Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Arriva North East: Planned Industrial Action

Arriva North East: Planned Industrial Action

Arriva North East: Planned Industrial Action

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (8) Previous 1 2 3 48 Next
Michael

10 Dec 2018, 8:53 pm #41
Anyone know which services will be running next week?, haven't seen anymore information on this.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
10 Dec 2018, 8:53 pm #41

Anyone know which services will be running next week?, haven't seen anymore information on this.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jimmi

10 Dec 2018, 8:57 pm #42
(10 Dec 2018, 8:53 pm)Michael Anyone know which services will be running next week?, haven't seen anymore information on this.

Their Facebook page is claiming Arriva are working on publishing the timetables and a update will be available no later than Wednesday morning
Edited 10 Dec 2018, 9:00 pm by Jimmi.
Jimmi
10 Dec 2018, 8:57 pm #42

(10 Dec 2018, 8:53 pm)Michael Anyone know which services will be running next week?, haven't seen anymore information on this.

Their Facebook page is claiming Arriva are working on publishing the timetables and a update will be available no later than Wednesday morning

Michael

10 Dec 2018, 8:59 pm #43
(10 Dec 2018, 8:57 pm)Jimmi Their Facebook page is claiming to be working on publishing the timetables and a update will be available no later than Wednesday morning

Ah that's good, its not like i use Arriva, was just interested to see what they're running.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
10 Dec 2018, 8:59 pm #43

(10 Dec 2018, 8:57 pm)Jimmi Their Facebook page is claiming to be working on publishing the timetables and a update will be available no later than Wednesday morning

Ah that's good, its not like i use Arriva, was just interested to see what they're running.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

tvd

12 Dec 2018, 7:25 pm #44
What are Arriva's reasons for having a lower rate of pay for the southern part of the north east, than the northern depots?
tvd
12 Dec 2018, 7:25 pm #44

What are Arriva's reasons for having a lower rate of pay for the southern part of the north east, than the northern depots?

L469 YVK

12 Dec 2018, 10:36 pm #45
(12 Dec 2018, 7:25 pm)tvd What are Arriva's reasons for having a lower rate of pay for the southern part of the north east, than the northern depots?

I think it must go back to when Durham & Teesside was United and Northumbria was Northumbria. Quote me if I'm wrong though, just a general guess.
L469 YVK
12 Dec 2018, 10:36 pm #45

(12 Dec 2018, 7:25 pm)tvd What are Arriva's reasons for having a lower rate of pay for the southern part of the north east, than the northern depots?

I think it must go back to when Durham & Teesside was United and Northumbria was Northumbria. Quote me if I'm wrong though, just a general guess.

RobinHood

13 Dec 2018, 6:28 am #46

Historically different companies with different T&C.

Northumbria drivers don't have paid meal breaks, so their basic hourly rate is higher too.

Durham County still have a significant number of drivers who do get paid meal breaks, although since around 2016 new drivers to that part of the company don't get them.
RobinHood
13 Dec 2018, 6:28 am #46

Historically different companies with different T&C.

Northumbria drivers don't have paid meal breaks, so their basic hourly rate is higher too.

Durham County still have a significant number of drivers who do get paid meal breaks, although since around 2016 new drivers to that part of the company don't get them.

cbma06

13 Dec 2018, 2:48 pm #47
A few days ago a GNE bus pulled up at Wheatley hill outside a newsagent and driver went inside and somebody asked the driver why the bus was outside and the driver said that he was route learning the 22 due to the upcoming strike, I wouldn’t of thought gne would step in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
13 Dec 2018, 2:48 pm #47

A few days ago a GNE bus pulled up at Wheatley hill outside a newsagent and driver went inside and somebody asked the driver why the bus was outside and the driver said that he was route learning the 22 due to the upcoming strike, I wouldn’t of thought gne would step in.

Dan

Site Administrator

13 Dec 2018, 2:50 pm #48
(13 Dec 2018, 2:48 pm)cbma06 A few days ago a GNE bus pulled up at Wheatley hill outside a newsagent and driver went inside and somebody asked the driver why the bus was outside and the driver said that he was route learning the 22 due to the upcoming strike, I wouldn’t of thought gne would step in.

I don't think this will happen - how could Go North East operate (and presumably take fares on) a service which they have not registered with the traffic commissioner?

Duplicating existing services which compete, and/or upgrading capacity on some routes, maybe.
Dan
13 Dec 2018, 2:50 pm #48

(13 Dec 2018, 2:48 pm)cbma06 A few days ago a GNE bus pulled up at Wheatley hill outside a newsagent and driver went inside and somebody asked the driver why the bus was outside and the driver said that he was route learning the 22 due to the upcoming strike, I wouldn’t of thought gne would step in.

I don't think this will happen - how could Go North East operate (and presumably take fares on) a service which they have not registered with the traffic commissioner?

Duplicating existing services which compete, and/or upgrading capacity on some routes, maybe.

cbma06

13 Dec 2018, 2:54 pm #49
(13 Dec 2018, 2:50 pm)Dan I don't think this will happen - how could Go North East operate (and presumably take fares on) a service which they have not registered with the traffic commissioner?

I wasn’t there, I was told by someone else, otherwise I would of asked a few questions, I thought it was a it weird as well , I know in the past that services can be registered after the commencing date under certain circumstances. Just have to wait and see if the strike goes ahead, just I thought I might put it here just I case anybody else has heard anything.

cbma06
13 Dec 2018, 2:54 pm #49

(13 Dec 2018, 2:50 pm)Dan I don't think this will happen - how could Go North East operate (and presumably take fares on) a service which they have not registered with the traffic commissioner?

I wasn’t there, I was told by someone else, otherwise I would of asked a few questions, I thought it was a it weird as well , I know in the past that services can be registered after the commencing date under certain circumstances. Just have to wait and see if the strike goes ahead, just I thought I might put it here just I case anybody else has heard anything.

Cock Robin

13 Dec 2018, 4:37 pm #50
(13 Dec 2018, 6:28 am)RobinHood Historically different companies with different T&C.

Historically they were the same company!

(13 Dec 2018, 2:54 pm)cbma06 I wasn’t there, I was told by someone else, otherwise I would of asked a few questions, I thought it was a it weird as well , I know in the past that services can be registered after the commencing date under certain circumstances. Just have to wait and see if the strike goes ahead, just I thought I might put it here just I case anybody else has heard anything.

I'm sure anyone who wanted to cover missing Arriva services during the strike would be granted short notice registrations? Would obviously depend on the skeleton service proposed though?
Edited 13 Dec 2018, 4:40 pm by Cock Robin.
Cock Robin
13 Dec 2018, 4:37 pm #50

(13 Dec 2018, 6:28 am)RobinHood Historically different companies with different T&C.

Historically they were the same company!

(13 Dec 2018, 2:54 pm)cbma06 I wasn’t there, I was told by someone else, otherwise I would of asked a few questions, I thought it was a it weird as well , I know in the past that services can be registered after the commencing date under certain circumstances. Just have to wait and see if the strike goes ahead, just I thought I might put it here just I case anybody else has heard anything.

I'm sure anyone who wanted to cover missing Arriva services during the strike would be granted short notice registrations? Would obviously depend on the skeleton service proposed though?

Michael

13 Dec 2018, 5:58 pm #51
Still no information on which services will be running.......

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
13 Dec 2018, 5:58 pm #51

Still no information on which services will be running.......

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

13 Dec 2018, 6:12 pm #52
(13 Dec 2018, 5:58 pm)Michael Still no information on which services will be running.......

They probably wont know themselves till they see how many drivers turn up for work. Im pretty sure when workers are planning on going on strike they dont need to inform their employer that they are going on strike or not.
Dans_bus_photos
13 Dec 2018, 6:12 pm #52

(13 Dec 2018, 5:58 pm)Michael Still no information on which services will be running.......

They probably wont know themselves till they see how many drivers turn up for work. Im pretty sure when workers are planning on going on strike they dont need to inform their employer that they are going on strike or not.

Jimmi

13 Dec 2018, 6:26 pm #53
Supposedly getting some info today but then again we were promised information about what would be running by no later than yesterday morning, so take that with a pinch of salt and this "information" will no doubt just end up being another post saying more talks will be taking place tomorrow (assuming the matter hasn't been resolved, which so far appears to be the case although who knows really?!)
Jimmi
13 Dec 2018, 6:26 pm #53

Supposedly getting some info today but then again we were promised information about what would be running by no later than yesterday morning, so take that with a pinch of salt and this "information" will no doubt just end up being another post saying more talks will be taking place tomorrow (assuming the matter hasn't been resolved, which so far appears to be the case although who knows really?!)

Pulsar

14 Dec 2018, 6:09 pm #54
No official update yet but a lot of people on Facebook saying this strike has been cancelled. Does anybody know if this is correct?

My Flickr Account - Photos from the North East and Beyond.
Pulsar
14 Dec 2018, 6:09 pm #54

No official update yet but a lot of people on Facebook saying this strike has been cancelled. Does anybody know if this is correct?

cbma06

14 Dec 2018, 6:09 pm #55
Received this information from the college:

https://www.eastdurham.ac.uk/arriva-update

Edited 14 Dec 2018, 6:10 pm by cbma06.

cbma06
14 Dec 2018, 6:09 pm #55

Received this information from the college:

https://www.eastdurham.ac.uk/arriva-update

Jimmi

14 Dec 2018, 6:28 pm #56
(14 Dec 2018, 6:09 pm)Pulsar No official update yet but a lot of people on Facebook saying this strike has been cancelled. Does anybody know if this is correct?
Supposedly true, driver on my 7 has just announced its off as of 5 minutes ago. Hearing other drivers confirming the news

Supposedly it has been postponed until the new year
Edited 14 Dec 2018, 6:31 pm by Jimmi.
Jimmi
14 Dec 2018, 6:28 pm #56

(14 Dec 2018, 6:09 pm)Pulsar No official update yet but a lot of people on Facebook saying this strike has been cancelled. Does anybody know if this is correct?
Supposedly true, driver on my 7 has just announced its off as of 5 minutes ago. Hearing other drivers confirming the news

Pulsar

14 Dec 2018, 6:36 pm #57
(14 Dec 2018, 6:28 pm)Jimmi Supposedly true, driver on my 7 has just announced its off as of 5 minutes ago. Hearing other drivers confirming the news

Thanks for the update. Good news for passengers involved, will just have to see what happens in January now.

Pulsar
14 Dec 2018, 6:36 pm #57

(14 Dec 2018, 6:28 pm)Jimmi Supposedly true, driver on my 7 has just announced its off as of 5 minutes ago. Hearing other drivers confirming the news

Thanks for the update. Good news for passengers involved, will just have to see what happens in January now.

Jimmi

14 Dec 2018, 7:01 pm #58

Confirmed, normal service next week.
Jimmi
14 Dec 2018, 7:01 pm #58

Confirmed, normal service next week.

Andreos1

14 Dec 2018, 7:14 pm #59
https://twitter.com/arrivanortheast/stat...93248?s=19

Yeah, officially off.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
14 Dec 2018, 7:14 pm #59

https://twitter.com/arrivanortheast/stat...93248?s=19

Yeah, officially off.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Multi21

15 Dec 2018, 4:16 am #60
Anyone got a spare bottle... Unite just lost their's..
Multi21
15 Dec 2018, 4:16 am #60

Anyone got a spare bottle... Unite just lost their's..

Pages (8) Previous 1 2 3 48 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average