Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Local Bus Events CitySightSeeing

CitySightSeeing

CitySightSeeing

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

23 Jul 2016, 7:28 pm #1
I was on the Glasgow tour today, very frequent but it had multi-lingual commentary, I don't think many foreigners come to Glasgow on holiday!
The tours I have done are:
NewcastleGateshead
Glasgow
Edinburgh
York
London
Malta
Singapore
Sydney
Norwich
Bristol 
Belfast

These are just the ones I know off the top of my head, I might've done more!
NK53 TKT
23 Jul 2016, 7:28 pm #1

I was on the Glasgow tour today, very frequent but it had multi-lingual commentary, I don't think many foreigners come to Glasgow on holiday!
The tours I have done are:
NewcastleGateshead
Glasgow
Edinburgh
York
London
Malta
Singapore
Sydney
Norwich
Bristol 
Belfast

S813 FVK

23 Jul 2016, 7:31 pm #2
(23 Jul 2016, 7:28 pm)NK53 TKT I was on the Glasgow tour today, very frequent but it had multi-lingual commentary, I don't think many foreigners come to Glasgow on holiday!

The Citysightseeing and Majestic tours in Edinburgh also have multi-lingual commentary (although I guess that this will be joined by the Edinburgh Tour and possibly Mac Tours depending on what happens to that in the upcoming Gemini upgrade)
S813 FVK
23 Jul 2016, 7:31 pm #2

(23 Jul 2016, 7:28 pm)NK53 TKT I was on the Glasgow tour today, very frequent but it had multi-lingual commentary, I don't think many foreigners come to Glasgow on holiday!

The Citysightseeing and Majestic tours in Edinburgh also have multi-lingual commentary (although I guess that this will be joined by the Edinburgh Tour and possibly Mac Tours depending on what happens to that in the upcoming Gemini upgrade)

23 Jul 2016, 7:43 pm #3
(23 Jul 2016, 7:31 pm)S813 FVK The Citysightseeing and Majestic tours in Edinburgh also have multi-lingual commentary (although I guess that this will be joined by the Edinburgh Tour and possibly Mac Tours depending on what happens to that in the upcoming Gemini upgrade)

I would also say though that Edinburgh would be a more 'touristy' place than Glasgow being the capital though
NK53 TKT
23 Jul 2016, 7:43 pm #3

(23 Jul 2016, 7:31 pm)S813 FVK The Citysightseeing and Majestic tours in Edinburgh also have multi-lingual commentary (although I guess that this will be joined by the Edinburgh Tour and possibly Mac Tours depending on what happens to that in the upcoming Gemini upgrade)

I would also say though that Edinburgh would be a more 'touristy' place than Glasgow being the capital though

S813 FVK

23 Jul 2016, 8:06 pm #4
(23 Jul 2016, 7:43 pm)NK53 TKT I would also say though that Edinburgh would be a more 'touristy' place than Glasgow being the capital though

Yeah - I have always wanted to go to Glasgow though but I have never had the time to go up and have never been on the right side of the country to go up when I have been away.
S813 FVK
23 Jul 2016, 8:06 pm #4

(23 Jul 2016, 7:43 pm)NK53 TKT I would also say though that Edinburgh would be a more 'touristy' place than Glasgow being the capital though

Yeah - I have always wanted to go to Glasgow though but I have never had the time to go up and have never been on the right side of the country to go up when I have been away.

04 Aug 2016, 8:30 am #5
I was on an excursion to see an evening festival on Sunday with CitySightSeeing Malta and we were lied to, we were told it would take 3 three hours end to end but after 1 hour on the bus and still not being there we asked the driver who said we would be back after 6 hours (after midnight) and because my brothers aged 9 and 7 plus my cousins aged 3 and 6 came we had to cancel, we tried to get a refund but ended up being told the tickets were forged when actually in excess of €150 were spent, any ideas as to how the money could be refunded?
NK53 TKT
04 Aug 2016, 8:30 am #5

I was on an excursion to see an evening festival on Sunday with CitySightSeeing Malta and we were lied to, we were told it would take 3 three hours end to end but after 1 hour on the bus and still not being there we asked the driver who said we would be back after 6 hours (after midnight) and because my brothers aged 9 and 7 plus my cousins aged 3 and 6 came we had to cancel, we tried to get a refund but ended up being told the tickets were forged when actually in excess of €150 were spent, any ideas as to how the money could be refunded?

Andreos1

04 Aug 2016, 8:36 am #6
(04 Aug 2016, 8:30 am)NK53 TKT I was on an excursion to see an evening festival on Sunday with CitySightSeeing Malta and we were lied to, we were told it would take 3 three hours end to end but after 1 hour on the bus and still not being there we asked the driver who said we would be back after 6 hours (after midnight) and because my brothers aged 9 and 7 plus my cousins aged 3 and 6 came we had to cancel, we tried to get a refund but ended up being told the tickets were forged when actually in excess of €150 were spent, any ideas as to how the money could be refunded?
If I remember correctly, CitySightSeeing are operated by franchisees. Your first point of call would be to raise a complaint there and then escalate it. There may be contact details and the complaints process online. Google is your friend.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
04 Aug 2016, 8:36 am #6

(04 Aug 2016, 8:30 am)NK53 TKT I was on an excursion to see an evening festival on Sunday with CitySightSeeing Malta and we were lied to, we were told it would take 3 three hours end to end but after 1 hour on the bus and still not being there we asked the driver who said we would be back after 6 hours (after midnight) and because my brothers aged 9 and 7 plus my cousins aged 3 and 6 came we had to cancel, we tried to get a refund but ended up being told the tickets were forged when actually in excess of €150 were spent, any ideas as to how the money could be refunded?
If I remember correctly, CitySightSeeing are operated by franchisees. Your first point of call would be to raise a complaint there and then escalate it. There may be contact details and the complaints process online. Google is your friend.

04 Aug 2016, 8:41 am #7
(04 Aug 2016, 8:36 am)Andreos1 If I remember correctly, CitySightSeeing are operated by franchisees. Your first point of call would be to raise a complaint there and then escalate it. There may be contact details and the complaints process online. Google is your friend.

I don't think this is run by franchises because all the buses are run publically
NK53 TKT
04 Aug 2016, 8:41 am #7

(04 Aug 2016, 8:36 am)Andreos1 If I remember correctly, CitySightSeeing are operated by franchisees. Your first point of call would be to raise a complaint there and then escalate it. There may be contact details and the complaints process online. Google is your friend.

I don't think this is run by franchises because all the buses are run publically

Andreos1

04 Aug 2016, 8:54 am #8
(04 Aug 2016, 8:41 am)NK53 TKT I don't think this is run by franchises because all the buses are run publically

Terravision have the Malta franchise. Tequila makes them happy apparently, but don't ask them about the celebrity hit list Angel

Andreos1
04 Aug 2016, 8:54 am #8

(04 Aug 2016, 8:41 am)NK53 TKT I don't think this is run by franchises because all the buses are run publically

Terravision have the Malta franchise. Tequila makes them happy apparently, but don't ask them about the celebrity hit list Angel

04 Aug 2016, 8:58 am #9
(04 Aug 2016, 8:54 am)Andreos1 Terravision have the Malta franchise. Tequila makes them happy apparently, but don't ask them about the celebrity hit list Angel

Thanks Smile
NK53 TKT
04 Aug 2016, 8:58 am #9

(04 Aug 2016, 8:54 am)Andreos1 Terravision have the Malta franchise. Tequila makes them happy apparently, but don't ask them about the celebrity hit list Angel

Thanks Smile

Andreos1

04 Aug 2016, 9:00 am #10
(04 Aug 2016, 8:58 am)NK53 TKT Thanks Smile

You might need some perseverance, but next time make sure you avoid the middle man Angel

Andreos1
04 Aug 2016, 9:00 am #10

(04 Aug 2016, 8:58 am)NK53 TKT Thanks Smile

You might need some perseverance, but next time make sure you avoid the middle man Angel

04 Aug 2016, 9:03 am #11
(04 Aug 2016, 9:00 am)Andreos1 You might need some perseverance, but next time make sure you avoid the middle man Angel

Yes, three years ago I spent a day on the Malta tour which was great and I am planning a day trip with them this week, just we will book direct!
NK53 TKT
04 Aug 2016, 9:03 am #11

(04 Aug 2016, 9:00 am)Andreos1 You might need some perseverance, but next time make sure you avoid the middle man Angel

Yes, three years ago I spent a day on the Malta tour which was great and I am planning a day trip with them this week, just we will book direct!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average