Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East VOLTRA

VOLTRA

VOLTRA

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pages (19) Previous 115 16 1719 Next
Andreos1

07 Jun 2021, 8:43 pm #301
(07 Jun 2021, 7:19 pm)Rapidsnap Yeah that's a fair point, think it's around 12 for the Q1 / Q2 unless there's plans to reduce it to 20 minute frequency.

Think another idea is the 49/49A which takes 7 vehicles, so leaves 2 new ones spare plus 8809 making 3 spares, so perhaps used on the 33/33A contract

What would the PVR be for the Q1/2 with it terminating in Gateshead?
It would be very hard to stick a positive spin on a reduction in frequency along with the rumoured curtailment at Gateshead

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
07 Jun 2021, 8:43 pm #301

(07 Jun 2021, 7:19 pm)Rapidsnap Yeah that's a fair point, think it's around 12 for the Q1 / Q2 unless there's plans to reduce it to 20 minute frequency.

Think another idea is the 49/49A which takes 7 vehicles, so leaves 2 new ones spare plus 8809 making 3 spares, so perhaps used on the 33/33A contract

What would the PVR be for the Q1/2 with it terminating in Gateshead?
It would be very hard to stick a positive spin on a reduction in frequency along with the rumoured curtailment at Gateshead

Malarkey

07 Jun 2021, 9:48 pm #302
The Yutong E10's from the video posted by Geoff have a battery life to operate 170KM per day so I decided to do a few calculations.

Service 57 is approximate an 8 mile journey between Newcastle and Wardley via Q.E. Hospital "Quoting Google Maps" which equates to 12.8748 Kilometres.

170 divided by 12 = 14 meaning the E10 could do 7 round trips on the 57 per day on a single charge.

For the 49 from Gateshead to Winlaton via Blaydon & MetroCentre is approximately 13 Mile journey meaning the E10 could do again around 7 round trips per day on a single charge.

I do think the 49 is top contender for the new order of Yutongs as it will release the Euro 6 Streetlites onto other services such as 6/12/12A/33N or 57 thus allowing the Citaros to be withdrawn.
Malarkey
07 Jun 2021, 9:48 pm #302

The Yutong E10's from the video posted by Geoff have a battery life to operate 170KM per day so I decided to do a few calculations.

Service 57 is approximate an 8 mile journey between Newcastle and Wardley via Q.E. Hospital "Quoting Google Maps" which equates to 12.8748 Kilometres.

170 divided by 12 = 14 meaning the E10 could do 7 round trips on the 57 per day on a single charge.

For the 49 from Gateshead to Winlaton via Blaydon & MetroCentre is approximately 13 Mile journey meaning the E10 could do again around 7 round trips per day on a single charge.

I do think the 49 is top contender for the new order of Yutongs as it will release the Euro 6 Streetlites onto other services such as 6/12/12A/33N or 57 thus allowing the Citaros to be withdrawn.

07 Jun 2021, 10:04 pm #303
(07 Jun 2021, 9:48 pm)Malarkey The Yutong E10's from the video posted by Geoff have a battery life to operate 170KM per day so I decided to do a few calculations.

I never thought of the 49 but now you mention it, it could work.

I wonder if the banks in Blaydon would have much affect on the range, although I suppose it probably wouldn't be that bad when you take into account the regen coming back down
streetdeckfan
07 Jun 2021, 10:04 pm #303

(07 Jun 2021, 9:48 pm)Malarkey The Yutong E10's from the video posted by Geoff have a battery life to operate 170KM per day so I decided to do a few calculations.

I never thought of the 49 but now you mention it, it could work.

I wonder if the banks in Blaydon would have much affect on the range, although I suppose it probably wouldn't be that bad when you take into account the regen coming back down

Storx

07 Jun 2021, 11:01 pm #304
Not sure they'd put them on the 49/49A considering its the only bus not going into the ULEZ. Seems a bit wasteful.

This is complete pie in the sky but what about the X66 extended to Newcastle via the Q1/Q2 giving direct links from the Metro Centre to Newcastle Quayside and Central Station with the B7's on for now until they come so the Streetlites can be moved to wherever their new home is.

Also could explain why Quaycity is branded using the Voltra design rather than the road stripes and also the mock-up for the Voltra was green and orange which everyone at the time just assumed Citylink but the orange could easily have been Intu aswell.

Means you can keep the older Versas which I don't believe have Euro Mods on what was the Orbit and then the X66 Streetlites can do the 57 maybe.
Storx
07 Jun 2021, 11:01 pm #304

Not sure they'd put them on the 49/49A considering its the only bus not going into the ULEZ. Seems a bit wasteful.

This is complete pie in the sky but what about the X66 extended to Newcastle via the Q1/Q2 giving direct links from the Metro Centre to Newcastle Quayside and Central Station with the B7's on for now until they come so the Streetlites can be moved to wherever their new home is.

Also could explain why Quaycity is branded using the Voltra design rather than the road stripes and also the mock-up for the Voltra was green and orange which everyone at the time just assumed Citylink but the orange could easily have been Intu aswell.

Means you can keep the older Versas which I don't believe have Euro Mods on what was the Orbit and then the X66 Streetlites can do the 57 maybe.

V514DFT

07 Jun 2021, 11:31 pm #305
What about the 28/28A?,is that completely out of the question for VOLTRA's?,thats the only other single deck vehicle operated service i can think of in that kind of area

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
07 Jun 2021, 11:31 pm #305

What about the 28/28A?,is that completely out of the question for VOLTRA's?,thats the only other single deck vehicle operated service i can think of in that kind of area

Kind Regards
Tez

GNE6312

08 Jun 2021, 6:32 am #306
(07 Jun 2021, 11:31 pm)V514DFT What about the 28/28A?,is that completely out of the question for VOLTRA's?,thats the only other single deck vehicle operated service i can think of in that kind of area
The only problem I see with that is that the 28/A are operated by CLS which don't have the charging facilities, however, Riverside do have facilities which leads me to think that the new electrics will be for Riverside. I think the 6/12/12A could be good options for electrics providing they are good at Hill climb.
GNE6312
08 Jun 2021, 6:32 am #306

(07 Jun 2021, 11:31 pm)V514DFT What about the 28/28A?,is that completely out of the question for VOLTRA's?,thats the only other single deck vehicle operated service i can think of in that kind of area
The only problem I see with that is that the 28/A are operated by CLS which don't have the charging facilities, however, Riverside do have facilities which leads me to think that the new electrics will be for Riverside. I think the 6/12/12A could be good options for electrics providing they are good at Hill climb.

Rob44

08 Jun 2021, 7:49 am #307
(07 Jun 2021, 8:43 pm)Andreos1 What would the PVR be for the Q1/2 with it terminating in Gateshead?

Stopping this service at Gateshead??? Blimey they would have to put a great spin on that as they made such a song and dance about taking over the route when the council/nexus said they couldn't subsidise it anymore!! They used this as an example as to why bus subsidy wouldnt work. They had sign on their bus and in bus stops!
Rob44
08 Jun 2021, 7:49 am #307

(07 Jun 2021, 8:43 pm)Andreos1 What would the PVR be for the Q1/2 with it terminating in Gateshead?

Stopping this service at Gateshead??? Blimey they would have to put a great spin on that as they made such a song and dance about taking over the route when the council/nexus said they couldn't subsidise it anymore!! They used this as an example as to why bus subsidy wouldnt work. They had sign on their bus and in bus stops!

08 Jun 2021, 9:08 am #308
When they were talking about continued investment i think they meant quite far into the future. I cannot see any plans for brand new buses in the fleet in the next few years. Might get a few second hand buses from somewhere maybe.
CookieMonster
08 Jun 2021, 9:08 am #308

When they were talking about continued investment i think they meant quite far into the future. I cannot see any plans for brand new buses in the fleet in the next few years. Might get a few second hand buses from somewhere maybe.

Andreos1

08 Jun 2021, 9:58 am #309
(08 Jun 2021, 7:49 am)Rob44 Stopping this service at Gateshead??? Blimey they would have to put a great spin on that as they made such a song and dance about taking over the route when the council/nexus said they couldn't subsidise it anymore!! They used this as an example as to why bus subsidy wouldnt work. They had sign on their bus and in bus stops!

I'm sure the rumour was about sending the 53 and 54 on to the Quayside portion of the route.

No idea how true it is or if it's just waffle mind.

Andreos1
08 Jun 2021, 9:58 am #309

(08 Jun 2021, 7:49 am)Rob44 Stopping this service at Gateshead??? Blimey they would have to put a great spin on that as they made such a song and dance about taking over the route when the council/nexus said they couldn't subsidise it anymore!! They used this as an example as to why bus subsidy wouldnt work. They had sign on their bus and in bus stops!

I'm sure the rumour was about sending the 53 and 54 on to the Quayside portion of the route.

Rob44

08 Jun 2021, 10:26 am #310
that would make sense to save a few £££
Rob44
08 Jun 2021, 10:26 am #310

that would make sense to save a few £££

Andreos1

08 Jun 2021, 11:44 am #311
(08 Jun 2021, 10:26 am)Rob44 that would make sense to save a few £££

If/when the lez comes in to play in Newcastle, it also has the potential for a bit of give/flexibility with vehicles that don't meet the emissions levels too.

Andreos1
08 Jun 2021, 11:44 am #311

(08 Jun 2021, 10:26 am)Rob44 that would make sense to save a few £££

If/when the lez comes in to play in Newcastle, it also has the potential for a bit of give/flexibility with vehicles that don't meet the emissions levels too.

Rob44

08 Jun 2021, 12:40 pm #312
(08 Jun 2021, 11:44 am)Andreos1 If/when the lez comes in to play in Newcastle, it also has the potential for a bit of give/flexibility with vehicles that don't meet the emissions levels too.

Yeh never though of that either. Although didn't GNE want to send more services across the Swing bridge but were told no but NCC? this may have been a while ago and my memory is going. Just thinking the 53/54 is a more regular service than the q1 and 2?
Rob44
08 Jun 2021, 12:40 pm #312

(08 Jun 2021, 11:44 am)Andreos1 If/when the lez comes in to play in Newcastle, it also has the potential for a bit of give/flexibility with vehicles that don't meet the emissions levels too.

Yeh never though of that either. Although didn't GNE want to send more services across the Swing bridge but were told no but NCC? this may have been a while ago and my memory is going. Just thinking the 53/54 is a more regular service than the q1 and 2?

big mac

08 Jun 2021, 1:01 pm #313
(08 Jun 2021, 9:58 am)Andreos1 I'm sure the rumour was about sending the 53 and 54 on to the Quayside portion of the route.

It would make sense as they could easily incorporate that in to the existing 53/54 route.

With the q1/q2, they've already curtailed it at Gateshead on evenings anyway, which in my opinion makes a bit of a mockery of the Quaylink branding. How can the brand be named after a place that the route doesn't even serve all of the time?

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk
big mac
08 Jun 2021, 1:01 pm #313

(08 Jun 2021, 9:58 am)Andreos1 I'm sure the rumour was about sending the 53 and 54 on to the Quayside portion of the route.

It would make sense as they could easily incorporate that in to the existing 53/54 route.

With the q1/q2, they've already curtailed it at Gateshead on evenings anyway, which in my opinion makes a bit of a mockery of the Quaylink branding. How can the brand be named after a place that the route doesn't even serve all of the time?

Rob44

08 Jun 2021, 1:37 pm #314
(08 Jun 2021, 1:01 pm)big mac It would make sense as they could easily incorporate that in to the existing 53/54 route.

With the q1/q2, they've already curtailed it at Gateshead on evenings anyway, which in my opinion makes a bit of a mockery of the Quaylink branding.  How can the brand be named after a place that the route doesn't even serve all of the time?

I used to use the evening service to get to Gateshead to catch my connection after a few pints in the crown prasada...... now i have to walk up that steep bank... its a killer
Rob44
08 Jun 2021, 1:37 pm #314

(08 Jun 2021, 1:01 pm)big mac It would make sense as they could easily incorporate that in to the existing 53/54 route.

With the q1/q2, they've already curtailed it at Gateshead on evenings anyway, which in my opinion makes a bit of a mockery of the Quaylink branding.  How can the brand be named after a place that the route doesn't even serve all of the time?

I used to use the evening service to get to Gateshead to catch my connection after a few pints in the crown prasada...... now i have to walk up that steep bank... its a killer

Andreos1

08 Jun 2021, 1:56 pm #315

Aye, was genuinely surprised to see that the Q1/Q2 didn't bother crossing the river on a night, when I was in the town a few weeks back.
Or, there wasn't a service (like the 53/54) which was diverted down to the Quayside/Sage to fill the gaps.
The Q3 doesn't cover enough of the town and obviously doesn't touch the Gateshead Quays at all.
Imagine stopping at one of the many hotels on the Quayside and on getting off the train at Newcastle, finding you have to get a taxi down or walk (with bags)?

(08 Jun 2021, 1:37 pm)Rob44 I used to use the evening service to get to Gateshead to catch my connection after a few pints in the crown prasada...... now i have to walk up that steep bank... its a killer

Sure that hill is getting steeper.
I blame global warming.
Edited 08 Jun 2021, 1:57 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
08 Jun 2021, 1:56 pm #315

Aye, was genuinely surprised to see that the Q1/Q2 didn't bother crossing the river on a night, when I was in the town a few weeks back.
Or, there wasn't a service (like the 53/54) which was diverted down to the Quayside/Sage to fill the gaps.
The Q3 doesn't cover enough of the town and obviously doesn't touch the Gateshead Quays at all.
Imagine stopping at one of the many hotels on the Quayside and on getting off the train at Newcastle, finding you have to get a taxi down or walk (with bags)?

(08 Jun 2021, 1:37 pm)Rob44 I used to use the evening service to get to Gateshead to catch my connection after a few pints in the crown prasada...... now i have to walk up that steep bank... its a killer

I blame global warming.

big mac

08 Jun 2021, 2:22 pm #316
(08 Jun 2021, 1:56 pm)Andreos1 Aye, was genuinely surprised to see that the Q1/Q2 didn't bother crossing the river on a night, when I was in the town a few weeks back.

I blame global warming.
They did fill the gap (sort of) with the 58A, although that was only towards Newcastle rather than towards Gateshead as well. I wonder if when eventually concerts resume and there's stuff on at the Sage whether a service will be reintroduced on an evening.

big mac
08 Jun 2021, 2:22 pm #316

(08 Jun 2021, 1:56 pm)Andreos1 Aye, was genuinely surprised to see that the Q1/Q2 didn't bother crossing the river on a night, when I was in the town a few weeks back.

I blame global warming.
They did fill the gap (sort of) with the 58A, although that was only towards Newcastle rather than towards Gateshead as well. I wonder if when eventually concerts resume and there's stuff on at the Sage whether a service will be reintroduced on an evening.

Rob44

08 Jun 2021, 2:45 pm #317

I blame global warming.

I blame to much strong lager
Rob44
08 Jun 2021, 2:45 pm #317

I blame global warming.

I blame to much strong lager

Adrian

08 Jun 2021, 3:04 pm #318
(07 Jun 2021, 5:47 pm)Micheal Aaron It was mentioned by Martijn that there for Gateshead Depot so yea. Could be for the Q1/Q2

They would have to be for Riverside depot, because that is where the infrastructure is. 

The initial infrastructure cost is one of the barriers to EVs in the first place.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
08 Jun 2021, 3:04 pm #318

(07 Jun 2021, 5:47 pm)Micheal Aaron It was mentioned by Martijn that there for Gateshead Depot so yea. Could be for the Q1/Q2

They would have to be for Riverside depot, because that is where the infrastructure is. 

The initial infrastructure cost is one of the barriers to EVs in the first place.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Andreos1

08 Jun 2021, 3:37 pm #319
(08 Jun 2021, 2:22 pm)big mac They did fill the gap (sort of) with the 58A, although that was only towards Newcastle rather than towards Gateshead as well.  I wonder if when eventually concerts resume and there's stuff on at the Sage whether a service will be reintroduced on an evening.

The ironic thing is, because buses are so irregular down there on a night, I've seen the Q3 getting delayed by the ever number of increasing taxis - that park at the bottom of Dean St, blocking the road and bus stops. 
There probably wouldn't be the need for as many taxis, if the public transport provision in the area was better.
Made even more attractive by these fantastic £1 fares.

(08 Jun 2021, 2:45 pm)Rob44 I blame to much strong lager

Lager from the Crown Posada?! 
Sacrilegious.
Edited 08 Jun 2021, 3:38 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
08 Jun 2021, 3:37 pm #319

(08 Jun 2021, 2:22 pm)big mac They did fill the gap (sort of) with the 58A, although that was only towards Newcastle rather than towards Gateshead as well.  I wonder if when eventually concerts resume and there's stuff on at the Sage whether a service will be reintroduced on an evening.

The ironic thing is, because buses are so irregular down there on a night, I've seen the Q3 getting delayed by the ever number of increasing taxis - that park at the bottom of Dean St, blocking the road and bus stops. 
There probably wouldn't be the need for as many taxis, if the public transport provision in the area was better.

(08 Jun 2021, 2:45 pm)Rob44 I blame to much strong lager

Lager from the Crown Posada?! 
Sacrilegious.

big mac

08 Jun 2021, 3:46 pm #320
(08 Jun 2021, 3:37 pm)Andreos1 The ironic thing is, because buses are so irregular down there on a night, I've seen the Q3 getting delayed by the ever number of increasing taxis - that park at the bottom of Dean St, blocking the road and bus stops. 

The £1 fare will help although I'm not sure how much of a difference it would make to the taxis even if the bus services were better around that area.  I think it's more of a case of people simply don't use buses to go drinking like they used to.  I remember people absolutely piling on services like the 27 and the 639 on Low Fell in the 90s which just simply doesn't happen any more.

big mac
08 Jun 2021, 3:46 pm #320

(08 Jun 2021, 3:37 pm)Andreos1 The ironic thing is, because buses are so irregular down there on a night, I've seen the Q3 getting delayed by the ever number of increasing taxis - that park at the bottom of Dean St, blocking the road and bus stops. 

The £1 fare will help although I'm not sure how much of a difference it would make to the taxis even if the bus services were better around that area.  I think it's more of a case of people simply don't use buses to go drinking like they used to.  I remember people absolutely piling on services like the 27 and the 639 on Low Fell in the 90s which just simply doesn't happen any more.

Pages (19) Previous 115 16 1719 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average