Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (8) 1 2 38 Next
Michael

01 Nov 2016, 9:08 am #1
(31 Oct 2016, 4:49 pm)cbma06 I wouldn't be surprised if service 20 gets split on Hylton road with half doing the pennywell shops circular and other half turning right and going to south Hylton to replace service 8, there was a mention in the air that service 5 will retain the 30 minute route between Chester road and town but hourly from Chester road to gilley law while the other does hourly from Chester road to south Hylton via Holborn road, Helmsdale road (old 13/14 terminus) Hylton road to south Hylton, soon find out more info when the changes appear on VOSA in a couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only service which i could see getting an increase, would they have enough gas buses though, in total,  they only have 5 spares out of the 40 gas buses. 

Unless its the 18/19 getting increased.... Wink

Have those Enviro's from Scotland entered service yet?, if not, maybe they can used on the new Sunderland express service?
Edited 01 Nov 2016, 2:06 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 Nov 2016, 9:08 am #1

(31 Oct 2016, 4:49 pm)cbma06 I wouldn't be surprised if service 20 gets split on Hylton road with half doing the pennywell shops circular and other half turning right and going to south Hylton to replace service 8, there was a mention in the air that service 5 will retain the 30 minute route between Chester road and town but hourly from Chester road to gilley law while the other does hourly from Chester road to south Hylton via Holborn road, Helmsdale road (old 13/14 terminus) Hylton road to south Hylton, soon find out more info when the changes appear on VOSA in a couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only service which i could see getting an increase, would they have enough gas buses though, in total,  they only have 5 spares out of the 40 gas buses. 

Have those Enviro's from Scotland entered service yet?, if not, maybe they can used on the new Sunderland express service?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

01 Nov 2016, 3:48 pm #2
(28 Oct 2016, 9:05 pm)ifm001 Let the speculation begin.

Xciting Xpress to.............

28039 has been in Newcastle this afternoon, just saying....  Rolleyes  

(01 Nov 2016, 9:08 am)Michael Only service which i could see getting an increase, would they have enough gas buses though, in total,  they only have 5 spares out of the 40 gas buses. 

Earmarked for the 71 tubs if things haven't changed. They have ticket machines fitted so ready to go - being MANs they require a bit of work before service much like the Kinetics.
Edited 01 Nov 2016, 3:53 pm by RBZ 5459.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

RBZ 5459
01 Nov 2016, 3:48 pm #2

(28 Oct 2016, 9:05 pm)ifm001 Let the speculation begin.

Xciting Xpress to.............

28039 has been in Newcastle this afternoon, just saying....  Rolleyes  

(01 Nov 2016, 9:08 am)Michael Only service which i could see getting an increase, would they have enough gas buses though, in total,  they only have 5 spares out of the 40 gas buses. 

Earmarked for the 71 tubs if things haven't changed. They have ticket machines fitted so ready to go - being MANs they require a bit of work before service much like the Kinetics.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

Michael

01 Nov 2016, 3:57 pm #3
(01 Nov 2016, 3:48 pm)RBZ 5459 28039 has been in Newcastle this afternoon, just saying....  Rolleyes  

Probables just route learning, still think we won't see gas buses allocated.  Tongue 

"Earmarked for the 71 tubs if things haven't changed.", tubs? lol
Edited 01 Nov 2016, 4:03 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 Nov 2016, 3:57 pm #3

(01 Nov 2016, 3:48 pm)RBZ 5459 28039 has been in Newcastle this afternoon, just saying....  Rolleyes  

Probables just route learning, still think we won't see gas buses allocated.  Tongue 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

01 Nov 2016, 4:12 pm #4
(01 Nov 2016, 3:57 pm)Michael Probables just route learning, still think we won't see gas buses allocated.  Tongue 

My home region of Cumbria & North Lancs has had it's share of ex-Scottish MANviro dumped on them recently. They're pretty poor, with some having been gave up on already and now disposal - awaiting sale to other regions or even externally purchased...... high depreciation costs resulted in them being offloaded. The North East hasn't even banged on the door of C&NL for them. But you never know, the NE ones might not be bad....
Edited 01 Nov 2016, 4:17 pm by RBZ 5459.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

RBZ 5459
01 Nov 2016, 4:12 pm #4

(01 Nov 2016, 3:57 pm)Michael Probables just route learning, still think we won't see gas buses allocated.  Tongue 

My home region of Cumbria & North Lancs has had it's share of ex-Scottish MANviro dumped on them recently. They're pretty poor, with some having been gave up on already and now disposal - awaiting sale to other regions or even externally purchased...... high depreciation costs resulted in them being offloaded. The North East hasn't even banged on the door of C&NL for them. But you never know, the NE ones might not be bad....

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

Michael

01 Nov 2016, 4:18 pm #5
(01 Nov 2016, 4:12 pm)RBZ 5459 My home region of Cumbria & North Lancs has had it's share of ex-Scottish MANviro dumped on them. They're pretty poor, with some having been gave up on and now disposal - awaiting sale to other regions or even externally purchased...... high depreciation costs resulted in them being offloaded. The North East hasn't even banged on the door of C&NL for them. But you never know, the NE ones might not be bad....

I was confused by the word you used, haha 

Hopefully, i just think using gas buses is a massive risk, more likely just normal enviro's, but i wonder if they would offer WIFI.... 

Do you know the route of the express in Newcastle?, like where it'll end?, in Sunderland it should start from Wilkinsons and then have it leave via Holmeside and Green Terrance - not sure on Park Lane, to me that's to far to walk from where other Stagecoach Sunderland buses stop.
Edited 01 Nov 2016, 4:37 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 Nov 2016, 4:18 pm #5

(01 Nov 2016, 4:12 pm)RBZ 5459 My home region of Cumbria & North Lancs has had it's share of ex-Scottish MANviro dumped on them. They're pretty poor, with some having been gave up on and now disposal - awaiting sale to other regions or even externally purchased...... high depreciation costs resulted in them being offloaded. The North East hasn't even banged on the door of C&NL for them. But you never know, the NE ones might not be bad....

I was confused by the word you used, haha 

Hopefully, i just think using gas buses is a massive risk, more likely just normal enviro's, but i wonder if they would offer WIFI.... 

Do you know the route of the express in Newcastle?, like where it'll end?, in Sunderland it should start from Wilkinsons and then have it leave via Holmeside and Green Terrance - not sure on Park Lane, to me that's to far to walk from where other Stagecoach Sunderland buses stop.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

V514DFT

01 Nov 2016, 8:59 pm #6
(01 Nov 2016, 4:18 pm)Michael I was confused by the word you used, haha 

Green Terrance,im not Green
V514DFT
01 Nov 2016, 8:59 pm #6

Green Terrance,im not Green

LVK 404L

01 Nov 2016, 9:05 pm #7

One thing to remember though. the south shields route to Newcastle service X34 does not operate actually into South Shields so it may be possible the Sunderland operation may not operate into the City of Sunderland either. I've mentioned before the original idea for the X34 was to serve areas that did not have a metro nearby. 

But I do agree we now need to move this chat to the upcoming service change thread.

Admin can you sort this please?
LVK 404L
01 Nov 2016, 9:05 pm #7

One thing to remember though. the south shields route to Newcastle service X34 does not operate actually into South Shields so it may be possible the Sunderland operation may not operate into the City of Sunderland either. I've mentioned before the original idea for the X34 was to serve areas that did not have a metro nearby. 

But I do agree we now need to move this chat to the upcoming service change thread.

Michael

01 Nov 2016, 9:20 pm #8
(01 Nov 2016, 8:59 pm)V514DFT Green Terrance,im not Green

What?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 Nov 2016, 9:20 pm #8

(01 Nov 2016, 8:59 pm)V514DFT Green Terrance,im not Green

What?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

01 Nov 2016, 9:23 pm #9
(01 Nov 2016, 9:05 pm)ifm001 One thing to remember though. the south shields route to Newcastle service X34 does not operate actually into South Shields so it may be possible the Sunderland operation may not operate into the City of Sunderland either. I've mentioned before the original idea for the X34 was to serve areas that did not have a metro nearby. 

For it to work, it needs to go where people will go for it, no point in having start at Park Lane when no other Stagecoach Sunderland service goes in (expect for the X1), means people have to walk back up to Park Lane for it, think that might put people off.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 Nov 2016, 9:23 pm #9

(01 Nov 2016, 9:05 pm)ifm001 One thing to remember though. the south shields route to Newcastle service X34 does not operate actually into South Shields so it may be possible the Sunderland operation may not operate into the City of Sunderland either. I've mentioned before the original idea for the X34 was to serve areas that did not have a metro nearby. 

For it to work, it needs to go where people will go for it, no point in having start at Park Lane when no other Stagecoach Sunderland service goes in (expect for the X1), means people have to walk back up to Park Lane for it, think that might put people off.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Tom

01 Nov 2016, 9:56 pm #10
(01 Nov 2016, 9:23 pm)Michael For it to work, it needs to go where people will go for it, no point in having start at Park Lane when no other Stagecoach Sunderland service goes in (expect for the X1), means people have to walk back up to Park Lane for it, think that might put people off.

Wonder if it will maybe start at somewhere else other than the city (not a clue where though) and not service Sunderland at all?
Tom
01 Nov 2016, 9:56 pm #10

(01 Nov 2016, 9:23 pm)Michael For it to work, it needs to go where people will go for it, no point in having start at Park Lane when no other Stagecoach Sunderland service goes in (expect for the X1), means people have to walk back up to Park Lane for it, think that might put people off.

Wonder if it will maybe start at somewhere else other than the city (not a clue where though) and not service Sunderland at all?

Michael

01 Nov 2016, 10:00 pm #11
(01 Nov 2016, 9:56 pm)Tom Wonder if it will maybe start at somewhere else other than the city (not a clue where though) and not service Sunderland at all?

It might, just think the city centre is the best place to start it, as all of the services currently go in to the city centre.

Hopefully the changss appear on vosa in the next couple of weeks

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 Nov 2016, 10:00 pm #11

(01 Nov 2016, 9:56 pm)Tom Wonder if it will maybe start at somewhere else other than the city (not a clue where though) and not service Sunderland at all?

It might, just think the city centre is the best place to start it, as all of the services currently go in to the city centre.

Hopefully the changss appear on vosa in the next couple of weeks

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

01 Nov 2016, 11:10 pm #12

I think the fact that a Gas Bus present in Newcastle, and that Sunderland's only likely connection to an unlinked SC region would also be Newcastle, is about as close to the wibble that can be said for now. But if this happened to be pulled off... I'd hope SC tackle it head on with competitors, as we've seen the cutting and culling of services like the X3/X35, plus train and Metro to compete with.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

RBZ 5459
01 Nov 2016, 11:10 pm #12

I think the fact that a Gas Bus present in Newcastle, and that Sunderland's only likely connection to an unlinked SC region would also be Newcastle, is about as close to the wibble that can be said for now. But if this happened to be pulled off... I'd hope SC tackle it head on with competitors, as we've seen the cutting and culling of services like the X3/X35, plus train and Metro to compete with.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

Michael

02 Nov 2016, 9:20 am #13
(01 Nov 2016, 11:10 pm)RBZ 5459 I think the fact that a Gas Bus present in Newcastle, and that Sunderland's only likely connection to an unlinked SC region would also be Newcastle, is about as close to the wibble that can be said for now. But if this happened to be pulled off... I'd hope SC tackle it head on with competitors, as we've seen the cutting and culling of services like the X3/X35, plus train and Metro to compete with.

Same, i think they should off WIFI first and then see where that gets them, maybe new buses if its so successful, not sure how long Stagecoach run a service before they call it successful though for it be giving new buses though!

Only way to really avoid is the metro is via Chester Road and the A19. - although u still have the Uni and Milfield as the 2 closest stations.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
02 Nov 2016, 9:20 am #13

(01 Nov 2016, 11:10 pm)RBZ 5459 I think the fact that a Gas Bus present in Newcastle, and that Sunderland's only likely connection to an unlinked SC region would also be Newcastle, is about as close to the wibble that can be said for now. But if this happened to be pulled off... I'd hope SC tackle it head on with competitors, as we've seen the cutting and culling of services like the X3/X35, plus train and Metro to compete with.

Same, i think they should off WIFI first and then see where that gets them, maybe new buses if its so successful, not sure how long Stagecoach run a service before they call it successful though for it be giving new buses though!

Only way to really avoid is the metro is via Chester Road and the A19. - although u still have the Uni and Milfield as the 2 closest stations.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

02 Nov 2016, 11:09 am #14
Just to pick up on a few things about the new express service.

Don't the E services use Park Lane?

I'm also wondering if they will stick to the same method that has proven successful with the X34 and terminate the service in an estate. Those city-centre to Estate type services have been around for years. One benefit to the X34 is Boldon. Shoppers and workers can use the X34 locally or to travel in to Newcastle. It is also close to the major road network.

Assuming the same model will be transferred to this new service, where in Sunderland doesn't have access to the metro, where is there significant housing and where is there a decent retail or employment opportunities?
Doxford Park/International is jumping out and hits similar criteria to the ones that Boldon does. 
If it is serving Doxford Park/International, are we looking at a Ryhope or Grangetown type terminus?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
02 Nov 2016, 11:09 am #14

Just to pick up on a few things about the new express service.

I'm also wondering if they will stick to the same method that has proven successful with the X34 and terminate the service in an estate. Those city-centre to Estate type services have been around for years. One benefit to the X34 is Boldon. Shoppers and workers can use the X34 locally or to travel in to Newcastle. It is also close to the major road network.

Assuming the same model will be transferred to this new service, where in Sunderland doesn't have access to the metro, where is there significant housing and where is there a decent retail or employment opportunities?
Doxford Park/International is jumping out and hits similar criteria to the ones that Boldon does. 
If it is serving Doxford Park/International, are we looking at a Ryhope or Grangetown type terminus?

Michael

02 Nov 2016, 11:24 am #15
(02 Nov 2016, 11:09 am)Andreos1 Just to pick up on a few things about the new express service.

Didn't think about Doxford intentional.

Doxford Park shops- Doxford International - A19 - Newcastle Eldon Square? - Hourly  (only went to Eldon Square because it just appeared)

So i went on Google maps and did a map, it came to around 1 hour 10-1 hour 20 minutes on the route above.... so the PVR would be 3  (not sure the time is right though)
Edited 02 Nov 2016, 11:31 am by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
02 Nov 2016, 11:24 am #15

(02 Nov 2016, 11:09 am)Andreos1 Just to pick up on a few things about the new express service.

Didn't think about Doxford intentional.

Doxford Park shops- Doxford International - A19 - Newcastle Eldon Square? - Hourly  (only went to Eldon Square because it just appeared)

So i went on Google maps and did a map, it came to around 1 hour 10-1 hour 20 minutes on the route above.... so the PVR would be 3  (not sure the time is right though)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

02 Nov 2016, 11:42 am #16
(02 Nov 2016, 11:24 am)Michael Didn't think about Doxford intentional.

I could be miles off! Just based this new route on a similar model to the X34. Doxford Park just seems to hit the same criteria.
There was an Express to Newcastle years ago, before it was developed and the likes of Morrisons and the business park appeared.

Andreos1
02 Nov 2016, 11:42 am #16

(02 Nov 2016, 11:24 am)Michael Didn't think about Doxford intentional.

I could be miles off! Just based this new route on a similar model to the X34. Doxford Park just seems to hit the same criteria.
There was an Express to Newcastle years ago, before it was developed and the likes of Morrisons and the business park appeared.

Michael

02 Nov 2016, 11:47 am #17
(02 Nov 2016, 11:42 am)Andreos1 I could be miles off! Just based this new route on a similar model to the X34. Doxford Park just seems to hit the same criteria.

Every suggestion on here to where it'll start could be wrong, it could start somewhere unexpected.

Still think starting it at Wilkinsons in Sunderland city centre is the best idea though but that's just me, don't get me wrong, i like the suggestion it could start from Doxford Park, it does seem more logical because of how the X34 works.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
02 Nov 2016, 11:47 am #17

(02 Nov 2016, 11:42 am)Andreos1 I could be miles off! Just based this new route on a similar model to the X34. Doxford Park just seems to hit the same criteria.

Every suggestion on here to where it'll start could be wrong, it could start somewhere unexpected.

Still think starting it at Wilkinsons in Sunderland city centre is the best idea though but that's just me, don't get me wrong, i like the suggestion it could start from Doxford Park, it does seem more logical because of how the X34 works.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

02 Nov 2016, 12:27 pm #18
47751 is currently going loan to Walkergate from Morecambe, although not confirmed to C&NL what on earth for.

EDIT: it expired on the M6, probably won't be repaired either.
Edited 02 Nov 2016, 2:28 pm by RBZ 5459. Edit Reason: Arriving today rather

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

RBZ 5459
02 Nov 2016, 12:27 pm #18

47751 is currently going loan to Walkergate from Morecambe, although not confirmed to C&NL what on earth for.

EDIT: it expired on the M6, probably won't be repaired either.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

cbma06

02 Nov 2016, 1:47 pm #19

there could do roughly:  start from Grangetown old terminus-Ryhope-across to Doxford Park-Farringdon-Gilley Law-Thorney Close-Grindon-Hastings Hill-A19-Gateshead-Newcastle Undecided as other areas have the Metro close by.

cbma06
02 Nov 2016, 1:47 pm #19

there could do roughly:  start from Grangetown old terminus-Ryhope-across to Doxford Park-Farringdon-Gilley Law-Thorney Close-Grindon-Hastings Hill-A19-Gateshead-Newcastle Undecided as other areas have the Metro close by.

04 Nov 2016, 7:33 pm #20
22574 parked up in Sunderland with a surprise branding. Apologies for the poor photo I only had my phone with me
Edited 04 Nov 2016, 7:34 pm by Dans_bus_photos.
Attached Files
.jpg
22574.JPG
Size 1.16 MB / Downloads 95
Dans_bus_photos
04 Nov 2016, 7:33 pm #20

22574 parked up in Sunderland with a surprise branding. Apologies for the poor photo I only had my phone with me

Attached Files
.jpg
22574.JPG
Size 1.16 MB / Downloads 95

Pages (8) 1 2 38 Next

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average