Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Summer Fares Offer

Summer Fares Offer

Summer Fares Offer

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (6) 1 2 36 Next
Andreos1

29 Jul 2021, 5:13 pm #2
(29 Jul 2021, 5:07 pm)citaro5284 https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/summer-saving-fares

Hopefully these initiatives work. 
Long may they continue!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
29 Jul 2021, 5:13 pm #2

(29 Jul 2021, 5:07 pm)citaro5284 https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/summer-saving-fares

Hopefully these initiatives work. 
Long may they continue!

Adrian

29 Jul 2021, 5:59 pm #3
(29 Jul 2021, 5:13 pm)Andreos1 Hopefully these initiatives work. 
Long may they continue!

And long may the maps continue!
I'll keep saying it, but I do find routes laid out on a map like that extremely useful.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
29 Jul 2021, 5:59 pm #3

(29 Jul 2021, 5:13 pm)Andreos1 Hopefully these initiatives work. 
Long may they continue!

And long may the maps continue!
I'll keep saying it, but I do find routes laid out on a map like that extremely useful.

Adrian

29 Jul 2021, 6:02 pm #4
...and because we get maps, its good to see that a common-sense approach has been taken to the boundary at Bournmoor, allowing the ticket to be valid on the 4.

Adrian
29 Jul 2021, 6:02 pm #4

...and because we get maps, its good to see that a common-sense approach has been taken to the boundary at Bournmoor, allowing the ticket to be valid on the 4.

JP6004

29 Jul 2021, 6:14 pm #5
(29 Jul 2021, 5:59 pm)Adrian And long may the maps continue!
Seems to confirm the purple sunderland district is indeed for the 55
JP6004
29 Jul 2021, 6:14 pm #5

Seems to confirm the purple sunderland district is indeed for the 55

Andreos1

29 Jul 2021, 7:29 pm #6

Agreed. Particularly useful for those who prefer the visual layout and can clearly see defined, structured boundaries. Not just a thick line that runs down the middle of a town or village.

Andreos1
29 Jul 2021, 7:29 pm #6

Agreed. Particularly useful for those who prefer the visual layout and can clearly see defined, structured boundaries. Not just a thick line that runs down the middle of a town or village.

Ambassador

29 Jul 2021, 8:22 pm #7
Wow, they’ve included all of Gateshead in the Gateshead zone.

For the first time in 20 odd years they’re acknowledging Gateshead doesn’t end at Eighton Lodge!!

You start competing with taxis for the Low Fell set at these prices

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
29 Jul 2021, 8:22 pm #7

Wow, they’ve included all of Gateshead in the Gateshead zone.

For the first time in 20 odd years they’re acknowledging Gateshead doesn’t end at Eighton Lodge!!

You start competing with taxis for the Low Fell set at these prices

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

29 Jul 2021, 9:35 pm #8
(29 Jul 2021, 6:14 pm)JP6004 Seems to confirm the purple sunderland district is indeed for the 55

Isn't the 2 in purple on the map though?

Bit odd that the 33, 38, 39, 700 are completely omitted from the map (also a big fan of network maps here) - presume its because they operate wholly within the city but seems a missed opportunity to include full network, and could easily have fitted on without looking too cluttered.  Assuming they aren't all lost in the service changes of course.
stagecoachbusdepot
29 Jul 2021, 9:35 pm #8

(29 Jul 2021, 6:14 pm)JP6004 Seems to confirm the purple sunderland district is indeed for the 55

Isn't the 2 in purple on the map though?

Bit odd that the 33, 38, 39, 700 are completely omitted from the map (also a big fan of network maps here) - presume its because they operate wholly within the city but seems a missed opportunity to include full network, and could easily have fitted on without looking too cluttered.  Assuming they aren't all lost in the service changes of course.

29 Jul 2021, 9:43 pm #9
These changes seem fairly positive, especially for people travelling from the likes of Chopwell where a single ticket has halved in price

So, does the Gateshead zone include Newcastle? The map could be interpreted either way
Edited 29 Jul 2021, 9:49 pm by streetdeckfan.
streetdeckfan
29 Jul 2021, 9:43 pm #9

These changes seem fairly positive, especially for people travelling from the likes of Chopwell where a single ticket has halved in price

So, does the Gateshead zone include Newcastle? The map could be interpreted either way

Dan

Site Administrator

29 Jul 2021, 10:05 pm #10
(29 Jul 2021, 9:35 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Isn't the 2 in purple on the map though?

There’s a separate, more detailed, map for Sunderland Central. It’s impossible to show all those routes without it looking cluttered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan
29 Jul 2021, 10:05 pm #10

(29 Jul 2021, 9:35 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Isn't the 2 in purple on the map though?

There’s a separate, more detailed, map for Sunderland Central. It’s impossible to show all those routes without it looking cluttered.

29 Jul 2021, 10:34 pm #11
(29 Jul 2021, 10:05 pm)Dan There’s a separate, more detailed, map for Sunderland Central. It’s impossible to show all those routes without it looking cluttered.

Is that online somewhere?  I had a quick look and couldn't see it.  Though have to say I find the whole 'fares & tickets' section of the GNE website overwhelming to the point of being offputting as there are just so many links and options it's pretty impossible as an infrequent GNE customer to work out what on earth I should look at!
stagecoachbusdepot
29 Jul 2021, 10:34 pm #11

(29 Jul 2021, 10:05 pm)Dan There’s a separate, more detailed, map for Sunderland Central. It’s impossible to show all those routes without it looking cluttered.

Is that online somewhere?  I had a quick look and couldn't see it.  Though have to say I find the whole 'fares & tickets' section of the GNE website overwhelming to the point of being offputting as there are just so many links and options it's pretty impossible as an infrequent GNE customer to work out what on earth I should look at!

idiot

29 Jul 2021, 10:50 pm #12
Good start. Unfortunately I have to cross boundaries twice a week.
idiot
29 Jul 2021, 10:50 pm #12

Good start. Unfortunately I have to cross boundaries twice a week.

Drifter60

30 Jul 2021, 12:21 am #13
An interesting move, certainly welcome and I do echo the comments about maps being helpful because then you can see routes and boundary points clearly.

I’ve just noticed though that Follinsby Park doesn’t seem to be included in the Gateshead zone or Sunderland zone, double checking what I thought that it’s indeed in the Borough of Gateshead, is it a mistake that it’s excluded from that ticket? Also considering the below anomaly about Seaham, it might have been nice for the Sunderland ticket to include Follingsby too, so both areas can benefit considering it’s on the border of Gateshead to Sunderland.

Its also a little odd that a City of Sunderland zone is actually including Seaham and Murton, when they’re not part of Sunderland. Washington and Houghton is one thing being City of Sunderland Council and Tyne and Wear etc., but as a passenger I certainly wouldn’t think of a ‘City of Sunderland’ ticket being valid in areas of County Durham. Maybe it should been Sunderland Plus or something?
Drifter60
30 Jul 2021, 12:21 am #13

An interesting move, certainly welcome and I do echo the comments about maps being helpful because then you can see routes and boundary points clearly.

I’ve just noticed though that Follinsby Park doesn’t seem to be included in the Gateshead zone or Sunderland zone, double checking what I thought that it’s indeed in the Borough of Gateshead, is it a mistake that it’s excluded from that ticket? Also considering the below anomaly about Seaham, it might have been nice for the Sunderland ticket to include Follingsby too, so both areas can benefit considering it’s on the border of Gateshead to Sunderland.

Its also a little odd that a City of Sunderland zone is actually including Seaham and Murton, when they’re not part of Sunderland. Washington and Houghton is one thing being City of Sunderland Council and Tyne and Wear etc., but as a passenger I certainly wouldn’t think of a ‘City of Sunderland’ ticket being valid in areas of County Durham. Maybe it should been Sunderland Plus or something?

30 Jul 2021, 2:29 am #14
(29 Jul 2021, 9:43 pm)streetdeckfan So, does the Gateshead zone include Newcastle? The map could be interpreted either way

Highly doubt it, haven't seen anything to confirm either way, but considering the zone is being touted as a ticket to cover the entire Borough I don't think it would make any sense to include Newcastle which definitely isn't in the Borough of Gateshead.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
30 Jul 2021, 2:29 am #14

(29 Jul 2021, 9:43 pm)streetdeckfan So, does the Gateshead zone include Newcastle? The map could be interpreted either way

Highly doubt it, haven't seen anything to confirm either way, but considering the zone is being touted as a ticket to cover the entire Borough I don't think it would make any sense to include Newcastle which definitely isn't in the Borough of Gateshead.

30 Jul 2021, 3:04 am #15
(30 Jul 2021, 2:29 am)6049 Highly doubt it, haven't seen anything to confirm either way, but considering the zone is being touted as a ticket to cover the entire Borough I don't think it would make any sense to include Newcastle which definitely isn't in the Borough of Gateshead.

If it's not included then I do feel like the zone map is slightly misleading having Newcastle and Gateshead in the same bubble.
Plus, iirc Newcastle and Gateshead have been considered the same area in terms of ticketing with previous zones.
streetdeckfan
30 Jul 2021, 3:04 am #15

(30 Jul 2021, 2:29 am)6049 Highly doubt it, haven't seen anything to confirm either way, but considering the zone is being touted as a ticket to cover the entire Borough I don't think it would make any sense to include Newcastle which definitely isn't in the Borough of Gateshead.

If it's not included then I do feel like the zone map is slightly misleading having Newcastle and Gateshead in the same bubble.
Plus, iirc Newcastle and Gateshead have been considered the same area in terms of ticketing with previous zones.

Storx

30 Jul 2021, 7:13 am #16

Is the 55 even going to exist after? From what I've heard the X1 / X20 is replacing it.

(30 Jul 2021, 12:21 am)Drifter60 An interesting move, certainly welcome and I do echo the comments about maps being helpful because then you can see routes and boundary points clearly.

Isn't the City of Sunderland area just what will be the Sunderland and District routes. Looking at what routes there are it certainly seems that way at least anyway. Obviously they can't call it that yet though as it doesn't exist yet. 

Not sure whether the 9/26 are becoming part of it yet as they're the only routes going out the area.
Storx
30 Jul 2021, 7:13 am #16

Is the 55 even going to exist after? From what I've heard the X1 / X20 is replacing it.

(30 Jul 2021, 12:21 am)Drifter60 An interesting move, certainly welcome and I do echo the comments about maps being helpful because then you can see routes and boundary points clearly.

Isn't the City of Sunderland area just what will be the Sunderland and District routes. Looking at what routes there are it certainly seems that way at least anyway. Obviously they can't call it that yet though as it doesn't exist yet. 

Not sure whether the 9/26 are becoming part of it yet as they're the only routes going out the area.

cbma06

30 Jul 2021, 7:32 am #17
(30 Jul 2021, 7:13 am)Storx Is the 55 even going to exist after? From what I've heard the X1 / X20 is replacing it.

I don’t know what the original changes were for service 55, but GNE have decided not to go ahead with changing the 55 from what was said on Martijn Facebook stream yesterday

cbma06
30 Jul 2021, 7:32 am #17

(30 Jul 2021, 7:13 am)Storx Is the 55 even going to exist after? From what I've heard the X1 / X20 is replacing it.

I don’t know what the original changes were for service 55, but GNE have decided not to go ahead with changing the 55 from what was said on Martijn Facebook stream yesterday

Storx

30 Jul 2021, 7:59 am #18
(30 Jul 2021, 7:32 am)cbma06 I don’t know what the original changes were for service 55, but GNE have decided not to go ahead with changing the 55 from what was said on Martijn Facebook stream yesterday

Ah that's fair guess we'll just have to see what happens then.
Storx
30 Jul 2021, 7:59 am #18

(30 Jul 2021, 7:32 am)cbma06 I don’t know what the original changes were for service 55, but GNE have decided not to go ahead with changing the 55 from what was said on Martijn Facebook stream yesterday

Ah that's fair guess we'll just have to see what happens then.

Drifter60

30 Jul 2021, 1:25 pm #19

Well just one of many reasons why I’m not a fan of brands featuring a place name, if they go outside that area. Sunderland District Berries works sort of okay, as it’s wholly within “Sunderland” and ‘District’ I guess implies we’re talking about wider Sunderland ie, Houghton and Washington. But Seaham isn’t Sunderland, so shouldn’t include Drifter or the 61 or the 9 either as that’s South Tyneside for a good section too. I mean I’m not a fan of the berries bit, but that’s a separate conversation. 
It’s the same reason why the 2xx routes based out of Peterlee depot shouldn’t be known as “Peterlee xxx” (seen that suggested) as Peterlee isn’t Seaham and neither is Durham. A few of the 2xx and the 60/61 routes go into places that aren’t solely Sunderland or Peterlee; namely Wingate, Seaham, Durham, Belmont, Dalton Park and Murton. 

It’s also clunky using place names within brands I find, the Sunderland District Drifter 60 to Sunderland? Or just the Drifter 60 to Sunderland? One sounds better on a Next Stop Announcement and is a simpler brand name to remember and use in conversation. And not mention brands such as Drifter and Prince Bishop have been around for 10-15 years, changing them and unnecessarily complicating and elongating them would be a mistake IMO.
Drifter60
30 Jul 2021, 1:25 pm #19

Well just one of many reasons why I’m not a fan of brands featuring a place name, if they go outside that area. Sunderland District Berries works sort of okay, as it’s wholly within “Sunderland” and ‘District’ I guess implies we’re talking about wider Sunderland ie, Houghton and Washington. But Seaham isn’t Sunderland, so shouldn’t include Drifter or the 61 or the 9 either as that’s South Tyneside for a good section too. I mean I’m not a fan of the berries bit, but that’s a separate conversation. 
It’s the same reason why the 2xx routes based out of Peterlee depot shouldn’t be known as “Peterlee xxx” (seen that suggested) as Peterlee isn’t Seaham and neither is Durham. A few of the 2xx and the 60/61 routes go into places that aren’t solely Sunderland or Peterlee; namely Wingate, Seaham, Durham, Belmont, Dalton Park and Murton. 

It’s also clunky using place names within brands I find, the Sunderland District Drifter 60 to Sunderland? Or just the Drifter 60 to Sunderland? One sounds better on a Next Stop Announcement and is a simpler brand name to remember and use in conversation. And not mention brands such as Drifter and Prince Bishop have been around for 10-15 years, changing them and unnecessarily complicating and elongating them would be a mistake IMO.

cbma06

30 Jul 2021, 1:34 pm #20
(30 Jul 2021, 1:25 pm)Drifter60 Well just one of many reasons why I’m not a fan of brands featuring a place name, if they go outside that area. Sunderland District Berries works sort of okay, as it’s wholly within “Sunderland” and ‘District’ I guess implies we’re talking about wider Sunderland ie, Houghton and Washington. But Seaham isn’t Sunderland, so shouldn’t include Drifter or the 61 or the 9 either as that’s South Tyneside for a good section too. I mean I’m not a fan of the berries bit, but that’s a separate conversation. 

Don’t forget the original SDO used to operate buses to Durham/Bishop Auckland/South Shields/Newcastle etc… and not just in the Sunderland district area

I don’t mind the brands, but don’t like route branding especially when the bus does other routes, especially on Arriva buses when anything from the depot turns up

cbma06
30 Jul 2021, 1:34 pm #20

(30 Jul 2021, 1:25 pm)Drifter60 Well just one of many reasons why I’m not a fan of brands featuring a place name, if they go outside that area. Sunderland District Berries works sort of okay, as it’s wholly within “Sunderland” and ‘District’ I guess implies we’re talking about wider Sunderland ie, Houghton and Washington. But Seaham isn’t Sunderland, so shouldn’t include Drifter or the 61 or the 9 either as that’s South Tyneside for a good section too. I mean I’m not a fan of the berries bit, but that’s a separate conversation. 

Don’t forget the original SDO used to operate buses to Durham/Bishop Auckland/South Shields/Newcastle etc… and not just in the Sunderland district area

I don’t mind the brands, but don’t like route branding especially when the bus does other routes, especially on Arriva buses when anything from the depot turns up

Pages (6) 1 2 36 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average