Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2012

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2012

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2012

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NK07 FZG

Unregistered

14 Sep 2012, 8:03 am #1
Yes thats right, it goes 50A/22/23. To be honest the 50A does get anything from Durham depot so its not rare to see anything on it to be fair!
NK07 FZG
14 Sep 2012, 8:03 am #1

Yes thats right, it goes 50A/22/23. To be honest the 50A does get anything from Durham depot so its not rare to see anything on it to be fair!

NK07 FZG

Unregistered

23 Sep 2012, 10:20 pm #2
Your welcome, I've been glued to the Arriva website for weeks to wait for those changes to appear. A very interesting set of changes they are and I also like how they are beginning to defend all the competition (6 to GNE's Pronto, Scarlet Band's X49) and trying to make sure no other competition arises such as the upgrading of the 43, 22/23/24's and the X1 and X2.

Since the merge of Arriva North East with Arriva Yorshire the managing director has cleaned the business up, such as introducing the Directors Cut and Coast and Castles Connection brands and simplfying bus service networks such as in Durham with a fast service to Crook and the new Brandon circulars.

In Durham they are basically improving all their services for growth and they should see higher passenger numbers because of them. Although areas such as Brasside have faced cuts with only the 42, an hourly service running Monday to Saturday only without evening journeys. It will also be interesting to see if any brands are introduced following these major service changes since it seems that marketing is now more of a priority.
NK07 FZG
23 Sep 2012, 10:20 pm #2

Your welcome, I've been glued to the Arriva website for weeks to wait for those changes to appear. A very interesting set of changes they are and I also like how they are beginning to defend all the competition (6 to GNE's Pronto, Scarlet Band's X49) and trying to make sure no other competition arises such as the upgrading of the 43, 22/23/24's and the X1 and X2.

Since the merge of Arriva North East with Arriva Yorshire the managing director has cleaned the business up, such as introducing the Directors Cut and Coast and Castles Connection brands and simplfying bus service networks such as in Durham with a fast service to Crook and the new Brandon circulars.

In Durham they are basically improving all their services for growth and they should see higher passenger numbers because of them. Although areas such as Brasside have faced cuts with only the 42, an hourly service running Monday to Saturday only without evening journeys. It will also be interesting to see if any brands are introduced following these major service changes since it seems that marketing is now more of a priority.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average