Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2013

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2013

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2013

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Pages (2) 1 2 Next
Michael

09 Jan 2013, 7:43 pm #1
Heres the order list for stagecoach =)

http://www.stagecoach.com/media/news-rel...01-09.aspx

Details..

Details of the new orders are as follows:

113 ADL Enviro 400 Dennis and Scania double-deckers
98 ADL Enviro 300 Dennis and Scania single-deckers
140 ADL Enviro 200 Dennis midibuses
1 Optare Versa midi-bus
32 Optare Solo mini-buses
10 Plaxton Panther Volvo B13R coaches
8 Plaxton Elite Volvo B13R coaches
10 Plaxton Elite Volvo B11R coaches
10 Van Hool Altano TDX 21 left-hand drive coaches
10 Van Hool Astromega double-decker sleeper coaches

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
09 Jan 2013, 7:43 pm #1

Heres the order list for stagecoach =)

http://www.stagecoach.com/media/news-rel...01-09.aspx

Details..

Details of the new orders are as follows:

113 ADL Enviro 400 Dennis and Scania double-deckers
98 ADL Enviro 300 Dennis and Scania single-deckers
140 ADL Enviro 200 Dennis midibuses
1 Optare Versa midi-bus
32 Optare Solo mini-buses
10 Plaxton Panther Volvo B13R coaches
8 Plaxton Elite Volvo B13R coaches
10 Plaxton Elite Volvo B11R coaches
10 Van Hool Altano TDX 21 left-hand drive coaches
10 Van Hool Astromega double-decker sleeper coaches

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

NEB Admin Team

Unregistered

09 Jan 2013, 9:34 pm #2
Is the conversion of South Shields service X34 to Enviro400 permanent? I had thought that these were drafted in from Slatyford to increase capacity for the busy Christmas shopping period, but I saw one of these still on the route today. Just a bit surprised that's all! Smile

I hope they do stay, it's rather nice to see these stray onto other services occasionally like the E1/E2/E6 Tongue
NEB Admin Team
09 Jan 2013, 9:34 pm #2

Is the conversion of South Shields service X34 to Enviro400 permanent? I had thought that these were drafted in from Slatyford to increase capacity for the busy Christmas shopping period, but I saw one of these still on the route today. Just a bit surprised that's all! Smile

I hope they do stay, it's rather nice to see these stray onto other services occasionally like the E1/E2/E6 Tongue

Michael

09 Jan 2013, 11:28 pm #3
(09 Jan 2013, 9:34 pm)Brandon Is the conversion of South Shields service X34 to Enviro400 permanent? I had thought that these were drafted in from Slatyford to increase capacity for the busy Christmas shopping period, but I saw one of these still on the route today. Just a bit surprised that's all! Smile

I dunno but with the stagecoach order list just being released, it might do, Sunderland were rumoured to get 25 new buses to replace the Older MAN's.. not sure how many Sunderland have, the newer MAN's with the newer seats are much better, can see them being in service for a while.

i made a thread on the orders - http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...hp?tid=118

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
09 Jan 2013, 11:28 pm #3

(09 Jan 2013, 9:34 pm)Brandon Is the conversion of South Shields service X34 to Enviro400 permanent? I had thought that these were drafted in from Slatyford to increase capacity for the busy Christmas shopping period, but I saw one of these still on the route today. Just a bit surprised that's all! Smile

I dunno but with the stagecoach order list just being released, it might do, Sunderland were rumoured to get 25 new buses to replace the Older MAN's.. not sure how many Sunderland have, the newer MAN's with the newer seats are much better, can see them being in service for a while.

i made a thread on the orders - http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...hp?tid=118

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

NEB Admin Team

Unregistered

09 Jan 2013, 11:44 pm #4
This is brilliant news!

I hope the North East gain some new vehicles out of this, or at least cascades from other regions. I like Enviro 200's, but I'm not sure if these are good replacements for the MAN's. I avoid the 4 in Sunderland like the plague at the weekend because they just get too squashed. I think Sunderland has the number of passengers on some routes to warrant double deckers someday; 16&20 spring to mind in particular!

Alexander Dennis have recently released a list of their new orders, but I'm not sure of the time-scale of these.

A total of 532 new generation Enviro500s have been sold to bus operators in Hong Kong, all of which will be delivered in the next 18 months. KMB has ordered 370, while Citybus is to receive 156 and six will go to MTRC. In addition, a further 109 current generation ADL vehicles, involving a mix of Enviro500, Enviro400 and Enviro200 models, will also be delivered to a range of Hong Kong bus operators in the same timeframe, taking total deliveries into the territory by end-March 2015 to 641.
All 150 stop-start ADL hybrid-electric vehicles will be delivered between now and the summer of 2013. Operators receiving them are Metroline (19), National Express Dundee (9), National Express Wolverhampton (12), Stagecoach Manchester (40), Stagecoach Sheffield (19), London United (29), Go-Ahead London (18) and FirstGroup (4).

The 175 midi buses to be built by ADL in the remainder of this year are destined for a large number of operators, including Reay’s Coaches, Mid Wales Travel, CEN Group, Tates Travel, Watts Travel, Whitelaws Coaches, Ace Travel, Go Goodwins, Stephenson’s of Essex, Compass Travel, Manchester Airport, A2B Travel, Houston Travel, Little Coaches, Hornsby Travel, Repton’s Coaches and Lewis Y Llan.
NEB Admin Team
09 Jan 2013, 11:44 pm #4

This is brilliant news!

I hope the North East gain some new vehicles out of this, or at least cascades from other regions. I like Enviro 200's, but I'm not sure if these are good replacements for the MAN's. I avoid the 4 in Sunderland like the plague at the weekend because they just get too squashed. I think Sunderland has the number of passengers on some routes to warrant double deckers someday; 16&20 spring to mind in particular!

Alexander Dennis have recently released a list of their new orders, but I'm not sure of the time-scale of these.

A total of 532 new generation Enviro500s have been sold to bus operators in Hong Kong, all of which will be delivered in the next 18 months. KMB has ordered 370, while Citybus is to receive 156 and six will go to MTRC. In addition, a further 109 current generation ADL vehicles, involving a mix of Enviro500, Enviro400 and Enviro200 models, will also be delivered to a range of Hong Kong bus operators in the same timeframe, taking total deliveries into the territory by end-March 2015 to 641.
All 150 stop-start ADL hybrid-electric vehicles will be delivered between now and the summer of 2013. Operators receiving them are Metroline (19), National Express Dundee (9), National Express Wolverhampton (12), Stagecoach Manchester (40), Stagecoach Sheffield (19), London United (29), Go-Ahead London (18) and FirstGroup (4).

The 175 midi buses to be built by ADL in the remainder of this year are destined for a large number of operators, including Reay’s Coaches, Mid Wales Travel, CEN Group, Tates Travel, Watts Travel, Whitelaws Coaches, Ace Travel, Go Goodwins, Stephenson’s of Essex, Compass Travel, Manchester Airport, A2B Travel, Houston Travel, Little Coaches, Hornsby Travel, Repton’s Coaches and Lewis Y Llan.

tyresmoke

10 Jan 2013, 12:39 am #5

Yes it is a permanent transfer. The branded MAN's 22049/50 have been debranded.
tyresmoke
10 Jan 2013, 12:39 am #5

Yes it is a permanent transfer. The branded MAN's 22049/50 have been debranded.

Michael

10 Jan 2013, 7:30 pm #6
Revised bus stops at Wheatsheaf, affecting Services 19, 23, E1, E2 and E6
Working in partnership with the developers of the Sunderland Retail Park site and Sunderland City Council, Nexus have confirmed new bus stops will be installed on Newcastle Road and on Roker Avenue, replacing the temporary northbound bus stop arrangements which have been in place for a few months.

Last Updated : 10 January 2013 11:51

The new bus stops are programmed to be installed during Friday 11 January 2013. Upon the installation of the new bus stops, the following permanent arrangements will apply:

Services 19, 23, E1 and E6 will be relocated to a new bus stop on Roker Avenue, directly outside the Salvation Army.

Service E2 will be relocated to a new bus stop on Newcastle Road, opposite Kwik Fit.

When these new bus stops have been installed, buses will cease to observe the temporary bus stop location outside the "Bridge Street Prestige" car showroom.

Service E2 customers will also benefit from the introduction of a new southbound bus stop on Newcastle Road, close to the new retail park development.

These new bus stop arrangements are designed to improve traffic conditions and ease traffic flow along North Bridge Street, following consultations with Sunderland City Council.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
10 Jan 2013, 7:30 pm #6

Revised bus stops at Wheatsheaf, affecting Services 19, 23, E1, E2 and E6
Working in partnership with the developers of the Sunderland Retail Park site and Sunderland City Council, Nexus have confirmed new bus stops will be installed on Newcastle Road and on Roker Avenue, replacing the temporary northbound bus stop arrangements which have been in place for a few months.

Last Updated : 10 January 2013 11:51

The new bus stops are programmed to be installed during Friday 11 January 2013. Upon the installation of the new bus stops, the following permanent arrangements will apply:

Services 19, 23, E1 and E6 will be relocated to a new bus stop on Roker Avenue, directly outside the Salvation Army.

Service E2 will be relocated to a new bus stop on Newcastle Road, opposite Kwik Fit.

When these new bus stops have been installed, buses will cease to observe the temporary bus stop location outside the "Bridge Street Prestige" car showroom.

Service E2 customers will also benefit from the introduction of a new southbound bus stop on Newcastle Road, close to the new retail park development.

These new bus stop arrangements are designed to improve traffic conditions and ease traffic flow along North Bridge Street, following consultations with Sunderland City Council.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

NEB Admin Team

Unregistered

12 Jan 2013, 2:14 pm #7
Just been past on the bus - there's a temporary bus stop "stump" in the new north-bound bus bay on Newcastle Road at the Wheatsheaf, but no passengers seem to be using it and no buses are stopping there. Buses (9, 35A and E2 I saw) are still using the other bus stop further down towards the bridge. It's not the first time that Nexus have failed to get bus stops installed on a set date.

The new Tesco building looks impressive though, such an improvement on what was there before. The traffic system works so much better now as a cross-roads than the old gyratory.
NEB Admin Team
12 Jan 2013, 2:14 pm #7

Just been past on the bus - there's a temporary bus stop "stump" in the new north-bound bus bay on Newcastle Road at the Wheatsheaf, but no passengers seem to be using it and no buses are stopping there. Buses (9, 35A and E2 I saw) are still using the other bus stop further down towards the bridge. It's not the first time that Nexus have failed to get bus stops installed on a set date.

The new Tesco building looks impressive though, such an improvement on what was there before. The traffic system works so much better now as a cross-roads than the old gyratory.

idiot

13 Jan 2013, 5:42 pm #8
(12 Jan 2013, 2:14 pm)Brandon Just been past on the bus - there's a temporary bus stop "stump" in the new north-bound bus bay on Newcastle Road at the Wheatsheaf, but no passengers seem to be using it and no buses are stopping there. Buses (9, 35A and E2 I saw) are still using the other bus stop further down towards the bridge. It's not the first time that Nexus have failed to get bus stops installed on a set date.

Does not surprise me at all.
idiot
13 Jan 2013, 5:42 pm #8

(12 Jan 2013, 2:14 pm)Brandon Just been past on the bus - there's a temporary bus stop "stump" in the new north-bound bus bay on Newcastle Road at the Wheatsheaf, but no passengers seem to be using it and no buses are stopping there. Buses (9, 35A and E2 I saw) are still using the other bus stop further down towards the bridge. It's not the first time that Nexus have failed to get bus stops installed on a set date.

Does not surprise me at all.

idiot

20 Jan 2013, 6:34 pm #9
The new bus stops are now in operation - I caught the e1 on Saturday morning from outside the Salvation Army.
idiot
20 Jan 2013, 6:34 pm #9

The new bus stops are now in operation - I caught the e1 on Saturday morning from outside the Salvation Army.

Dan

Site Administrator

20 Jan 2013, 6:41 pm #10
(20 Jan 2013, 6:34 pm)idiot The new bus stops are now in operation - I caught the e1 on Saturday morning from outside the Salvation Army.

Good to hear.

On the subject of the E1, an* Enviro 300 is said to have been given leather seating. I remember 27740 having leather seating but I thought Stagecoach removed it - I can't seem to find any recent photos (post Olympics) of the vehicle in question either!

*could be more than one - information was given to me by my mum (she has no clue about buses)!
Dan
20 Jan 2013, 6:41 pm #10

(20 Jan 2013, 6:34 pm)idiot The new bus stops are now in operation - I caught the e1 on Saturday morning from outside the Salvation Army.

Good to hear.

On the subject of the E1, an* Enviro 300 is said to have been given leather seating. I remember 27740 having leather seating but I thought Stagecoach removed it - I can't seem to find any recent photos (post Olympics) of the vehicle in question either!

*could be more than one - information was given to me by my mum (she has no clue about buses)!

idiot

20 Jan 2013, 6:50 pm #11
I travelled on the E1 in October (I think) that had leather seating, but just presumed it was off the Olympics branding.
idiot
20 Jan 2013, 6:50 pm #11

I travelled on the E1 in October (I think) that had leather seating, but just presumed it was off the Olympics branding.

cbma06

20 Jan 2013, 7:00 pm #12

Does anybody have a map of the new layout at the wheatsheaf, and where the buses stop now and what bus services at each stop?.

cbma06
20 Jan 2013, 7:00 pm #12

Does anybody have a map of the new layout at the wheatsheaf, and where the buses stop now and what bus services at each stop?.

Dan

Site Administrator

20 Jan 2013, 7:06 pm #13
Mustn't have ever lost it then! Just rarely seems to get photographed!
Dan
20 Jan 2013, 7:06 pm #13

Mustn't have ever lost it then! Just rarely seems to get photographed!

tyresmoke

20 Jan 2013, 11:38 pm #14
It was indeed 27740, the only one to be done, as a trial I believe. Must be successful as cab seats are now starting to recovered in the leather... 22671 has just had its done as part of its (very thorough) refurb!
tyresmoke
20 Jan 2013, 11:38 pm #14

It was indeed 27740, the only one to be done, as a trial I believe. Must be successful as cab seats are now starting to recovered in the leather... 22671 has just had its done as part of its (very thorough) refurb!

25 Jan 2013, 4:47 pm #15
Just seen 36086 heading down the A1018 just past Rhyope heading towards Seaham being driven by a fitter. Im assuming its off to Hartlepool or Stockton
25 Jan 2013, 4:47 pm #15

Just seen 36086 heading down the A1018 just past Rhyope heading towards Seaham being driven by a fitter. Im assuming its off to Hartlepool or Stockton

Michael

27 Jan 2013, 2:37 pm #16
VOSA changes from last week

PB0002404/283 - BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD T/A STAGECOACH NORTHEAST, ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, NORTH BRIDGE STREET, SUNDERLAND, SR5 1AQ
Variation Accepted: Operating between Central Station and Central Station given service number CS1 effective from 24-Mar-2013. To amend Timetable.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
27 Jan 2013, 2:37 pm #16

VOSA changes from last week

PB0002404/283 - BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD T/A STAGECOACH NORTHEAST, ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, NORTH BRIDGE STREET, SUNDERLAND, SR5 1AQ
Variation Accepted: Operating between Central Station and Central Station given service number CS1 effective from 24-Mar-2013. To amend Timetable.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

27 Jan 2013, 7:10 pm #17
(27 Jan 2013, 2:37 pm)Michael VOSA changes from last week

To amend the timetable of what..? I don't recall there being a Stagecoach in Newcastle service already existing by the number of 'CS1'...
Or can someone correct me on that thought?
Dan
27 Jan 2013, 7:10 pm #17

To amend the timetable of what..? I don't recall there being a Stagecoach in Newcastle service already existing by the number of 'CS1'...

Adam

27 Jan 2013, 7:45 pm #18
(27 Jan 2013, 7:10 pm)Daniel

I think it may be for the City Sightseeing service. That normally changes to its summer timetable around that time.
Adam
27 Jan 2013, 7:45 pm #18

I think it may be for the City Sightseeing service. That normally changes to its summer timetable around that time.

tyresmoke

28 Jan 2013, 8:08 am #19
(27 Jan 2013, 7:45 pm)Adam

Spot on
tyresmoke
28 Jan 2013, 8:08 am #19

Spot on

Dan

Site Administrator

28 Jan 2013, 4:27 pm #20
(28 Jan 2013, 8:08 am)tyresmoke

Spot on

Ah! Blonde moment - of course it does.
Dan
28 Jan 2013, 4:27 pm #20

(28 Jan 2013, 8:08 am)tyresmoke

Spot on

Ah! Blonde moment - of course it does.

Pages (2) 1 2 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average