:20 pm #57
(27 Jul 2014, 8:25 pm)Marcus Welcome to the Forum! Smile

You can join Marcus with the love of Prestiges. God knows what he likes about them mind :p
Tom
27 Jul 2014, 9:20 pm #57

(27 Jul 2014, 8:25 pm)Marcus Welcome to the Forum! Smile

You can join Marcus with the love of Prestiges. God knows what he likes about them mind :p

Jimmi

27 Jul 2014, 9:48 pm #58
(27 Jul 2014, 9:20 pm)Tom You can join Marcus with the love of Prestiges. God knows what he likes about them mind :p

All these posts about Prestiges are probably sending shivers down Gtom's spine.
Jimmi
27 Jul 2014, 9:48 pm #58

(27 Jul 2014, 9:20 pm)Tom You can join Marcus with the love of Prestiges. God knows what he likes about them mind :p

All these posts about Prestiges are probably sending shivers down Gtom's spine.

27 Jul 2014, 10:02 pm #59

It's a sick passion - I have to go to DAF Annonymous sessions to get over it.....I'm the only one there like! Tongue
R852 PRG
27 Jul 2014, 10:02 pm #59

It's a sick passion - I have to go to DAF Annonymous sessions to get over it.....I'm the only one there like! Tongue

27 Jul 2014, 10:03 pm #60
(27 Jul 2014, 9:48 pm)Jimmi All these posts about Prestiges are probably sending shivers down Gtom's spine.

I'm probably on his ignore list by now Tongue
R852 PRG
27 Jul 2014, 10:03 pm #60

(27 Jul 2014, 9:48 pm)Jimmi All these posts about Prestiges are probably sending shivers down Gtom's spine.

I'm probably on his ignore list by now Tongue

Pages (5) Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average