Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Arriva North East: June 2022 Fare Increases

Arriva North East: June 2022 Fare Increases

Arriva North East: June 2022 Fare Increases

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Adrian

13 Jun 2022, 3:27 pm #1
Looks like another round of fare increases underway: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/...north-east

From what I can see, increases for a similar area were already made in April and January.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
13 Jun 2022, 3:27 pm #1

Looks like another round of fare increases underway: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/...north-east

From what I can see, increases for a similar area were already made in April and January.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Andreos1

13 Jun 2022, 3:38 pm #2
(13 Jun 2022, 3:27 pm)Adrian Looks like another round of fare increases underway: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/...north-east

No justifiable reason why they're pushing these increases either. Particularly as there's no mention of the a number of routes operating on common sections, day tickets or duos on there.

There's only the X4 I use from that list with any regularity and it's been mainly explorer, duo or family tickets when using it. Can't remember the last time I needed a single or return.

However if the X4 is going up, but the X3/X3A isn't, then any one with an ounce of common sense and travelling between points on a shared section of route is going to chose the latter.
Ditto with the 28 & 5 vs 28a & X93 on their common sections.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
13 Jun 2022, 3:38 pm #2

(13 Jun 2022, 3:27 pm)Adrian Looks like another round of fare increases underway: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/...north-east

No justifiable reason why they're pushing these increases either. Particularly as there's no mention of the a number of routes operating on common sections, day tickets or duos on there.

There's only the X4 I use from that list with any regularity and it's been mainly explorer, duo or family tickets when using it. Can't remember the last time I needed a single or return.

However if the X4 is going up, but the X3/X3A isn't, then any one with an ounce of common sense and travelling between points on a shared section of route is going to chose the latter.
Ditto with the 28 & 5 vs 28a & X93 on their common sections.

13 Jun 2022, 3:59 pm #3
Something to do with North Yorkshire I wonder?
omnicity4659
13 Jun 2022, 3:59 pm #3

Something to do with North Yorkshire I wonder?

Andreos1

13 Jun 2022, 4:25 pm #4
(13 Jun 2022, 3:59 pm)omnicity4659 Something to do with North Yorkshire I wonder?
That's the only link I can see between these routes.

Not sure why someone travelling between say Middlesbrough and Redcar or Guisborough should pay a premium though.
Ditto if they're taking a short hop between Marske and Saltburn.

Andreos1
13 Jun 2022, 4:25 pm #4

(13 Jun 2022, 3:59 pm)omnicity4659 Something to do with North Yorkshire I wonder?
That's the only link I can see between these routes.

Not sure why someone travelling between say Middlesbrough and Redcar or Guisborough should pay a premium though.
Ditto if they're taking a short hop between Marske and Saltburn.

RobinHood

13 Jun 2022, 6:20 pm #5
Didn't the Tees Valley 'ends' of these services get an increase back in April?

I suspect all this is, is finishing the job on the entire service.

For whatever reason, North Yorkshire didn't get an increase in April - maybe an agreement or restriction that has ended.
RobinHood
13 Jun 2022, 6:20 pm #5

Didn't the Tees Valley 'ends' of these services get an increase back in April?

For whatever reason, North Yorkshire didn't get an increase in April - maybe an agreement or restriction that has ended.

Andreos1

13 Jun 2022, 6:40 pm #6
(13 Jun 2022, 6:20 pm)RobinHood Didn't the Tees Valley 'ends' of these services get an increase back in April?

In which case, it needs communicating. Maybe not the exact details, but sharing what seems an arbitrary price increase for a random collection of routes, several weeks after a previous increase, isn't going to go down too well with the paying public.

Andreos1
13 Jun 2022, 6:40 pm #6

(13 Jun 2022, 6:20 pm)RobinHood Didn't the Tees Valley 'ends' of these services get an increase back in April?

In which case, it needs communicating. Maybe not the exact details, but sharing what seems an arbitrary price increase for a random collection of routes, several weeks after a previous increase, isn't going to go down too well with the paying public.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average