Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East New Website Launched

New Website Launched

New Website Launched

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (3) 1 2 3 Next
S813 FVK

16 Apr 2020, 11:03 am #1
A new website format appears to have gone live...
https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/

Same format as that used by East Yorkshire
S813 FVK
16 Apr 2020, 11:03 am #1

A new website format appears to have gone live...

16 Apr 2020, 11:27 am #2
(16 Apr 2020, 11:03 am)S813 FVK A new website format appears to have gone live...

I shall repress my overall feelings until I've had a play around (so far, I hate it)

I mean, it's great that you can track the buses live on the website now (and even see the fleet number!), but where are the printable timetables and where is the fare finder?
streetdeckfan
16 Apr 2020, 11:27 am #2

(16 Apr 2020, 11:03 am)S813 FVK A new website format appears to have gone live...

I shall repress my overall feelings until I've had a play around (so far, I hate it)

I mean, it's great that you can track the buses live on the website now (and even see the fleet number!), but where are the printable timetables and where is the fare finder?

citaro5284

16 Apr 2020, 11:30 am #3
(16 Apr 2020, 11:27 am)streetdeckfan I shall repress my overall feelings until I've had a play around (so far, I hate it)

I just cannot believe that you hate it mind.....my gaster is flabbered
citaro5284
16 Apr 2020, 11:30 am #3

(16 Apr 2020, 11:27 am)streetdeckfan I shall repress my overall feelings until I've had a play around (so far, I hate it)

I just cannot believe that you hate it mind.....my gaster is flabbered

cbma06

16 Apr 2020, 11:37 am #4
Can you not download the timetables anymore?, where’s the local maps gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
16 Apr 2020, 11:37 am #4

Can you not download the timetables anymore?, where’s the local maps gone

Michael

16 Apr 2020, 11:39 am #5

Shock horror

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 Apr 2020, 11:39 am #5

Shock horror

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

16 Apr 2020, 11:41 am #6
(16 Apr 2020, 11:30 am)citaro5284 I just cannot believe that you hate it mind.....my gaster is flabbered
I mean, I hate it less than Arriva's website!
At least they show all their services in one place!
  • I don't like how the X services are at the top of the list instead of the bottom
  • The timetable view for each service is so confusing! It's just a table of numbers.
  • No printable timetables (and don't even say you can just print the timetable view, I tried and it's awful)
  • There's nowhere to just type in a service. You have to find it in the list, or search by location. So if I want to find the timetable for the Q3, I have to either type in a stop it serves, or click Timetables and maps and scroll all the way to the bottom. If I use the search button at the top there's no results
  • No fare finder
Also, I just don't like the general aesthetic, the GNE logo is far too small for my liking, they got rid of the service logos on the list and there's no link in the menu for timetables, you have to go back to the homepage and scroll down

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
16 Apr 2020, 11:41 am #6

(16 Apr 2020, 11:30 am)citaro5284 I just cannot believe that you hate it mind.....my gaster is flabbered
I mean, I hate it less than Arriva's website!
  • I don't like how the X services are at the top of the list instead of the bottom
  • The timetable view for each service is so confusing! It's just a table of numbers.
  • No printable timetables (and don't even say you can just print the timetable view, I tried and it's awful)
  • There's nowhere to just type in a service. You have to find it in the list, or search by location. So if I want to find the timetable for the Q3, I have to either type in a stop it serves, or click Timetables and maps and scroll all the way to the bottom. If I use the search button at the top there's no results
  • No fare finder
Also, I just don't like the general aesthetic, the GNE logo is far too small for my liking, they got rid of the service logos on the list and there's no link in the menu for timetables, you have to go back to the homepage and scroll down

cbma06

16 Apr 2020, 11:45 am #7
The timetable online format is practically the same as the arriva site, but at least on the arriva site you still have the option to download as pdf or view as online the same as GNE

cbma06
16 Apr 2020, 11:45 am #7

The timetable online format is practically the same as the arriva site, but at least on the arriva site you still have the option to download as pdf or view as online the same as GNE

Michael

16 Apr 2020, 11:47 am #8
They've finally added the Asda, Sainsbury, Tesco, NHS shuttle services on the site.

93/94 is still down as Loop

Missing the AD122/X122 services (although they aren't running, surprised they've removed them)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 Apr 2020, 11:47 am #8

They've finally added the Asda, Sainsbury, Tesco, NHS shuttle services on the site.

93/94 is still down as Loop

Missing the AD122/X122 services (although they aren't running, surprised they've removed them)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

16 Apr 2020, 11:49 am #9
(16 Apr 2020, 11:47 am)Michael They've finally added the Asda, Sainsbury, Tesco, NHS shuttle services on the site.

And the 86 from Bishop to Toft Hill, maybe Customer Services will actually know the service exists now!
streetdeckfan
16 Apr 2020, 11:49 am #9

(16 Apr 2020, 11:47 am)Michael They've finally added the Asda, Sainsbury, Tesco, NHS shuttle services on the site.

And the 86 from Bishop to Toft Hill, maybe Customer Services will actually know the service exists now!

16 Apr 2020, 12:09 pm #10
How do you track buses on the website ?
Coppercap40
16 Apr 2020, 12:09 pm #10

How do you track buses on the website ?

S813 FVK

16 Apr 2020, 12:11 pm #11
(16 Apr 2020, 12:09 pm)Coppercap40 How do you track buses on the website ?

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/services

Select a service from the service list and a live map should appear with the buses marked on it above the main timetable.
S813 FVK
16 Apr 2020, 12:11 pm #11

(16 Apr 2020, 12:09 pm)Coppercap40 How do you track buses on the website ?

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/services

Select a service from the service list and a live map should appear with the buses marked on it above the main timetable.

cbma06

16 Apr 2020, 12:15 pm #12
You can’t even view or just browse the X6/X7/X20 timetables as these services are not running today.

cbma06
16 Apr 2020, 12:15 pm #12

You can’t even view or just browse the X6/X7/X20 timetables as these services are not running today.

16 Apr 2020, 12:45 pm #13
Thank you S813 FVK, your help is appreciated
Coppercap40
16 Apr 2020, 12:45 pm #13

Thank you S813 FVK, your help is appreciated

LeeCalder

16 Apr 2020, 3:40 pm #14
Quite a messy format, things everywhere - reminds me of the Ryanair website... but it appears to be better for journey planning.

The lack of timetable PDF export is an immediate gripe.
LeeCalder
16 Apr 2020, 3:40 pm #14

Quite a messy format, things everywhere - reminds me of the Ryanair website... but it appears to be better for journey planning.

The lack of timetable PDF export is an immediate gripe.

mb134

16 Apr 2020, 3:41 pm #15
(16 Apr 2020, 11:41 am)streetdeckfan I mean, I hate it less than Arriva's website!
  • No fare finder

Timetable format looks just like any other timetable I've ever seen, not sure what the issue is there? By definition a timetable is a table with numbers in it. 

I'd agree though that the X-services being at the top is strange, as is including all of the scholars services. Personally think scholars timetables should be available only to those that need to use them. 

Overall it seems better optimised for mobile than desktop, which is a tad weird given they have an app for that purpose.
mb134
16 Apr 2020, 3:41 pm #15

(16 Apr 2020, 11:41 am)streetdeckfan I mean, I hate it less than Arriva's website!
  • No fare finder

Timetable format looks just like any other timetable I've ever seen, not sure what the issue is there? By definition a timetable is a table with numbers in it. 

I'd agree though that the X-services being at the top is strange, as is including all of the scholars services. Personally think scholars timetables should be available only to those that need to use them. 

Overall it seems better optimised for mobile than desktop, which is a tad weird given they have an app for that purpose.

16 Apr 2020, 3:56 pm #16
(16 Apr 2020, 3:41 pm)mb134 Timetable format looks just like any other timetable I've ever seen, not sure what the issue is there? By definition a timetable is a table with numbers in it. 

My issue with the timetable is that there's too much at once. On the X21 It could easily say 'and hourly until' rather than list 7:10 8:10 9:10 etc.
Basically, it should just be the printed timetable!

I also don't like the fact it doesn't highlight the major stops when you view all, they could be made bold so they stand out more so you can quickly find the stop you're looking for

streetdeckfan
16 Apr 2020, 3:56 pm #16

(16 Apr 2020, 3:41 pm)mb134 Timetable format looks just like any other timetable I've ever seen, not sure what the issue is there? By definition a timetable is a table with numbers in it. 

My issue with the timetable is that there's too much at once. On the X21 It could easily say 'and hourly until' rather than list 7:10 8:10 9:10 etc.

I also don't like the fact it doesn't highlight the major stops when you view all, they could be made bold so they stand out more so you can quickly find the stop you're looking for

Storx

16 Apr 2020, 6:24 pm #17
(16 Apr 2020, 3:56 pm)streetdeckfan My issue with the timetable is that there's too much at once. On the X21 It could easily say 'and hourly until' rather than list 7:10 8:10 9:10 etc.

I can imagine it's like that as it's outputted from a database which doesn't hold that information that's all and it get's complicated once you start doing stuff like that if you want to get it working on both mobiles and desktops.

I'm surprised they don't have a download to PDF though as it's not the hardest thing to do if you already have a table.

The site looks 100x better though imo and isn't something from 10 year ago anymore but it would look better without the links underlined - but that's just nitpicking.
Storx
16 Apr 2020, 6:24 pm #17

(16 Apr 2020, 3:56 pm)streetdeckfan My issue with the timetable is that there's too much at once. On the X21 It could easily say 'and hourly until' rather than list 7:10 8:10 9:10 etc.

I can imagine it's like that as it's outputted from a database which doesn't hold that information that's all and it get's complicated once you start doing stuff like that if you want to get it working on both mobiles and desktops.

I'm surprised they don't have a download to PDF though as it's not the hardest thing to do if you already have a table.

The site looks 100x better though imo and isn't something from 10 year ago anymore but it would look better without the links underlined - but that's just nitpicking.

16 Apr 2020, 6:31 pm #18
(16 Apr 2020, 6:24 pm)Storx I can imagine it's like that as it's outputted from a database which doesn't hold that information that's all and it get's complicated once you start doing stuff like that if you want to get it working on both mobiles and desktops.

Arriva manages it with their timetable, although I'd imagine they've got a few more important things to worry about at the minute!

streetdeckfan
16 Apr 2020, 6:31 pm #18

(16 Apr 2020, 6:24 pm)Storx I can imagine it's like that as it's outputted from a database which doesn't hold that information that's all and it get's complicated once you start doing stuff like that if you want to get it working on both mobiles and desktops.

Arriva manages it with their timetable, although I'd imagine they've got a few more important things to worry about at the minute!

Wybus

16 Apr 2020, 6:59 pm #19
It’s the same website design and format used all over the place, Transdev, Nottingham, many others

Transdev dropped PDFs and later brought them back when they introduced theirs

I imagine the X services at the top is deliberate, as the X Lines are going to be their flagship routes, so they wouldn’t want them at the bottom. It must be intentional as the Qs etc are still at the end.
Wybus
16 Apr 2020, 6:59 pm #19

It’s the same website design and format used all over the place, Transdev, Nottingham, many others

Transdev dropped PDFs and later brought them back when they introduced theirs

I imagine the X services at the top is deliberate, as the X Lines are going to be their flagship routes, so they wouldn’t want them at the bottom. It must be intentional as the Qs etc are still at the end.

LeeCalder

30 Apr 2020, 8:03 am #20
PDF Timetable option now available on GNE's website, showing temporary timetables
LeeCalder
30 Apr 2020, 8:03 am #20

PDF Timetable option now available on GNE's website, showing temporary timetables

Pages (3) 1 2 3 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average