Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Electric vehicles

Electric vehicles

Electric vehicles

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (21) Previous 114 15 1621 Next
Jack Gill

15 May 2022, 1:58 pm #281
Shame they aren't trialling it/loan, would be nice to see it in GNE in years to come, when (if) GNE make money again.
Jack Gill
15 May 2022, 1:58 pm #281

Shame they aren't trialling it/loan, would be nice to see it in GNE in years to come, when (if) GNE make money again.

Unber43

23 May 2022, 6:41 pm #282
How many of the E12's are coming, and also what route are they gonna be on.

I can't really think of any, maybe the 6, but I don't really know.
Unber43
23 May 2022, 6:41 pm #282

How many of the E12's are coming, and also what route are they gonna be on.

Michael

23 May 2022, 6:47 pm #283
(23 May 2022, 6:41 pm)Unber43 How many of the E12's are coming, and also what route are they gonna be on.

9 but no route was ever confirmed I think... 57/58 were 2 routes, rumoured.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
23 May 2022, 6:47 pm #283

(23 May 2022, 6:41 pm)Unber43 How many of the E12's are coming, and also what route are they gonna be on.

9 but no route was ever confirmed I think... 57/58 were 2 routes, rumoured.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Unber43

23 May 2022, 6:53 pm #284
(23 May 2022, 6:47 pm)Michael 9 but no route was ever confirmed I think... 57/58 were 2 routes, rumoured.
The 58 has just been upgraded, and I think that only need 6-7 but it has just been done. 

57 needs a 8 PVR however I don't think the 57 can justify electric buses, their buses have less people on than the 58. 58 has barely any during the day.

I wonder if they could possibly move depot for these electric buses. Maybe Consett for the 78 or Deptford for 20.
Unber43
23 May 2022, 6:53 pm #284

(23 May 2022, 6:47 pm)Michael 9 but no route was ever confirmed I think... 57/58 were 2 routes, rumoured.
The 58 has just been upgraded, and I think that only need 6-7 but it has just been done. 

57 needs a 8 PVR however I don't think the 57 can justify electric buses, their buses have less people on than the 58. 58 has barely any during the day.

I wonder if they could possibly move depot for these electric buses. Maybe Consett for the 78 or Deptford for 20.

Michael

23 May 2022, 6:56 pm #285
(23 May 2022, 6:53 pm)Unber43 The 58 has just been upgraded, and I think that only need 6-7 but it has just been done. 

They haven't got the recharging facilities to charge them at Deptford or Consett... sure the funding was for a Riverside route.

Maybe, we might see 2 different services get this set of electric buses?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
23 May 2022, 6:56 pm #285

(23 May 2022, 6:53 pm)Unber43 The 58 has just been upgraded, and I think that only need 6-7 but it has just been done. 

They haven't got the recharging facilities to charge them at Deptford or Consett... sure the funding was for a Riverside route.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Unber43

23 May 2022, 7:01 pm #286
(23 May 2022, 6:56 pm)Michael They haven't got the recharging facilities to charge them at Deptford or Consett... sure the funding was for a Riverside route.

They're going to need them eventually - you might aswell put electric buses on a profitable route if that means innovating a couple years earlier than meant to. I'd imagine Electric Bus charging facilities will be easily added into deptford. 

So 4 & 4 with one spare

12/12A (which I think may be 4 or 5). 

Does the funding have to be for a riverside route, cos the only routes imo which could get it is 12/12A/57/6 and none of them carry passenger numbers for it. Moving to funding to Deptford may give the electric vehicles to make some money on the 20 or 60 (bump that upto every 10 mins). The 60 is the only service which fits the PVR which isn't getting any reducing in service bar the night services (whcih i think we knew they were going) The only issue is how they are going to interwork on a night if it does happen.

Although I think the 20 will be a PVR of 10 for, around 5-10 mins layover each end.
Unber43
23 May 2022, 7:01 pm #286

(23 May 2022, 6:56 pm)Michael They haven't got the recharging facilities to charge them at Deptford or Consett... sure the funding was for a Riverside route.

They're going to need them eventually - you might aswell put electric buses on a profitable route if that means innovating a couple years earlier than meant to. I'd imagine Electric Bus charging facilities will be easily added into deptford. 

So 4 & 4 with one spare

Does the funding have to be for a riverside route, cos the only routes imo which could get it is 12/12A/57/6 and none of them carry passenger numbers for it. Moving to funding to Deptford may give the electric vehicles to make some money on the 20 or 60 (bump that upto every 10 mins). The 60 is the only service which fits the PVR which isn't getting any reducing in service bar the night services (whcih i think we knew they were going) The only issue is how they are going to interwork on a night if it does happen.

Although I think the 20 will be a PVR of 10 for, around 5-10 mins layover each end.

Michael

23 May 2022, 7:05 pm #287
(23 May 2022, 7:01 pm)Unber43 They're going to need them eventually - you might aswell put electric buses on a profitable route if that means innovating a couple years earlier than meant to. I'd imagine Electric Bus charging facilities will be easily added into deptford. 

So 4 & 4 with one spare

Does the funding have to be for a riverside route, cos the only routes imo which could get it is 12/12A/57/6 and none of them carry passenger numbers for it. Moving to funding to Deptford may give the electric vehicles to make some money on the 20 or 60 (bump that upto every 10 mins). The only issue is how they are going to interwork on a night if it does happen.

Not that easy, its gonna cost more money to build a new re-charging facility, to me, at the minute - its not worth it at all and just stick with them going to Riverside.

Does anyone have any idea for the proposed new PVR's for Riverside?

The current PVR is 13 (8 after the split - if it happens) for the 20.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
23 May 2022, 7:05 pm #287

(23 May 2022, 7:01 pm)Unber43 They're going to need them eventually - you might aswell put electric buses on a profitable route if that means innovating a couple years earlier than meant to. I'd imagine Electric Bus charging facilities will be easily added into deptford. 

So 4 & 4 with one spare

Does the funding have to be for a riverside route, cos the only routes imo which could get it is 12/12A/57/6 and none of them carry passenger numbers for it. Moving to funding to Deptford may give the electric vehicles to make some money on the 20 or 60 (bump that upto every 10 mins). The only issue is how they are going to interwork on a night if it does happen.

Not that easy, its gonna cost more money to build a new re-charging facility, to me, at the minute - its not worth it at all and just stick with them going to Riverside.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Unber43

23 May 2022, 7:09 pm #288
(23 May 2022, 7:05 pm)Michael Not that easy, its gonna cost more money to build a new re-charging facility, to me, at the minute - its not worth it at all and just stick with them going to Riverside.

But they are going to have to do it, the question I would have would they make more money on the 60 than the 57. The answer is probably yes. Will they have to introduce it into Deptford eventually yes.

PVR of 20 would probably be 9-10, with a 7 minute layover each end if not more.
Unber43
23 May 2022, 7:09 pm #288

(23 May 2022, 7:05 pm)Michael Not that easy, its gonna cost more money to build a new re-charging facility, to me, at the minute - its not worth it at all and just stick with them going to Riverside.

But they are going to have to do it, the question I would have would they make more money on the 60 than the 57. The answer is probably yes. Will they have to introduce it into Deptford eventually yes.

23 May 2022, 7:11 pm #289

I thought they were for the Q3, when it returns to Riverside
stagecoachbusdepot
23 May 2022, 7:11 pm #289

I thought they were for the Q3, when it returns to Riverside

Unber43

23 May 2022, 7:13 pm #290
(23 May 2022, 7:11 pm)stagecoachbusdepot I thought they were for the Q3, when it returns to Riverside
I don't think there would be enough, especially if Wallsend was left on intentionally
Unber43
23 May 2022, 7:13 pm #290

(23 May 2022, 7:11 pm)stagecoachbusdepot I thought they were for the Q3, when it returns to Riverside
I don't think there would be enough, especially if Wallsend was left on intentionally

Michael

23 May 2022, 7:24 pm #291
(23 May 2022, 7:09 pm)Unber43 But they are going to have to do it, the question I would have would they make more money on the 60 than the 57. The answer is probably yes. Will they have to introduce it into Deptford eventually yes.

Ye, but not at the minute when Riverside already has space for 30 electric buses and already has the facility built.

Hopefully electric buses will be bought for elsewhere but at the minute, Riverside will get priority because they already have everything set up.

Bit like if Stagecoach NE get gas buses, they'll go to Sunderland because, they have the facilities, once rumoured they wanted to make it fully gas but that won't happen now - and half of the current batch sound horrendous.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
23 May 2022, 7:24 pm #291

(23 May 2022, 7:09 pm)Unber43 But they are going to have to do it, the question I would have would they make more money on the 60 than the 57. The answer is probably yes. Will they have to introduce it into Deptford eventually yes.

Ye, but not at the minute when Riverside already has space for 30 electric buses and already has the facility built.

Hopefully electric buses will be bought for elsewhere but at the minute, Riverside will get priority because they already have everything set up.

Bit like if Stagecoach NE get gas buses, they'll go to Sunderland because, they have the facilities, once rumoured they wanted to make it fully gas but that won't happen now - and half of the current batch sound horrendous.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jack Gill

23 May 2022, 7:32 pm #292
It will be interesting to see what route these go on, especially after all these proposed changes.
Jack Gill
23 May 2022, 7:32 pm #292

It will be interesting to see what route these go on, especially after all these proposed changes.

Unber43

23 May 2022, 7:47 pm #293
(23 May 2022, 7:24 pm)Michael Ye, but not at the minute when Riverside already has space for 30 electric buses and already has the facility built.

They sound worse than the old loynes, they make a hell of a racked. 

I agree Riverside do have the facilities. Tbh I am not a massive fan of Yutongs, especially the wheelchair bay that next stop announcement thingy totally blocks the view of anything infront of you. I hope GNE Consider eCitaros or E200EV for the 60, as I feel like that will be the next route to get new buses.
Unber43
23 May 2022, 7:47 pm #293

(23 May 2022, 7:24 pm)Michael Ye, but not at the minute when Riverside already has space for 30 electric buses and already has the facility built.

They sound worse than the old loynes, they make a hell of a racked. 

I agree Riverside do have the facilities. Tbh I am not a massive fan of Yutongs, especially the wheelchair bay that next stop announcement thingy totally blocks the view of anything infront of you. I hope GNE Consider eCitaros or E200EV for the 60, as I feel like that will be the next route to get new buses.

Malarkey

23 May 2022, 9:20 pm #294
From what I have seen with loadings on the 58 it doesn't require double deckers and these could be better used elsewhere within the fleet, you also have the proposed extension to Amazon to factor in which would be excellent for both Amazon and Go North East to say they have Electric Buses serving them with connections to Newcastle City Centre, current PVR is 6 for the 58 however this would increase by 2 with the extension leaving a vehicle spare.

As for future orders I do think Deptford should be next in line for upgrades as the majority of their fleet are between 9-16 years old so an aging fleet you could argue with the exception of 15/16 Plate Solo SR's/Streetlites, I do think the likes of the 2/2A/56/60 & 61 should be next given some of those routes were downgraded due to CAZ coming into effect in the coming months. furthermore i'd also look at upgrading the 4 at Washington.
Malarkey
23 May 2022, 9:20 pm #294

From what I have seen with loadings on the 58 it doesn't require double deckers and these could be better used elsewhere within the fleet, you also have the proposed extension to Amazon to factor in which would be excellent for both Amazon and Go North East to say they have Electric Buses serving them with connections to Newcastle City Centre, current PVR is 6 for the 58 however this would increase by 2 with the extension leaving a vehicle spare.

As for future orders I do think Deptford should be next in line for upgrades as the majority of their fleet are between 9-16 years old so an aging fleet you could argue with the exception of 15/16 Plate Solo SR's/Streetlites, I do think the likes of the 2/2A/56/60 & 61 should be next given some of those routes were downgraded due to CAZ coming into effect in the coming months. furthermore i'd also look at upgrading the 4 at Washington.

Unber43

23 May 2022, 9:32 pm #295
(23 May 2022, 9:20 pm)Malarkey From what I have seen with loadings on the 58 it doesn't require double deckers and these could be better used elsewhere within the fleet, you also have the proposed extension to Amazon to factor in which would be excellent for both Amazon and Go North East to say they have Electric Buses serving them with connections to Newcastle City Centre, current PVR is 6 for the 58 however this would increase by 2 with the extension leaving a vehicle spare.

60 - E200EV  ex-Drifters can go onto the X20 (interiors & USB) 
4 - MCV Single Deckers - Ex Citaros on 2 Sunderland - Washington 
56 - MCV Double Deckers - Ex 56's can replace the Hybrids (add USB's) 
Ex berries can go onto 61 & 35.

58 would be a nice touch now that I think of it.
Unber43
23 May 2022, 9:32 pm #295

(23 May 2022, 9:20 pm)Malarkey From what I have seen with loadings on the 58 it doesn't require double deckers and these could be better used elsewhere within the fleet, you also have the proposed extension to Amazon to factor in which would be excellent for both Amazon and Go North East to say they have Electric Buses serving them with connections to Newcastle City Centre, current PVR is 6 for the 58 however this would increase by 2 with the extension leaving a vehicle spare.

60 - E200EV  ex-Drifters can go onto the X20 (interiors & USB) 
4 - MCV Single Deckers - Ex Citaros on 2 Sunderland - Washington 
56 - MCV Double Deckers - Ex 56's can replace the Hybrids (add USB's) 
Ex berries can go onto 61 & 35.

58 would be a nice touch now that I think of it.

Storx

23 May 2022, 9:38 pm #296

So 4 & 4 with one spare

Personally I don't think EV buses are the future. Hydrogen buses will be the future as they work like conventional vehicles where you fill it up and that's it. There's a lot of trials for them including one in Middlesbrough and Wrightbus are really pushing it.

Also for people discussing depots; Washington and CLS don't have a future imo and will be merged at some point. Percy Main and it's 5 (non subsidised) bus routes is questionable aswell. I'll be very surprised if any of them get any investment anytime soon, not least until they know where they are. The BSIP has the potential to butcher the 1 and 309/310/311 aswell if it ever goes ahead.
Storx
23 May 2022, 9:38 pm #296

So 4 & 4 with one spare

Personally I don't think EV buses are the future. Hydrogen buses will be the future as they work like conventional vehicles where you fill it up and that's it. There's a lot of trials for them including one in Middlesbrough and Wrightbus are really pushing it.

Also for people discussing depots; Washington and CLS don't have a future imo and will be merged at some point. Percy Main and it's 5 (non subsidised) bus routes is questionable aswell. I'll be very surprised if any of them get any investment anytime soon, not least until they know where they are. The BSIP has the potential to butcher the 1 and 309/310/311 aswell if it ever goes ahead.

Unber43

23 May 2022, 9:41 pm #297
(23 May 2022, 9:38 pm)Storx Personally I don't think EV buses are the future. Hydrogen buses will be the future as they work like conventional vehicles where you fill it up and that's it. There's a lot of trials for them including one in Middlesbrough and Wrightbus are really pushing it.

Maybe, but GNE are pushing EV, and haven't trailed one hydrogen. 

I think of anything get investment it will be the 4 and thats it
Unber43
23 May 2022, 9:41 pm #297

(23 May 2022, 9:38 pm)Storx Personally I don't think EV buses are the future. Hydrogen buses will be the future as they work like conventional vehicles where you fill it up and that's it. There's a lot of trials for them including one in Middlesbrough and Wrightbus are really pushing it.

Maybe, but GNE are pushing EV, and haven't trailed one hydrogen. 

I think of anything get investment it will be the 4 and thats it

F114TML

23 May 2022, 9:50 pm #298
Tbh, good luck using EVs on most routes, though, unless the tech improves, simply because they're too long and would result in the vehicle being taken off at midday or in the afternoon in some cases (isn't that what marred the B7TLs on the X10 all those years ago?). For those routes I think they'll need to look at the likes of hydrogen and biogas, or even just hybrids for more short-term solutions.
F114TML
23 May 2022, 9:50 pm #298

Tbh, good luck using EVs on most routes, though, unless the tech improves, simply because they're too long and would result in the vehicle being taken off at midday or in the afternoon in some cases (isn't that what marred the B7TLs on the X10 all those years ago?). For those routes I think they'll need to look at the likes of hydrogen and biogas, or even just hybrids for more short-term solutions.

Unber43

23 May 2022, 9:54 pm #299
(23 May 2022, 9:50 pm)F114TML Tbh, good luck using EVs on most routes, though, unless the tech improves, simply because they're too long and would result in the vehicle being taken off at midday or in the afternoon in some cases (isn't that what marred the B7TLs on the X10 all those years ago?). For those routes I think they'll need to look at the likes of hydrogen and biogas, or even just hybrids for more short-term solutions.
You could always bring in EV charging in bus stations, but its whether they would get wrecked off kids. 

And there would be enough layover charge to keep them topped up all day especially if one is late
Unber43
23 May 2022, 9:54 pm #299

(23 May 2022, 9:50 pm)F114TML Tbh, good luck using EVs on most routes, though, unless the tech improves, simply because they're too long and would result in the vehicle being taken off at midday or in the afternoon in some cases (isn't that what marred the B7TLs on the X10 all those years ago?). For those routes I think they'll need to look at the likes of hydrogen and biogas, or even just hybrids for more short-term solutions.
You could always bring in EV charging in bus stations, but its whether they would get wrecked off kids. 

And there would be enough layover charge to keep them topped up all day especially if one is late

Wybus

23 May 2022, 10:02 pm #300

Blimey I’m surprised GNE haven’t completely closed down. From what you say every day practically every route had hardly any passengers travelling except service 60.
Wybus
23 May 2022, 10:02 pm #300

Blimey I’m surprised GNE haven’t completely closed down. From what you say every day practically every route had hardly any passengers travelling except service 60.

Pages (21) Previous 114 15 1621 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average