Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat Trespassing

Trespassing

Trespassing

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (19) Previous 116 17 18 19 Next
Malarkey

06 Sep 2014, 12:51 pm #321
Think Nexus have a Problem at Park Lane as up until 5 Minutes ago there was me and 6 other Enthusiasts from Scotland, Now there is 5 of us.
Malarkey
06 Sep 2014, 12:51 pm #321

Think Nexus have a Problem at Park Lane as up until 5 Minutes ago there was me and 6 other Enthusiasts from Scotland, Now there is 5 of us.

Adrian

06 Sep 2014, 2:42 pm #322
(06 Sep 2014, 12:51 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Think Nexus have a Problem at Park Lane as up until 5 Minutes ago there was me and 6 other Enthusiasts from Scotland, Now there is 5 of us.

Did they dispose of one of them like?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
06 Sep 2014, 2:42 pm #322

(06 Sep 2014, 12:51 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Think Nexus have a Problem at Park Lane as up until 5 Minutes ago there was me and 6 other Enthusiasts from Scotland, Now there is 5 of us.

Did they dispose of one of them like?

Malarkey

06 Sep 2014, 5:44 pm #323
(06 Sep 2014, 2:42 pm)aureolin Did they dispose of one of them like?
Howay Aureolin, for there to be 5 of us, Nexus would of had to dispose of 2 of them, There was more than just 6 of them but they all split up and went to different spots, I would say there was 15-20 of them altogether, shame there was no Nexus Staff in sight to bare witness to all of us taking photos.
Malarkey
06 Sep 2014, 5:44 pm #323

(06 Sep 2014, 2:42 pm)aureolin Did they dispose of one of them like?
Howay Aureolin, for there to be 5 of us, Nexus would of had to dispose of 2 of them, There was more than just 6 of them but they all split up and went to different spots, I would say there was 15-20 of them altogether, shame there was no Nexus Staff in sight to bare witness to all of us taking photos.

Diamond One

Banned

11 Sep 2014, 10:33 pm #324
Kids have no sense
Attached Files
.jpg
image.jpg
Size 151.73 KB / Downloads 57
Diamond One
11 Sep 2014, 10:33 pm #324

Kids have no sense

Attached Files
.jpg
image.jpg
Size 151.73 KB / Downloads 57

Dan

Site Administrator

21 Oct 2014, 5:48 pm #325

Maybe one day we'll be lucky enough to be in the newspapers (squint to try and read the article itself).......
Dan
21 Oct 2014, 5:48 pm #325

Maybe one day we'll be lucky enough to be in the newspapers (squint to try and read the article itself).......

Adrian

21 Oct 2014, 6:22 pm #326
(21 Oct 2014, 5:48 pm)Dan Maybe one day we'll be lucky enough to be in the newspapers (squint to try and read the article itself).......

I think the article itself is a prime reason why Nexus shouldn't get their knickers in a twist over enthusiasts with cameras. Enthusiasts act as more pairs of eyes and ears, and are more likely to notice something than the odd Nexus supervisor, texting away on their phone out of boredom.

Adrian
21 Oct 2014, 6:22 pm #326

(21 Oct 2014, 5:48 pm)Dan Maybe one day we'll be lucky enough to be in the newspapers (squint to try and read the article itself).......

I think the article itself is a prime reason why Nexus shouldn't get their knickers in a twist over enthusiasts with cameras. Enthusiasts act as more pairs of eyes and ears, and are more likely to notice something than the odd Nexus supervisor, texting away on their phone out of boredom.

Dan

Site Administrator

21 Oct 2014, 6:32 pm #327
(21 Oct 2014, 6:22 pm)aureolin I think the article itself is a prime reason why Nexus shouldn't get their knickers in a twist over enthusiasts with cameras. Enthusiasts act as more pairs of eyes and ears, and are more likely to notice something than the odd Nexus supervisor, texting away on their phone out of boredom.

On a related note, I had to wait at the ticket barriers in Gateshead Interchange for no less than 60 seconds the other day - thanks to a 'checky' being on his own, and not paying any attention to customers waiting to get through the barriers, texting away...

He let us all through when a middle-aged bloke started huffing and blowing, before grunting, "The Metro is due in two minutes. Let us through."
Dan
21 Oct 2014, 6:32 pm #327

(21 Oct 2014, 6:22 pm)aureolin I think the article itself is a prime reason why Nexus shouldn't get their knickers in a twist over enthusiasts with cameras. Enthusiasts act as more pairs of eyes and ears, and are more likely to notice something than the odd Nexus supervisor, texting away on their phone out of boredom.

On a related note, I had to wait at the ticket barriers in Gateshead Interchange for no less than 60 seconds the other day - thanks to a 'checky' being on his own, and not paying any attention to customers waiting to get through the barriers, texting away...

He let us all through when a middle-aged bloke started huffing and blowing, before grunting, "The Metro is due in two minutes. Let us through."

Jimmi

29 Oct 2014, 8:38 pm #328
I was walking through Park Lane this afternoon and someone was taking photos in the bus station, not of buses but the actual interchange itself, this annoyed me because nothing was said and also I was walking through that way at the time and I will have ended up in his photo which I didn't wish to be in and ended up covering my face to avoid being photographed. I know I can't really talk as I take bus photos with people on-board who may not want to be photographed. I am fine with appearing in bus photos but I don't know what that photo was for, it could end up being used anywhere, I don't want to see my picture pop up if say someone was attacked in Park Lane as people may assume I was involved.
Jimmi
29 Oct 2014, 8:38 pm #328

I was walking through Park Lane this afternoon and someone was taking photos in the bus station, not of buses but the actual interchange itself, this annoyed me because nothing was said and also I was walking through that way at the time and I will have ended up in his photo which I didn't wish to be in and ended up covering my face to avoid being photographed. I know I can't really talk as I take bus photos with people on-board who may not want to be photographed. I am fine with appearing in bus photos but I don't know what that photo was for, it could end up being used anywhere, I don't want to see my picture pop up if say someone was attacked in Park Lane as people may assume I was involved.

Adrian

29 Oct 2014, 9:03 pm #329
(29 Oct 2014, 8:38 pm)Jimmi I was walking through Park Lane this afternoon and someone was taking photos in the bus station, not of buses but the actual interchange itself, this annoyed me because nothing was said and also I was walking through that way at the time and I will have ended up in his photo which I didn't wish to be in and ended up covering my face to avoid being photographed. I know I can't really talk as I take bus photos with people on-board who may not want to be photographed. I am fine with appearing in bus photos but I don't know what that photo was for, it could end up being used anywhere, I don't want to see my picture pop up if say someone was attacked in Park Lane as people may assume I was involved.
But at the same time people on board buses don't know what your photo is for. It works both ways I'm afraid..

I'm glad nothing was said to someone taking photos in the Interchange, as it's absolute nonsense on Nexus part.

Adrian
29 Oct 2014, 9:03 pm #329

(29 Oct 2014, 8:38 pm)Jimmi I was walking through Park Lane this afternoon and someone was taking photos in the bus station, not of buses but the actual interchange itself, this annoyed me because nothing was said and also I was walking through that way at the time and I will have ended up in his photo which I didn't wish to be in and ended up covering my face to avoid being photographed. I know I can't really talk as I take bus photos with people on-board who may not want to be photographed. I am fine with appearing in bus photos but I don't know what that photo was for, it could end up being used anywhere, I don't want to see my picture pop up if say someone was attacked in Park Lane as people may assume I was involved.
But at the same time people on board buses don't know what your photo is for. It works both ways I'm afraid..

I'm glad nothing was said to someone taking photos in the Interchange, as it's absolute nonsense on Nexus part.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

29 Oct 2014, 10:01 pm #330
(29 Oct 2014, 9:03 pm)aureolin But at the same time people on board buses don't know what your photo is for. It works both ways I'm afraid..

I am of the opinion that if I take photos of buses and people show up in my pics, then who am I to moan about myself getting included in someone elses picture...if I see someone pointing cameras I will simply step out of the shot.

As for Nexus' no photo on there land rule, I dont understand it, as long as your not jumping in front of buses or being a general nuisance then I dont see a problem
MrFozz
29 Oct 2014, 10:01 pm #330

(29 Oct 2014, 9:03 pm)aureolin But at the same time people on board buses don't know what your photo is for. It works both ways I'm afraid..

I am of the opinion that if I take photos of buses and people show up in my pics, then who am I to moan about myself getting included in someone elses picture...if I see someone pointing cameras I will simply step out of the shot.

As for Nexus' no photo on there land rule, I dont understand it, as long as your not jumping in front of buses or being a general nuisance then I dont see a problem

Malarkey

29 Oct 2014, 10:13 pm #331

It wasn't me was it, although saying that most likely wasn't be as you said they were taking photos of Interchange itself, As for the Nexus Ruling I have opted to simply ignore it and take photos in the Bus Station as I please, if I am then confronted then i'll inform them of the Photography Law which they are clearly unaware of.
Malarkey
29 Oct 2014, 10:13 pm #331

It wasn't me was it, although saying that most likely wasn't be as you said they were taking photos of Interchange itself, As for the Nexus Ruling I have opted to simply ignore it and take photos in the Bus Station as I please, if I am then confronted then i'll inform them of the Photography Law which they are clearly unaware of.

Jimmi

29 Oct 2014, 10:20 pm #332
Not sure, this was between where the taxi rank and the metro station is.
Jimmi
29 Oct 2014, 10:20 pm #332

Not sure, this was between where the taxi rank and the metro station is.

Malarkey

29 Oct 2014, 10:23 pm #333
(29 Oct 2014, 10:20 pm)Jimmi Not sure, this was between where the taxi rank and the metro station is.

Probs was me then as I quite taking Photos on that Corner in PL, But definitely was not taking of the Interchange itself. 
Malarkey
29 Oct 2014, 10:23 pm #333

(29 Oct 2014, 10:20 pm)Jimmi Not sure, this was between where the taxi rank and the metro station is.

Probs was me then as I quite taking Photos on that Corner in PL, But definitely was not taking of the Interchange itself. 

Diamond One

Banned

29 Oct 2014, 10:39 pm #334
(29 Oct 2014, 10:13 pm)NEBCD Malarkey It wasn't me was it, although saying that most likely wasn't be as you said they were taking photos of Interchange itself, As for the Nexus Ruling I have opted to simply ignore it and take photos in the Bus Station as I please, if I am then confronted then i'll inform them of the Photography Law which they are clearly unaware of.

suppose Nexus have there own rules and regulations taking photos on property but be careful who is on from Nexus some can be a awkward on property especially David he always says "Excuse me you shouldn't be taking photos here" but wherever nexus say to photo i will photo eg where my mate Ryan works is a canny spot for photos Go North East and Stagecoach galore i've photoed at that point Arriva or other Go North East Services like 700, 42, 238, 38, 60, 61, X7 i photo near the church or where Nexus puts me without causing harm i understand that rules are there for a reason not having a go but when i plan to photo i usually do an orbit of the bus station to see who is on or i ask the GNE Advisor Peter who is on then that will give me a better idea of who is on
Diamond One
29 Oct 2014, 10:39 pm #334

(29 Oct 2014, 10:13 pm)NEBCD Malarkey It wasn't me was it, although saying that most likely wasn't be as you said they were taking photos of Interchange itself, As for the Nexus Ruling I have opted to simply ignore it and take photos in the Bus Station as I please, if I am then confronted then i'll inform them of the Photography Law which they are clearly unaware of.

suppose Nexus have there own rules and regulations taking photos on property but be careful who is on from Nexus some can be a awkward on property especially David he always says "Excuse me you shouldn't be taking photos here" but wherever nexus say to photo i will photo eg where my mate Ryan works is a canny spot for photos Go North East and Stagecoach galore i've photoed at that point Arriva or other Go North East Services like 700, 42, 238, 38, 60, 61, X7 i photo near the church or where Nexus puts me without causing harm i understand that rules are there for a reason not having a go but when i plan to photo i usually do an orbit of the bus station to see who is on or i ask the GNE Advisor Peter who is on then that will give me a better idea of who is on

Dan

Site Administrator

29 Oct 2014, 11:31 pm #335
Annoyed me greatly the other day upon realisation that I always get death stares from the wicked witch of the west, even though I rarely take photos in Park Lane or indeed any other bus stations in T&W, yet I saw a bloke hobbling along the middle of the road the other day and he proceeded to walk around the middle island thing to get to the 56 stand from the 42 stand... Not a word was said.

So the people endangering their lives are fine to walk around and potentially cause a nuisance, but those who are (in more cases than not) being sensible and just taking photos are treated like terrorists. Good one.
Dan
29 Oct 2014, 11:31 pm #335

Annoyed me greatly the other day upon realisation that I always get death stares from the wicked witch of the west, even though I rarely take photos in Park Lane or indeed any other bus stations in T&W, yet I saw a bloke hobbling along the middle of the road the other day and he proceeded to walk around the middle island thing to get to the 56 stand from the 42 stand... Not a word was said.

So the people endangering their lives are fine to walk around and potentially cause a nuisance, but those who are (in more cases than not) being sensible and just taking photos are treated like terrorists. Good one.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

29 Oct 2014, 11:33 pm #336
(29 Oct 2014, 11:31 pm)Dan Annoyed me greatly the other day upon realisation that I always get death stares from the wicked witch of the west, even though I rarely take photos in Park Lane or indeed any other bus stations in T&W, yet I saw a bloke hobbling along the middle of the road the other day and he proceeded to walk around the middle island thing to get to the 56 stand from the 42 stand... Not a word was said.

Must admit, I shortcut across the middle island in Park Lane virtually everytime I am there and never been pulled for it yet
MrFozz
29 Oct 2014, 11:33 pm #336

(29 Oct 2014, 11:31 pm)Dan Annoyed me greatly the other day upon realisation that I always get death stares from the wicked witch of the west, even though I rarely take photos in Park Lane or indeed any other bus stations in T&W, yet I saw a bloke hobbling along the middle of the road the other day and he proceeded to walk around the middle island thing to get to the 56 stand from the 42 stand... Not a word was said.

Must admit, I shortcut across the middle island in Park Lane virtually everytime I am there and never been pulled for it yet

Jimmi

29 Oct 2014, 11:38 pm #337

Often is the case, also it seems to be okay to light up a fag anywhere in the bus stations yet people standing somewhere safe taking photos is like a serious offence.
Jimmi
29 Oct 2014, 11:38 pm #337

Often is the case, also it seems to be okay to light up a fag anywhere in the bus stations yet people standing somewhere safe taking photos is like a serious offence.

Dan

Site Administrator

29 Oct 2014, 11:42 pm #338
(29 Oct 2014, 11:33 pm)marxistafozzski Must admit, I shortcut across the middle island in Park Lane virtually everytime I am there and never been pulled for it yet
See GNE drivers doing it all the time too and it annoys the hell out of me (sorry, fozz!)

Admit to having walked across from the Lime stand to the middle bit for a photo after dark on several occasions, but that's about it.
Dan
29 Oct 2014, 11:42 pm #338

(29 Oct 2014, 11:33 pm)marxistafozzski Must admit, I shortcut across the middle island in Park Lane virtually everytime I am there and never been pulled for it yet
See GNE drivers doing it all the time too and it annoys the hell out of me (sorry, fozz!)

Admit to having walked across from the Lime stand to the middle bit for a photo after dark on several occasions, but that's about it.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

29 Oct 2014, 11:48 pm #339
(29 Oct 2014, 11:42 pm)Dan See GNE drivers doing it all the time too and it annoys the hell out of me (sorry, fozz!)

Can see why it annoys you, considering there are signs up that says no pedestrians, I find it crackers that I can walk across the bus station unchallenged, yet the minute I pull a camera out, nexus treat you like they have just caught you shagging there dog lol...

One thing that really irritates the shit out of me, Dalton Park bus lane, it has been there nearly 12 years and loads of car drivers have still not learnt to give way to buses
MrFozz
29 Oct 2014, 11:48 pm #339

(29 Oct 2014, 11:42 pm)Dan See GNE drivers doing it all the time too and it annoys the hell out of me (sorry, fozz!)

Can see why it annoys you, considering there are signs up that says no pedestrians, I find it crackers that I can walk across the bus station unchallenged, yet the minute I pull a camera out, nexus treat you like they have just caught you shagging there dog lol...

One thing that really irritates the shit out of me, Dalton Park bus lane, it has been there nearly 12 years and loads of car drivers have still not learnt to give way to buses

Jimmi

29 Oct 2014, 11:54 pm #340
Often happens, some days the bus can be sat there for ages waiting to get out.
Jimmi
29 Oct 2014, 11:54 pm #340

Often happens, some days the bus can be sat there for ages waiting to get out.

Pages (19) Previous 116 17 18 19 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average