Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Summer Fares Offer

Summer Fares Offer

Summer Fares Offer

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (6) Previous 1 2 3 46 Next
Ambassador

01 Aug 2021, 11:34 pm #41
(01 Aug 2021, 10:50 pm)streetdeckfan That's what customer services told me, prices revert to the full standard single if the journey starts or ends outside of the Gateshead Zone

Christ, that’s the bus fare equivalent of click bait.

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
01 Aug 2021, 11:34 pm #41

(01 Aug 2021, 10:50 pm)streetdeckfan That's what customer services told me, prices revert to the full standard single if the journey starts or ends outside of the Gateshead Zone

Christ, that’s the bus fare equivalent of click bait.

01 Aug 2021, 11:48 pm #42
(01 Aug 2021, 11:34 pm)Ambassador Christ, that’s the bus fare equivalent of click bait.

This is exactly why Newcastle and Gateshead being in the same bubble infuriates me so much!

I've shown a few of my friends the map and they all thought that Newcastle and Gateshead would be charged the same fare since they're represented as being the same place
streetdeckfan
01 Aug 2021, 11:48 pm #42

(01 Aug 2021, 11:34 pm)Ambassador Christ, that’s the bus fare equivalent of click bait.

This is exactly why Newcastle and Gateshead being in the same bubble infuriates me so much!

I've shown a few of my friends the map and they all thought that Newcastle and Gateshead would be charged the same fare since they're represented as being the same place

Adrian

02 Aug 2021, 9:12 am #43
Noticed on the app that there's a new category for 'Summer Saving Fares', which includes the three area tickets in 1 Day, 7 Day and Flexi 5 formats, All GoZones 1 day ticket and the £1 evening fare ticket.

The 'GoZones' category is still there, but it seems to have been unnecessarily conflated by adding the same tickets above into this category, with the same colours as the standard tickets which are still available, but you have to scroll right down to the bottom of the category to see them.

I also noticed on one of the Gateshead borough ad posts that GNE are running, someone asked about Newcastle being included and they were pointed to this link, which gives a maximum return fare of £6 and the £6 All Zones day ticket, despite a cheaper option being to buy a Purple Zone day ticket. I wonder if the single Go Zone tickets are being discouraged as part of this?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
02 Aug 2021, 9:12 am #43

Noticed on the app that there's a new category for 'Summer Saving Fares', which includes the three area tickets in 1 Day, 7 Day and Flexi 5 formats, All GoZones 1 day ticket and the £1 evening fare ticket.

The 'GoZones' category is still there, but it seems to have been unnecessarily conflated by adding the same tickets above into this category, with the same colours as the standard tickets which are still available, but you have to scroll right down to the bottom of the category to see them.

I also noticed on one of the Gateshead borough ad posts that GNE are running, someone asked about Newcastle being included and they were pointed to this link, which gives a maximum return fare of £6 and the £6 All Zones day ticket, despite a cheaper option being to buy a Purple Zone day ticket. I wonder if the single Go Zone tickets are being discouraged as part of this?

02 Aug 2021, 9:45 am #44
(02 Aug 2021, 9:12 am)Adrian Noticed on the app that there's a new category for 'Summer Saving Fares', which includes the three area tickets in 1 Day, 7 Day and Flexi 5 formats, All GoZones 1 day ticket and the £1 evening fare ticket.

Is it just me or does it seem like they're actively going out of their way to confuse passengers?
streetdeckfan
02 Aug 2021, 9:45 am #44

(02 Aug 2021, 9:12 am)Adrian Noticed on the app that there's a new category for 'Summer Saving Fares', which includes the three area tickets in 1 Day, 7 Day and Flexi 5 formats, All GoZones 1 day ticket and the £1 evening fare ticket.

Is it just me or does it seem like they're actively going out of their way to confuse passengers?

JP6004

02 Aug 2021, 9:55 am #45
Well not really it does say gateshead zone. Thought it would be obvious that coming from outside this zone would be more expensive.....you know as your not in gateshead. In the same way it's a set price in zone A on the metro, however if you come from outside zone A, the price goes up  Blush
JP6004
02 Aug 2021, 9:55 am #45

Well not really it does say gateshead zone. Thought it would be obvious that coming from outside this zone would be more expensive.....you know as your not in gateshead. In the same way it's a set price in zone A on the metro, however if you come from outside zone A, the price goes up  Blush

Ambassador

02 Aug 2021, 10:01 am #46
(02 Aug 2021, 9:55 am)JP6004 Well not really it does say gateshead zone. Thought it would be obvious that coming from outside this zone would be more expensive.....you know as your not in gateshead. In the same way it's a set price in zone A on the metro, however if you come from outside zone A, the price goes up  Blush

So I click on the map and it shows Newcastle and Gateshead in the same bubble, you can't actually see the Gateshead boundary. 

From that map visual alone it would intimate that services from Newcastle to Gateshead are in the same fare zone. If they took the massively misleading white dot off and replaced it with something less misleading that would work.

Ambassador
02 Aug 2021, 10:01 am #46

(02 Aug 2021, 9:55 am)JP6004 Well not really it does say gateshead zone. Thought it would be obvious that coming from outside this zone would be more expensive.....you know as your not in gateshead. In the same way it's a set price in zone A on the metro, however if you come from outside zone A, the price goes up  Blush

So I click on the map and it shows Newcastle and Gateshead in the same bubble, you can't actually see the Gateshead boundary. 

From that map visual alone it would intimate that services from Newcastle to Gateshead are in the same fare zone. If they took the massively misleading white dot off and replaced it with something less misleading that would work.

Adrian

02 Aug 2021, 10:03 am #47

The Metro map clearly shows what the zones are: https://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/f...2018_0.pdf

The Gateshead Borough ticket map doesn't: https://images-gonortheast.passenger-web...eshead.pdf

Adrian
02 Aug 2021, 10:03 am #47

The Metro map clearly shows what the zones are: https://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/f...2018_0.pdf

The Gateshead Borough ticket map doesn't: https://images-gonortheast.passenger-web...eshead.pdf

JP6004

02 Aug 2021, 10:11 am #48
(02 Aug 2021, 10:01 am)Ambassador So I click on the map and it shows Newcastle and Gateshead in the same bubble, you can't actually see the Gateshead boundary. 

Surely this indicates the £1.50 special cross tyne fare?
JP6004
02 Aug 2021, 10:11 am #48

(02 Aug 2021, 10:01 am)Ambassador So I click on the map and it shows Newcastle and Gateshead in the same bubble, you can't actually see the Gateshead boundary. 

Surely this indicates the £1.50 special cross tyne fare?

02 Aug 2021, 10:12 am #49

Exactly, and if we're going by the logic of only things inside the boundary line (that you can't see), then Gateshead wouldn't be in Gateshead because they've put the word Gateshead on the wrong side of the Tyne!
streetdeckfan
02 Aug 2021, 10:12 am #49

Exactly, and if we're going by the logic of only things inside the boundary line (that you can't see), then Gateshead wouldn't be in Gateshead because they've put the word Gateshead on the wrong side of the Tyne!

JP6004

02 Aug 2021, 10:13 am #50
(02 Aug 2021, 10:03 am)Adrian The Metro map clearly shows what the zones are: https://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/f...2018_0.pdf

My point is the gateshead borough is defined as one zone, travelling from outside of this zone, say from Chester or Washington would naturally cost more
JP6004
02 Aug 2021, 10:13 am #50

(02 Aug 2021, 10:03 am)Adrian The Metro map clearly shows what the zones are: https://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/f...2018_0.pdf

My point is the gateshead borough is defined as one zone, travelling from outside of this zone, say from Chester or Washington would naturally cost more

02 Aug 2021, 10:16 am #51
(02 Aug 2021, 10:13 am)JP6004 My point is the gateshead borough is defined as one zone, travelling from outside of this zone, say from Chester or Washington would naturally cost more

But they're both quite clearly outside of the boundary. Newcastle and Gateshead are together, in the same bubble, on the edge of the boundary.
streetdeckfan
02 Aug 2021, 10:16 am #51

(02 Aug 2021, 10:13 am)JP6004 My point is the gateshead borough is defined as one zone, travelling from outside of this zone, say from Chester or Washington would naturally cost more

But they're both quite clearly outside of the boundary. Newcastle and Gateshead are together, in the same bubble, on the edge of the boundary.

Adrian

02 Aug 2021, 10:19 am #52

Why does the dashed zone boundary line on the map not divide Gateshead and Newcastle then?  Huh

By bonding Gateshead and Newcastle together on a map, and not dividing them by any clear boundary, creates ambiguity and leaves it open to customer interpretation.

Adrian
02 Aug 2021, 10:19 am #52

Why does the dashed zone boundary line on the map not divide Gateshead and Newcastle then?  Huh

By bonding Gateshead and Newcastle together on a map, and not dividing them by any clear boundary, creates ambiguity and leaves it open to customer interpretation.

MurdnunoC

02 Aug 2021, 10:19 am #53
JP6004

But it's not defined as one zone as there are anomalies such as the ambiguous Newcastle/Gateshead bubble and the fact that Springwell Village is included despite not being in the borough of Gateshead.

You can make the same argument for Sunderland with the inclusion of Murton and Seaham, both if which lie outside the Borough of Sunderland.

Mark.
MurdnunoC
02 Aug 2021, 10:19 am #53

JP6004

But it's not defined as one zone as there are anomalies such as the ambiguous Newcastle/Gateshead bubble and the fact that Springwell Village is included despite not being in the borough of Gateshead.

You can make the same argument for Sunderland with the inclusion of Murton and Seaham, both if which lie outside the Borough of Sunderland.

Mark.

JP6004

02 Aug 2021, 10:22 am #54
(02 Aug 2021, 10:16 am)streetdeckfan But they're both quite clearly outside of the boundary. Newcastle and Gateshead are together, in the same bubble, on the edge of the boundary.
Again isn't this highlighting the cross tyne £1.50 fare.
JP6004
02 Aug 2021, 10:22 am #54

(02 Aug 2021, 10:16 am)streetdeckfan But they're both quite clearly outside of the boundary. Newcastle and Gateshead are together, in the same bubble, on the edge of the boundary.
Again isn't this highlighting the cross tyne £1.50 fare.

02 Aug 2021, 10:28 am #55
So I decided to do a cheeky edit to show what it should look like, and it's quite obvious that it was initially designed to have two distinct bubbles for Gateshead and Newcastle, otherwise why would they have designed in the cross-tyne links that are hidden by the bubble, but not where the Gateshead and Newcastle bubbles should have been.

That means it was definitely, in my eyes, a conscious effort to add confusion to the map

[Image: Bubblefix.png]
streetdeckfan
02 Aug 2021, 10:28 am #55

So I decided to do a cheeky edit to show what it should look like, and it's quite obvious that it was initially designed to have two distinct bubbles for Gateshead and Newcastle, otherwise why would they have designed in the cross-tyne links that are hidden by the bubble, but not where the Gateshead and Newcastle bubbles should have been.

That means it was definitely, in my eyes, a conscious effort to add confusion to the map

MurdnunoC

02 Aug 2021, 10:28 am #56
(02 Aug 2021, 10:22 am)JP6004 Again isn't this highlighting the cross tyne £1.50 fare.

No it's not. Travelling between Newcastle and Gateshead is a "short-hop" fare at the most. This just happens to be one which is clearly defined.

(02 Aug 2021, 10:28 am)streetdeckfan So I decided to do a cheeky edit to show what it should look like, and it's quite obvious that it was initially designed to have two distinct bubbles for Gateshead and Newcastle, otherwise why would they have designed in the cross-tyne links that are hidden by the bubble, but not where the Gateshead and Newcastle bubbles should have been.

That's a lot clearer to understand and, in reality, Newcastle doesn't actually need to be in a bubble at all.
Edited 02 Aug 2021, 10:30 am by MurdnunoC.
MurdnunoC
02 Aug 2021, 10:28 am #56

(02 Aug 2021, 10:22 am)JP6004 Again isn't this highlighting the cross tyne £1.50 fare.

No it's not. Travelling between Newcastle and Gateshead is a "short-hop" fare at the most. This just happens to be one which is clearly defined.

(02 Aug 2021, 10:28 am)streetdeckfan So I decided to do a cheeky edit to show what it should look like, and it's quite obvious that it was initially designed to have two distinct bubbles for Gateshead and Newcastle, otherwise why would they have designed in the cross-tyne links that are hidden by the bubble, but not where the Gateshead and Newcastle bubbles should have been.

That's a lot clearer to understand and, in reality, Newcastle doesn't actually need to be in a bubble at all.

Dan

Site Administrator

02 Aug 2021, 1:59 pm #57

I suppose this is the downside to creating a map that's geographically correct (something which everyone was in favour of, until analysing it in much closer detail).

(02 Aug 2021, 10:28 am)streetdeckfan That means it was definitely, in my eyes, a conscious effort to add confusion to the map

Don't be silly...

It's sad that there's been more discussion about a minor cosmetic issue on the map, than the actual campaign itself. I didn't think I'd see the day where Andreos1 had the most positive comments in the thread!
Dan
02 Aug 2021, 1:59 pm #57

I suppose this is the downside to creating a map that's geographically correct (something which everyone was in favour of, until analysing it in much closer detail).

(02 Aug 2021, 10:28 am)streetdeckfan That means it was definitely, in my eyes, a conscious effort to add confusion to the map

Don't be silly...

It's sad that there's been more discussion about a minor cosmetic issue on the map, than the actual campaign itself. I didn't think I'd see the day where Andreos1 had the most positive comments in the thread!

02 Aug 2021, 2:25 pm #58
(02 Aug 2021, 1:59 pm)Dan I suppose this is the downside to creating a map that's geographically correct (something which everyone was in favour of, until analysing it in much closer detail).

Don't be silly...

What else was there to discuss? Buses are cheaper. I don't think anyone had anything negative to say about the actual offer, just the marketing, and possibly a couple boundary disputes!

At least it's been fixed now, so where do I send my design consultancy invoice?  Big Grin

[Image: image.png]

S
trangely, they've also moved the boundary into the middle of the Tyne rather than being on the Gateshead side
streetdeckfan
02 Aug 2021, 2:25 pm #58

(02 Aug 2021, 1:59 pm)Dan I suppose this is the downside to creating a map that's geographically correct (something which everyone was in favour of, until analysing it in much closer detail).

Don't be silly...

What else was there to discuss? Buses are cheaper. I don't think anyone had anything negative to say about the actual offer, just the marketing, and possibly a couple boundary disputes!

At least it's been fixed now, so where do I send my design consultancy invoice?  Big Grin

S
trangely, they've also moved the boundary into the middle of the Tyne rather than being on the Gateshead side

Dan

Site Administrator

02 Aug 2021, 3:05 pm #59
(02 Aug 2021, 2:25 pm)streetdeckfan What else was there to discuss? Buses are cheaper. I don't think anyone had anything negative to say about the actual offer, just the marketing, and possibly a couple boundary disputes!

S

...in reality, Go North East asked the agency to modify the map before your comments were made, but they don't work as quickly as you do!

The boundary line is in the middle of the Tyne for ultimate clarity - it would get lost at Teams/Metrocentre otherwise - not very strange at all.
Dan
02 Aug 2021, 3:05 pm #59

(02 Aug 2021, 2:25 pm)streetdeckfan What else was there to discuss? Buses are cheaper. I don't think anyone had anything negative to say about the actual offer, just the marketing, and possibly a couple boundary disputes!

S

...in reality, Go North East asked the agency to modify the map before your comments were made, but they don't work as quickly as you do!

The boundary line is in the middle of the Tyne for ultimate clarity - it would get lost at Teams/Metrocentre otherwise - not very strange at all.

Drifter60

02 Aug 2021, 3:20 pm #60
In fairness, it clearly wasn’t just this forum confused by the boundary and placement of Newcastle, judging by people raising comments on social media or friends and family questions. It’s a shame that the marketing materials weren’t amended before the offer went live/details published, obviously in an ideal world it would have been. Nice to see it’s now much clearer.
Drifter60
02 Aug 2021, 3:20 pm #60

In fairness, it clearly wasn’t just this forum confused by the boundary and placement of Newcastle, judging by people raising comments on social media or friends and family questions. It’s a shame that the marketing materials weren’t amended before the offer went live/details published, obviously in an ideal world it would have been. Nice to see it’s now much clearer.

Pages (6) Previous 1 2 3 46 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average