Lumo

5 Replies, 604 Views

Their first passenger carrying service should have just left Kings Cross, ahead of stops at Stevenage, Newcastle, Morpeth and Edinburgh.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(21 Oct 2021, 10:47 am)Andreos1 Wrote: Their first passenger carrying service should have just left Kings Cross, ahead of stops at Stevenage, Newcastle, Morpeth and Edinburgh.

They carried friends and family last Sunday up to Edinburgh, with today's being the press. From what I've seen from Geoff Marshall on Twitter, their 803s look very good inside and well worth the cheap prices.
(21 Oct 2021, 4:44 pm)pbjd Wrote: They carried friends and family last Sunday up to Edinburgh, with today's being the press. From what I've seen from Geoff Marshall on Twitter, their 803s look very good inside and well worth the cheap prices.

Maninseat61 for me. Wasn't convinced about the race he had with Simon Calder mind.
(21 Oct 2021, 6:43 pm)Andreos1 Wrote: Maninseat61 for me. Wasn't convinced about the race he had with Simon Calder mind.

Where flying definitely won, but he got off at Haymarket and walked so it was a a draw just to stop Lumo getting a bad name before they start.
(21 Oct 2021, 9:23 pm)pbjd Wrote: Where flying definitely won, but he got off at Haymarket and walked so it was a a draw just to stop Lumo getting a bad name before they start.

Think the train was 10mins up at one point. 
Obviously no way that could be maintained. 

Agree that they had to let the train win particularly as they're specifically going after the airlines and Calder went via Glasgow too. 

On a slightly connected note, I watched Tim Dunn do his stuff on Saltburn recently. Our very own tyresmoke's 18 was hovering around in the background at one point.
It's all second class, so that's no from me.