Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Bygone Era Old Timetables

Old Timetables

Old Timetables

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
Wybus

10 Apr 2022, 8:20 pm #1
Back in the 1990s and the first half of the 2000s, what timetable leaflets were produced in the area?

Was it the responsibility of the operators, or did Nexus used to provide leaflets for more than just secured services (as was the norm in West Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, Greater Manchester etc)?

And regardless of whether it was the operators or the PTE who did timetables, were they seperate ones for individual services like recently, or was there area guides/booklets etc?
Wybus
10 Apr 2022, 8:20 pm #1

Back in the 1990s and the first half of the 2000s, what timetable leaflets were produced in the area?

Was it the responsibility of the operators, or did Nexus used to provide leaflets for more than just secured services (as was the norm in West Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, Greater Manchester etc)?

And regardless of whether it was the operators or the PTE who did timetables, were they seperate ones for individual services like recently, or was there area guides/booklets etc?

MVK 500R

10 Apr 2022, 8:25 pm #2
Timetables after 1986 became the responsibility of the bus operators, printed as individual leaflets for each service, though the PTE still published local guides.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
MVK 500R
10 Apr 2022, 8:25 pm #2

Timetables after 1986 became the responsibility of the bus operators, printed as individual leaflets for each service, though the PTE still published local guides.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

10 Apr 2022, 9:13 pm #3
(10 Apr 2022, 8:20 pm)Wybus Back in the 1990s and the first half of the 2000s, what timetable leaflets were produced in the area?

TWPTE/Nexus produced detailed massive fold out timetables covering each LA area (with most LAs divided into segments so e.g. had ST1 and ST2 for different parts of South Tyneside and N1-N6 for Newcastle/North Tyneside).  These were produced up until the end of 1998 then discontinued.  For a number of years thereafter Nexus just produced maps (which were excellent) in a series covering the whole region.  They did also produce some individual timetables, and a few booklets covering certain areas but largely around hospitals, key workplaces etc - but nothing like as comprehensive as they massive foldouts had been.
stagecoachbusdepot
10 Apr 2022, 9:13 pm #3

(10 Apr 2022, 8:20 pm)Wybus Back in the 1990s and the first half of the 2000s, what timetable leaflets were produced in the area?

TWPTE/Nexus produced detailed massive fold out timetables covering each LA area (with most LAs divided into segments so e.g. had ST1 and ST2 for different parts of South Tyneside and N1-N6 for Newcastle/North Tyneside).  These were produced up until the end of 1998 then discontinued.  For a number of years thereafter Nexus just produced maps (which were excellent) in a series covering the whole region.  They did also produce some individual timetables, and a few booklets covering certain areas but largely around hospitals, key workplaces etc - but nothing like as comprehensive as they massive foldouts had been.

10 Apr 2022, 11:21 pm #4
Nexus around here mainly did leaflets for tickets, metro, route maps, secured services, misc services, school services. Operators were left to do their own leaflets. Even some indepdents produced their own leaflets.

I know the likes of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, Merseytravel and GMPTE did leaflets for all services. Not sure of the West Midlands as I didn't frequent the area much, mainly due to it being difficult getting cheap tickets on Virgin Cross Country Trains. Strathclyde acted similarly to Nexus producing leaflets for secured services, plus rail timetables in the Strathclyde area, with bus operators producing their own timetables. Not sure what the case is for each travel area now since I don't collect timetables anymore, and my travel planning is via digital means.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
10 Apr 2022, 11:21 pm #4

Nexus around here mainly did leaflets for tickets, metro, route maps, secured services, misc services, school services. Operators were left to do their own leaflets. Even some indepdents produced their own leaflets.

I know the likes of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, Merseytravel and GMPTE did leaflets for all services. Not sure of the West Midlands as I didn't frequent the area much, mainly due to it being difficult getting cheap tickets on Virgin Cross Country Trains. Strathclyde acted similarly to Nexus producing leaflets for secured services, plus rail timetables in the Strathclyde area, with bus operators producing their own timetables. Not sure what the case is for each travel area now since I don't collect timetables anymore, and my travel planning is via digital means.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

tvd

21 Apr 2022, 7:13 am #5
The councils around Teesside produced timetable booklets for all the services running in their areas, certainly Redcar & Cleveland did and I think it might have been a joint effort with Middlesbrough, Stockton and Hartlepool too if memory serves.
It was quite a thick booklet and they did yearly versions I think, but sadly I never kept any of them as it would be interesting to look back at now!
tvd
21 Apr 2022, 7:13 am #5

The councils around Teesside produced timetable booklets for all the services running in their areas, certainly Redcar & Cleveland did and I think it might have been a joint effort with Middlesbrough, Stockton and Hartlepool too if memory serves.
It was quite a thick booklet and they did yearly versions I think, but sadly I never kept any of them as it would be interesting to look back at now!

Andreos1

21 Apr 2022, 8:16 am #6
(21 Apr 2022, 7:13 am)tvd The councils around Teesside produced timetable booklets for all the services running in their areas, certainly Redcar & Cleveland did and I think it might have been a joint effort with Middlesbrough, Stockton and Hartlepool too if memory serves.
It was quite a thick booklet and they did yearly versions I think,  but sadly I never kept any of them as it would be interesting to look back at now!
I picked up a giant version of the Hartlepool timetable one day from within a council office when I was doing some work for them. I then found out days later about all the cuts.
For some reason, I then binned it. Possibly disgust.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
21 Apr 2022, 8:16 am #6

(21 Apr 2022, 7:13 am)tvd The councils around Teesside produced timetable booklets for all the services running in their areas, certainly Redcar & Cleveland did and I think it might have been a joint effort with Middlesbrough, Stockton and Hartlepool too if memory serves.
It was quite a thick booklet and they did yearly versions I think,  but sadly I never kept any of them as it would be interesting to look back at now!
I picked up a giant version of the Hartlepool timetable one day from within a council office when I was doing some work for them. I then found out days later about all the cuts.

MurdnunoC

21 Apr 2022, 8:49 am #7
(21 Apr 2022, 8:16 am)Andreos1 I picked up a giant version of the Hartlepool timetable one day from within a council office when I was doing some work for them. I then found out days later about all the cuts.

There's no magic money tree to support little-used services as well as producing giant versions of timetables in colours ranging from battleship grey to sky blue pink. Shame on you for such wasteful behaviour, whether your disgust was justified or not.
MurdnunoC
21 Apr 2022, 8:49 am #7

(21 Apr 2022, 8:16 am)Andreos1 I picked up a giant version of the Hartlepool timetable one day from within a council office when I was doing some work for them. I then found out days later about all the cuts.

There's no magic money tree to support little-used services as well as producing giant versions of timetables in colours ranging from battleship grey to sky blue pink. Shame on you for such wasteful behaviour, whether your disgust was justified or not.

Andreos1

21 Apr 2022, 11:54 am #8
(21 Apr 2022, 8:49 am)MurdnunoC There's no magic money tree to support little-used services as well as producing giant versions of timetables in colours ranging from battleship grey to sky blue pink. Shame on you for such wasteful behaviour, whether your disgust was justified or not.
What we need is a QCS scheme that puts a stop to all these handouts the multi national operators keep getting.

Andreos1
21 Apr 2022, 11:54 am #8

(21 Apr 2022, 8:49 am)MurdnunoC There's no magic money tree to support little-used services as well as producing giant versions of timetables in colours ranging from battleship grey to sky blue pink. Shame on you for such wasteful behaviour, whether your disgust was justified or not.
What we need is a QCS scheme that puts a stop to all these handouts the multi national operators keep getting.

V514DFT

05 May 2022, 6:57 pm #9
Wheres all the old timetables gone that were in the Bygone Era?

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
05 May 2022, 6:57 pm #9

Wheres all the old timetables gone that were in the Bygone Era?

Kind Regards
Tez

05 May 2022, 10:08 pm #10
(05 May 2022, 6:57 pm)V514DFT Wheres all the old timetables gone that were in the Bygone Era?

Here: https://www.northeastbuses.co.uk/bygone/

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
05 May 2022, 10:08 pm #10

(05 May 2022, 6:57 pm)V514DFT Wheres all the old timetables gone that were in the Bygone Era?

Here: https://www.northeastbuses.co.uk/bygone/

V514DFT

06 May 2022, 9:48 am #11
Cheers mate

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
06 May 2022, 9:48 am #11

Cheers mate

Kind Regards
Tez

Jack Gill

10 Dec 2022, 6:57 pm #12
Anyone have a pdf timetable of the M6/M7/M8 when they first began operating (2017 i think?), if there is a pdf timetable of course.
Jack Gill
10 Dec 2022, 6:57 pm #12

Anyone have a pdf timetable of the M6/M7/M8 when they first began operating (2017 i think?), if there is a pdf timetable of course.

cbma06

11 Dec 2022, 8:27 am #13
(10 Dec 2022, 6:57 pm)Jack Gill Anyone have a pdf timetable of the M6/M7/M8 when they first began operating (2017 i think?), if there is a pdf timetable of course.

You could use the following link if you remember the website address during the past years, brings up the old website addresses with links to click on for old timetables etc… from years ago.

https://archive.org/web/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
11 Dec 2022, 8:27 am #13

(10 Dec 2022, 6:57 pm)Jack Gill Anyone have a pdf timetable of the M6/M7/M8 when they first began operating (2017 i think?), if there is a pdf timetable of course.

You could use the following link if you remember the website address during the past years, brings up the old website addresses with links to click on for old timetables etc… from years ago.

https://archive.org/web/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack Gill

11 Dec 2022, 8:50 am #14
Forgot about that website, thanks.
Jack Gill
11 Dec 2022, 8:50 am #14

Forgot about that website, thanks.

11 Dec 2022, 7:13 pm #15
(10 Dec 2022, 6:57 pm)Jack Gill Anyone have a pdf timetable of the M6/M7/M8 when they first began operating (2017 i think?), if there is a pdf timetable of course.
https://northeastbuses.co.uk/bygone/asse...030917.pdf

[Image: imageHandler.php?user=wibblejunior]
wibblejunior
11 Dec 2022, 7:13 pm #15

(10 Dec 2022, 6:57 pm)Jack Gill Anyone have a pdf timetable of the M6/M7/M8 when they first began operating (2017 i think?), if there is a pdf timetable of course.
https://northeastbuses.co.uk/bygone/asse...030917.pdf

[Image: imageHandler.php?user=wibblejunior]

Unber43

11 Dec 2022, 7:23 pm #16
Is wish there were all the timetables pdf for all pre-covid services
Unber43
11 Dec 2022, 7:23 pm #16

Is wish there were all the timetables pdf for all pre-covid services

MurdnunoC

11 Dec 2022, 7:47 pm #17
(11 Dec 2022, 7:23 pm)Unber43 Is wish there were all the timetables pdf for all pre-covid services

Most of them will be there. Are there any in particular you wish to view?
MurdnunoC
11 Dec 2022, 7:47 pm #17

(11 Dec 2022, 7:23 pm)Unber43 Is wish there were all the timetables pdf for all pre-covid services

Most of them will be there. Are there any in particular you wish to view?

Unber43

11 Dec 2022, 7:51 pm #18
(11 Dec 2022, 7:47 pm)MurdnunoC Most of them will be there. Are there any in particular you wish to view?
X21, X9/X10, 20/20A, 55/55A/55X, 88/88A.
Unber43
11 Dec 2022, 7:51 pm #18

(11 Dec 2022, 7:47 pm)MurdnunoC Most of them will be there. Are there any in particular you wish to view?
X21, X9/X10, 20/20A, 55/55A/55X, 88/88A.

17 Feb 2023, 4:11 pm #19
There are a number of backroads roads between Kibblesworth, Streetgate & Sunniside. Have any buses been routed along these?

ASX_Terranova
17 Feb 2023, 4:11 pm #19

There are a number of backroads roads between Kibblesworth, Streetgate & Sunniside. Have any buses been routed along these?

LVK 404L

17 Feb 2023, 4:59 pm #20
(17 Feb 2023, 4:11 pm)ASX_Terranova There are a number of backroads roads between Kibblesworth, Streetgate & Sunniside. Have any buses been routed along these?
Not official services no. But the old X32 did occasionally come down what was known locally as co -op bank in Kibblesworth.

The short cut route from Sunniside goes direct to Lamesley past the garden centre and actually omits Kibblesworth.  A bus could access that route, but if you wanted to turn and access Kibblesworth it's a single track and I don't like taking my car along there let alone anyone taking a bus.  Brings you out at the farm at Kibblesworth.  Probably meet a tractor head on.
LVK 404L
17 Feb 2023, 4:59 pm #20

(17 Feb 2023, 4:11 pm)ASX_Terranova There are a number of backroads roads between Kibblesworth, Streetgate & Sunniside. Have any buses been routed along these?
Not official services no. But the old X32 did occasionally come down what was known locally as co -op bank in Kibblesworth.

The short cut route from Sunniside goes direct to Lamesley past the garden centre and actually omits Kibblesworth.  A bus could access that route, but if you wanted to turn and access Kibblesworth it's a single track and I don't like taking my car along there let alone anyone taking a bus.  Brings you out at the farm at Kibblesworth.  Probably meet a tractor head on.

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average