Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Other Operators County Durham Independents Simply Buses

Simply Buses

Simply Buses

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2) 1 2 Next
GuyParkRoyal

14 Jan 2015, 4:44 pm #1
Customer Consultation forms were available at Durham Bus Station today for proposed new services:
80/81 Durham, Elvet, Bowburn, Coxhoe, Kelloe, Quarrington Hill, Cassop, Shadforth, Sherburn, Dragonville, Claypath, Durham.
X20 Cockfield, Evenwood, West Auckland, Tindale Cresent, Bishop Auckland, Spennymoor, Durham, non stop to Metrocentre.
www.simplybuses.com
GuyParkRoyal
14 Jan 2015, 4:44 pm #1

Customer Consultation forms were available at Durham Bus Station today for proposed new services:
80/81 Durham, Elvet, Bowburn, Coxhoe, Kelloe, Quarrington Hill, Cassop, Shadforth, Sherburn, Dragonville, Claypath, Durham.
X20 Cockfield, Evenwood, West Auckland, Tindale Cresent, Bishop Auckland, Spennymoor, Durham, non stop to Metrocentre.
www.simplybuses.com

Malarkey

14 Jan 2015, 4:53 pm #2
(14 Jan 2015, 4:44 pm)GuyParkRoyal Customer Consultation forms were available at Durham Bus Station today for proposed new services:
www.simplybuses.com
Would this therefore replace the current X24 Durham to MetroCentre via Chester le Street, Personally think this would be a cracking Service that would open up quite a lot of Job Opportunities for those living between Bishop Auckland and Cockfield. 
Malarkey
14 Jan 2015, 4:53 pm #2

(14 Jan 2015, 4:44 pm)GuyParkRoyal Customer Consultation forms were available at Durham Bus Station today for proposed new services:
www.simplybuses.com
Would this therefore replace the current X24 Durham to MetroCentre via Chester le Street, Personally think this would be a cracking Service that would open up quite a lot of Job Opportunities for those living between Bishop Auckland and Cockfield. 

Andreos1

14 Jan 2015, 4:55 pm #3
Who are Simply Buses?

The website doesn't give much away and cant find out much elsewhere.
Edited 14 Jan 2015, 5:14 pm by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
14 Jan 2015, 4:55 pm #3

Who are Simply Buses?

Dan

Site Administrator

14 Jan 2015, 5:05 pm #4
palatine3833 may be able to shed further light!
Dan
14 Jan 2015, 5:05 pm #4

palatine3833 may be able to shed further light!

MurdnunoC

14 Jan 2015, 5:06 pm #5
I wonder if someone's been partially inspired by the publicity Spirit Buses has received and decided to do something similar?
MurdnunoC
14 Jan 2015, 5:06 pm #5

I wonder if someone's been partially inspired by the publicity Spirit Buses has received and decided to do something similar?

GuyParkRoyal

14 Jan 2015, 5:33 pm #6
(14 Jan 2015, 4:55 pm)Andreos1 Who are Simply Buses?

They seem to be taking an anonymous approach even the paper questionnaire has nothing on it to say who Simply Buses are. Not even a postcode the form just has a return address of Freepost Simply Buses.
I will try to match the typeset and paper quailty with some of the timetables that I have to see if that gives any clues.
GuyParkRoyal
14 Jan 2015, 5:33 pm #6

(14 Jan 2015, 4:55 pm)Andreos1 Who are Simply Buses?

They seem to be taking an anonymous approach even the paper questionnaire has nothing on it to say who Simply Buses are. Not even a postcode the form just has a return address of Freepost Simply Buses.
I will try to match the typeset and paper quailty with some of the timetables that I have to see if that gives any clues.

Dan

Site Administrator

14 Jan 2015, 5:35 pm #7
palatine3833 will have a very good idea who is behind it...!
Dan
14 Jan 2015, 5:35 pm #7

palatine3833 will have a very good idea who is behind it...!

Jimmi

14 Jan 2015, 5:48 pm #8
I just did the online survey for the X20 and it said they will contact me within 5 days. Not sure how as there is no where to put contact details on the survey.

I also put that I'd like the service to stop at Croxdale Rogerson Terrace.
Jimmi
14 Jan 2015, 5:48 pm #8

I just did the online survey for the X20 and it said they will contact me within 5 days. Not sure how as there is no where to put contact details on the survey.

I also put that I'd like the service to stop at Croxdale Rogerson Terrace.

Andreos1

14 Jan 2015, 6:06 pm #9
Just been on their fb and twitter pages.

According to fb, the address is in Bensham - either on the Racecourse Estate or in the hospital grounds.

There is also a phone number on the fb page.

Andreos1
14 Jan 2015, 6:06 pm #9

Just been on their fb and twitter pages.

According to fb, the address is in Bensham - either on the Racecourse Estate or in the hospital grounds.

There is also a phone number on the fb page.

Adrian

14 Jan 2015, 9:34 pm #10
(14 Jan 2015, 5:06 pm)MurdnunoC I wonder if someone's been partially inspired by the publicity Spirit Buses has received and decided to do something similar?

Hopefully! I've completed the survey, seeing as it's on my door step. Nothing through the door, but noticed the Parish Council are promoting it too. 

People round this area are sick of Arriva, and their complete disregard for passengers who use their local services. Their services are full to bursting at peak times, because of the deal Arriva have with Durham Uni, yet they're unwilling to sensibly look at the issues. 

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
14 Jan 2015, 9:34 pm #10

(14 Jan 2015, 5:06 pm)MurdnunoC I wonder if someone's been partially inspired by the publicity Spirit Buses has received and decided to do something similar?

Hopefully! I've completed the survey, seeing as it's on my door step. Nothing through the door, but noticed the Parish Council are promoting it too. 

People round this area are sick of Arriva, and their complete disregard for passengers who use their local services. Their services are full to bursting at peak times, because of the deal Arriva have with Durham Uni, yet they're unwilling to sensibly look at the issues. 

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Jimmi

14 Jan 2015, 9:47 pm #11
(14 Jan 2015, 9:34 pm)aureolin People round this area are sick of Arriva, and their complete disregard for passengers who use their local services. Their services are full to bursting at peak times, because of the deal Arriva have with Durham Uni, yet they're unwilling to sensibly look at the issues. 

The 64 is also full to bursting at times because of New College students and Frmawellgate school kids. Had to put up with buses going past full for two years and what have they done, allocate buses with less seats - ridiculous!

I'm interested to see how these services come out, I think the X20 suggestion could maybe be good especially if it runs hourly during the daytime and the Arriva X24 used to be busy at times when it used to run at Bishop Auckland but not sure how it would do as an hourly service. Also think 30 minutes between Durham and the MetroCentre is incredibly tight especially with the roadworks until March 2016.
Edited 14 Jan 2015, 9:48 pm by Jimmi.
Jimmi
14 Jan 2015, 9:47 pm #11

(14 Jan 2015, 9:34 pm)aureolin People round this area are sick of Arriva, and their complete disregard for passengers who use their local services. Their services are full to bursting at peak times, because of the deal Arriva have with Durham Uni, yet they're unwilling to sensibly look at the issues. 

The 64 is also full to bursting at times because of New College students and Frmawellgate school kids. Had to put up with buses going past full for two years and what have they done, allocate buses with less seats - ridiculous!

I'm interested to see how these services come out, I think the X20 suggestion could maybe be good especially if it runs hourly during the daytime and the Arriva X24 used to be busy at times when it used to run at Bishop Auckland but not sure how it would do as an hourly service. Also think 30 minutes between Durham and the MetroCentre is incredibly tight especially with the roadworks until March 2016.

cbma06

18 Jan 2015, 8:18 pm #12
To me simply buses looks like the website has been made up to quickly etc..., the wordings on their site is wrong, someone took abit of time to phrase the words wrongly, no history on the person, got a link up for bus times etc... which would not of been on the site yet, the proposed bus services are duplicating Arriva services, don't believe it until I see it in newspapers etc..

cbma06
18 Jan 2015, 8:18 pm #12

To me simply buses looks like the website has been made up to quickly etc..., the wordings on their site is wrong, someone took abit of time to phrase the words wrongly, no history on the person, got a link up for bus times etc... which would not of been on the site yet, the proposed bus services are duplicating Arriva services, don't believe it until I see it in newspapers etc..

Tom

18 Jan 2015, 8:27 pm #13
(18 Jan 2015, 8:18 pm)cbma06 To me simply buses looks like the website has been made up to quickly etc..., the wordings on their site is wrong, someone took abit of time to phrase the words wrongly, no history on the person, got a link up for bus times etc... which would not of been on the site yet, the proposed bus services are duplicating Arriva services, don't believe it until I see it in newspapers etc..

It is really happening. 
It has been setup by Gary Hunter.
Tom
18 Jan 2015, 8:27 pm #13

(18 Jan 2015, 8:18 pm)cbma06 To me simply buses looks like the website has been made up to quickly etc..., the wordings on their site is wrong, someone took abit of time to phrase the words wrongly, no history on the person, got a link up for bus times etc... which would not of been on the site yet, the proposed bus services are duplicating Arriva services, don't believe it until I see it in newspapers etc..

It is really happening. 
It has been setup by Gary Hunter.

Michael

18 Jan 2015, 8:33 pm #14
I'm confused on what you're on about?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
18 Jan 2015, 8:33 pm #14

I'm confused on what you're on about?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

gtom

Banned

20 Jan 2015, 7:13 pm #15
Simply Buses?

Questionable piggy backing on the simplygo branding imo

2 likes on the Facebook page and 2 on Twitter, it all looks a bit pie in the Sky. Not necessary rural need like Spirit but a case of 'Service Suggestions'
gtom
20 Jan 2015, 7:13 pm #15

Simply Buses?

Questionable piggy backing on the simplygo branding imo

2 likes on the Facebook page and 2 on Twitter, it all looks a bit pie in the Sky. Not necessary rural need like Spirit but a case of 'Service Suggestions'

MurdnunoC

28 Jan 2015, 12:56 pm #16
Has anyone heard anything more about this?

I agree mostly with what gtom has said. At a glance, it does look like a pie-in-the-sky service suggestion made to look more realistic through the creation of a website and questionnaire, however, I was quick to dismiss Spirit Buses as something similar.

Services 80/81 may attract ridership from people wishing to travel between various villages in the East Durham area. But I can't see the proposed X20 service doing any better than the established Durham to Metrocentre services at present. Granted, there may be some who'd like a direct service from Cockfield, Bishop Auckland or Spennymoor to the Metrocentre, but I see frequency as one of the main barriers to this particular service.
MurdnunoC
28 Jan 2015, 12:56 pm #16

Has anyone heard anything more about this?

I agree mostly with what gtom has said. At a glance, it does look like a pie-in-the-sky service suggestion made to look more realistic through the creation of a website and questionnaire, however, I was quick to dismiss Spirit Buses as something similar.

Services 80/81 may attract ridership from people wishing to travel between various villages in the East Durham area. But I can't see the proposed X20 service doing any better than the established Durham to Metrocentre services at present. Granted, there may be some who'd like a direct service from Cockfield, Bishop Auckland or Spennymoor to the Metrocentre, but I see frequency as one of the main barriers to this particular service.

cbma06

28 Jan 2015, 2:23 pm #17
service 80/81 doesn't it look like half of route service 58 scarlet band ( isn't  route 58 secured by DCC) and then half of Arriva route 24 back to Durham. At least Spirit Buses was in the press and the person who owns it had background in the bus industry. No press for the so called Simply buses. At least spirit buses are providing a bus service where it has been cut off totally.
Edited 28 Jan 2015, 2:24 pm by cbma06.

cbma06
28 Jan 2015, 2:23 pm #17

service 80/81 doesn't it look like half of route service 58 scarlet band ( isn't  route 58 secured by DCC) and then half of Arriva route 24 back to Durham. At least Spirit Buses was in the press and the person who owns it had background in the bus industry. No press for the so called Simply buses. At least spirit buses are providing a bus service where it has been cut off totally.

Andreos1

29 Jan 2015, 12:41 pm #18
Haven't heard anything else, but willing to give the person/people (concious not to mention names, although it isn't difficult to find out) behind it a chance.

There has obviously been some sort of cost involved in the printing/distribution of leaflets and some planning carried out into routes, timings etc.

Maybe the person/people behind the project is looking to develop their own experiences and knowledge?

Whether anything comes of it, who knows.
Hopefully it does.

Andreos1
29 Jan 2015, 12:41 pm #18

Haven't heard anything else, but willing to give the person/people (concious not to mention names, although it isn't difficult to find out) behind it a chance.

There has obviously been some sort of cost involved in the printing/distribution of leaflets and some planning carried out into routes, timings etc.

Maybe the person/people behind the project is looking to develop their own experiences and knowledge?

Whether anything comes of it, who knows.
Hopefully it does.

16 Feb 2015, 6:55 pm #19
Simply Buses currently have questionnaires on the website for a couple of services that they might start. I'd like to wish the best of luck to them.

X20: Cockfield - Metrocentre
80/81: Durham - Kelloe

www.simplybuses.com

They are expecting to start services in late-2015.
Edited 15 Mar 2015, 2:42 pm by omnicity4659.
omnicity4659
16 Feb 2015, 6:55 pm #19

Simply Buses currently have questionnaires on the website for a couple of services that they might start. I'd like to wish the best of luck to them.

X20: Cockfield - Metrocentre
80/81: Durham - Kelloe

www.simplybuses.com

They are expecting to start services in late-2015.

citaro5284

27 Dec 2015, 12:22 pm #20
Just having a bit of a think - whatever happened to simply buses - was there problems getting it started?

http://www.simplybuses.com/bustimes.html
citaro5284
27 Dec 2015, 12:22 pm #20

Just having a bit of a think - whatever happened to simply buses - was there problems getting it started?

http://www.simplybuses.com/bustimes.html

Pages (2) 1 2 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average