Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (52) Previous 127 28 2952 Next
V514DFT

10 Apr 2020, 2:42 pm #541
What about this
1 Slatyford-Cobalt Every 30 mins
1A Slatyford to Quorum and Balliol Business Park Every 30 mins
Combined 15 mins service between Coach Lane and Slatyford

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
10 Apr 2020, 2:42 pm #541

What about this
1 Slatyford-Cobalt Every 30 mins
1A Slatyford to Quorum and Balliol Business Park Every 30 mins
Combined 15 mins service between Coach Lane and Slatyford

Kind Regards
Tez

col87

18 Apr 2020, 5:29 pm #542
New service X36 Hartlepool Interchange- Middlesbrough via North Tees Hospital 

service 36 reduced to half hourly with new service X36 combining to keep 15 minute service Between Hartlepool and Middlesbrough. 

X36 Hartlepool Interchange then 36 route to Billingham Town Centre A19 Norton North Tees Hospital direct to Middlesbrough.  All 36 journeys to terminate at Hartlepool Interchange via original route of York Road and Victoria Road.  

Service X1 High Tunstall - James Cook Hospital via Seaton Cares. 
Hartlepool service 1 back to Hourly towards Middlesbrough with new service X1 combining to keep 30 minutes service to Middlesbrough.  
X1 Current service 1 route between High Tunstall and Hartlepool Town Centre then Park Road, Huckelovan Way, Mainsforth Terrace, Coronation Drive, Warrior Park, Station Lane, Seaton Carew Bus Station, Tees Road then current service 1 route to Middlesbrough bus station then limited stop to James Cook hospital via Linthorpe     

Service 1 rerouted via Current route but no longer serving Warrior Park operating via Elizabeth Way to Bus Station then current route to Middlesbrough.   

Hartlepool Town services 

Service 2 Throston Grange - Seaton Carew
Via University Hospital, Raby Road Town Centre Brenda Road, Teesbay Retail Park, Seaton Lane and Warrior Park.   

Service 5 Clavering - South Fens  Via Service 6 route to Mill House then Raby Road, Victoria Road, York Road, Stockton Road, Oxford Road, Caledonian Road, Westbrook Avenue, Tynebrook Avenue, Catcote Road. 

Service 7 Will operate via Interchange to connect with rail services every 30 minutes.  

Teesside 

Stockton Services 
New Service 53 Low Grange - Billingham - Billingham Green - Norton - Stockton - Portrack Lane.   Will link with service 52 at Low Grange and no longer link with 58. Both service 52 and 53 Will run every 20 minutes   Service 52 will extend to Teesside Park.   

Middlesbrough services 

New Service 3 Middlesbrough - Eston via Middleheaven 
Service 4 Middleheaven - Thornaby via Middlesbrough  
Service 39. Extended to Teesside Park.
col87
18 Apr 2020, 5:29 pm #542

New service X36 Hartlepool Interchange- Middlesbrough via North Tees Hospital 

service 36 reduced to half hourly with new service X36 combining to keep 15 minute service Between Hartlepool and Middlesbrough. 

X36 Hartlepool Interchange then 36 route to Billingham Town Centre A19 Norton North Tees Hospital direct to Middlesbrough.  All 36 journeys to terminate at Hartlepool Interchange via original route of York Road and Victoria Road.  

Hartlepool service 1 back to Hourly towards Middlesbrough with new service X1 combining to keep 30 minutes service to Middlesbrough.  
X1 Current service 1 route between High Tunstall and Hartlepool Town Centre then Park Road, Huckelovan Way, Mainsforth Terrace, Coronation Drive, Warrior Park, Station Lane, Seaton Carew Bus Station, Tees Road then current service 1 route to Middlesbrough bus station then limited stop to James Cook hospital via Linthorpe     

Service 1 rerouted via Current route but no longer serving Warrior Park operating via Elizabeth Way to Bus Station then current route to Middlesbrough.   

Hartlepool Town services 

Via University Hospital, Raby Road Town Centre Brenda Road, Teesbay Retail Park, Seaton Lane and Warrior Park.   

Service 5 Clavering - South Fens  Via Service 6 route to Mill House then Raby Road, Victoria Road, York Road, Stockton Road, Oxford Road, Caledonian Road, Westbrook Avenue, Tynebrook Avenue, Catcote Road. 

Service 7 Will operate via Interchange to connect with rail services every 30 minutes.  

Teesside 

Stockton Services 
New Service 53 Low Grange - Billingham - Billingham Green - Norton - Stockton - Portrack Lane.   Will link with service 52 at Low Grange and no longer link with 58. Both service 52 and 53 Will run every 20 minutes   Service 52 will extend to Teesside Park.   

Middlesbrough services 

18 Apr 2020, 7:23 pm #543
(18 Apr 2020, 5:29 pm)col87 New service X36 Hartlepool Interchange- Middlesbrough via North Tees Hospital 

Hartlepool Town services 

Teesside 

Stockton Services 

Middlesbrough services 

There should be evening services in the Throston and High Tunstall areas. The 1, 3, 3A finish around 6pm which is far too early.
Economic505
18 Apr 2020, 7:23 pm #543

(18 Apr 2020, 5:29 pm)col87 New service X36 Hartlepool Interchange- Middlesbrough via North Tees Hospital 

Hartlepool Town services 

Teesside 

Stockton Services 

Middlesbrough services 

There should be evening services in the Throston and High Tunstall areas. The 1, 3, 3A finish around 6pm which is far too early.

col87

18 Apr 2020, 8:50 pm #544
(18 Apr 2020, 7:23 pm)Economic505 There should be evening services in the Throston and High Tunstall areas. The 1, 3, 3A finish around 6pm which is far too early.
I agree the 1 was meant to be getting an evening service again but then nothing happened about it.
col87
18 Apr 2020, 8:50 pm #544

(18 Apr 2020, 7:23 pm)Economic505 There should be evening services in the Throston and High Tunstall areas. The 1, 3, 3A finish around 6pm which is far too early.
I agree the 1 was meant to be getting an evening service again but then nothing happened about it.

col87

18 Apr 2020, 9:51 pm #545
Another idea I am surprised stagecoach or any other operator has tried is an open Top service Between the Marina and Seaton Carew.  

101 Seaton Carew Bus Station - Navigation Point.  Via Seaton SeaFront and Church Street.  

102. Seaton Carew Bus Station - National Musuem of the Royal Navy.    

103 Seaton Carew Bus Station - Headland via Marina and Navigation Point 

PVR 4.  Weekends and School Holidays only ( weather Permitting).   
I think it would be worth a try.
col87
18 Apr 2020, 9:51 pm #545

Another idea I am surprised stagecoach or any other operator has tried is an open Top service Between the Marina and Seaton Carew.  

101 Seaton Carew Bus Station - Navigation Point.  Via Seaton SeaFront and Church Street.  

gwarnes87

Unregistered

04 May 2020, 4:11 pm #546
I would like to see south shields 30 extended to Newcastle.
gwarnes87
04 May 2020, 4:11 pm #546

I would like to see south shields 30 extended to Newcastle.

cbma06

04 May 2020, 4:53 pm #547
(04 May 2020, 4:11 pm)gwarnes87 I would like to see south shields 30 extended to Newcastle.

Been done before under a different number, there’s no demand to put service 30 to Newcastle, as passengers can transfer onto the X34 at Boldon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(18 Apr 2020, 9:51 pm)col87 Another idea I am surprised stagecoach or any other operator has tried is an open Top service Between the Marina and Seaton Carew.  

Can’t see that happening due to the cost with no demand, Hartlepool is not Scarborough

Edited 04 May 2020, 4:55 pm by cbma06.

cbma06
04 May 2020, 4:53 pm #547

(04 May 2020, 4:11 pm)gwarnes87 I would like to see south shields 30 extended to Newcastle.

Been done before under a different number, there’s no demand to put service 30 to Newcastle, as passengers can transfer onto the X34 at Boldon.

(18 Apr 2020, 9:51 pm)col87 Another idea I am surprised stagecoach or any other operator has tried is an open Top service Between the Marina and Seaton Carew.  

Can’t see that happening due to the cost with no demand, Hartlepool is not Scarborough

James101

04 May 2020, 8:16 pm #548
(04 May 2020, 4:53 pm)cbma06 Can’t see that happening due to the cost with no demand, Hartlepool is not Scarborough

The council ran their own service connecting all these points a few summers back using their in-house fleet. I heard it was popular but there was controversy over how many were genuine users and how many were just using it as a free bus since most of the attractions are handy stops for the town centre and marina shops anyway. 

Not sure how big the council fleet is now but they had a few Optare Solos and E300s at one point, could have been a useful asset to the town filling in the gaps left by the commercial network if current legislation hadn’t prevented them doing so.
James101
04 May 2020, 8:16 pm #548

(04 May 2020, 4:53 pm)cbma06 Can’t see that happening due to the cost with no demand, Hartlepool is not Scarborough

The council ran their own service connecting all these points a few summers back using their in-house fleet. I heard it was popular but there was controversy over how many were genuine users and how many were just using it as a free bus since most of the attractions are handy stops for the town centre and marina shops anyway. 

Not sure how big the council fleet is now but they had a few Optare Solos and E300s at one point, could have been a useful asset to the town filling in the gaps left by the commercial network if current legislation hadn’t prevented them doing so.

tyresmoke

04 May 2020, 8:39 pm #549
(04 May 2020, 8:16 pm)James101 The council ran their own service connecting all these points a few summers back using their in-house fleet. I heard it was popular but there was controversy over how many were genuine users and how many were just using it as a free bus since most of the attractions are handy stops for the town centre and marina shops anyway. 

There is definitely merit in linking a number of attractions up but the idea I have is spread over a wider area, linking much of Teesside estates direct to the seaside where direct links don't currently exist. It would only really be viable in high summer though, perhaps something for school buses to do.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
04 May 2020, 8:39 pm #549

(04 May 2020, 8:16 pm)James101 The council ran their own service connecting all these points a few summers back using their in-house fleet. I heard it was popular but there was controversy over how many were genuine users and how many were just using it as a free bus since most of the attractions are handy stops for the town centre and marina shops anyway. 

There is definitely merit in linking a number of attractions up but the idea I have is spread over a wider area, linking much of Teesside estates direct to the seaside where direct links don't currently exist. It would only really be viable in high summer though, perhaps something for school buses to do.

James101

04 May 2020, 8:51 pm #550
(04 May 2020, 8:39 pm)tyresmoke There is definitely merit in linking a number of attractions up but the idea I have is spread over a wider area, linking much of Teesside estates direct to the seaside where direct links don't currently exist. It would only really be viable in high summer though, perhaps something for school buses to do.

There’s a lot of car-less families on Teesside that would value a cheap day out. Mind £1.50 family day saver might be a bit  optimistic!  

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/7...st-ticket/
James101
04 May 2020, 8:51 pm #550

(04 May 2020, 8:39 pm)tyresmoke There is definitely merit in linking a number of attractions up but the idea I have is spread over a wider area, linking much of Teesside estates direct to the seaside where direct links don't currently exist. It would only really be viable in high summer though, perhaps something for school buses to do.

There’s a lot of car-less families on Teesside that would value a cheap day out. Mind £1.50 family day saver might be a bit  optimistic!  

tyresmoke

04 May 2020, 9:23 pm #551
(04 May 2020, 8:51 pm)James101 There’s a lot of car-less families on Teesside that would value a cheap day out. Mind £1.50 family day saver might be a bit  optimistic!  

Absolutely, there's plenty of families who don't have access to a car who are not able to catch the train to the likes of Seaton Carew or Saltburn... just needs someone with some idea of how to make it work. £1.50 day ticket sounds ideal back when the councils had money to throw at buses!

tyresmoke
04 May 2020, 9:23 pm #551

(04 May 2020, 8:51 pm)James101 There’s a lot of car-less families on Teesside that would value a cheap day out. Mind £1.50 family day saver might be a bit  optimistic!  

Absolutely, there's plenty of families who don't have access to a car who are not able to catch the train to the likes of Seaton Carew or Saltburn... just needs someone with some idea of how to make it work. £1.50 day ticket sounds ideal back when the councils had money to throw at buses!

Adrian

04 May 2020, 9:34 pm #552
(04 May 2020, 9:23 pm)tyresmoke Absolutely, there's plenty of families who don't have access to a car who are not able to catch the train to the likes of Seaton Carew or Saltburn... just needs someone with some idea of how to make it work. £1.50 day ticket sounds ideal back when the councils had money to throw at buses!
Or money to throw at anything for that matter

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
04 May 2020, 9:34 pm #552

(04 May 2020, 9:23 pm)tyresmoke Absolutely, there's plenty of families who don't have access to a car who are not able to catch the train to the likes of Seaton Carew or Saltburn... just needs someone with some idea of how to make it work. £1.50 day ticket sounds ideal back when the councils had money to throw at buses!
Or money to throw at anything for that matter

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

James101

04 May 2020, 9:57 pm #553

I seem to remember £1.50 bought my family a ride on the floor of a VR with a crush load when we caught it the year Continental ran it! Can’t say it wasn’t popular at those prices! 

I think they ended up putting a dupe on the last return journey as we got on a Lynx which went semi-express to Hartlepool. Remember my Gran scorning the driver for chucking a plastic bottle out of the open door.

The Navy Museums now operate the Historic Quay in Hartlepool. Administrated by the MoD they’re probably one of the more well heeled public bods who would be open to contributing to a service it was orientated around them? Small contributions from councillors budgets and some decent marketing could see something along those lines work?

Not to drag the same old subject up but it’s a good example of a service that makes sense, would be popular and good for the community and businesses. It’s a non-starter due to a system that demands a direct commercial return from a public service where the benefits should be measured in the benign it gives to the people and businesses en route.
James101
04 May 2020, 9:57 pm #553

I seem to remember £1.50 bought my family a ride on the floor of a VR with a crush load when we caught it the year Continental ran it! Can’t say it wasn’t popular at those prices! 

I think they ended up putting a dupe on the last return journey as we got on a Lynx which went semi-express to Hartlepool. Remember my Gran scorning the driver for chucking a plastic bottle out of the open door.

The Navy Museums now operate the Historic Quay in Hartlepool. Administrated by the MoD they’re probably one of the more well heeled public bods who would be open to contributing to a service it was orientated around them? Small contributions from councillors budgets and some decent marketing could see something along those lines work?

Not to drag the same old subject up but it’s a good example of a service that makes sense, would be popular and good for the community and businesses. It’s a non-starter due to a system that demands a direct commercial return from a public service where the benefits should be measured in the benign it gives to the people and businesses en route.

James101

05 May 2020, 8:57 pm #554
Following on from the discussion of a service from Hartlepool and Billingham to North Tees I've thought about re-working the Stockon - Norton corridor. Crucially I've tried to rework current PVRs rather than adding in extra resources which is unlikely to happen:

6 (Hartlepool)
Route to operate Owton Manor to Marina only. Operates every 15 minutes to provided a 7/8 minute frequency with revised 36/37 below. Service 7 becomes standalone. 

Reduced to every 30 minutes throughout. Re routed 37 maintains current frequency on key corridors. 36 & 37 both extend from Hartlepool Town Centre to Clavering along current 6 route so northern parts of the town benefit from extended services. 

Rerouted from Stockton. Along Durham Rd to North Tees, resumes current route through to Norton. Continues to Hartlepool along 36 route. Passengers in Roseworth now catch bus on the other side of the road to head to Stockton & Boro but all links and frequencies are maintained in this area. 

The map shows how key corridors have frequencies maintained:

.png
Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 21.31.22.png
Size 1.17 MB / Downloads 44

There's a lot shared corridors here so it may not be possible to have totally even frequencies on all sections but if it was orientated around having the 15 minute corridors on even headways it's less inconvenient if the 10 6 buses per hour corridors run at 8/12 minute intervals, for example. The only real downgrade buses between Boro and Norton direct via Stockton go from every 6/7 mins to every 10 but it's still a well served run.
James101
05 May 2020, 8:57 pm #554

Following on from the discussion of a service from Hartlepool and Billingham to North Tees I've thought about re-working the Stockon - Norton corridor. Crucially I've tried to rework current PVRs rather than adding in extra resources which is unlikely to happen:

6 (Hartlepool)
Route to operate Owton Manor to Marina only. Operates every 15 minutes to provided a 7/8 minute frequency with revised 36/37 below. Service 7 becomes standalone. 

Reduced to every 30 minutes throughout. Re routed 37 maintains current frequency on key corridors. 36 & 37 both extend from Hartlepool Town Centre to Clavering along current 6 route so northern parts of the town benefit from extended services. 

Rerouted from Stockton. Along Durham Rd to North Tees, resumes current route through to Norton. Continues to Hartlepool along 36 route. Passengers in Roseworth now catch bus on the other side of the road to head to Stockton & Boro but all links and frequencies are maintained in this area. 

.png
Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 21.31.22.png
Size 1.17 MB / Downloads 44

There's a lot shared corridors here so it may not be possible to have totally even frequencies on all sections but if it was orientated around having the 15 minute corridors on even headways it's less inconvenient if the 10 6 buses per hour corridors run at 8/12 minute intervals, for example. The only real downgrade buses between Boro and Norton direct via Stockton go from every 6/7 mins to every 10 but it's still a well served run.

tyresmoke

05 May 2020, 11:17 pm #555
I think the main provlem with that is you’d end up with the 36 and new 37 on top of each other from Norton through to Hartlepool as it wouldn’t lose half hour to go via the hospital I wouldn’t think.

tyresmoke
05 May 2020, 11:17 pm #555

I think the main provlem with that is you’d end up with the 36 and new 37 on top of each other from Norton through to Hartlepool as it wouldn’t lose half hour to go via the hospital I wouldn’t think.

Kuyoyo

06 May 2020, 8:17 am #556
(05 May 2020, 8:57 pm)James101 Following on from the discussion of a service from Hartlepool and Billingham to North Tees I've thought about re-working the Stockon - Norton corridor. Crucially I've tried to rework current PVRs rather than adding in extra resources which is unlikely to happen:

6 (Hartlepool)

(05 May 2020, 11:17 pm)tyresmoke I think the main provlem with that is you’d end up with the 36 and new 37 on top of each other from Norton through to Hartlepool as it wouldn’t lose half hour to go via the hospital I wouldn’t think.

Working on current times
37 gets 10 minutes from Norton Red Lion to the Hospital, then the 58 and Arriva's X22 both get 10 minutes from the Hospital down Durham Road into Stockton so looking at about 20 minutes if the 37 was revised to the above idea.
BUT why then sabotage the current 8 buses an hour down Norton Road to Middlesbrough by reducing the 36 to half hourly and taking the 37 away to try and cover a link that has previously been proven not to be commercially viable overwise somebody would have commercially registered the H1 when the funding was withdrawn.
You aren't going to push away your bread-and-butter passengers along Norton Road to provide a direct journey that is probably only required by a handful of people.
A better solution would be, once this is over and once things have settled down, is to allow journeys on Tees Flex from the Hartlepool Zone to North Tees Hospital. It's a damn sight easier than destroying a sustainable network for a handful of people.
Kuyoyo
06 May 2020, 8:17 am #556

(05 May 2020, 8:57 pm)James101 Following on from the discussion of a service from Hartlepool and Billingham to North Tees I've thought about re-working the Stockon - Norton corridor. Crucially I've tried to rework current PVRs rather than adding in extra resources which is unlikely to happen:

6 (Hartlepool)

(05 May 2020, 11:17 pm)tyresmoke I think the main provlem with that is you’d end up with the 36 and new 37 on top of each other from Norton through to Hartlepool as it wouldn’t lose half hour to go via the hospital I wouldn’t think.

Working on current times
37 gets 10 minutes from Norton Red Lion to the Hospital, then the 58 and Arriva's X22 both get 10 minutes from the Hospital down Durham Road into Stockton so looking at about 20 minutes if the 37 was revised to the above idea.
BUT why then sabotage the current 8 buses an hour down Norton Road to Middlesbrough by reducing the 36 to half hourly and taking the 37 away to try and cover a link that has previously been proven not to be commercially viable overwise somebody would have commercially registered the H1 when the funding was withdrawn.
You aren't going to push away your bread-and-butter passengers along Norton Road to provide a direct journey that is probably only required by a handful of people.
A better solution would be, once this is over and once things have settled down, is to allow journeys on Tees Flex from the Hartlepool Zone to North Tees Hospital. It's a damn sight easier than destroying a sustainable network for a handful of people.

James101

06 May 2020, 11:49 am #557

(06 May 2020, 8:17 am)Kuyoyo Working on current times

I've thought it through a bit more based on these comments, all times based on regular timetables:

.png
Screenshot 2020-05-06 at 11.57.09.png
Size 336.05 KB / Downloads 26

There is a drop in direct buses to Boro from 5 bus stops along Norton Road, from 8 buses per hour to 4. That said, all stops on Norton Road are still served at every 6/7 minutes from Norton to Stockton when combined with service 52.  I'd argue 4 buses per hour extending to Boro would be sufficient for 5 stops which have no other competitor operator. 

I'm not sure it's as black and white as saying the H1 link isn't viable as it was withdrawn. The H1 was a standalone route with a low and uneven frequency. No ticket integration with Stagecoach or Arriva was available and Compass Royston offered no further network connections. This proposal largely runs on established corridors with existing resources. If anything I'd say the biggest barrier to this ever happening is how the current ENCTS system incentivises operators to break up journeys which are used by pass holders (i.e. hospital services) as it generates two journeys for reimbursement rather than one.
James101
06 May 2020, 11:49 am #557

(06 May 2020, 8:17 am)Kuyoyo Working on current times

I've thought it through a bit more based on these comments, all times based on regular timetables:

.png
Screenshot 2020-05-06 at 11.57.09.png
Size 336.05 KB / Downloads 26

There is a drop in direct buses to Boro from 5 bus stops along Norton Road, from 8 buses per hour to 4. That said, all stops on Norton Road are still served at every 6/7 minutes from Norton to Stockton when combined with service 52.  I'd argue 4 buses per hour extending to Boro would be sufficient for 5 stops which have no other competitor operator. 

I'm not sure it's as black and white as saying the H1 link isn't viable as it was withdrawn. The H1 was a standalone route with a low and uneven frequency. No ticket integration with Stagecoach or Arriva was available and Compass Royston offered no further network connections. This proposal largely runs on established corridors with existing resources. If anything I'd say the biggest barrier to this ever happening is how the current ENCTS system incentivises operators to break up journeys which are used by pass holders (i.e. hospital services) as it generates two journeys for reimbursement rather than one.

Andreos1

06 May 2020, 11:56 am #558
(06 May 2020, 11:49 am)James101 I've thought it through a bit more based on these comments, all times based on regular timetables:

The irony being, that having to change buses can be so unattractive, that it puts people off using the bus to get to/from the hospital.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
06 May 2020, 11:56 am #558

(06 May 2020, 11:49 am)James101 I've thought it through a bit more based on these comments, all times based on regular timetables:

The irony being, that having to change buses can be so unattractive, that it puts people off using the bus to get to/from the hospital.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

James101

06 May 2020, 12:23 pm #559
(06 May 2020, 8:17 am)Kuyoyo A better solution would be, once this is over and once things have settled down, is to allow journeys on Tees Flex from the Hartlepool Zone to North Tees Hospital. It's a damn sight easier than destroying a sustainable network for a handful of people.

I agree expanding the journeys possible using Tees Flex would be good for the entire region. I get the feeling Tees Flex is very consciously avoiding any clash with Stagecoach's commercial operation. The current Hartlepool zone is very restrictive, so the zone would need to be more flexible, threatening Stagecoach's commercial operation. Or passengers would need to travel into one of the small pick up zones, being just as inconvenient as the current requirement to change in Norton or Stockton.

.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_3c3.jpeg
Size 166.5 KB / Downloads 18
James101
06 May 2020, 12:23 pm #559

(06 May 2020, 8:17 am)Kuyoyo A better solution would be, once this is over and once things have settled down, is to allow journeys on Tees Flex from the Hartlepool Zone to North Tees Hospital. It's a damn sight easier than destroying a sustainable network for a handful of people.

I agree expanding the journeys possible using Tees Flex would be good for the entire region. I get the feeling Tees Flex is very consciously avoiding any clash with Stagecoach's commercial operation. The current Hartlepool zone is very restrictive, so the zone would need to be more flexible, threatening Stagecoach's commercial operation. Or passengers would need to travel into one of the small pick up zones, being just as inconvenient as the current requirement to change in Norton or Stockton.

.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_3c3.jpeg
Size 166.5 KB / Downloads 18

Kuyoyo

06 May 2020, 12:28 pm #560

From a turn-up-and-go frequency to 4 buses an hour that won't be evenly spaced. You also fail to recall that the 35 and 38 swapped routes in Norton back in November and it's unlikely they will be swapped back over since the 35's reliability has seen an improvement since the change. So that means 2 stops (Red Lion plus another as the 37 will most likely have to go straight into Norton High Street) go from effectively 6 buses an hour direct to Middlesbrough (4 36s and 2 37s) to a bus every 30 minutes, while the rest of the stops go to 4 buses an hour direct effectively half what they currently have.
Not to mention the confusion this would cause along Norton High Street - instead of 4 buses an hour to Middlesbrough (6 an hour to Stockton) from one side, you'd have 2 an hour on the 38 to Middlesbrough and 2 35s to Stockton going from the current side of the road while the 37s towards Middlesbrough would be going from the opposite side to the 35/38. Not to mention in Roseworth - don't forget the 37 technically has the 15 for competition from Redhill Road Shops. People will use the first bus that gets there but if the 37 towards Stockton is going from the opposite side of the road to the 15, that's going to push passengers onto the 15 travelling towards Stockton (and connections for Middlesbrough in Stockton - another key area this 'idea' destroys, seeing as Arriva would boast the higher frequency from Stockton to Middlesbrough of 7 buses an hour vs Stagecoach's 6 buses whereas at present Stagecoach have the more frequent service).
Simple thing here - they aren't broken so why mess your regulars about for the sake of what might be a handful of passengers a week?
And as for the 36 replacing the 6 from Hartlepool to Clavering - just why? Why take that section off Hartlepool depot and give it to Stockton depot? The mess it would make of Stockton's duties (a shift on 36s during the week now can do 2 round trips in the maximum driving hours) plus the amount of route learning that would be needed. Was fine back when a handful of trips extended up to Clavering and Hart Village at peak time as the trips could be allocated to a set rota to reduce the number of drivers that needed route learning but if it goes up there all day, you're talking having to route learn every driver in the depot more-or-less. And what does that do for Hartlepool depot itself? It's already the smallest depot in the division in terms of allocation and PVR (South Shields' PVR and allocation pre-Covid-19 is only just higher than Hartlepool's - by 5) so by how much would having a 15 minutely 6 from Owton Manor to the Marina only reduce Hartlepool's 26 vehicle PVR down to? And if that is culled down further, is there much point in keeping Hartlepool depot open?
Simple solution is as I said - open North Tees Hospital as a destination on Tees Flex for the Hartlepool Zone as well as the Stockton and Darlington zone. If there are people wanting to travel from Hartlepool to North Tees, then that will give them a quick, flexible and direct link without messing with established corridors
Kuyoyo
06 May 2020, 12:28 pm #560

From a turn-up-and-go frequency to 4 buses an hour that won't be evenly spaced. You also fail to recall that the 35 and 38 swapped routes in Norton back in November and it's unlikely they will be swapped back over since the 35's reliability has seen an improvement since the change. So that means 2 stops (Red Lion plus another as the 37 will most likely have to go straight into Norton High Street) go from effectively 6 buses an hour direct to Middlesbrough (4 36s and 2 37s) to a bus every 30 minutes, while the rest of the stops go to 4 buses an hour direct effectively half what they currently have.
Not to mention the confusion this would cause along Norton High Street - instead of 4 buses an hour to Middlesbrough (6 an hour to Stockton) from one side, you'd have 2 an hour on the 38 to Middlesbrough and 2 35s to Stockton going from the current side of the road while the 37s towards Middlesbrough would be going from the opposite side to the 35/38. Not to mention in Roseworth - don't forget the 37 technically has the 15 for competition from Redhill Road Shops. People will use the first bus that gets there but if the 37 towards Stockton is going from the opposite side of the road to the 15, that's going to push passengers onto the 15 travelling towards Stockton (and connections for Middlesbrough in Stockton - another key area this 'idea' destroys, seeing as Arriva would boast the higher frequency from Stockton to Middlesbrough of 7 buses an hour vs Stagecoach's 6 buses whereas at present Stagecoach have the more frequent service).
Simple thing here - they aren't broken so why mess your regulars about for the sake of what might be a handful of passengers a week?
And as for the 36 replacing the 6 from Hartlepool to Clavering - just why? Why take that section off Hartlepool depot and give it to Stockton depot? The mess it would make of Stockton's duties (a shift on 36s during the week now can do 2 round trips in the maximum driving hours) plus the amount of route learning that would be needed. Was fine back when a handful of trips extended up to Clavering and Hart Village at peak time as the trips could be allocated to a set rota to reduce the number of drivers that needed route learning but if it goes up there all day, you're talking having to route learn every driver in the depot more-or-less. And what does that do for Hartlepool depot itself? It's already the smallest depot in the division in terms of allocation and PVR (South Shields' PVR and allocation pre-Covid-19 is only just higher than Hartlepool's - by 5) so by how much would having a 15 minutely 6 from Owton Manor to the Marina only reduce Hartlepool's 26 vehicle PVR down to? And if that is culled down further, is there much point in keeping Hartlepool depot open?
Simple solution is as I said - open North Tees Hospital as a destination on Tees Flex for the Hartlepool Zone as well as the Stockton and Darlington zone. If there are people wanting to travel from Hartlepool to North Tees, then that will give them a quick, flexible and direct link without messing with established corridors

Pages (52) Previous 127 28 2952 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average