Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East North Tyneside service changes - March 2020

North Tyneside service changes - March 2020

North Tyneside service changes - March 2020

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (7) 1 2 37 Next
15 Jan 2020, 1:20 pm #1
Got a GCT driver bragging that they've won a number of contracts from GNE. Routes mentioned are Whitley Bay locals, 11 (eve / sun), Washington locals (evenings), 19. He claims they have gotten a lot of contracts.

Sadly he is taking great pleasure in the fact that PM has lost a lot of work.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
15 Jan 2020, 1:20 pm #1

Got a GCT driver bragging that they've won a number of contracts from GNE. Routes mentioned are Whitley Bay locals, 11 (eve / sun), Washington locals (evenings), 19. He claims they have gotten a lot of contracts.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

JP6004

15 Jan 2020, 2:21 pm #2
(15 Jan 2020, 1:20 pm)Rapidsnap Got a GCT driver bragging that they've won a number of contracts from GNE. Routes mentioned are Whitley Bay locals, 11 (eve / sun), Washington locals (evenings), 19. He claims they have gotten a lot of contracts.

To be fair I'd be well annoyed if I lived in those areas affected as my ticket would not be valid on those services. Really cant understand why if routes are run by certain companies during the day, why there should be a change of operator and muck people about so they pay extra to travel
JP6004
15 Jan 2020, 2:21 pm #2

(15 Jan 2020, 1:20 pm)Rapidsnap Got a GCT driver bragging that they've won a number of contracts from GNE. Routes mentioned are Whitley Bay locals, 11 (eve / sun), Washington locals (evenings), 19. He claims they have gotten a lot of contracts.

To be fair I'd be well annoyed if I lived in those areas affected as my ticket would not be valid on those services. Really cant understand why if routes are run by certain companies during the day, why there should be a change of operator and muck people about so they pay extra to travel

V514DFT

15 Jan 2020, 2:59 pm #3
Didnt a similar thing happen to the 17,after about 7PM Phoenix took over,with the 17A skipping Holy Cross but used to run so you would easily connect with the 17,but im sure back then Phoenix used to accept GNE tickets

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
15 Jan 2020, 2:59 pm #3

Didnt a similar thing happen to the 17,after about 7PM Phoenix took over,with the 17A skipping Holy Cross but used to run so you would easily connect with the 17,but im sure back then Phoenix used to accept GNE tickets

Kind Regards
Tez

15 Jan 2020, 3:03 pm #4
(15 Jan 2020, 2:21 pm)JP6004 To be fair I'd be well annoyed if I lived in those areas affected as my ticket would not be valid on those services. Really cant understand why if routes are run by certain companies during the day, why there should be a change of operator and muck people about so they pay extra to travel

It's the same with the 86 in Bishop, Arriva run it during the day, but GNE run it in the evenings!
streetdeckfan
15 Jan 2020, 3:03 pm #4

(15 Jan 2020, 2:21 pm)JP6004 To be fair I'd be well annoyed if I lived in those areas affected as my ticket would not be valid on those services. Really cant understand why if routes are run by certain companies during the day, why there should be a change of operator and muck people about so they pay extra to travel

It's the same with the 86 in Bishop, Arriva run it during the day, but GNE run it in the evenings!

Dan

Site Administrator

15 Jan 2020, 3:39 pm #5

The Washington work hasn’t been awarded yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan
15 Jan 2020, 3:39 pm #5

The Washington work hasn’t been awarded yet.

2bagstew

15 Jan 2020, 3:48 pm #6
(15 Jan 2020, 3:03 pm)streetdeckfan It's the same with the 86 in Bishop, Arriva run it during the day, but GNE run it in the evenings!

Exactly the same with Arriva X21/X22 then on the night time GNE 239 is the replacement between Peterlee and Sedgefield.
I have asked DCC about about using Arriva tickets on their 239 service I’m still waiting for a reply that was months ago

Sent from my iPhone 8+ using Tapatalk
2bagstew
15 Jan 2020, 3:48 pm #6

(15 Jan 2020, 3:03 pm)streetdeckfan It's the same with the 86 in Bishop, Arriva run it during the day, but GNE run it in the evenings!

Exactly the same with Arriva X21/X22 then on the night time GNE 239 is the replacement between Peterlee and Sedgefield.
I have asked DCC about about using Arriva tickets on their 239 service I’m still waiting for a reply that was months ago

idiot

15 Jan 2020, 4:22 pm #7
Unfortunately this happens when operatiors claim there isn't enough profit to run services.
idiot
15 Jan 2020, 4:22 pm #7

Unfortunately this happens when operatiors claim there isn't enough profit to run services.

15 Jan 2020, 4:25 pm #8
(15 Jan 2020, 3:48 pm)2bagstew Exactly the same with Arriva X21/X22 then on the night time GNE 239 is the replacement between Peterlee and Sedgefield.

At least they have a different number. Both Arrive and GNE operate the 86, and don't accept each others tickets.
They had the same issue when GNE ran some X46 services between Durham and Crook. The amount of people who got angry with the driver because they couldn't use their Arriva ticket was surprising. The average person would just think an X46 is an X46!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
15 Jan 2020, 4:25 pm #8

(15 Jan 2020, 3:48 pm)2bagstew Exactly the same with Arriva X21/X22 then on the night time GNE 239 is the replacement between Peterlee and Sedgefield.

At least they have a different number. Both Arrive and GNE operate the 86, and don't accept each others tickets.
They had the same issue when GNE ran some X46 services between Durham and Crook. The amount of people who got angry with the driver because they couldn't use their Arriva ticket was surprising. The average person would just think an X46 is an X46!

cbma06

15 Jan 2020, 5:06 pm #9

The 239 used to be a daytime service aswell, there’s no way that arriva tickets should be accepted on a service which is secured by another operator because arriva saying its not profitable.

Secured services on evenings and sundays shouldn’t be operated by the same company who says that there are not profitable and themselves wanting to run the service using taxpayers money for there own greed

cbma06
15 Jan 2020, 5:06 pm #9

The 239 used to be a daytime service aswell, there’s no way that arriva tickets should be accepted on a service which is secured by another operator because arriva saying its not profitable.

Secured services on evenings and sundays shouldn’t be operated by the same company who says that there are not profitable and themselves wanting to run the service using taxpayers money for there own greed

Rob44

15 Jan 2020, 6:58 pm #10
The 29 kibblesworth to gateshad was a secured service. I heard that GNE found out they were going to loose it to another operator so told NEXUS they would run it commercially ( at a loss) to make sure there was no compensation from another operator.
Rob44
15 Jan 2020, 6:58 pm #10

The 29 kibblesworth to gateshad was a secured service. I heard that GNE found out they were going to loose it to another operator so told NEXUS they would run it commercially ( at a loss) to make sure there was no compensation from another operator.

Storx

15 Jan 2020, 10:07 pm #11

Since when has the 11 been a subsidised service at night? Always thought it was commercial.

It's crazy how much the Whitley Bay -> North Shields / Wallsend market via the Hospital / Rake Lane has just died over the last 15 years. There used to be the 30 minute 17/317(11) with full size buzes, the 20 minute 10/10A/11/12(57A Evening/Sun), 326/327(W4?) every 15 minutes and the hourly 337. Now it's down to a half hourly minibus service on the 11 and the half hourly 306 which covers Morrisons only.

Not to mention the Whitley's were all ran by Arriva at the time with the branded new'ish MPD's not Gateshead Taxi's or whatever runs them nowadays. (GNE Excluded).

I'm not saying there needed to be that many buses mind.
Storx
15 Jan 2020, 10:07 pm #11

Since when has the 11 been a subsidised service at night? Always thought it was commercial.

It's crazy how much the Whitley Bay -> North Shields / Wallsend market via the Hospital / Rake Lane has just died over the last 15 years. There used to be the 30 minute 17/317(11) with full size buzes, the 20 minute 10/10A/11/12(57A Evening/Sun), 326/327(W4?) every 15 minutes and the hourly 337. Now it's down to a half hourly minibus service on the 11 and the half hourly 306 which covers Morrisons only.

Not to mention the Whitley's were all ran by Arriva at the time with the branded new'ish MPD's not Gateshead Taxi's or whatever runs them nowadays. (GNE Excluded).

I'm not saying there needed to be that many buses mind.

BusLoverMum

16 Jan 2020, 12:07 am #12
(15 Jan 2020, 4:25 pm)streetdeckfan At least they have a different number. Both Arrive and GNE operate the 86, and don't accept each others tickets.

Wasn't that only ever one service a day?
BusLoverMum
16 Jan 2020, 12:07 am #12

(15 Jan 2020, 4:25 pm)streetdeckfan At least they have a different number. Both Arrive and GNE operate the 86, and don't accept each others tickets.

Wasn't that only ever one service a day?

16 Jan 2020, 12:09 am #13
(16 Jan 2020, 12:07 am)BusLoverMum Wasn't that only ever one service a day?

Twice in the morning Crook to Durham, then twice in the evening Durham to Crook. 
I used to use it when staying at my mother's.
The evening one would be a run from Bishop to Durham then on to Crook so I would do that instead of getting the X1
streetdeckfan
16 Jan 2020, 12:09 am #13

(16 Jan 2020, 12:07 am)BusLoverMum Wasn't that only ever one service a day?

Twice in the morning Crook to Durham, then twice in the evening Durham to Crook. 
I used to use it when staying at my mother's.
The evening one would be a run from Bishop to Durham then on to Crook so I would do that instead of getting the X1

2bagstew

16 Jan 2020, 12:41 pm #14
(15 Jan 2020, 5:06 pm)cbma06 The 239 used to be a daytime service aswell, there’s no way that arriva tickets should be accepted on a service which is secured by another operator because arriva saying its not profitable.

The DCC 239 was a merge of the United/Arriva 234 between Peterlee and Sedgefield and United/Arriva 240 between Easington Village and Peterlee
The previous United 239/240 were circulars between Easington and Durham then later with the take over of TMS United had another 239 Easington and Trimdon Village to replace the TMS 235 that didn’t last long.

When SB ran the 58A Durham to Hartlepool via Peterlee on behalf of DCC Arriva 22/24 Tickets where valid.
Similar now the SB 57X DCC service Passengers can buy a cheap return which is also valid on the Arriva 57.
DCC needs to get their act together with the operators to organise region wide tickets.
They have been talking about it for years.

2bagstew
16 Jan 2020, 12:41 pm #14

(15 Jan 2020, 5:06 pm)cbma06 The 239 used to be a daytime service aswell, there’s no way that arriva tickets should be accepted on a service which is secured by another operator because arriva saying its not profitable.

The DCC 239 was a merge of the United/Arriva 234 between Peterlee and Sedgefield and United/Arriva 240 between Easington Village and Peterlee
The previous United 239/240 were circulars between Easington and Durham then later with the take over of TMS United had another 239 Easington and Trimdon Village to replace the TMS 235 that didn’t last long.

When SB ran the 58A Durham to Hartlepool via Peterlee on behalf of DCC Arriva 22/24 Tickets where valid.
Similar now the SB 57X DCC service Passengers can buy a cheap return which is also valid on the Arriva 57.
DCC needs to get their act together with the operators to organise region wide tickets.

16 Jan 2020, 1:07 pm #15
(16 Jan 2020, 12:41 pm)2bagstew The DCC 239 was a merge of the United/Arriva 234 between Peterlee and Sedgefield and United/Arriva 240 between Easington Village and Peterlee

If and when multi operator tickets become a thing in County Durham, I am in no doubt that DCC will have had nothing to do with it!

My guess is that at some point we'll get an NEbus ticket (because it sounds like any bus ) that'll be valid on GNE, Arriva and Stanley at a minimum

streetdeckfan
16 Jan 2020, 1:07 pm #15

(16 Jan 2020, 12:41 pm)2bagstew The DCC 239 was a merge of the United/Arriva 234 between Peterlee and Sedgefield and United/Arriva 240 between Easington Village and Peterlee

If and when multi operator tickets become a thing in County Durham, I am in no doubt that DCC will have had nothing to do with it!

My guess is that at some point we'll get an NEbus ticket (because it sounds like any bus ) that'll be valid on GNE, Arriva and Stanley at a minimum

cbma06

16 Jan 2020, 4:13 pm #16

Service 239 originally started at middlesbrough, but the Middlesbrough to sedgefield section got withdrawn, in later in life the 239 got extended from Easington to Sunderland for a short while, while the Peterlee corridor went into a bus war between United, ok and jhm travel

cbma06
16 Jan 2020, 4:13 pm #16

Service 239 originally started at middlesbrough, but the Middlesbrough to sedgefield section got withdrawn, in later in life the 239 got extended from Easington to Sunderland for a short while, while the Peterlee corridor went into a bus war between United, ok and jhm travel

2bagstew

16 Jan 2020, 7:52 pm #17
(16 Jan 2020, 4:13 pm)cbma06 Service 239 originally started at middlesbrough, but the Middlesbrough to sedgefield section got withdrawn, in later in life the 239 got extended from Easington to Sunderland for a short while, while the Peterlee corridor went into a bus war between United, ok and jhm travel

Do you not think it was the United 235 Durham to Middlesbrough via the Trimdon’s which was formed When United took over TMS 1990 and they cancelled their 55 service Durham to Middlesbrough .
The Evening & Sunday Service was supported both By DDC and Cleveland CC then Middlesbrough & Stockton till they cancelled all supported bus services.
The JHM, OK and United bus war stated when JHM decided to operate a 209 service between Hutton Henry to Sunderland OK started a 210 service
United started extra services on their 230? all running 5 mins in-front of the JHM, United had the extra buses starting at Horden and Easington to run in-front of the JHM.

2bagstew
16 Jan 2020, 7:52 pm #17

(16 Jan 2020, 4:13 pm)cbma06 Service 239 originally started at middlesbrough, but the Middlesbrough to sedgefield section got withdrawn, in later in life the 239 got extended from Easington to Sunderland for a short while, while the Peterlee corridor went into a bus war between United, ok and jhm travel

Do you not think it was the United 235 Durham to Middlesbrough via the Trimdon’s which was formed When United took over TMS 1990 and they cancelled their 55 service Durham to Middlesbrough .
The Evening & Sunday Service was supported both By DDC and Cleveland CC then Middlesbrough & Stockton till they cancelled all supported bus services.
The JHM, OK and United bus war stated when JHM decided to operate a 209 service between Hutton Henry to Sunderland OK started a 210 service
United started extra services on their 230? all running 5 mins in-front of the JHM, United had the extra buses starting at Horden and Easington to run in-front of the JHM.

cbma06

16 Jan 2020, 8:14 pm #18
(16 Jan 2020, 7:52 pm)2bagstew Do you not think it was the United 235 Durham to Middlesbrough via the Trimdon’s which was formed When United took over TMS 1990 and they cancelled their 55 service Durham to Middlesbrough .

239 Middlesbrough was well before 1990 era.
JHM operated service 219 with minibus and when passengers boarded or alight the minibus the driver had to get out of his seat and reached over towards the door to open and close the door but went via Sunderland eye infirmary, Barnes, Chester road Hospital while United put on 209 in front but didn’t do this extra route and went straight down ryhope road to Sunderland

cbma06
16 Jan 2020, 8:14 pm #18

(16 Jan 2020, 7:52 pm)2bagstew Do you not think it was the United 235 Durham to Middlesbrough via the Trimdon’s which was formed When United took over TMS 1990 and they cancelled their 55 service Durham to Middlesbrough .

239 Middlesbrough was well before 1990 era.
JHM operated service 219 with minibus and when passengers boarded or alight the minibus the driver had to get out of his seat and reached over towards the door to open and close the door but went via Sunderland eye infirmary, Barnes, Chester road Hospital while United put on 209 in front but didn’t do this extra route and went straight down ryhope road to Sunderland

Kuyoyo

10 Feb 2020, 1:41 pm #19
PB0003954/712 Cancelled
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Wallsend Metro Interchange to Kingston Park, Metro
Service number: 42A ()
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 22 Mar 2020

PB0003954/709 Cancelled
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: North Shields to Dinnington