Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat NEB Fantasy Football League - 2016/17

NEB Fantasy Football League - 2016/17

NEB Fantasy Football League - 2016/17

• 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average

Adrian

01 Jul 2016, 4:54 pm #1
OK, a bit early, I must admit.... Smile

I'm looking for some thoughts on running this for the upcoming season. What would encourage people more to take part? Would you like to use an alternative provider (e.g. Dreamteam FC)? Or anything else?

Give me your thoughts, and I'll get something set up in time.

Adrian

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
01 Jul 2016, 4:54 pm #1

OK, a bit early, I must admit.... Smile

I'm looking for some thoughts on running this for the upcoming season. What would encourage people more to take part? Would you like to use an alternative provider (e.g. Dreamteam FC)? Or anything else?

Adrian

Tom

01 Jul 2016, 5:07 pm #2
(01 Jul 2016, 4:54 pm)Adrian OK, a bit early, I must admit.... Smile

Adrian

I think the one we used last season is the best one you can get. Way better than Dreamteam FC.

Maybe offer a prize for the winner?
Tom
01 Jul 2016, 5:07 pm #2

(01 Jul 2016, 4:54 pm)Adrian OK, a bit early, I must admit.... Smile

Adrian

I think the one we used last season is the best one you can get. Way better than Dreamteam FC.

Adrian

01 Jul 2016, 5:09 pm #3
(01 Jul 2016, 5:07 pm)Tom I think the one we used last season is the best one you can get. Way better than Dreamteam FC.

You funding it like? Tongue

Only realistic way we could offer a prize, is if we charged entry. Thoughts?

Adrian
01 Jul 2016, 5:09 pm #3

(01 Jul 2016, 5:07 pm)Tom I think the one we used last season is the best one you can get. Way better than Dreamteam FC.

You funding it like? Tongue

Tom

01 Jul 2016, 5:11 pm #4
(01 Jul 2016, 5:09 pm)Adrian You funding it like? Tongue

Haha Smile
I would be more than willing to pay a couple of quid to play but what do other people think about it and what could the prize be?
Tom
01 Jul 2016, 5:11 pm #4

(01 Jul 2016, 5:09 pm)Adrian You funding it like? Tongue

Haha Smile
I would be more than willing to pay a couple of quid to play but what do other people think about it and what could the prize be?

Andreos1

07 Jul 2016, 9:02 am #5
In agreement with Tom about the Premier League one being the better of the leagues.
With regard to a prize, could our 'insiders' not blag something?
There are several working for different companies and it may mean there doesn't need to be subs.
Day tickets, week tickets, a ride on a bus through the bus wash... The list is endless and it isn't going to cost the operator anything but a piece of paper (or the press of a button if an m-ticket).

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
07 Jul 2016, 9:02 am #5

In agreement with Tom about the Premier League one being the better of the leagues.
With regard to a prize, could our 'insiders' not blag something?
There are several working for different companies and it may mean there doesn't need to be subs.
Day tickets, week tickets, a ride on a bus through the bus wash... The list is endless and it isn't going to cost the operator anything but a piece of paper (or the press of a button if an m-ticket).

mb134

19 Jul 2016, 7:40 pm #6
FPL launched today, however the links on the website don't work (they take you to a 'Coming Soon' page), so if you'd like to make a team, then this is the link to follow.

Prize wise, I'm not sure how many people would be willing to pay to enter?
mb134
19 Jul 2016, 7:40 pm #6

FPL launched today, however the links on the website don't work (they take you to a 'Coming Soon' page), so if you'd like to make a team, then this is the link to follow.

Prize wise, I'm not sure how many people would be willing to pay to enter?

Adrian

30 Jul 2016, 10:44 am #7
Right, I've logged in and renewed the 'classic' league. If you were in it last year, it should automatically enter, once you pick your team.

If not the codes are as follows:

Classic league - 675520-187525
Head to Head - 675520-187529

I'd suggest joining both.

Adrian
30 Jul 2016, 10:44 am #7

Right, I've logged in and renewed the 'classic' league. If you were in it last year, it should automatically enter, once you pick your team.

If not the codes are as follows:

Classic league - 675520-187525
Head to Head - 675520-187529

I'd suggest joining both.

Adrian

06 Aug 2016, 2:24 pm #8
Bumping this up. Gameweek 1 Deadline: 13 Aug 11:30.

Adrian
06 Aug 2016, 2:24 pm #8

Bumping this up. Gameweek 1 Deadline: 13 Aug 11:30.

mb134

06 Aug 2016, 8:15 pm #9
(06 Aug 2016, 2:24 pm)Adrian Bumping this up. Gameweek 1 Deadline: 13 Aug 11:30.
Joined the H2H just now, seem to still be in the Classic.

Hoping to do a bit better this season, given that I've kept up with pre-season etc. Went into GW1 last year picking players on reputation and no research, so a few of my players didn't even start. 

There seems to be lots of very good midfield options this season, and some bizarrely priced forwards.
mb134
06 Aug 2016, 8:15 pm #9

(06 Aug 2016, 2:24 pm)Adrian Bumping this up. Gameweek 1 Deadline: 13 Aug 11:30.
Joined the H2H just now, seem to still be in the Classic.

Hoping to do a bit better this season, given that I've kept up with pre-season etc. Went into GW1 last year picking players on reputation and no research, so a few of my players didn't even start. 

There seems to be lots of very good midfield options this season, and some bizarrely priced forwards.

Andreos1

08 Aug 2016, 6:30 pm #10
I'm in.

Genuinely struggle to pick a team at the start of the season. Unknown propositions from abroad, new managers who have their own ideas...

Played it safe and will no doubt end up using my wildcard after a week or two (as usual).

Andreos1
08 Aug 2016, 6:30 pm #10

I'm in.

Genuinely struggle to pick a team at the start of the season. Unknown propositions from abroad, new managers who have their own ideas...

Played it safe and will no doubt end up using my wildcard after a week or two (as usual).

Tom

08 Aug 2016, 7:03 pm #11
(08 Aug 2016, 6:30 pm)Andreos1 I'm in.

You've just reminded me about this Smile

Will do mine later will probably struggle too as I haven't followed much of the pre season.
Tom
08 Aug 2016, 7:03 pm #11

(08 Aug 2016, 6:30 pm)Andreos1 I'm in.

You've just reminded me about this Smile

Will do mine later will probably struggle too as I haven't followed much of the pre season.

Tom

13 Aug 2016, 9:51 pm #12
Done great in the first week! Only player who got me more than 2 points was Aguero and god knows how Hojberg ended up as captain meant for Aguero to be captain.

Had Diamandoe on the bench and used auto pick for that! Maybe should have used auto pick for my whole team
Tom
13 Aug 2016, 9:51 pm #12

Done great in the first week! Only player who got me more than 2 points was Aguero and god knows how Hojberg ended up as captain meant for Aguero to be captain.

Had Diamandoe on the bench and used auto pick for that! Maybe should have used auto pick for my whole team

mb134

16 Aug 2016, 10:06 pm #13
City put out a full strength team tonight in their Champions League qualifier. Aguero missed two penalties, and still got a hat-trick, thought that may be worth noting before this weekends games. 

Also, just a heads up for anyone who likes to change their team on a Saturday morning, the deadline this gameweek is Friday night at 19:00, due to the Man Utd - Southampton match.
mb134
16 Aug 2016, 10:06 pm #13

City put out a full strength team tonight in their Champions League qualifier. Aguero missed two penalties, and still got a hat-trick, thought that may be worth noting before this weekends games. 

Also, just a heads up for anyone who likes to change their team on a Saturday morning, the deadline this gameweek is Friday night at 19:00, due to the Man Utd - Southampton match.

Andreos1

18 Aug 2016, 9:56 am #14
Is anyone else having problems making a substitution when using your phone?
It's all drag and drop now on the new interface and it just isn't working for me.

Andreos1
18 Aug 2016, 9:56 am #14

Is anyone else having problems making a substitution when using your phone?
It's all drag and drop now on the new interface and it just isn't working for me.

Tom

18 Aug 2016, 10:01 am #15
(18 Aug 2016, 9:56 am)Andreos1 Is anyone else having problems making a substitution when using your phone?

Is that on the app? Works good for me but I know what you mean about the normal webpage on your phone. The app is free this year so might what to try that if you haven't
Tom
18 Aug 2016, 10:01 am #15

(18 Aug 2016, 9:56 am)Andreos1 Is anyone else having problems making a substitution when using your phone?

Is that on the app? Works good for me but I know what you mean about the normal webpage on your phone. The app is free this year so might what to try that if you haven't

Andreos1

18 Aug 2016, 10:03 am #16
(18 Aug 2016, 10:01 am)Tom Is that on the app? Works good for me but I know what you mean about the normal webpage on your phone. The app is free this year so might what to try that if you haven't

Aye, it was on the webpage. Managed to make a substitution earlier in the week, but trying now and it seems impossible.

I forgot about the app to be honest. Might get it installed and see how it goes. Will see what the desktop version is like - might influence my decision.

Andreos1
18 Aug 2016, 10:03 am #16

(18 Aug 2016, 10:01 am)Tom Is that on the app? Works good for me but I know what you mean about the normal webpage on your phone. The app is free this year so might what to try that if you haven't

Aye, it was on the webpage. Managed to make a substitution earlier in the week, but trying now and it seems impossible.

I forgot about the app to be honest. Might get it installed and see how it goes. Will see what the desktop version is like - might influence my decision.

Andreos1

20 Aug 2016, 1:19 pm #17
(16 Aug 2016, 10:06 pm)mb134 City put out a full strength team tonight in their Champions League qualifier. Aguero missed two penalties, and still got a hat-trick, thought that may be worth noting before this weekends games. 

Forgot all about last nights match! Was wanting to make changes, but didn't due to difficulties with the mobile website.

Andreos1
20 Aug 2016, 1:19 pm #17

(16 Aug 2016, 10:06 pm)mb134 City put out a full strength team tonight in their Champions League qualifier. Aguero missed two penalties, and still got a hat-trick, thought that may be worth noting before this weekends games. 

Forgot all about last nights match! Was wanting to make changes, but didn't due to difficulties with the mobile website.

• 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average