Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Bygone Era Old Timetables

Old Timetables

Old Timetables

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (3) Previous 1 2 3
12 Mar 2024, 10:24 pm #41
(12 Mar 2024, 9:12 am)cbma06 Wearside bus company (Redby) Service 13 operated from Houghton Church bus stop, same as wear buses dupe 194 operated by metro riders and nationals and anything else the depot could lay its hands on.

Redby used the Wearside bus company name as there said that when Northern split the depots to independent brands like Wear Buses it was too similar to there Wearside bus company brand.

Wearside bus company started to run services again  in front of Wear buses with the 42/26 etc… with some journeys running the full length for through travel between silksworth and pennywell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers for this, really good to learn some of the backstory. 

I have the 42 down as Sunderland - Tunstall - Hollycarrside - Silksworth - Shiney Row - Washington.

However, I have nothing down about the 26? Was it a carbon copy of the 126 or did it extend to Washington? 

And are you aware of any other services that ran?

Thanks.
GDK1425
12 Mar 2024, 10:24 pm #41

(12 Mar 2024, 9:12 am)cbma06 Wearside bus company (Redby) Service 13 operated from Houghton Church bus stop, same as wear buses dupe 194 operated by metro riders and nationals and anything else the depot could lay its hands on.

Redby used the Wearside bus company name as there said that when Northern split the depots to independent brands like Wear Buses it was too similar to there Wearside bus company brand.

Wearside bus company started to run services again  in front of Wear buses with the 42/26 etc… with some journeys running the full length for through travel between silksworth and pennywell.

Cheers for this, really good to learn some of the backstory. 

I have the 42 down as Sunderland - Tunstall - Hollycarrside - Silksworth - Shiney Row - Washington.

However, I have nothing down about the 26? Was it a carbon copy of the 126 or did it extend to Washington? 

Thanks.

cbma06

13 Mar 2024, 5:54 am #42
(12 Mar 2024, 10:24 pm)GDK1425 Cheers for this, really good to learn some of the backstory. 

Thanks.

The 42 you mentioned came later under Redby name using double deckers, which were the 42/43 with a slight variation on route, with wear buses sticking a bus in front of them using 242/243.

Yea the 26 was same route as wear buses 126 at the time but commenced from crowtree leisure centre bus stop outside central bus station, but wasn’t an even timed service.

There were loads of services, but can’t remember them all, those were the days when you get to a bus stop and you literally can go anywhere than now with no competition left and all for profit and charge what there like and make you go when and where you go, some other members might be able to remember alot more of wearside bus company

cbma06
13 Mar 2024, 5:54 am #42

(12 Mar 2024, 10:24 pm)GDK1425 Cheers for this, really good to learn some of the backstory. 

Thanks.

The 42 you mentioned came later under Redby name using double deckers, which were the 42/43 with a slight variation on route, with wear buses sticking a bus in front of them using 242/243.

Yea the 26 was same route as wear buses 126 at the time but commenced from crowtree leisure centre bus stop outside central bus station, but wasn’t an even timed service.

There were loads of services, but can’t remember them all, those were the days when you get to a bus stop and you literally can go anywhere than now with no competition left and all for profit and charge what there like and make you go when and where you go, some other members might be able to remember alot more of wearside bus company

Pages (3) Previous 1 2 3

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average