Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Driver Recruitment

Driver Recruitment

Driver Recruitment

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (5) Previous 13 4 5
xpm

22 Nov 2022, 9:44 am #81
(17 Nov 2022, 10:33 pm)Driver9*** Are you me? I left Arriva a few months ago after 22 years of service. I'd just had enough. Being lied to and abused by punters and other road users always came with the territory but it had gotten completely out of hand over the last few years. I now work in a factory. Yes, it's monotonous work, but on the other hand, no abuse, no complaints, I get to start and finish at the same time everyday and it's far less stressful. All for only 40p an hour less than I was getting on the top rate at Arriva.

Haha no - but the similarities continue!  I also work in a factory, but in a year I've had three pay rises and earn far more now then I could ever imagine at GNE, and without killing myself to do it!

The driving was never an issue for me, even with the stress of traffic and other road users, it was just everything else Smile  I work 12 hr shifts out of choice (and cos it pays a better hourly rate),  alternating patterns of day and night, but only work 14 days a month in total, my shifts are on a 4 week fixed pattern, and that works for me just fine.

Glad you've made the switch and have found a better way, that can't have been an easy decision having been there for that length of time.  Well done you.
xpm
22 Nov 2022, 9:44 am #81

(17 Nov 2022, 10:33 pm)Driver9*** Are you me? I left Arriva a few months ago after 22 years of service. I'd just had enough. Being lied to and abused by punters and other road users always came with the territory but it had gotten completely out of hand over the last few years. I now work in a factory. Yes, it's monotonous work, but on the other hand, no abuse, no complaints, I get to start and finish at the same time everyday and it's far less stressful. All for only 40p an hour less than I was getting on the top rate at Arriva.

Haha no - but the similarities continue!  I also work in a factory, but in a year I've had three pay rises and earn far more now then I could ever imagine at GNE, and without killing myself to do it!

The driving was never an issue for me, even with the stress of traffic and other road users, it was just everything else Smile  I work 12 hr shifts out of choice (and cos it pays a better hourly rate),  alternating patterns of day and night, but only work 14 days a month in total, my shifts are on a 4 week fixed pattern, and that works for me just fine.

Glad you've made the switch and have found a better way, that can't have been an easy decision having been there for that length of time.  Well done you.

P814VTY

22 Nov 2022, 4:17 pm #82
20 years in the industry here, and I'm currently looking elsewhere. Any jobs going? ?
P814VTY
22 Nov 2022, 4:17 pm #82

20 years in the industry here, and I'm currently looking elsewhere. Any jobs going? ?

22 Nov 2022, 5:25 pm #83
(22 Nov 2022, 4:17 pm)P814VTY 20 years in the industry here, and I'm currently looking elsewhere. Any jobs going? ?
Yes.... go on website
Retro Nero
22 Nov 2022, 5:25 pm #83

(22 Nov 2022, 4:17 pm)P814VTY 20 years in the industry here, and I'm currently looking elsewhere. Any jobs going? ?
Yes.... go on website

23 Nov 2022, 12:57 am #84
(22 Nov 2022, 9:44 am)xpm Haha no - but the similarities continue!  I also work in a factory, but in a year I've had three pay rises and earn far more now then I could ever imagine at GNE, and without killing myself to do it!

Cheers.

Plenty. Whereabouts in the NE do you live?

Oh and P814VTY, Arriva fleet number 280 Scania Saloon, a flying machine. I remember when the speed limiter was not working for a few months and I got her up to an indicated 75mph, some drivers claimed 80+ but they were probably talking bollocks lol.
Edited 23 Nov 2022, 1:02 am by Driver9***.
Driver9***
23 Nov 2022, 12:57 am #84

(22 Nov 2022, 9:44 am)xpm Haha no - but the similarities continue!  I also work in a factory, but in a year I've had three pay rises and earn far more now then I could ever imagine at GNE, and without killing myself to do it!

Cheers.

Plenty. Whereabouts in the NE do you live?

Oh and P814VTY, Arriva fleet number 280 Scania Saloon, a flying machine. I remember when the speed limiter was not working for a few months and I got her up to an indicated 75mph, some drivers claimed 80+ but they were probably talking bollocks lol.

P814VTY

24 Nov 2022, 4:53 pm #85
North Shields
P814VTY
24 Nov 2022, 4:53 pm #85

North Shields

Pages (5) Previous 13 4 5

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average