Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Commonwealth Games 2014 - Vehicle List

Commonwealth Games 2014 - Vehicle List

Commonwealth Games 2014 - Vehicle List

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2) 1 2 Next
Kuyoyo

20 Jul 2014, 5:58 pm #1
A handy little helping hand for anybody heading to Glasgow during the duration of the Games - here is a list of vehicles presently there (it's not complete yet - no Stagecoach or National Express vehicles, nor any of the East Yorkshire or Go North East vehicles send up as these aren't know yet) - I will update and add to it as more details become available

.doc
Commonwealth Games Fleet.doc
Size 37 KB / Downloads 317
Kuyoyo
20 Jul 2014, 5:58 pm #1

A handy little helping hand for anybody heading to Glasgow during the duration of the Games - here is a list of vehicles presently there (it's not complete yet - no Stagecoach or National Express vehicles, nor any of the East Yorkshire or Go North East vehicles send up as these aren't know yet) - I will update and add to it as more details become available

.doc
Size 37 KB / Downloads 317

Dan

Site Administrator

21 Jul 2014, 7:31 am #2
Given that I've seen mentions of GNE employees e-mailing the vehicles attending Glasgow to enthusiasts on Facebook, it seems appropriate to mention that no branded vehicles will be going to Glasgow.

I presume that Go North East will update their Enthusiast Area documents today to show the vehicles attending Glasgow, given that some of the movements will occur tonight ready for tomorrow whilst others will be done tomorrow morning instead.

All four red Volvo B9TLs will go, as well as the red Volvo B7TL/Wright Geminis. Making up the remaining 20 is Volvo B7TL/Plaxton Presidents from various depots, which would have otherwise been used on scholars during term time.

It will be interesting to see how the normal allocations cope without the Geminis.
Dan
21 Jul 2014, 7:31 am #2

Given that I've seen mentions of GNE employees e-mailing the vehicles attending Glasgow to enthusiasts on Facebook, it seems appropriate to mention that no branded vehicles will be going to Glasgow.

I presume that Go North East will update their Enthusiast Area documents today to show the vehicles attending Glasgow, given that some of the movements will occur tonight ready for tomorrow whilst others will be done tomorrow morning instead.

All four red Volvo B9TLs will go, as well as the red Volvo B7TL/Wright Geminis. Making up the remaining 20 is Volvo B7TL/Plaxton Presidents from various depots, which would have otherwise been used on scholars during term time.

It will be interesting to see how the normal allocations cope without the Geminis.

Tom

21 Jul 2014, 8:03 am #3
(21 Jul 2014, 7:31 am)Dan Given that I've seen mentions of GNE employees e-mailing the vehicles attending Glasgow to enthusiasts on Facebook, it seems appropriate to mention that no branded vehicles will be going to Glasgow.

There will be plenty Lolynes free at Percy Main as the schools are off, so they may be cascaded.
Tom
21 Jul 2014, 8:03 am #3

(21 Jul 2014, 7:31 am)Dan Given that I've seen mentions of GNE employees e-mailing the vehicles attending Glasgow to enthusiasts on Facebook, it seems appropriate to mention that no branded vehicles will be going to Glasgow.

There will be plenty Lolynes free at Percy Main as the schools are off, so they may be cascaded.

S813 FVK

21 Jul 2014, 8:41 am #4
(21 Jul 2014, 8:03 am)Tom There will be plenty Lolynes free at Percy Main as the schools are off, so they may be cascaded.

Plenty of Olympians at Stanley aswell? Tongue
S813 FVK
21 Jul 2014, 8:41 am #4

(21 Jul 2014, 8:03 am)Tom There will be plenty Lolynes free at Percy Main as the schools are off, so they may be cascaded.

Plenty of Olympians at Stanley aswell? Tongue

Dan

Site Administrator

21 Jul 2014, 8:48 am #5
(21 Jul 2014, 8:41 am)Robert Plenty of Olympians at Stanley aswell? Tongue

High floor vehicles are a no-go.

Depots should not be allocating them at all, whether it's the school holidays or not.

I'd imagine they will be retained at Riverside and Stanley as a last resort, but after the vehicles return from Glasgow, I can't see anything preventing them from being withdrawn - provided that their replacements will be ready for September.
Dan
21 Jul 2014, 8:48 am #5

(21 Jul 2014, 8:41 am)Robert Plenty of Olympians at Stanley aswell? Tongue

High floor vehicles are a no-go.

Depots should not be allocating them at all, whether it's the school holidays or not.

I'd imagine they will be retained at Riverside and Stanley as a last resort, but after the vehicles return from Glasgow, I can't see anything preventing them from being withdrawn - provided that their replacements will be ready for September.

Michael

21 Jul 2014, 8:51 am #6
(21 Jul 2014, 8:48 am)Dan High floor vehicles are a no-go.

Hopefully!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
21 Jul 2014, 8:51 am #6

(21 Jul 2014, 8:48 am)Dan High floor vehicles are a no-go.

Hopefully!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

21 Jul 2014, 8:57 am #7
(21 Jul 2014, 8:51 am)Michael Hopefully!

The majority will be withdrawn anyway (regardless of the outcome of this year's investment) as a result of the loss of scholar contracts in Tyne & Wear from September 2014 - all that is required is for the current B7TLs which are allocated to be transferred to Stanley.

I think Riverside will retain their three until last due to the fact they very rarely allocate their Olympians to normal service work, and they're only ever on driver shuttles and/or the Jewish Scholars contract.

Paired with the investment, I am inclined to suggest there will be more replacement B7TLs in the fleet than Olympians remaining, and it's unlikely they'll remain as additional spares - so scope for other double deckers in the fleet (Lolynes, perhaps) to be withdrawn too...
Dan
21 Jul 2014, 8:57 am #7

The majority will be withdrawn anyway (regardless of the outcome of this year's investment) as a result of the loss of scholar contracts in Tyne & Wear from September 2014 - all that is required is for the current B7TLs which are allocated to be transferred to Stanley.

I think Riverside will retain their three until last due to the fact they very rarely allocate their Olympians to normal service work, and they're only ever on driver shuttles and/or the Jewish Scholars contract.

Paired with the investment, I am inclined to suggest there will be more replacement B7TLs in the fleet than Olympians remaining, and it's unlikely they'll remain as additional spares - so scope for other double deckers in the fleet (Lolynes, perhaps) to be withdrawn too...

Michael

21 Jul 2014, 9:02 am #8
(21 Jul 2014, 8:57 am)Dan The majority will be withdrawn anyway (regardless of the outcome of this year's investment) as a result of the loss of scholar contracts in Tyne & Wear from September 2014 - all that is required is for the current B7TLs which are allocated to be transferred to Stanley.

Wonder who will pick up the B7TL's?
Edited 21 Jul 2014, 9:02 am by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
21 Jul 2014, 9:02 am #8

(21 Jul 2014, 8:57 am)Dan The majority will be withdrawn anyway (regardless of the outcome of this year's investment) as a result of the loss of scholar contracts in Tyne & Wear from September 2014 - all that is required is for the current B7TLs which are allocated to be transferred to Stanley.

Wonder who will pick up the B7TL's?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

21 Jul 2014, 9:08 am #9
(21 Jul 2014, 9:02 am)Michael Wonder who will pick up the B7TL's?

Without wishing to go even more off-topic than we already have, Volvo B7TL/Plaxton Presidents will directly replace Volvo Olympians; as such, we can expect a number, perhaps in the coming weeks, to move around the region.

I'd expect that a number of Volvo B7TLs will be freed up imminently, given that they are no longer required on scholar services. This will assist in the withdrawal of Olympians. Assuming that Stanley's Olympians are withdrawn first - as I have suggested - then I'd expect any that remain without replacement will be withdrawn come September, by which time new arrivals should have entered the fleet as per this year's investment.
Dan
21 Jul 2014, 9:08 am #9

(21 Jul 2014, 9:02 am)Michael Wonder who will pick up the B7TL's?

Without wishing to go even more off-topic than we already have, Volvo B7TL/Plaxton Presidents will directly replace Volvo Olympians; as such, we can expect a number, perhaps in the coming weeks, to move around the region.

I'd expect that a number of Volvo B7TLs will be freed up imminently, given that they are no longer required on scholar services. This will assist in the withdrawal of Olympians. Assuming that Stanley's Olympians are withdrawn first - as I have suggested - then I'd expect any that remain without replacement will be withdrawn come September, by which time new arrivals should have entered the fleet as per this year's investment.

Michael

21 Jul 2014, 9:10 am #10
(21 Jul 2014, 9:08 am)Dan Without wishing to go even more off-topic than we already have, Volvo B7TL/Plaxton Presidents will directly replace Volvo Olympians; as such, we can expect a number, perhaps in the coming weeks, to move around the region.

Ye we have gone off-topic Tongue.

Fleet changes is likely this weekend due to the changes which are due on the 27th July.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
21 Jul 2014, 9:10 am #10

(21 Jul 2014, 9:08 am)Dan Without wishing to go even more off-topic than we already have, Volvo B7TL/Plaxton Presidents will directly replace Volvo Olympians; as such, we can expect a number, perhaps in the coming weeks, to move around the region.

Ye we have gone off-topic Tongue.

Fleet changes is likely this weekend due to the changes which are due on the 27th July.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Malarkey

21 Jul 2014, 4:17 pm #11
19679 has Arrived in Glasgow
https://www.flickr.com/photos/david_love...otostream/
Photo By Flickr User David Love
Malarkey
21 Jul 2014, 4:17 pm #11

19679 has Arrived in Glasgow
https://www.flickr.com/photos/david_love...otostream/
Photo By Flickr User David Love

22 Jul 2014, 7:56 am #12

Some right Olympian haters on here!
Roland Pratt
22 Jul 2014, 7:56 am #12

Some right Olympian haters on here!

Michael

22 Jul 2014, 8:04 am #13
(22 Jul 2014, 7:56 am)Roland Pratt Some right Olympian haters on here!

Some people like/hate certain buses lol

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
22 Jul 2014, 8:04 am #13

Some people like/hate certain buses lol

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

22 Jul 2014, 9:18 am #14
As an enthusiast, I love them.
As a passenger - no thanks - give me a bus with Wi-Fi and plug sockets!
Dan
22 Jul 2014, 9:18 am #14

As an enthusiast, I love them.

Andy

22 Jul 2014, 9:45 am #15
I also like Olympians and would like to see them all before withdrawal
Andy
22 Jul 2014, 9:45 am #15

I also like Olympians and would like to see them all before withdrawal

22 Jul 2014, 10:42 am #16
(22 Jul 2014, 9:18 am)Dan As an enthusiast, I love them.

I personally have always preferred the Palatine 1s over the Palatine 2 body - but the Olympians, to me anyway, are great workhorses.
R852 PRG
22 Jul 2014, 10:42 am #16

(22 Jul 2014, 9:18 am)Dan As an enthusiast, I love them.

I personally have always preferred the Palatine 1s over the Palatine 2 body - but the Olympians, to me anyway, are great workhorses.

tyresmoke

22 Jul 2014, 10:49 am #17
Apparently 4 Tridents from Stagecoach Cumbria have gone to Glasgow

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
22 Jul 2014, 10:49 am #17

Apparently 4 Tridents from Stagecoach Cumbria have gone to Glasgow

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Dan

Site Administrator

22 Jul 2014, 11:06 am #18
(22 Jul 2014, 10:49 am)tyresmoke Apparently 4 Tridents from Stagecoach Cumbria have gone to Glasgow

They were originally down to send a few from details I received about a month ago so I wouldn't be surprised, with the North East sending more (though originally I think this was down to be mostly Tridents rather than E400s - clearly this changed).

As an update for Go North East...

From Chester-le-Street:
  • Volvo B7TL 6016
  • Volvo B7TL 6019
  • Volvo B7TL 6036

From Deptford:
  • Volvo B7TL 6008 (replacing Volvo B7TL 6010 from Stanley)
  • Volvo B7TL 6020
  • Volvo B7TL 6028
  • Volvo B9TL 6099
  • Volvo B7TL 6100

From Stanley:
  • Volvo B7TL 6009
  • Volvo B7TL 6012

From Percy Main:
  • Volvo B9TL 6116
  • Volvo B9TL 6117

From Riverside:
  • Volvo B7TL 3941
  • Volvo B7TL 3964*
  • Volvo B7TL 6015
  • Volvo B7TL 6031 (replacing Volvo B7TL 6014)
  • Volvo B7TL 6042 (replacing Volvo B7TL 6023)

From Washington:
  • Volvo B7TL 6027
  • Volvo B7TL 6029 (replacing Volvo B7TL 6011 which didn't feel too good upon arrival at Riverside this morning)
  • Volvo B7TL 6032

*I am told that Volvo B7TL 3964 was originally meant to head up North later this week, but has gone in place of 3963 (which presumably encountered problems this morning so couldn't go up today). I'd therefore assume that 3963 will go up later this week, taking the place of 3964.

After arriving at Riverside at 08:45am, the convoy of vehicles from other depots were all given last minute checks by Riverside engineering. After this, drivers made their way to the MetroCentre Coach Park between 09:00am and 09:30am for a photoshoot. Volvo B7TL 6020 unfortunately did not participate while it received further attention from engineering. The drivers all looked very happy indeed, and they got involved in some group photographs alongside other members of Go North East staff who were present.
Dan
22 Jul 2014, 11:06 am #18

(22 Jul 2014, 10:49 am)tyresmoke Apparently 4 Tridents from Stagecoach Cumbria have gone to Glasgow

They were originally down to send a few from details I received about a month ago so I wouldn't be surprised, with the North East sending more (though originally I think this was down to be mostly Tridents rather than E400s - clearly this changed).

As an update for Go North East...

From Chester-le-Street:
  • Volvo B7TL 6016
  • Volvo B7TL 6019
  • Volvo B7TL 6036

From Deptford:
  • Volvo B7TL 6008 (replacing Volvo B7TL 6010 from Stanley)
  • Volvo B7TL 6020
  • Volvo B7TL 6028
  • Volvo B9TL 6099
  • Volvo B7TL 6100

From Stanley:
  • Volvo B7TL 6009
  • Volvo B7TL 6012

From Percy Main:
  • Volvo B9TL 6116
  • Volvo B9TL 6117

From Riverside:
  • Volvo B7TL 3941
  • Volvo B7TL 3964*
  • Volvo B7TL 6015
  • Volvo B7TL 6031 (replacing Volvo B7TL 6014)
  • Volvo B7TL 6042 (replacing Volvo B7TL 6023)

From Washington:
  • Volvo B7TL 6027
  • Volvo B7TL 6029 (replacing Volvo B7TL 6011 which didn't feel too good upon arrival at Riverside this morning)
  • Volvo B7TL 6032

*I am told that Volvo B7TL 3964 was originally meant to head up North later this week, but has gone in place of 3963 (which presumably encountered problems this morning so couldn't go up today). I'd therefore assume that 3963 will go up later this week, taking the place of 3964.

After arriving at Riverside at 08:45am, the convoy of vehicles from other depots were all given last minute checks by Riverside engineering. After this, drivers made their way to the MetroCentre Coach Park between 09:00am and 09:30am for a photoshoot. Volvo B7TL 6020 unfortunately did not participate while it received further attention from engineering. The drivers all looked very happy indeed, and they got involved in some group photographs alongside other members of Go North East staff who were present.

Kuyoyo

22 Jul 2014, 11:22 am #19
Updated list - still not complete (and to be totally honest, I don't think it ever will be)

.doc
Size 44.5 KB / Downloads 214
Kuyoyo
22 Jul 2014, 11:22 am #19

Updated list - still not complete (and to be totally honest, I don't think it ever will be)

.doc
Size 44.5 KB / Downloads 214

22 Jul 2014, 11:49 am #20
I disliked the Volvo Olympians with the N-C Palatine 1 body. Always prefered the curves of the Palatine 2.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
22 Jul 2014, 11:49 am #20

I disliked the Volvo Olympians with the N-C Palatine 1 body. Always prefered the curves of the Palatine 2.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

Pages (2) 1 2 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average