Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Local Bus Events Northern National Restoration Group Running Day 2016

Northern National Restoration Group Running Day 2016

Northern National Restoration Group Running Day 2016

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next
Poll: Are you planning to attend this event?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.

Yes
42.86%
Votes 6
No
14.29%
Votes 2
Maybe
42.86%
Votes 6

Total 14 vote(s) 100%
30 Jun 2016, 6:33 pm #1
Evening all, 

The Northern National Restoration Group are holding another event on Sunday 4th September this year, following the successful one last year in which more people than ever anticipated turned up to ride ex-Northern Leyland National Mk2/Leyland FTN 710W, ex-National Welsh Leyland National Mk1/Leyland YFY 4M and former-Leyland test vehicle Leyland National Mk1/Leyland WHH 556S. The three vehicles all differed mechanically, with FTN 710W being Volvo-repowered, YFY 4M carrying it's original Leyland 510 engine, and DAF-repowered WHH 556S.

This year, Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown 4855 (R855 PRG) is being used alongside another vehicle from the Workington Transport Heritage Trust (potentially anything in their vast collection that is MOT'd). The route that has been chosen is an extensive run that follows the 775 route from Consett Bus Station to Chester-le-Street Market Place, the 21 to Durham, a run on the 53 to Witton Gilbert, then the 765 back to Consett Bus Station from there.

At present, pickups are to be undertaken at Consett at 10:15, Stanley at 10:50, Chester-le-Street at 11:20, and Durham Millburngate at 11:45. Photostops will be available on Stanley Front Street, Chester-le-Street, Durham North Road/Millburngate and Lanchester Village Green. All pickups aside from Consett will not be returned to, so those joining us will have to make their own way back from Consett. Passengers will be able to change vehicles at all of the locations listed above. 

Following a problem last year, all under-16s must be accompanied by an adult. Any donations will be greatly received, as the cost of operating such an event isn't cheap. 

R852 PRG
R852 PRG
30 Jun 2016, 6:33 pm #1

Evening all, 

The Northern National Restoration Group are holding another event on Sunday 4th September this year, following the successful one last year in which more people than ever anticipated turned up to ride ex-Northern Leyland National Mk2/Leyland FTN 710W, ex-National Welsh Leyland National Mk1/Leyland YFY 4M and former-Leyland test vehicle Leyland National Mk1/Leyland WHH 556S. The three vehicles all differed mechanically, with FTN 710W being Volvo-repowered, YFY 4M carrying it's original Leyland 510 engine, and DAF-repowered WHH 556S.

This year, Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown 4855 (R855 PRG) is being used alongside another vehicle from the Workington Transport Heritage Trust (potentially anything in their vast collection that is MOT'd). The route that has been chosen is an extensive run that follows the 775 route from Consett Bus Station to Chester-le-Street Market Place, the 21 to Durham, a run on the 53 to Witton Gilbert, then the 765 back to Consett Bus Station from there.

At present, pickups are to be undertaken at Consett at 10:15, Stanley at 10:50, Chester-le-Street at 11:20, and Durham Millburngate at 11:45. Photostops will be available on Stanley Front Street, Chester-le-Street, Durham North Road/Millburngate and Lanchester Village Green. All pickups aside from Consett will not be returned to, so those joining us will have to make their own way back from Consett. Passengers will be able to change vehicles at all of the locations listed above. 

Following a problem last year, all under-16s must be accompanied by an adult. Any donations will be greatly received, as the cost of operating such an event isn't cheap. 

R852 PRG

30 Jun 2016, 6:48 pm #2
(30 Jun 2016, 6:33 pm)R852 PRG Evening all, 

R852 PRG

I am definitely going, it sounds like it will be great, I dislike renowns but this must not be missed!
Are you able to board at Stanley and alight at Durham?
NK53 TKT
30 Jun 2016, 6:48 pm #2

R852 PRG

I am definitely going, it sounds like it will be great, I dislike renowns but this must not be missed!

BusLoverMum

30 Jun 2016, 6:51 pm #3

R852 PRG

I've put us down as a yes. Impossible for us to get to Consett for 10:15am (our first bus of the day doesn't get to Durham until 9:45-ish) but can definitely join at Stanley or CLS.

What time is it anticipated that the buses will arrive back at Consett?
BusLoverMum
30 Jun 2016, 6:51 pm #3

R852 PRG

I've put us down as a yes. Impossible for us to get to Consett for 10:15am (our first bus of the day doesn't get to Durham until 9:45-ish) but can definitely join at Stanley or CLS.

30 Jun 2016, 7:03 pm #4
(30 Jun 2016, 6:48 pm)NK53 TKT I am definitely going, it sounds like it will be great, I dislike renowns but this must not be missed!

What's the issue with Renowns?

Yes, that will be possible.

(30 Jun 2016, 6:51 pm)BusLoverMum I've put us down as a yes. Impossible for us to get to Consett for 10:15am (our first bus of the day doesn't get to Durham until 9:45-ish) but can definitely join at Stanley or CLS.

I'd have thought around 13:00, the last pick-up should be at Millburngate at about 11:45, allowing time to get to Consett via Witton Gilbert and Lanchester within an hour or so.
R852 PRG
30 Jun 2016, 7:03 pm #4

(30 Jun 2016, 6:48 pm)NK53 TKT I am definitely going, it sounds like it will be great, I dislike renowns but this must not be missed!

What's the issue with Renowns?

(30 Jun 2016, 6:51 pm)BusLoverMum I've put us down as a yes. Impossible for us to get to Consett for 10:15am (our first bus of the day doesn't get to Durham until 9:45-ish) but can definitely join at Stanley or CLS.

I'd have thought around 13:00, the last pick-up should be at Millburngate at about 11:45, allowing time to get to Consett via Witton Gilbert and Lanchester within an hour or so.

BusLoverMum

30 Jun 2016, 7:06 pm #5
(30 Jun 2016, 7:03 pm)R852 PRG What's the issue with Renowns?

Getting back should be no problem then. Whether we board at Stanley or CLS will depend on what time we get our backsides out of bed (or mine, to be precise - big'un is always up at silly o'clock)
BusLoverMum
30 Jun 2016, 7:06 pm #5

Getting back should be no problem then. Whether we board at Stanley or CLS will depend on what time we get our backsides out of bed (or mine, to be precise - big'un is always up at silly o'clock)

Jimmi

30 Jun 2016, 7:11 pm #6
I'm down as a maybe, unfortunately the pick up time at Consett isn't possible for me, Stanley is but I'd have to sit in Durham for nearly an hour waiting for a 16/16A arriving around 10 minutes before the pick up time. The other alternative is Chester-le-Street but by that time I will have missed a fair amount of the trip. I personally feel it would be better if the pick ups were about an hour later especially as I can't see where it would go on so late that it would cause problems for those who have a low or even no service on Sunday night, I feel like the times stated here in the morning could potentially put some people off especially for those who don't live close to those areas like myself.
Jimmi
30 Jun 2016, 7:11 pm #6

I'm down as a maybe, unfortunately the pick up time at Consett isn't possible for me, Stanley is but I'd have to sit in Durham for nearly an hour waiting for a 16/16A arriving around 10 minutes before the pick up time. The other alternative is Chester-le-Street but by that time I will have missed a fair amount of the trip. I personally feel it would be better if the pick ups were about an hour later especially as I can't see where it would go on so late that it would cause problems for those who have a low or even no service on Sunday night, I feel like the times stated here in the morning could potentially put some people off especially for those who don't live close to those areas like myself.

30 Jun 2016, 7:13 pm #7

I just find them a bit rattlly and I don't like the sound they make but the R Reg ones make a better noise
NK53 TKT
30 Jun 2016, 7:13 pm #7

I just find them a bit rattlly and I don't like the sound they make but the R Reg ones make a better noise

30 Jun 2016, 7:31 pm #8
I wasn't at this event last year, What incident caused under 16s to have to be supervised?

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
South Tyne Lad
30 Jun 2016, 7:31 pm #8

I wasn't at this event last year, What incident caused under 16s to have to be supervised?

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

30 Jun 2016, 7:54 pm #9
Hello.

Last year we had an incident with a young chap who was miles from home and I think was not suppose to be 40 miles or so out. With all our trips out the timetable is at very best A guide. I took the decision that I wouldn't get the 3 buses together at Bows Museum and instead drove 4710 flat out to Bishop Auckland so the lad could catch the 21 back home. The return trip would have used 15% more fuel but that was not the issue. The group never got A thanks or nothing from him and that is why all our trips are now nobody under 16 un attended. I wasn't going to do any more of these runs for the open enthusiast but after A group meeting it was decided we would do one more.
I might well amend the times so its more user friendly for the WTHT and people to get to Consett. From 10.00 to 12.00.

watch our Facebook Group and the NNRG's web site www.nnrg.co.uk for more info.

Craig Smith. NNRG Operations Engineer. NNRG. Bus Preservationists of the North East.
Craig Smith
30 Jun 2016, 7:54 pm #9

Hello.

Last year we had an incident with a young chap who was miles from home and I think was not suppose to be 40 miles or so out. With all our trips out the timetable is at very best A guide. I took the decision that I wouldn't get the 3 buses together at Bows Museum and instead drove 4710 flat out to Bishop Auckland so the lad could catch the 21 back home. The return trip would have used 15% more fuel but that was not the issue. The group never got A thanks or nothing from him and that is why all our trips are now nobody under 16 un attended. I wasn't going to do any more of these runs for the open enthusiast but after A group meeting it was decided we would do one more.
I might well amend the times so its more user friendly for the WTHT and people to get to Consett. From 10.00 to 12.00.

Craig Smith. NNRG Operations Engineer. NNRG. Bus Preservationists of the North East.

30 Jun 2016, 7:57 pm #10
(30 Jun 2016, 7:13 pm)NK53 TKT I just find them a bit rattlly and I don't like the sound they make but the R Reg ones make a better noise

I can assure you that all the GNE rattles have been ironed out of R855 PRG.

Craig Smith
30 Jun 2016, 7:57 pm #10

(30 Jun 2016, 7:13 pm)NK53 TKT I just find them a bit rattlly and I don't like the sound they make but the R Reg ones make a better noise

I can assure you that all the GNE rattles have been ironed out of R855 PRG.

30 Jun 2016, 8:11 pm #11
(30 Jun 2016, 7:54 pm)Craig Smith Hello.

Ah right, Shame that one lad had to spoil it for everyone.
Will try and get a Adult to take me, If not I will try and roam about myself and get photos of it en route.

Thanks for the info Smile

South Tyne Lad
30 Jun 2016, 8:11 pm #11

(30 Jun 2016, 7:54 pm)Craig Smith Hello.

Ah right, Shame that one lad had to spoil it for everyone.
Will try and get a Adult to take me, If not I will try and roam about myself and get photos of it en route.

Thanks for the info Smile

S813 FVK

30 Jun 2016, 8:16 pm #12
Isn't the lad in question a resident on this forum? I think i remember discussing the event went with the issue was brought up - I might be getting my wires crossed, though.
S813 FVK
30 Jun 2016, 8:16 pm #12

Isn't the lad in question a resident on this forum? I think i remember discussing the event went with the issue was brought up - I might be getting my wires crossed, though.

30 Jun 2016, 8:27 pm #13
(30 Jun 2016, 8:11 pm)South Tyne Lad Ah right, Shame that one lad had to spoil it for everyone.

Thanks for the info  Smile

He didn't spoil the day. We were running late from the start and unfortunately the lad got himself upset. I can imagine his thoughts as we were going over the West Moors.... It gave those on 4710 A show of what she really can do...

The group wanted another road run this year so the only way I would sanction one was if we used 4855 and had a minimum age. I realize many people on hear are under 21.

Our timetable isn't reliable. So my advice to anyone who is doing something after the road run that is time sensitive is don't bother coming as we will probably be late.

Craig Smith
30 Jun 2016, 8:27 pm #13

(30 Jun 2016, 8:11 pm)South Tyne Lad Ah right, Shame that one lad had to spoil it for everyone.

He didn't spoil the day. We were running late from the start and unfortunately the lad got himself upset. I can imagine his thoughts as we were going over the West Moors.... It gave those on 4710 A show of what she really can do...

The group wanted another road run this year so the only way I would sanction one was if we used 4855 and had a minimum age. I realize many people on hear are under 21.

Our timetable isn't reliable. So my advice to anyone who is doing something after the road run that is time sensitive is don't bother coming as we will probably be late.

30 Jun 2016, 8:39 pm #14
Hello.

For everyone's convenience the NNRG have agreed to move the start time from 10.00 to 12.00.

Craig Smith
30 Jun 2016, 8:39 pm #14

Hello.

For everyone's convenience the NNRG have agreed to move the start time from 10.00 to 12.00.

Andreos1

30 Jun 2016, 8:55 pm #15
Whilst appreciating you can't please everyone, the change of times now means I can't attend.

The initial times worked out perfectly.
My face dropped by the time I got to the last post Wink

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
30 Jun 2016, 8:55 pm #15

Whilst appreciating you can't please everyone, the change of times now means I can't attend.

30 Jun 2016, 9:04 pm #16
(30 Jun 2016, 8:55 pm)Andreos1 Whilst appreciating you can't please everyone, the change of times now means I can't attend.

Buggar... Really sorry about this.

Craig Smith
30 Jun 2016, 9:04 pm #16

(30 Jun 2016, 8:55 pm)Andreos1 Whilst appreciating you can't please everyone, the change of times now means I can't attend.

Buggar... Really sorry about this.

Andreos1

30 Jun 2016, 9:10 pm #17
(30 Jun 2016, 9:04 pm)Craig Smith Buggar... Really sorry about this.

Don't worry about it.
There will be some who preferred the earlier time and others who prefer the later. It's impossible to please everyone.

Andreos1
30 Jun 2016, 9:10 pm #17

(30 Jun 2016, 9:04 pm)Craig Smith Buggar... Really sorry about this.

Don't worry about it.
There will be some who preferred the earlier time and others who prefer the later. It's impossible to please everyone.

BusLoverMum

30 Jun 2016, 10:13 pm #18

I can always temporarily adopt you if you're in a fix Wink
BusLoverMum
30 Jun 2016, 10:13 pm #18

I can always temporarily adopt you if you're in a fix Wink

BusLoverMum

30 Jun 2016, 10:19 pm #19
(30 Jun 2016, 8:39 pm)Craig Smith Hello.

I can even get to Consett by then!

I think the issue for a few of us, out in Co Durham, is that either our bus services simply don't wake up until after 9am or they're so disjointed that the connections are poor. Just an extra hour would make it easier for a lot of us.
BusLoverMum
30 Jun 2016, 10:19 pm #19

(30 Jun 2016, 8:39 pm)Craig Smith Hello.

I can even get to Consett by then!

I think the issue for a few of us, out in Co Durham, is that either our bus services simply don't wake up until after 9am or they're so disjointed that the connections are poor. Just an extra hour would make it easier for a lot of us.

01 Jul 2016, 7:05 am #20
(30 Jun 2016, 10:13 pm)BusLoverMum I can always temporarily adopt you if you're in a fix Wink

Haha I'll consider it Wink

South Tyne Lad
01 Jul 2016, 7:05 am #20

(30 Jun 2016, 10:13 pm)BusLoverMum I can always temporarily adopt you if you're in a fix Wink

Haha I'll consider it Wink

Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average