Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Newcastle and North Tyneside Tenders - March 2023

Newcastle and North Tyneside Tenders - March 2023

Newcastle and North Tyneside Tenders - March 2023

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (9) Previous 17 8 9
Aaron21

03 Mar 2023, 11:06 pm #161
(03 Mar 2023, 10:48 pm)Storx Was just thinking about this, does anyone know if the W2 is the new W2 or the old W2 as if this goes ahead then it means there's going to be absolutely no bus service between Sainsbury's and Whitley Bay via Whitley Lodge in an evening.

I understand cost cutting etc but this is a massive area to have absolutely nothing beyond 6pm or whatever who has always had an hourly service at least especially if you want people out of cars and there's really no alternative without a long walk.
The W2 is staying the exact same
Aaron21
03 Mar 2023, 11:06 pm #161

(03 Mar 2023, 10:48 pm)Storx Was just thinking about this, does anyone know if the W2 is the new W2 or the old W2 as if this goes ahead then it means there's going to be absolutely no bus service between Sainsbury's and Whitley Bay via Whitley Lodge in an evening.

I understand cost cutting etc but this is a massive area to have absolutely nothing beyond 6pm or whatever who has always had an hourly service at least especially if you want people out of cars and there's really no alternative without a long walk.
The W2 is staying the exact same

27 Mar 2023, 2:06 pm #162
Sorry but I'm getting lost trying to scroll back through this thread.

Can someone please make a list of what services got awarded to who... Thanks in advance Smile
logidoodah
27 Mar 2023, 2:06 pm #162

Sorry but I'm getting lost trying to scroll back through this thread.

Can someone please make a list of what services got awarded to who... Thanks in advance Smile

27 Mar 2023, 3:23 pm #163
Services in the public consultation

41/41A cut between Howdon & Hadrian Park (11 people wanted it kept)

51/W2 is the biggest one by far. The 51/W2 had a grand total of 228 responses to the consultation with most of them not wanting the cut.

51 will still be ran by Arriva between Newcastle & Whitley Bay however evening trips will operate between Newcastle & Holystone Park with a different operater

W2 will continue to operate the same route & timetable & operater

84/84A will be withdrawn (7 people objection to the plan)

552/M6 will be withdrawn. 16 response came from the M6 & 1 person from the 552. Local council will talk with nexus to decide on an idea for the people living in Vale House as they call it a transport shopper

K2 will be withdrawn

W1 had 8 responses. 5 were opposed, 2 asked for a route change & 1 was happy with the changes. They can't make the asked change but the W1 will have a different operater

Not in any order but here they are:
51 Haymarket - Whitley Bay: Evening trips to GNE. All other trips are still run by Arriva

Stagecoach: 18, 32/32A, 35, 54 and 317.

Gateshead Central Taxis have retained the 335, 342 and gained the 19 and X46

Phoenix has got the W1

This is all from other contributions to the thread
NEbushopper
27 Mar 2023, 3:23 pm #163

Services in the public consultation

41/41A cut between Howdon & Hadrian Park (11 people wanted it kept)

51/W2 is the biggest one by far. The 51/W2 had a grand total of 228 responses to the consultation with most of them not wanting the cut.

51 will still be ran by Arriva between Newcastle & Whitley Bay however evening trips will operate between Newcastle & Holystone Park with a different operater

W2 will continue to operate the same route & timetable & operater

84/84A will be withdrawn (7 people objection to the plan)

552/M6 will be withdrawn. 16 response came from the M6 & 1 person from the 552. Local council will talk with nexus to decide on an idea for the people living in Vale House as they call it a transport shopper

K2 will be withdrawn

W1 had 8 responses. 5 were opposed, 2 asked for a route change & 1 was happy with the changes. They can't make the asked change but the W1 will have a different operater

Not in any order but here they are:
51 Haymarket - Whitley Bay: Evening trips to GNE. All other trips are still run by Arriva

Stagecoach: 18, 32/32A, 35, 54 and 317.

Gateshead Central Taxis have retained the 335, 342 and gained the 19 and X46

Phoenix has got the W1

This is all from other contributions to the thread

DeltaMan

27 Mar 2023, 3:31 pm #164

According to the consultation, the residents were offered an hourly all day service, and it appears they rejected it (or those that shouted loudest got what they wanted)
DeltaMan
27 Mar 2023, 3:31 pm #164

According to the consultation, the residents were offered an hourly all day service, and it appears they rejected it (or those that shouted loudest got what they wanted)

Storx

27 Mar 2023, 4:35 pm #165
(27 Mar 2023, 3:31 pm)DeltaMan According to the consultation, the residents were offered an hourly all day service, and it appears they rejected it (or those that shouted loudest got what they wanted)

Aye I seen, I thought they might've gone ahead with the new W2 in addition to the 51 during the day.

Would've gave a 30 minute bus route throughout rather than the bizarre 30 minute plus hourly service duplicating each other between Briardene and Whitley Bay.

As I said in the other thread they should scrap the W2 and use it to fund the 51 and 54 in the evening instead imo, should be the same driver hours give or take and actually offer something useful. Shiremoor has a piss poor service now and Backworth and North Whitley Bay have nothing in an evening. It's just wrong even if there's not much demand there.
Storx
27 Mar 2023, 4:35 pm #165

(27 Mar 2023, 3:31 pm)DeltaMan According to the consultation, the residents were offered an hourly all day service, and it appears they rejected it (or those that shouted loudest got what they wanted)

Aye I seen, I thought they might've gone ahead with the new W2 in addition to the 51 during the day.

Would've gave a 30 minute bus route throughout rather than the bizarre 30 minute plus hourly service duplicating each other between Briardene and Whitley Bay.

As I said in the other thread they should scrap the W2 and use it to fund the 51 and 54 in the evening instead imo, should be the same driver hours give or take and actually offer something useful. Shiremoor has a piss poor service now and Backworth and North Whitley Bay have nothing in an evening. It's just wrong even if there's not much demand there.

Pages (9) Previous 17 8 9

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average