Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat Driving A Bus

Driving A Bus

Driving A Bus

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2) Previous 1 2
Tom

22 May 2016, 5:46 pm #21
(22 May 2016, 5:45 pm)S813 FVK The only way you can get work experience in my school is if you do Health and Social Care and then its usually in a nursery or care home.

Ah ok I though they had stopped it. It's a shame are instead of the boring crap you do in PSHE or whatever it is you could do something that will actually help you instead of wasting my afternoon
Tom
22 May 2016, 5:46 pm #21

(22 May 2016, 5:45 pm)S813 FVK The only way you can get work experience in my school is if you do Health and Social Care and then its usually in a nursery or care home.

Ah ok I though they had stopped it. It's a shame are instead of the boring crap you do in PSHE or whatever it is you could do something that will actually help you instead of wasting my afternoon

BusLoverMum

22 May 2016, 6:56 pm #22
(22 May 2016, 5:13 pm)citaro5284 http://www.simplygo.com/news/new-apprent...start-now/

This is the link for this year, but normally its the same every year.

You got big'un's attention with that link!
BusLoverMum
22 May 2016, 6:56 pm #22

(22 May 2016, 5:13 pm)citaro5284 http://www.simplygo.com/news/new-apprent...start-now/

This is the link for this year, but normally its the same every year.

You got big'un's attention with that link!

22 May 2016, 7:07 pm #23
Drove 3968 today. Completely different to driving a car as well as never having driven an automatic as I've only driven manual cars. Wasn't expecting it to move as soon as I took the handbrake off, got a bit of a surprise there. Was stopping suddenly a bit when first started with not being used to the brakes as I just braked as done in my car and can see why you need to press the bell in plenty of time before the stop. Steering was a lot different with having to turn sooner than I would in the car. Managed to get the hang of it about half way round and stopped just about perfectly when finishing the route. Seemed a bit odd when moving and not pressing the accelerator pedal except when was instructed to by one of the recruitment team members. Overall an enjoyable experience and I hope to do again. Have a lot more respect now for bus drivers after this and for pressing the bell in plenty of time before my stop.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
22 May 2016, 7:07 pm #23

Drove 3968 today. Completely different to driving a car as well as never having driven an automatic as I've only driven manual cars. Wasn't expecting it to move as soon as I took the handbrake off, got a bit of a surprise there. Was stopping suddenly a bit when first started with not being used to the brakes as I just braked as done in my car and can see why you need to press the bell in plenty of time before the stop. Steering was a lot different with having to turn sooner than I would in the car. Managed to get the hang of it about half way round and stopped just about perfectly when finishing the route. Seemed a bit odd when moving and not pressing the accelerator pedal except when was instructed to by one of the recruitment team members. Overall an enjoyable experience and I hope to do again. Have a lot more respect now for bus drivers after this and for pressing the bell in plenty of time before my stop.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Jamie M

Unregistered

22 May 2016, 10:37 pm #24
Do you just have to be a full manual licence holder to test drive in this scenario, or are there any restrictions on how long you have to have held the licence to do this? Might turn up next year if I'm eligible and it's on again.
Jamie M
22 May 2016, 10:37 pm #24

Do you just have to be a full manual licence holder to test drive in this scenario, or are there any restrictions on how long you have to have held the licence to do this? Might turn up next year if I'm eligible and it's on again.

Dan

Site Administrator

23 May 2016, 4:32 am #25
(22 May 2016, 10:37 pm)Jamie M Do you just have to be a full manual licence holder to test drive in this scenario, or are there any restrictions on how long you have to have held the licence to do this? Might turn up next year if I'm eligible and it's on again.

Seemingly not. A number of younger people test drove the bus even if they didn't hold a provisional car license.
Dan
23 May 2016, 4:32 am #25

(22 May 2016, 10:37 pm)Jamie M Do you just have to be a full manual licence holder to test drive in this scenario, or are there any restrictions on how long you have to have held the licence to do this? Might turn up next year if I'm eligible and it's on again.

Seemingly not. A number of younger people test drove the bus even if they didn't hold a provisional car license.

Jamie M

Unregistered

23 May 2016, 7:00 am #26
(23 May 2016, 4:32 am)Dan Seemingly not. A number of younger people test drove the bus even if they didn't hold a provisional car license.
Oh, wasn't expecting that. Thanks.
Jamie M
23 May 2016, 7:00 am #26

(23 May 2016, 4:32 am)Dan Seemingly not. A number of younger people test drove the bus even if they didn't hold a provisional car license.
Oh, wasn't expecting that. Thanks.

Chris

23 May 2016, 11:16 am #27

The instructor offered my wife a go of 3974 even though she said she only had a provisional.  She bottled it like!

I had a blast of 3974.  In fact, I enjoyed it so much I had 2 goes.  I was expecting the brakes to be a bit bouncy but they weren't.  The instructor (Tracey, I think?) was spot on as well.
Chris
23 May 2016, 11:16 am #27

The instructor offered my wife a go of 3974 even though she said she only had a provisional.  She bottled it like!

I had a blast of 3974.  In fact, I enjoyed it so much I had 2 goes.  I was expecting the brakes to be a bit bouncy but they weren't.  The instructor (Tracey, I think?) was spot on as well.

Andreos1

29 Nov 2016, 1:36 pm #28
https://twitter.com/DTJobcentreplus/stat...5560226816

Sessions at Gateshead College for potential drivers.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
29 Nov 2016, 1:36 pm #28

https://twitter.com/DTJobcentreplus/stat...5560226816

Sessions at Gateshead College for potential drivers.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Pages (2) Previous 1 2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average