Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150) Previous 127 28 29150 Next
L469 YVK

13 Aug 2019, 4:06 am #541

(12 Aug 2019, 9:56 pm)JM03

What would operate these boards, TVTs or corp Gemini 1s?

Would either be be any corporate spare B9TL (6043, 6044, 6048, 6084) or a TVT branded B9TL.

L469 YVK
13 Aug 2019, 4:06 am #541

(12 Aug 2019, 9:56 pm)JM03

What would operate these boards, TVTs or corp Gemini 1s?

Would either be be any corporate spare B9TL (6043, 6044, 6048, 6084) or a TVT branded B9TL.

16 Aug 2019, 1:21 am #542

(07 Aug 2019, 12:57 pm)V514DFT While your at it renumber the 49C to 49B,its 1 thing thats annoyed me for a while,that its numbered 49/49A/49C

I might be wrong here but I think the A in 49A is for the Anti-Clockwise part of the route, while the 49C is for the Clockwise part of the route. That's why I think they use A and C, instead of A and B. I'm sure this was the case for the old Silver Arrows Sunderland - Washington services 2A and 2C. This numbering used to annoy me too until someone explained it.

Washingtonian
16 Aug 2019, 1:21 am #542

(07 Aug 2019, 12:57 pm)V514DFT While your at it renumber the 49C to 49B,its 1 thing thats annoyed me for a while,that its numbered 49/49A/49C

I might be wrong here but I think the A in 49A is for the Anti-Clockwise part of the route, while the 49C is for the Clockwise part of the route. That's why I think they use A and C, instead of A and B. I'm sure this was the case for the old Silver Arrows Sunderland - Washington services 2A and 2C. This numbering used to annoy me too until someone explained it.

16 Aug 2019, 6:12 am #543

(16 Aug 2019, 1:21 am)Washingtonian

This system was also used several years ago in North Shields when local circular services 83A and 83C existed. Makes sense.

Ex-conductor
16 Aug 2019, 6:12 am #543

This system was also used several years ago in North Shields when local circular services 83A and 83C existed. Makes sense.

16 Aug 2019, 9:54 am #544

There aren't circular parts to the route.  Historically, when they were all in existence together:-

49 Gateshead to Winlaton (via Blaydon and Black Lane)

49A Gateshead to Winlaton (via Blaydon and Gibside View)

49B Gateshead to Winlaton (via Blaydon, Hazel Road and Parkhead Estate South)

49C Gateshead to Winlaton (via Clasper Village, Wellington Road, Blaydon, then 49B route)

49C ran Evenings and Sundays more regularly, when there was no 95/95A or 64.

westy3738
16 Aug 2019, 9:54 am #544

There aren't circular parts to the route.  Historically, when they were all in existence together:-

49 Gateshead to Winlaton (via Blaydon and Black Lane)

49A Gateshead to Winlaton (via Blaydon and Gibside View)

49B Gateshead to Winlaton (via Blaydon, Hazel Road and Parkhead Estate South)

49C Gateshead to Winlaton (via Clasper Village, Wellington Road, Blaydon, then 49B route)

49C ran Evenings and Sundays more regularly, when there was no 95/95A or 64.

V514DFT

16 Aug 2019, 10:32 am #545
It'll never happen but like i said either renumber it 49B or drop it merge it with the 64/95/95A and renumber that 48/48A and run it together with the 49/49A

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
16 Aug 2019, 10:32 am #545

It'll never happen but like i said either renumber it 49B or drop it merge it with the 64/95/95A and renumber that 48/48A and run it together with the 49/49A

Kind Regards
Tez

S830OFT

23 Aug 2019, 5:18 pm #546
Small suggestion for services 55 & X20

55: Revised to observe all stops between Sunderland and Barnes Park. This service is clearly not 'Express' services, therefore it makes sense to observe all stops.

The frequency of this service will be reduced to every 60 minutes, although combined with service 55X can offer an every 30 minutes service on sections of the route.

This service will no longer serve Doxford International, and will instead serve East Herrington & Herrington Burn. Services 55A & 55X will continue in their current route form, although will observe all stops between Sunderland and East Herrington, this follows changes to service X20.

55A: This service will have an additional later journey in both directions, this will offer more choice to passengers who wish to travel to or from Doxford International, aswell as benefit residents of Easington Collirey & Horden who use this service to access their place of employment or education.

55X: Revised to operate hourly in both directions, aswell as additionaly serve Hetton Downes to offer a faster alternative service to Sunderland opposed to the 35/35A.

Evening journeys will operate throughout the route, with the resource used from service 35A redirected to offer an additional bus to Low Moorsley.

X20: Revised to only serve Barnes Park, Durham Road College, Durham Road Shops & The Board Inn between Sunderland and East Herrington.

This service will also call into Doxford International, this replaces services 20 & 55, aswell as operate during Evenings and Sundays...

Doxford International:
The regular direct daytime link to Peterlee & Hartlepool will be lost, although workers can continue to use services 55A & 55X, which will be slightly revised to facilitate workers at Doxford International.

The introduction of service X20 will allow workers to travel direct to Durham, without the need to change buses which will benefit those wanting to get to work or back home as quick as possible.

S830OFT
23 Aug 2019, 5:18 pm #546

Small suggestion for services 55 & X20

55: Revised to observe all stops between Sunderland and Barnes Park. This service is clearly not 'Express' services, therefore it makes sense to observe all stops.

The frequency of this service will be reduced to every 60 minutes, although combined with service 55X can offer an every 30 minutes service on sections of the route.

This service will no longer serve Doxford International, and will instead serve East Herrington & Herrington Burn. Services 55A & 55X will continue in their current route form, although will observe all stops between Sunderland and East Herrington, this follows changes to service X20.

55A: This service will have an additional later journey in both directions, this will offer more choice to passengers who wish to travel to or from Doxford International, aswell as benefit residents of Easington Collirey & Horden who use this service to access their place of employment or education.

55X: Revised to operate hourly in both directions, aswell as additionaly serve Hetton Downes to offer a faster alternative service to Sunderland opposed to the 35/35A.

Evening journeys will operate throughout the route, with the resource used from service 35A redirected to offer an additional bus to Low Moorsley.

X20: Revised to only serve Barnes Park, Durham Road College, Durham Road Shops & The Board Inn between Sunderland and East Herrington.

This service will also call into Doxford International, this replaces services 20 & 55, aswell as operate during Evenings and Sundays...

Doxford International:
The regular direct daytime link to Peterlee & Hartlepool will be lost, although workers can continue to use services 55A & 55X, which will be slightly revised to facilitate workers at Doxford International.

The introduction of service X20 will allow workers to travel direct to Durham, without the need to change buses which will benefit those wanting to get to work or back home as quick as possible.

cbma06

23 Aug 2019, 5:32 pm #547
(23 Aug 2019, 5:18 pm)S830OFT Small suggestion for services 55 & X20

Doxford International:

Can’t see that happening, passengers on the southern section having to go through Herrington burn/Hetton downs to get to Sunderland, also losing the doxford international section which is well used from the passengers who get the 55/55X, if the x20 goes via doxford International there might as well renumber the service as it won’t be an express service, it’s an express service with a normal service faster than the express version, if it’s not broke then leave it alone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
23 Aug 2019, 5:32 pm #547

(23 Aug 2019, 5:18 pm)S830OFT Small suggestion for services 55 & X20

Doxford International:

Can’t see that happening, passengers on the southern section having to go through Herrington burn/Hetton downs to get to Sunderland, also losing the doxford international section which is well used from the passengers who get the 55/55X, if the x20 goes via doxford International there might as well renumber the service as it won’t be an express service, it’s an express service with a normal service faster than the express version, if it’s not broke then leave it alone

S830OFT

23 Aug 2019, 6:43 pm #548

(23 Aug 2019, 5:32 pm)cbma06 Can’t see that happening, passengers on the southern section having to go through Herrington burn/Hetton downs to get to Sunderland, also losing the doxford international section which is well used from the passengers who get the 55/55X, if the x20 goes via doxford International there might as well renumber the service as it won’t be an express service, it’s an express service with a normal service faster than the express version, if it’s not broke then leave it alone

Doxford International will still have the 55X at an hourly frequency, aswell additional journeys on the 55A...

Including Doxford International won't really affect the X20 as the current 'Express section' is between Houghton, Rainton Bridge and Durham, and if operating limited stop throughout you will save journey time, which can go into having the service loop around Doxford International alike the 20...

S830OFT
23 Aug 2019, 6:43 pm #548

(23 Aug 2019, 5:32 pm)cbma06 Can’t see that happening, passengers on the southern section having to go through Herrington burn/Hetton downs to get to Sunderland, also losing the doxford international section which is well used from the passengers who get the 55/55X, if the x20 goes via doxford International there might as well renumber the service as it won’t be an express service, it’s an express service with a normal service faster than the express version, if it’s not broke then leave it alone

Doxford International will still have the 55X at an hourly frequency, aswell additional journeys on the 55A...

Including Doxford International won't really affect the X20 as the current 'Express section' is between Houghton, Rainton Bridge and Durham, and if operating limited stop throughout you will save journey time, which can go into having the service loop around Doxford International alike the 20...

L469 YVK

08 Oct 2019, 9:05 pm #549

Service 309:
- New early morning journeys from Whitley Bay Cemetery to Newcastle City Centre on Mondays to Fridays and Saturdays.

- Very small number of early morning journeys between Newcastle and Cobalt Business Park will operate as service 310 via High Farm (Mondays to Fridays only).

- Most journeys re-timed to improve reliability and or better match capacity to demand.

- Improved Monday to Saturday evening frequency with extra journeys between 1900 and 2130. Last journey from Newcastle at 2255 extended to Whitley Bay Cemetery.

- Revised Sunday times to improve reliability.

- New Sunday morning journey from Battle Hill Drive to Newcastle departing at 0656.

- New Sunday morning journey from Newcastle towards Cobalt & Blyth departing at 0725.

- Sunday evening journeys at 1905 and 2050 from Newcastle extended to Blyth.

Service 310:
- Very small number of early morning journeys between Newcastle and North Shields will operate via Cobalt Business Park (Mondays to Fridays only).

- Most journeys re-timed to improve reliability and or better match capacity to demand.

- Improved Monday to Saturday evening frequency with extra journeys between 1900 and 2130. Last journey from Newcastle to North Shields will depart at 2330 (2320 on Sundays).

- Monday to Saturday evening journeys after approximately 2000 will additionally serve Hadrian Park.

- All Sunday journeys will additionally serve Hadrian Park with revised times to improve reliability and better match capacity to demand.

Service 57:

- Journeys after approximately 2000 on Mondays to Saturdays and all day on Sundays will no longer operate between Newcastle and Hadrian Park.

DISCLAIMER: NOT OFFICIAL GNE PUBLICATION - SUGGESTION TIMETABLE ONLY

.pdf
309310_Passenger Times.pdf
Size 72.48 KB / Downloads 36

L469 YVK
08 Oct 2019, 9:05 pm #549

Service 309:
- New early morning journeys from Whitley Bay Cemetery to Newcastle City Centre on Mondays to Fridays and Saturdays.

- Very small number of early morning journeys between Newcastle and Cobalt Business Park will operate as service 310 via High Farm (Mondays to Fridays only).

- Improved Monday to Saturday evening frequency with extra journeys between 1900 and 2130. Last journey from Newcastle at 2255 extended to Whitley Bay Cemetery.

- Revised Sunday times to improve reliability.

- New Sunday morning journey from Battle Hill Drive to Newcastle departing at 0656.

- New Sunday morning journey from Newcastle towards Cobalt & Blyth departing at 0725.

- Sunday evening journeys at 1905 and 2050 from Newcastle extended to Blyth.

Service 310:
- Very small number of early morning journeys between Newcastle and North Shields will operate via Cobalt Business Park (Mondays to Fridays only).

- Improved Monday to Saturday evening frequency with extra journeys between 1900 and 2130. Last journey from Newcastle to North Shields will depart at 2330 (2320 on Sundays).

- Monday to Saturday evening journeys after approximately 2000 will additionally serve Hadrian Park.

- All Sunday journeys will additionally serve Hadrian Park with revised times to improve reliability and better match capacity to demand.

Service 57:

- Journeys after approximately 2000 on Mondays to Saturdays and all day on Sundays will no longer operate between Newcastle and Hadrian Park.

DISCLAIMER: NOT OFFICIAL GNE PUBLICATION - SUGGESTION TIMETABLE ONLY

.pdf
309310_Passenger Times.pdf
Size 72.48 KB / Downloads 36

Malarkey

01 Nov 2019, 6:03 pm #550
A few suggestions.

Cobalt Express X39: 1 additional journey from Newcastle City Centre to Cobalt Business Park at 06:55am, then 2 additional journey's from Cobalt Business Park to Newcastle City Centre in the evening at 17:40pm and 18:10pm.

Cobalt & Coast Service 310: Additionally serves all stops on Cobalt Business Park on an evening after 8pm to increase frequency to Every 30 Minutes after 8pm when the 309 drops down to serving the business park hourly.

Citylink 57: Extended from Hadrian Park to additionally serve Cobalt Business Park during morning and evening peak periods.
Malarkey
01 Nov 2019, 6:03 pm #550

A few suggestions.

Cobalt Express X39: 1 additional journey from Newcastle City Centre to Cobalt Business Park at 06:55am, then 2 additional journey's from Cobalt Business Park to Newcastle City Centre in the evening at 17:40pm and 18:10pm.

Cobalt & Coast Service 310: Additionally serves all stops on Cobalt Business Park on an evening after 8pm to increase frequency to Every 30 Minutes after 8pm when the 309 drops down to serving the business park hourly.

Citylink 57: Extended from Hadrian Park to additionally serve Cobalt Business Park during morning and evening peak periods.

Jamie M

02 Nov 2019, 8:39 am #551
(01 Nov 2019, 6:03 pm)Malarkey A few suggestions.

Only way you're going to do this is pulling buses from split shifts to cover the mileage, as it will hike up PVR otherwise.

Probably want one or two extra peak trip that covers the lot.
Jamie M
02 Nov 2019, 8:39 am #551

Only way you're going to do this is pulling buses from split shifts to cover the mileage, as it will hike up PVR otherwise.

Probably want one or two extra peak trip that covers the lot.

L469 YVK

02 Nov 2019, 8:46 am #552

I'd say that the number of X39 journeys running at the minute is just right, wouldn't be a need for any more unless Sage takes off (but they'll just be filling the void left by Utilitywise).

Although the 310 serving the main Cobalt like the 309 during the evenings would be an ok idea in theory, the frequency wouldn't be exactly combined as the 310 would also have to additionally serve Hadrian Park and High Farm.

In terms of the 57 continuing beyond Hadrian Park to Cobalt during the morning & evening peak periods, it would be quicker for passengers to get off in Battle Hill and change on to the 309.

I'd say the big priorities when the Cobalt & Coast services are next revised (taking into account Sage) would be:

- Streamlining morning frequency

- Slightly improving the evening frequency (2x buses per hour on both service until approx 9-9.30pm then dropping to hourly)

- Improving the Sunday & Bank Holiday reliability

L469 YVK
02 Nov 2019, 8:46 am #552

I'd say that the number of X39 journeys running at the minute is just right, wouldn't be a need for any more unless Sage takes off (but they'll just be filling the void left by Utilitywise).

Although the 310 serving the main Cobalt like the 309 during the evenings would be an ok idea in theory, the frequency wouldn't be exactly combined as the 310 would also have to additionally serve Hadrian Park and High Farm.

In terms of the 57 continuing beyond Hadrian Park to Cobalt during the morning & evening peak periods, it would be quicker for passengers to get off in Battle Hill and change on to the 309.

I'd say the big priorities when the Cobalt & Coast services are next revised (taking into account Sage) would be:

- Slightly improving the evening frequency (2x buses per hour on both service until approx 9-9.30pm then dropping to hourly)

Jamie M

02 Nov 2019, 8:49 am #553
(02 Nov 2019, 8:46 am)L469 YVK

Advertising a connecting at battle hill doesn't sound like good business.

Imagine on a windy, rainy, winters day. It's been dark for 3 hours and the quickest way home is to get off one bus and stand in the elements until the other one arrives.

If enough people make that return journey once a day, then a peak time additional bus would solve problems and keep customers sweet.
Jamie M
02 Nov 2019, 8:49 am #553

(02 Nov 2019, 8:46 am)L469 YVK

Advertising a connecting at battle hill doesn't sound like good business.

Imagine on a windy, rainy, winters day. It's been dark for 3 hours and the quickest way home is to get off one bus and stand in the elements until the other one arrives.

If enough people make that return journey once a day, then a peak time additional bus would solve problems and keep customers sweet.

Andreos1

02 Nov 2019, 9:51 am #554

(02 Nov 2019, 8:49 am)Jamie M  Advertising a connecting at battle hill doesn't sound like good business.

What's the difference between promoting connections at Battle Hill and promoting them at Chester or Houghton?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
02 Nov 2019, 9:51 am #554

(02 Nov 2019, 8:49 am)Jamie M  Advertising a connecting at battle hill doesn't sound like good business.

What's the difference between promoting connections at Battle Hill and promoting them at Chester or Houghton?

Jamie M

02 Nov 2019, 12:22 pm #555
(02 Nov 2019, 9:51 am)Andreos1

I wouldnt say either are much better!
Jamie M
02 Nov 2019, 12:22 pm #555

(02 Nov 2019, 9:51 am)Andreos1

I wouldnt say either are much better!

Andreos1

02 Nov 2019, 12:52 pm #556

(02 Nov 2019, 12:22 pm)Jamie M I wouldnt say either are much better!

Exactly, they're not.

But in the case of the latter two - they do promote and encourage connections. Not too bad on the days its nice, warm and dry in the summer. Awful any other time of day.

Andreos1
02 Nov 2019, 12:52 pm #556

(02 Nov 2019, 12:22 pm)Jamie M I wouldnt say either are much better!

Exactly, they're not.

But in the case of the latter two - they do promote and encourage connections. Not too bad on the days its nice, warm and dry in the summer. Awful any other time of day.

15 Nov 2019, 12:11 pm #557

Will there ever be a direct Mon-Fri from Washington to Metrocentre, Here are some of My Ideas

ASX_Terranova
15 Nov 2019, 12:11 pm #557

Will there ever be a direct Mon-Fri from Washington to Metrocentre, Here are some of My Ideas

Andreos1

23 Nov 2019, 5:59 pm #559
(19 Nov 2019, 5:58 pm)ASX_Terranova Here Is Another Idea:
http://asxterranova.home.blog/2019/11/19...-2-24-24a/

I've been looking myself to see how improvements could be made to the level of service seen at Biddick Woods.
Not sure a return to the type of service seen with the X3/X4 a few years back, would be the answer though.

Once the road is opened up through Elba Park, I can see a quick fix being a re-routing of the 79 and have it service Elba Park and Biddick Woods, before heading back towards Shiney Row.
However, I'm not sure that would be the correct option. 

The damage done by GNE services 'missing out/forgetting to head in' to the estate when it was first built, along with the initial shambles with the 37, has caused a lot of damage as residents perceive the service to be unreliable and now, infrequent.
Hardly the sort of thing which will get people out of their cars. 

My own thoughts have involved having a 4 and 4A type service. One serving Shiney Row and Penshaw and the other serving Biddick Woods and then ommiting Shiney/Penshaw, operating via the Highway between Biddick Woods and Mount Pleasant.

Andreos1
23 Nov 2019, 5:59 pm #559

(19 Nov 2019, 5:58 pm)ASX_Terranova Here Is Another Idea:
http://asxterranova.home.blog/2019/11/19...-2-24-24a/

I've been looking myself to see how improvements could be made to the level of service seen at Biddick Woods.
Not sure a return to the type of service seen with the X3/X4 a few years back, would be the answer though.

Once the road is opened up through Elba Park, I can see a quick fix being a re-routing of the 79 and have it service Elba Park and Biddick Woods, before heading back towards Shiney Row.
However, I'm not sure that would be the correct option. 

The damage done by GNE services 'missing out/forgetting to head in' to the estate when it was first built, along with the initial shambles with the 37, has caused a lot of damage as residents perceive the service to be unreliable and now, infrequent.
Hardly the sort of thing which will get people out of their cars. 

My own thoughts have involved having a 4 and 4A type service. One serving Shiney Row and Penshaw and the other serving Biddick Woods and then ommiting Shiney/Penshaw, operating via the Highway between Biddick Woods and Mount Pleasant.

23 Nov 2019, 10:50 pm #560
Service 11 extended to Newcastle to provide a connection from Royal Quays to Newcastle. This will operate via Battle Hill and replace the 57 between Hadrian Park and Newcastle. 
Vehicle Allocation:
57- PVR 6 (5277 & 5293-5297)
11- PVR 10 (Versa or 5231)
Vehicle changes
705 & 709 to Deptford
724 & 725 to Riverside
5238 & 5272-74 to Chester-Le-Street.
5280 & 5281 into Corporate Liverey
8295, 8296, 8304-6 & 8320-24 to Percy Main
michaelb
23 Nov 2019, 10:50 pm #560

Service 11 extended to Newcastle to provide a connection from Royal Quays to Newcastle. This will operate via Battle Hill and replace the 57 between Hadrian Park and Newcastle. 
Vehicle Allocation:
57- PVR 6 (5277 & 5293-5297)
11- PVR 10 (Versa or 5231)
Vehicle changes
705 & 709 to Deptford
724 & 725 to Riverside
5238 & 5272-74 to Chester-Le-Street.
5280 & 5281 into Corporate Liverey
8295, 8296, 8304-6 & 8320-24 to Percy Main

Pages (150) Previous 127 28 29150 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average