Woodys
This long established taxi operator is now running local services in North Northumberland. They have an evening town service in Berwick to replace journeys withdrawn by Perrymans.

They've just started a shuttle from Haggerston Castle to Lindisfarne. There's also a local service running on the island.

They are using a special restricted operator licence to run the services. Normally 8 seater LDV Maxus minibuses running on taxi plates. Their depot is a short walk from Perrymans at Berwick. They also have Berwick's only party bus.

Well worth a look I recon.

Charles
(06/04/2018, 21:44)Charles41 Wrote: This long established taxi operator is now running local services in North Northumberland. They have an evening town service in Berwick to replace journeys withdrawn by Perrymans.

They've just started a shuttle from Haggerston  Castle to Lindisfarne. There's also a local service running on the island.

They are using a special restricted operator licence to run the services. Normally 8 seater LDV Maxus minibuses running on taxi plates. Their depot is a short walk from Perrymans at Berwick. They also have Berwick's only party bus.

Well worth a look I recon.

Charles

The local evening B1 journeys that they run are part of a 3 month trial supported by NCC, because Borders Buses would not continue to run them commercially. The trial period appears to have been unsuccessful from what I can gather and I doubt it will be continuing much into the future.
Check out my Flickr - www.flickr.com/cobalt512
Appears Woodys have a very funny facebook ad

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...3123895211
Woodys have recently acquired an ex SPT VW Bluebird unsure of reg. They've also bought LDV Convoy MH06WCU from PCL.
Check out my Flickr - www.flickr.com/cobalt512