Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150) Previous 170 71 72150 Next
Andreos1

01 Jul 2021, 10:03 am #1,401
(01 Jul 2021, 8:54 am)Washingtonian Yeah Harraton is currently served by the services you mentioned all on a half hourly frequency. The 2 serves Lambton and Harraton with the 2A going through Biddick then onto Fatfield etc. Still that is more services than I realised.

While I think it would be a good idea for the Biddick and Lambton loop roads to be given a service, I doubt GNE would be willing to do this as there is no where for the buses to stop, apart from on a Hail and Ride basis which isn't always the best. It may be helpful to the elderly mind.

Always get mixed up with the 2/2a. Are they not circulars any more?
Unless I need to get off on a unique section (and check with the driver if it goes to Shiney or not), I tend to just board whichever version comes first.

The loop roads are funny things. Apart from Fallowfield Way and the back of Barmston, I'm not sure of any that have suitable places to stop. Hail & ride or otherwise.
There's either bends or some sort of camber on most of the ones I can think of.
I agree that it should be an option. But whether it could be or not, not sure.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
01 Jul 2021, 10:03 am #1,401

(01 Jul 2021, 8:54 am)Washingtonian Yeah Harraton is currently served by the services you mentioned all on a half hourly frequency. The 2 serves Lambton and Harraton with the 2A going through Biddick then onto Fatfield etc. Still that is more services than I realised.

While I think it would be a good idea for the Biddick and Lambton loop roads to be given a service, I doubt GNE would be willing to do this as there is no where for the buses to stop, apart from on a Hail and Ride basis which isn't always the best. It may be helpful to the elderly mind.

Always get mixed up with the 2/2a. Are they not circulars any more?
Unless I need to get off on a unique section (and check with the driver if it goes to Shiney or not), I tend to just board whichever version comes first.

The loop roads are funny things. Apart from Fallowfield Way and the back of Barmston, I'm not sure of any that have suitable places to stop. Hail & ride or otherwise.

01 Jul 2021, 10:32 am #1,402
(01 Jul 2021, 10:03 am)Andreos1 Always get mixed up with the 2/2a. Are they not circulars any more?

In regards to the loop roads, why did the services stop. 
I also think a taxibus would probably work for these areas.
I'm also going to make a suggestion for another washington taxibus (see attachment).
Attached Files
.jpg
16251354586912075600561205177845.jpg
Size 2.55 MB / Downloads 27

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
01 Jul 2021, 10:32 am #1,402

(01 Jul 2021, 10:03 am)Andreos1 Always get mixed up with the 2/2a. Are they not circulars any more?

In regards to the loop roads, why did the services stop. 
I'm also going to make a suggestion for another washington taxibus (see attachment).

Attached Files
.jpg
16251354586912075600561205177845.jpg
Size 2.55 MB / Downloads 27

Adrian

01 Jul 2021, 11:21 am #1,403
(30 Jun 2021, 12:10 pm)ASX_Terranova The little pinks network is fine at the moment. I would potentally extend the 55 to serve Biddick (Parkway) and Harraton (San Lorenzo, Bonemill Lane)

I disagree with you there. The Little Pinks network is clearly designed around operational efficiency, rather than the customer. There are still a number of issues that exist from when the Galleries split first happened. 

The Galleries terminus still allows through-fares, but it is not possible to get a return fare, other than from Concord. For example, the 84 becomes an 82 at the Galleries and continues to Birtley, but on the return leg, that 82 becomes an 83 at the Galleries and serves a completely different set of stops between the Galleries and Concord. As there's no route saver tickets available, nor an area saver that covers the whole route, it leaves you needing a Purple Zone Go Zones ticket to cover the return journey via 3 buses.

Despite the through-journeys still existing, they are no longer advertised on the GNE timetable and have never been shown on the bus stop timetables (Nexus advised me that it wasn't possible, as they print timetables to the same standard throughout the network). So only those with knowledge of the services will know they don't have to get onto another bus at the Galleries. This isn't helpful to customers, especially those that infrequently use buses.

(30 Jun 2021, 10:40 pm)ASX_Terranova Not round the back in biddick since the 180 & 493 were withdrawn and nothing on bonemill lane since the 393 was axed, you could also include rickleton way (293) & Cambrian Way (148). I'm just trying to cover every basis.

2/2A were removed from being circulars not long after they started iirc, as it was originally the 2A(nti-clockwise) and 2C(lockwise)

I believe the 493 served the bus link, rather than round the back of Parkway. I think the 297(?) was the last bus to serve the route on a hail and ride basis, but to be honest its not even suitable for that. All the verges at the side of the road are sloped and its one big bend to drive round. Despite being hail and ride, the bus was supposed to stop at the far end of the loop before it returns back on itself, but quite often you'd get someone hitting the bell just after the Titchfield Road junction and the drivers refusing to stop again until the next actual stop - which was Biddick School at the time.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
01 Jul 2021, 11:21 am #1,403

(30 Jun 2021, 12:10 pm)ASX_Terranova The little pinks network is fine at the moment. I would potentally extend the 55 to serve Biddick (Parkway) and Harraton (San Lorenzo, Bonemill Lane)

I disagree with you there. The Little Pinks network is clearly designed around operational efficiency, rather than the customer. There are still a number of issues that exist from when the Galleries split first happened. 

The Galleries terminus still allows through-fares, but it is not possible to get a return fare, other than from Concord. For example, the 84 becomes an 82 at the Galleries and continues to Birtley, but on the return leg, that 82 becomes an 83 at the Galleries and serves a completely different set of stops between the Galleries and Concord. As there's no route saver tickets available, nor an area saver that covers the whole route, it leaves you needing a Purple Zone Go Zones ticket to cover the return journey via 3 buses.

Despite the through-journeys still existing, they are no longer advertised on the GNE timetable and have never been shown on the bus stop timetables (Nexus advised me that it wasn't possible, as they print timetables to the same standard throughout the network). So only those with knowledge of the services will know they don't have to get onto another bus at the Galleries. This isn't helpful to customers, especially those that infrequently use buses.

(30 Jun 2021, 10:40 pm)ASX_Terranova Not round the back in biddick since the 180 & 493 were withdrawn and nothing on bonemill lane since the 393 was axed, you could also include rickleton way (293) & Cambrian Way (148). I'm just trying to cover every basis.

2/2A were removed from being circulars not long after they started iirc, as it was originally the 2A(nti-clockwise) and 2C(lockwise)

I believe the 493 served the bus link, rather than round the back of Parkway. I think the 297(?) was the last bus to serve the route on a hail and ride basis, but to be honest its not even suitable for that. All the verges at the side of the road are sloped and its one big bend to drive round. Despite being hail and ride, the bus was supposed to stop at the far end of the loop before it returns back on itself, but quite often you'd get someone hitting the bell just after the Titchfield Road junction and the drivers refusing to stop again until the next actual stop - which was Biddick School at the time.

01 Jul 2021, 12:05 pm #1,404
(01 Jul 2021, 11:21 am)Adrian I disagree with you there. The Little Pinks network is clearly designed around operational efficiency, rather than the customer. There are still a number of issues that exist from when the Galleries split first happened. 

I've discovered this timetable which might contradict that given it doesnt say Biddick Village Centre. Also i think someone should just try it anyway because it would avoid people living in those streets walking all the way to the centre (i know cause i lived in that area for a little while.)
Attached Files
.pdf
R493.pdf
Size 52.92 KB / Downloads 46

ASX_Terranova
01 Jul 2021, 12:05 pm #1,404

(01 Jul 2021, 11:21 am)Adrian I disagree with you there. The Little Pinks network is clearly designed around operational efficiency, rather than the customer. There are still a number of issues that exist from when the Galleries split first happened. 

I've discovered this timetable which might contradict that given it doesnt say Biddick Village Centre. Also i think someone should just try it anyway because it would avoid people living in those streets walking all the way to the centre (i know cause i lived in that area for a little while.)

Attached Files
.pdf
R493.pdf
Size 52.92 KB / Downloads 46

Adrian

01 Jul 2021, 12:55 pm #1,405
(01 Jul 2021, 12:05 pm)ASX_Terranova I've discovered this timetable which might contradict that given it doesnt say Biddick Village Centre. Also i think someone should just try it anyway because it would avoid people living in those streets walking all the way to the centre (i know cause i lived in that area for a little while.)

It looks like it did both in its lifetime then, as the May 2004 timetable shows Titchfield Road and Easby Road stops, as well as the fixed Parkway stops just off the mini roundabout: https://northeastbuses.co.uk/bygone/asse...ay2004.pdf

Adrian
01 Jul 2021, 12:55 pm #1,405

(01 Jul 2021, 12:05 pm)ASX_Terranova I've discovered this timetable which might contradict that given it doesnt say Biddick Village Centre. Also i think someone should just try it anyway because it would avoid people living in those streets walking all the way to the centre (i know cause i lived in that area for a little while.)

It looks like it did both in its lifetime then, as the May 2004 timetable shows Titchfield Road and Easby Road stops, as well as the fixed Parkway stops just off the mini roundabout: https://northeastbuses.co.uk/bygone/asse...ay2004.pdf

01 Jul 2021, 1:02 pm #1,406
(01 Jul 2021, 12:55 pm)Adrian It looks like it did both in its lifetime then, as the May 2004 timetable shows Titchfield Road and Easby Road stops, as well as the fixed Parkway stops just off the mini roundabout: https://northeastbuses.co.uk/bygone/asse...ay2004.pdf
There are a few places you could put a bus stop in, if you removed the grass and widened the road. Maybe between Chacombe & Creevlea.  

https://maps.app.goo.gl/1oz3Z6UQMzmfSaZVA

ASX_Terranova
01 Jul 2021, 1:02 pm #1,406

(01 Jul 2021, 12:55 pm)Adrian It looks like it did both in its lifetime then, as the May 2004 timetable shows Titchfield Road and Easby Road stops, as well as the fixed Parkway stops just off the mini roundabout: https://northeastbuses.co.uk/bygone/asse...ay2004.pdf
There are a few places you could put a bus stop in, if you removed the grass and widened the road. Maybe between Chacombe & Creevlea.  

https://maps.app.goo.gl/1oz3Z6UQMzmfSaZVA

Andreos1

01 Jul 2021, 2:00 pm #1,407
(01 Jul 2021, 10:32 am)ASX_Terranova In regards to the loop roads, why did the services stop.  

I'd hazard a guess and say it was either resource based (vehicles/drivers needing to be allocated elsewhere) and/or financially it wasn't working.

Ah interesting. Genuinely didn't realise that the circular routes had stopped.
Guessing through fares were available then (I. E Biddick to Lambton), but wouldn't be an option now.

Totally agree with comments about the Washington network.
A pale shadow of what it once was and that map you produced years back, really emphasises it.
The fact there have been further changes/reductions since then, emphasises it even more.

Those stops you mention on Parkway near the roundabout are fairly new in the scheme of things. The stop outside Biddick School wasn't an 'official' stop for a long time either. It was flagged as a scholars only stop for years and it was always a risk heading there for a St George's or a GNE service. More often than not, they didn't stop and if they did, it was only ever the ones that had came through Biddick Village. Anything which had came down past The Vic would give it a miss.
Canny gap between Biddick Village and the Arts Centre.
Edited 01 Jul 2021, 2:03 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
01 Jul 2021, 2:00 pm #1,407

(01 Jul 2021, 10:32 am)ASX_Terranova In regards to the loop roads, why did the services stop.  

I'd hazard a guess and say it was either resource based (vehicles/drivers needing to be allocated elsewhere) and/or financially it wasn't working.

Ah interesting. Genuinely didn't realise that the circular routes had stopped.
Guessing through fares were available then (I. E Biddick to Lambton), but wouldn't be an option now.

A pale shadow of what it once was and that map you produced years back, really emphasises it.
The fact there have been further changes/reductions since then, emphasises it even more.

Those stops you mention on Parkway near the roundabout are fairly new in the scheme of things. The stop outside Biddick School wasn't an 'official' stop for a long time either. It was flagged as a scholars only stop for years and it was always a risk heading there for a St George's or a GNE service. More often than not, they didn't stop and if they did, it was only ever the ones that had came through Biddick Village. Anything which had came down past The Vic would give it a miss.

Adrian

01 Jul 2021, 2:45 pm #1,408
(01 Jul 2021, 2:00 pm)Andreos1 Totally agree with comments about the Washington network.

Took me a while to find it, but here they are

Roughly 2004-06 - 
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8023]

Around 2012 - 
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8024]

Adrian
01 Jul 2021, 2:45 pm #1,408

(01 Jul 2021, 2:00 pm)Andreos1 Totally agree with comments about the Washington network.

Took me a while to find it, but here they are

Roughly 2004-06 - 

Around 2012 - 

Adrian

01 Jul 2021, 2:59 pm #1,409
(01 Jul 2021, 2:00 pm)Andreos1 Ah interesting. Genuinely didn't realise that the circular routes had stopped.

Through-fares are still available to Lambton and Harraton on the 83 (changing to 81), but as per previous post today, the setup of the Little Pinks network means that you cannot get a return ticket from those points.

The Parkway stops, although infrastructure was only put in place recently, were always a place the scholars services would stop. I can recall this going back into the early 90s. I think they were put in place around the time the hail and ride services stopped. 

I know the 8 announces the Biddick School stop now and the other services (83, 4, X1A) are scheduled to serve it, but I've tried this a couple of times and its just taken as an assumed bell push for the Arts Centre. I don't think I've ever seen anyone use that stop, even at kicking out time for the schools... they just walk to the main stop, which is the same distance away.

Adrian
01 Jul 2021, 2:59 pm #1,409

(01 Jul 2021, 2:00 pm)Andreos1 Ah interesting. Genuinely didn't realise that the circular routes had stopped.

Through-fares are still available to Lambton and Harraton on the 83 (changing to 81), but as per previous post today, the setup of the Little Pinks network means that you cannot get a return ticket from those points.

The Parkway stops, although infrastructure was only put in place recently, were always a place the scholars services would stop. I can recall this going back into the early 90s. I think they were put in place around the time the hail and ride services stopped. 

I know the 8 announces the Biddick School stop now and the other services (83, 4, X1A) are scheduled to serve it, but I've tried this a couple of times and its just taken as an assumed bell push for the Arts Centre. I don't think I've ever seen anyone use that stop, even at kicking out time for the schools... they just walk to the main stop, which is the same distance away.

Andreos1

01 Jul 2021, 3:15 pm #1,410
(01 Jul 2021, 2:45 pm)Adrian Took me a while to find it, but here they are

Roughly 2004-06 - 

Around 2012 - 

Fancy doing another one for 2021?

(01 Jul 2021, 2:59 pm)Adrian Through-fares are still available to Lambton and Harraton on the 83 (changing to 81), but as per previous post today, the setup of the Little Pinks network means that you cannot get a return ticket from those points.

I was referring to the 2a/2c vs the 2 and 2a and through fares. But take the point about the Washington locals.

Genuinely can't remember those stops on Parkway being used at that time. I was at the school in that period too.
As a result, I often used/gambled on that stop outside the school as quite often I would need the Chester bus (731? That particular run always went in to the DSS where the Toby is now).
Apart from Biddick Village and the arts centre, that was the only place it would (sometimes) stop.
Edited 01 Jul 2021, 3:20 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
01 Jul 2021, 3:15 pm #1,410

(01 Jul 2021, 2:45 pm)Adrian Took me a while to find it, but here they are

Roughly 2004-06 - 

Around 2012 - 

Fancy doing another one for 2021?

(01 Jul 2021, 2:59 pm)Adrian Through-fares are still available to Lambton and Harraton on the 83 (changing to 81), but as per previous post today, the setup of the Little Pinks network means that you cannot get a return ticket from those points.

I was referring to the 2a/2c vs the 2 and 2a and through fares. But take the point about the Washington locals.

Genuinely can't remember those stops on Parkway being used at that time. I was at the school in that period too.
As a result, I often used/gambled on that stop outside the school as quite often I would need the Chester bus (731? That particular run always went in to the DSS where the Toby is now).
Apart from Biddick Village and the arts centre, that was the only place it would (sometimes) stop.

MurdnunoC

01 Jul 2021, 5:10 pm #1,411
Here are two maps of Washington from 1989 and 1993 respectively.

.jpg
20210701_180240.jpg
Size 3.41 MB / Downloads 47

.jpg
20210701_180141.jpg
Size 3.04 MB / Downloads 41
MurdnunoC
01 Jul 2021, 5:10 pm #1,411

Here are two maps of Washington from 1989 and 1993 respectively.

.jpg
20210701_180240.jpg
Size 3.41 MB / Downloads 47

.jpg
20210701_180141.jpg
Size 3.04 MB / Downloads 41

V514DFT

01 Jul 2021, 6:19 pm #1,412
93,the year i was born  Big Grin Wink

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
01 Jul 2021, 6:19 pm #1,412

93,the year i was born  Big Grin Wink

Kind Regards
Tez

Andreos1

01 Jul 2021, 7:04 pm #1,413
(01 Jul 2021, 5:10 pm)MurdnunoC Here are two maps of Washington from 1989 and 1993 respectively.

637?
Can't remember that one at all.
It seems to shadow the 638 and according to the 1993 map, ran as far as The Galleries.

Andreos1
01 Jul 2021, 7:04 pm #1,413

(01 Jul 2021, 5:10 pm)MurdnunoC Here are two maps of Washington from 1989 and 1993 respectively.

637?
It seems to shadow the 638 and according to the 1993 map, ran as far as The Galleries.

MurdnunoC

01 Jul 2021, 7:49 pm #1,414
(01 Jul 2021, 7:04 pm)Andreos1 637?

It used to go via the QE and Dunston if memory serves.
MurdnunoC
01 Jul 2021, 7:49 pm #1,414

(01 Jul 2021, 7:04 pm)Andreos1 637?

It used to go via the QE and Dunston if memory serves.

big mac

01 Jul 2021, 7:59 pm #1,415
(01 Jul 2021, 7:49 pm)MurdnunoC It used to go via the QE and Dunston if memory serves.
I remember the 637 probably in the early 2000s that went from Wardley to Ryton via the QE and Dunston.

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk
big mac
01 Jul 2021, 7:59 pm #1,415

(01 Jul 2021, 7:49 pm)MurdnunoC It used to go via the QE and Dunston if memory serves.
I remember the 637 probably in the early 2000s that went from Wardley to Ryton via the QE and Dunston.

Andreos1

01 Jul 2021, 8:07 pm #1,416
(01 Jul 2021, 7:59 pm)big mac I remember the 637 probably in the early 2000s that went from Wardley to Ryton via the QE and Dunston. 

https://northeastbuses.co.uk/bygone/inde...eQuery=637&submit.x=10&submit.y=8

Just found this in the bygone era.
The Washington link had obviously gone by this stage, but I think this one passed me by.
Can remember the 638 (magical thing that it was) and the 639 (decker between Winlaton and Ellen Wilkinson Est via Low Fell and Beacon Lough). Can remember the 648 and 649 too

Andreos1
01 Jul 2021, 8:07 pm #1,416

(01 Jul 2021, 7:59 pm)big mac I remember the 637 probably in the early 2000s that went from Wardley to Ryton via the QE and Dunston. 

https://northeastbuses.co.uk/bygone/inde...eQuery=637&submit.x=10&submit.y=8

The Washington link had obviously gone by this stage, but I think this one passed me by.
Can remember the 638 (magical thing that it was) and the 639 (decker between Winlaton and Ellen Wilkinson Est via Low Fell and Beacon Lough). Can remember the 648 and 649 too

01 Jul 2021, 8:16 pm #1,417
Following on from the Washington Debate I have made a service idea list which i think covers everything (forget the numbers i did those from a independents view).

Frequency, Allocation & PVR
201/202 (Combined Every 15 Mins): Enviro 200 MMC 8.9m (PVR of 4 or 5)
203/204 (Combined Every 15 Mins): Enviro 200 MMC 9.6m (PVR of 7 or 8)
205/206 (Hourly Clockwise, Hourly Anticlockwise): Optare Solo SR (PVR of 2)
207/208 (Hourly Clockwise, Hourly Anticlockwise): Optare Solo SR (PVR of 2)
210 (Up to Every 12 Minutes): Optare Versa or Metrocity (PVR of 11 or 12)

I would also be greatful if anybody would be kind enough to give me any blank bus designs so i could create visual brands and colours for these.
Attached Files
.pdf
Washington Links Service Ideas.pdf
Size 22.44 KB / Downloads 22
.pdf
210 Timetable.pdf
Size 26.9 KB / Downloads 16

ASX_Terranova
01 Jul 2021, 8:16 pm #1,417

Following on from the Washington Debate I have made a service idea list which i think covers everything (forget the numbers i did those from a independents view).

I would also be greatful if anybody would be kind enough to give me any blank bus designs so i could create visual brands and colours for these.

Attached Files
.pdf
Washington Links Service Ideas.pdf
Size 22.44 KB / Downloads 22
.pdf
210 Timetable.pdf
Size 26.9 KB / Downloads 16

MurdnunoC

01 Jul 2021, 8:21 pm #1,418

(01 Jul 2021, 8:07 pm)Andreos1 https://northeastbuses.co.uk/bygone/inde...eQuery=637&submit.x=10&submit.y=8

Two different services. The following is taken from a timetable from January 1994.

.jpg
20210701_211904.jpg
Size 1.13 MB / Downloads 23
MurdnunoC
01 Jul 2021, 8:21 pm #1,418

(01 Jul 2021, 8:07 pm)Andreos1 https://northeastbuses.co.uk/bygone/inde...eQuery=637&submit.x=10&submit.y=8

Two different services. The following is taken from a timetable from January 1994.

.jpg
20210701_211904.jpg
Size 1.13 MB / Downloads 23

Andreos1

01 Jul 2021, 8:22 pm #1,419
(01 Jul 2021, 8:16 pm)ASX_Terranova Following on from the Washington Debate I have made a service idea list which i think covers everything (forget the numbers i did those from a independents view).

Isn't the 210 just the 4 with Lambton Turning Circle added?

Also, The Drive is Barley Mow. Not Vigo. There will be ructions from some of the snobs on Vigo if they thought The Drive was on their estate.

(01 Jul 2021, 8:21 pm)MurdnunoC Two different services. The following is taken from a timetable from January 1994.

Ah! Thanks for clearing that one up.
Still no memory of it. 
Mind, even back then there's examples of the PTE having to fill gaps left by operators doing their own thing (638 evening route being different to its daytime route).
Edited 01 Jul 2021, 8:24 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
01 Jul 2021, 8:22 pm #1,419

(01 Jul 2021, 8:16 pm)ASX_Terranova Following on from the Washington Debate I have made a service idea list which i think covers everything (forget the numbers i did those from a independents view).

Isn't the 210 just the 4 with Lambton Turning Circle added?

Also, The Drive is Barley Mow. Not Vigo. There will be ructions from some of the snobs on Vigo if they thought The Drive was on their estate.

(01 Jul 2021, 8:21 pm)MurdnunoC Two different services. The following is taken from a timetable from January 1994.

Ah! Thanks for clearing that one up.
Still no memory of it. 
Mind, even back then there's examples of the PTE having to fill gaps left by operators doing their own thing (638 evening route being different to its daytime route).

02 Jul 2021, 10:24 am #1,420

Yeah I remember when I first moved to Washington in the very early 90s that the old minilinks used to operate on a hail and ride basis around the likes of Barmston and I remember it being a bit awkward for drivers as to where to stop etc. In recent years they have put more paving around one side of the village loop road, and on the other side they have small areas of paving along with Bus Stop road markings so that the buses can serve all parts of the village safely. Maybe this is something Sunderland Council can look to do with all villages in the area.

I know there are many villages in Washington (Blackfell, High Usworth, Teal Farm just to name a few) where the buses go through only one side of the village, meaning a fair walk for some, which will feel like a long walk for the elderley. No the wonder people don't see the bus as an attractive option anymore because it is clearly all about streamling which of course I can understand to a degree. I would rather see Go North East priortising ways of providing all people with a good reliable bus service for each village rather than constantly throwing monety at painting and chopping and changing brands every 5 minutes. In my opinion all villages should really have a minimum of a half hourly bus service within 5 mins walking distance of their home unless it is impossible to do so. If bus companies really want to encourage people to "be more green" and leave the car at home they need to be making it more attractive at least.

I think Go North East should consider looking at buying some of these types of minibuses to serve areas with lower passnger numbers and areas where it is tight to get bigger buses around

https://www.flickr.com/photos/46986413@N07/35122150323/

Dear me I never realised it was this bad! When I do use the Little Pinks I tend to only used the 83/4 to the Galleries or Concord and have never used the 81/2 since the changes! What a mess! Looking further into this am I right in thinking Rickleton only has a bus every 2 hours during the day on a Sunday?
Edited 02 Jul 2021, 10:31 am by Washingtonian.
Washingtonian
02 Jul 2021, 10:24 am #1,420

Yeah I remember when I first moved to Washington in the very early 90s that the old minilinks used to operate on a hail and ride basis around the likes of Barmston and I remember it being a bit awkward for drivers as to where to stop etc. In recent years they have put more paving around one side of the village loop road, and on the other side they have small areas of paving along with Bus Stop road markings so that the buses can serve all parts of the village safely. Maybe this is something Sunderland Council can look to do with all villages in the area.

I know there are many villages in Washington (Blackfell, High Usworth, Teal Farm just to name a few) where the buses go through only one side of the village, meaning a fair walk for some, which will feel like a long walk for the elderley. No the wonder people don't see the bus as an attractive option anymore because it is clearly all about streamling which of course I can understand to a degree. I would rather see Go North East priortising ways of providing all people with a good reliable bus service for each village rather than constantly throwing monety at painting and chopping and changing brands every 5 minutes. In my opinion all villages should really have a minimum of a half hourly bus service within 5 mins walking distance of their home unless it is impossible to do so. If bus companies really want to encourage people to "be more green" and leave the car at home they need to be making it more attractive at least.

I think Go North East should consider looking at buying some of these types of minibuses to serve areas with lower passnger numbers and areas where it is tight to get bigger buses around

https://www.flickr.com/photos/46986413@N07/35122150323/

Dear me I never realised it was this bad! When I do use the Little Pinks I tend to only used the 83/4 to the Galleries or Concord and have never used the 81/2 since the changes! What a mess! Looking further into this am I right in thinking Rickleton only has a bus every 2 hours during the day on a Sunday?

Pages (150) Previous 170 71 72150 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average