Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East 42/42A Next Stop Announcements

42/42A Next Stop Announcements

42/42A Next Stop Announcements

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

05 Apr 2020, 3:24 pm #1
Does the 42/42A have NSAs when a bus with NSAs is allocated?
OrangeArrow49
05 Apr 2020, 3:24 pm #1

Does the 42/42A have NSAs when a bus with NSAs is allocated?

Dan

Site Administrator

05 Apr 2020, 7:44 pm #2
(05 Apr 2020, 3:24 pm)OrangeArrow49 Does the 42/42A have NSAs when a bus with NSAs is allocated?

Not at the moment. Given everything else going on, there wasn’t enough time to do revised announcements for the North Tyneside network given that the buses used on it don’t have them anyway. Job for a rainy day, if ever there is one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan
05 Apr 2020, 7:44 pm #2

(05 Apr 2020, 3:24 pm)OrangeArrow49 Does the 42/42A have NSAs when a bus with NSAs is allocated?

Not at the moment. Given everything else going on, there wasn’t enough time to do revised announcements for the North Tyneside network given that the buses used on it don’t have them anyway. Job for a rainy day, if ever there is one...

05 Apr 2020, 7:53 pm #3
(05 Apr 2020, 7:44 pm)Dan Not at the moment. Given everything else going on, there wasn’t enough time to do revised announcements for the North Tyneside network given that the buses used on it don’t have them anyway. Job for a rainy day, if ever there is one...

But there's only 30% of the fleet running so you're only doing 30% of the work! /s
streetdeckfan
05 Apr 2020, 7:53 pm #3

(05 Apr 2020, 7:44 pm)Dan Not at the moment. Given everything else going on, there wasn’t enough time to do revised announcements for the North Tyneside network given that the buses used on it don’t have them anyway. Job for a rainy day, if ever there is one...

But there's only 30% of the fleet running so you're only doing 30% of the work! /s

Dan

Site Administrator

05 Apr 2020, 7:53 pm #4
(05 Apr 2020, 7:53 pm)streetdeckfan But there's only 30% of the fleet running so you're only doing 30% of the work! /s

If only! Smile

Dan
05 Apr 2020, 7:53 pm #4

(05 Apr 2020, 7:53 pm)streetdeckfan But there's only 30% of the fleet running so you're only doing 30% of the work! /s

If only! Smile

05 Apr 2020, 8:05 pm #5
(05 Apr 2020, 7:53 pm)Dan If only! Smile

The issue is now everyone's proved they can do things in a fraction of the time it normally takes, which means it'll never go back to 'normal'!
streetdeckfan
05 Apr 2020, 8:05 pm #5

(05 Apr 2020, 7:53 pm)Dan If only! Smile

The issue is now everyone's proved they can do things in a fraction of the time it normally takes, which means it'll never go back to 'normal'!

05 Apr 2020, 8:37 pm #6

Thanks, Dan. I didn't think any North Tyneside services had up to date NSAs as they don't have buses fitted with NSAs allocated. I also thought NSAs were discontinued for the long term on these services as older buses are now used to operate them, with no plans to change that. I'd like to hear the NSAs for the 42/42A.

When are GCT returning to operating the North Tyneside contracts?
OrangeArrow49
05 Apr 2020, 8:37 pm #6

Thanks, Dan. I didn't think any North Tyneside services had up to date NSAs as they don't have buses fitted with NSAs allocated. I also thought NSAs were discontinued for the long term on these services as older buses are now used to operate them, with no plans to change that. I'd like to hear the NSAs for the 42/42A.

05 Apr 2020, 9:34 pm #7
(05 Apr 2020, 8:37 pm)OrangeArrow49 Thanks, Dan. I didn't think any North Tyneside services had up to date NSAs as they don't have buses fitted with NSAs allocated. I also thought NSAs were discontinued for the long term on these services as older buses are now used to operate them, with no plans to change that. I'd like to hear the NSAs for the 42/42A.

IIRC, pretty much every route is programmed, regardless of whether the allocated vehicles have NSA so if a vehicle with it is allocated, it'll just work
streetdeckfan
05 Apr 2020, 9:34 pm #7

(05 Apr 2020, 8:37 pm)OrangeArrow49 Thanks, Dan. I didn't think any North Tyneside services had up to date NSAs as they don't have buses fitted with NSAs allocated. I also thought NSAs were discontinued for the long term on these services as older buses are now used to operate them, with no plans to change that. I'd like to hear the NSAs for the 42/42A.

IIRC, pretty much every route is programmed, regardless of whether the allocated vehicles have NSA so if a vehicle with it is allocated, it'll just work

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average