Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Strike Action

Strike Action

Strike Action

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (3) Previous 1 2 3
Chris 1

17 Apr 2024, 11:48 am #41
Cheers, that post wasn't there when I checked earlier this morning.
Chris 1
17 Apr 2024, 11:48 am #41

Cheers, that post wasn't there when I checked earlier this morning.

Adrian

17 Apr 2024, 5:40 pm #42
So they're advising people if they ask about strike action, but not putting a general post out or any update on their website? 'Live Bus Service Updates & Disruptions' is still blank. 

You'd think they'd want to give customers as much notice as possible, so that they can make alternative arrangements, etc. 

Why do these companies find it so difficult to communicate effectively with customers?!

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
17 Apr 2024, 5:40 pm #42

So they're advising people if they ask about strike action, but not putting a general post out or any update on their website? 'Live Bus Service Updates & Disruptions' is still blank. 

You'd think they'd want to give customers as much notice as possible, so that they can make alternative arrangements, etc. 

Why do these companies find it so difficult to communicate effectively with customers?!

Shrek

17 Apr 2024, 5:45 pm #43
(17 Apr 2024, 5:40 pm)Adrian So they're advising people if they ask about strike action, but not putting a general post out or any update on their website? 'Live Bus Service Updates & Disruptions' is still blank. 

Having seen the post earlier, I asked the driver on the way home if he knew what was happening and he said he didn't really understand what was happening. If the drivers don't know, I'm worried ?
Shrek
17 Apr 2024, 5:45 pm #43

(17 Apr 2024, 5:40 pm)Adrian So they're advising people if they ask about strike action, but not putting a general post out or any update on their website? 'Live Bus Service Updates & Disruptions' is still blank. 

Having seen the post earlier, I asked the driver on the way home if he knew what was happening and he said he didn't really understand what was happening. If the drivers don't know, I'm worried ?

Adrian

17 Apr 2024, 6:18 pm #44
(17 Apr 2024, 5:45 pm)Shrek Having seen the post earlier, I asked the driver on the way home if he knew what was happening and he said he didn't really understand what was happening. If the drivers don't know, I'm worried ?

It'd usually indicate there's been no deal (even in principle) agreed yet. I think realistically, and to avoid any industrial action, they'd need to have a deal out for members by noon tomorrow and workplace ballot Friday/Saturday.

They're cutting it fine, that's for sure.

Adrian
17 Apr 2024, 6:18 pm #44

(17 Apr 2024, 5:45 pm)Shrek Having seen the post earlier, I asked the driver on the way home if he knew what was happening and he said he didn't really understand what was happening. If the drivers don't know, I'm worried ?

It'd usually indicate there's been no deal (even in principle) agreed yet. I think realistically, and to avoid any industrial action, they'd need to have a deal out for members by noon tomorrow and workplace ballot Friday/Saturday.

They're cutting it fine, that's for sure.

RobinHood

18 Apr 2024, 9:41 am #45
Strike is suspended. New offer 6.1% to go to ballot. £15.01 allegedly top hourly rate of the offer.
RobinHood
18 Apr 2024, 9:41 am #45

Strike is suspended. New offer 6.1% to go to ballot. £15.01 allegedly top hourly rate of the offer.

Rob44

18 Apr 2024, 10:01 am #46

Why worried? From what my mate was telling me the number of cancelations on the 44/45 recently its hard to tell they weren't on strike already.

Do what ive done and just use your car - doesn't strike, no knackars at the back play carp music, swearing, etc takes you to and from your door.... might cost a little more but wont let your down!
Rob44
18 Apr 2024, 10:01 am #46

Why worried? From what my mate was telling me the number of cancelations on the 44/45 recently its hard to tell they weren't on strike already.

Do what ive done and just use your car - doesn't strike, no knackars at the back play carp music, swearing, etc takes you to and from your door.... might cost a little more but wont let your down!

Andreos1

18 Apr 2024, 10:17 am #47
(18 Apr 2024, 10:01 am)Rob44 Why worried? From what my mate was telling me the number of cancelations on the 44/45 recently its hard to tell they weren't on strike already.

Not even if the ex-crocodile is there?

MrsC has let me down AND plays crap music. Often swears too. Whether in the front or back.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
18 Apr 2024, 10:17 am #47

(18 Apr 2024, 10:01 am)Rob44 Why worried? From what my mate was telling me the number of cancelations on the 44/45 recently its hard to tell they weren't on strike already.

Not even if the ex-crocodile is there?

MrsC has let me down AND plays crap music. Often swears too. Whether in the front or back.

MurdnunoC

18 Apr 2024, 10:34 am #48
(18 Apr 2024, 10:17 am)Andreos1 Not even if the ex-crocodile is there?

If my car lets me down I tend to look for an upgrade/newer model.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk
MurdnunoC
18 Apr 2024, 10:34 am #48

If my car lets me down I tend to look for an upgrade/newer model.

Rob44

18 Apr 2024, 4:21 pm #49

nah she just sits there quite since she spotted me in town talking to two female newcastle fans a few weeks ago... WOMEN!!!
Rob44
18 Apr 2024, 4:21 pm #49

nah she just sits there quite since she spotted me in town talking to two female newcastle fans a few weeks ago... WOMEN!!!

Andreos1

18 Apr 2024, 4:25 pm #50
(18 Apr 2024, 10:34 am)MurdnunoC If my car lets me down I tend to look for an upgrade/newer model.

I've done that with previous MrsC's when they've let me down

(18 Apr 2024, 4:21 pm)Rob44 nah she just sits there quite since she spotted me in town talking to two female newcastle fans a few weeks ago... WOMEN!!!

Hope she's not the 'Baby Reindeer' type? 

(it's on Netflix if you haven't seen it)
Edited 18 Apr 2024, 4:26 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
18 Apr 2024, 4:25 pm #50

(18 Apr 2024, 10:34 am)MurdnunoC If my car lets me down I tend to look for an upgrade/newer model.

I've done that with previous MrsC's when they've let me down

(18 Apr 2024, 4:21 pm)Rob44 nah she just sits there quite since she spotted me in town talking to two female newcastle fans a few weeks ago... WOMEN!!!

Hope she's not the 'Baby Reindeer' type? 

(it's on Netflix if you haven't seen it)

Shrek

18 Apr 2024, 4:37 pm #51

The local Facebook groups are crying out for action and I'm sure our local Councillors will be telling them they're forcing Arriva to make improvements soon enough!

I parked the car at a friend's today and thought I'd use their GNE service to get to work instead. That didn't work so well either ?
Shrek
18 Apr 2024, 4:37 pm #51

The local Facebook groups are crying out for action and I'm sure our local Councillors will be telling them they're forcing Arriva to make improvements soon enough!

I parked the car at a friend's today and thought I'd use their GNE service to get to work instead. That didn't work so well either ?

Storx

18 Apr 2024, 5:44 pm #52
(18 Apr 2024, 4:37 pm)Shrek The local Facebook groups are crying out for action and I'm sure our local Councillors will be telling them they're forcing Arriva to make improvements soon enough!

I don't think anyone knows what the answer is, no doubt some will shout that franchising will be the magical fix to everything but it won't be as there's simply not the driver's. Having Stagecoach at Blyth offering the exact same wages and terms (which is this deal appears to be is) isn't exactly going to magically find Driver's from fresh air.
Edited 18 Apr 2024, 5:45 pm by Storx.
Storx
18 Apr 2024, 5:44 pm #52

(18 Apr 2024, 4:37 pm)Shrek The local Facebook groups are crying out for action and I'm sure our local Councillors will be telling them they're forcing Arriva to make improvements soon enough!

I don't think anyone knows what the answer is, no doubt some will shout that franchising will be the magical fix to everything but it won't be as there's simply not the driver's. Having Stagecoach at Blyth offering the exact same wages and terms (which is this deal appears to be is) isn't exactly going to magically find Driver's from fresh air.

Rob44

20 Apr 2024, 7:13 am #53
i get my mate to post on Hazlerigg FB group that these passengers that want arriva out and GNE in what to be careful what they wish for!
Rob44
20 Apr 2024, 7:13 am #53

i get my mate to post on Hazlerigg FB group that these passengers that want arriva out and GNE in what to be careful what they wish for!

Shrek

27 Apr 2024, 9:45 am #54
Using Arriva services over the last few days, you can see how much happier the drivers are. Very chatty with passengers, just a different vibe about them. It just shows companies what you get when you pay staff what they deserve.
Shrek
27 Apr 2024, 9:45 am #54

Using Arriva services over the last few days, you can see how much happier the drivers are. Very chatty with passengers, just a different vibe about them. It just shows companies what you get when you pay staff what they deserve.

Pages (3) Previous 1 2 3

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average