Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (52) Previous 144 45 4652 Next
col87

08 Aug 2023, 4:52 pm #881
(06 Aug 2023, 10:51 pm)ASX_Terranova Following on from my GNE express suggestions are there any routes where an express version might work where one doesn't already exist e.g. an 36X in Middlesbrough or a 40X in Newcastle
Probably the 36 in Middlesbrough is the only Stagecoach service that would work with an express.  Possibly since the 13 has been extended that could probably just about work as well but I don’t think any other Hartlepool or Teesside services would need an express.
col87
08 Aug 2023, 4:52 pm #881

(06 Aug 2023, 10:51 pm)ASX_Terranova Following on from my GNE express suggestions are there any routes where an express version might work where one doesn't already exist e.g. an 36X in Middlesbrough or a 40X in Newcastle
Probably the 36 in Middlesbrough is the only Stagecoach service that would work with an express.  Possibly since the 13 has been extended that could probably just about work as well but I don’t think any other Hartlepool or Teesside services would need an express.

08 Aug 2023, 6:30 pm #882
(08 Aug 2023, 4:52 pm)col87 Probably the 36 in Middlesbrough is the only Stagecoach service that would work with an express.  Possibly since the 13 has been extended that could probably just about work as well but I don’t think any other Hartlepool or Teesside services would need an express.

Would it though? I think if I wanted to get to Stockton or 'Boro from Hartlepool I'd just jump on the train. It's probably why there isn't one in the first place.
deanmachine
08 Aug 2023, 6:30 pm #882

(08 Aug 2023, 4:52 pm)col87 Probably the 36 in Middlesbrough is the only Stagecoach service that would work with an express.  Possibly since the 13 has been extended that could probably just about work as well but I don’t think any other Hartlepool or Teesside services would need an express.

Would it though? I think if I wanted to get to Stockton or 'Boro from Hartlepool I'd just jump on the train. It's probably why there isn't one in the first place.

tyresmoke

08 Aug 2023, 8:24 pm #883
(08 Aug 2023, 6:30 pm)deanmachine Would it though? I think if I wanted to get to Stockton or 'Boro from Hartlepool I'd just jump on the train. It's probably why there isn't one in the first place.

There used to be one but if you want a fast journey from Middlesbrough to Hartlepool you’ve got service 1 which fills that gap which I am almost certain used to be hourly at best until it got Kickstart funding to increase it to half hourly (when it extended to the Hospital).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
08 Aug 2023, 8:24 pm #883

(08 Aug 2023, 6:30 pm)deanmachine Would it though? I think if I wanted to get to Stockton or 'Boro from Hartlepool I'd just jump on the train. It's probably why there isn't one in the first place.

There used to be one but if you want a fast journey from Middlesbrough to Hartlepool you’ve got service 1 which fills that gap which I am almost certain used to be hourly at best until it got Kickstart funding to increase it to half hourly (when it extended to the Hospital).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

col87

08 Aug 2023, 9:04 pm #884

Yes if you wanted to pay more and it been overcrowded with the chance of cancellations and in the case of Stockton been a good walk away from the Town Centre then it roughly makes sense.
col87
08 Aug 2023, 9:04 pm #884

Yes if you wanted to pay more and it been overcrowded with the chance of cancellations and in the case of Stockton been a good walk away from the Town Centre then it roughly makes sense.

Storx

09 Aug 2023, 8:16 pm #885
(08 Aug 2023, 9:04 pm)col87 Yes if you wanted to pay more and it been overcrowded with the chance of cancellations and in the case of Stockton been a good walk away from the Town Centre then it roughly makes sense.

In fairness there's probably few people from Hartlepool who want to go to Stockton and few people from Stockton who want to go to Hartlepool.

An X36, would just kill the 36 imo, it's pretty express anyway really.
Storx
09 Aug 2023, 8:16 pm #885

(08 Aug 2023, 9:04 pm)col87 Yes if you wanted to pay more and it been overcrowded with the chance of cancellations and in the case of Stockton been a good walk away from the Town Centre then it roughly makes sense.

In fairness there's probably few people from Hartlepool who want to go to Stockton and few people from Stockton who want to go to Hartlepool.

V514DFT

09 Aug 2023, 11:59 pm #886
I'd be tempted to actually make the 38A full time from Freeman Hospital continues via West Farm Avenue,Blackfriars Way, Stoneleigh Avenue, Four Lane Ends, Front Street/Whitley Road, Station Road, Briar Edge/Glebe Road (Forest Hall),Great Lime Road, interworks with the 38 at the first stop on Forest Hall Road, also the 1 reinstated back to Four Lane Ends

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
09 Aug 2023, 11:59 pm #886

I'd be tempted to actually make the 38A full time from Freeman Hospital continues via West Farm Avenue,Blackfriars Way, Stoneleigh Avenue, Four Lane Ends, Front Street/Whitley Road, Station Road, Briar Edge/Glebe Road (Forest Hall),Great Lime Road, interworks with the 38 at the first stop on Forest Hall Road, also the 1 reinstated back to Four Lane Ends

Kind Regards
Tez

Lollist

10 Aug 2023, 5:55 pm #887
(09 Aug 2023, 8:16 pm)Storx In fairness there's probably few people from Hartlepool who want to go to Stockton and few people from Stockton who want to go to Hartlepool.

It takes like an hour from boro - pools but doubt an x36 would be much quicker didnt it used to exist years ago i remember stumbling across an old timetable online last year
Lollist
10 Aug 2023, 5:55 pm #887

(09 Aug 2023, 8:16 pm)Storx In fairness there's probably few people from Hartlepool who want to go to Stockton and few people from Stockton who want to go to Hartlepool.

It takes like an hour from boro - pools but doubt an x36 would be much quicker didnt it used to exist years ago i remember stumbling across an old timetable online last year

Storx

10 Aug 2023, 6:25 pm #888
(10 Aug 2023, 5:55 pm)Lollist It takes like an hour from boro - pools but doubt an x36 would be much quicker didnt it used to exist years ago i remember stumbling across an old timetable online last year

Not too sure on the X36 tbf.

The 1 is only like 45 minutes though isn't it? Not too bad either really, it takes like 25 minutes to drive it and with parking etc won't be much in it.

The only area I could really think of is an express down to Coulby Newham, maybe something like running limited stop from Middlesbrough to Bluebell Corner:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ash+Gr...?entry=ttu

With the 10 terminating at The Derby (or withdrawn it's covered by Arriva anyway), 12 dropped to 3 BPH and extended to Lingfield Drive and 13 terminating at Stainton.

They probably deserve something a bit quicker.
Storx
10 Aug 2023, 6:25 pm #888

(10 Aug 2023, 5:55 pm)Lollist It takes like an hour from boro - pools but doubt an x36 would be much quicker didnt it used to exist years ago i remember stumbling across an old timetable online last year

Not too sure on the X36 tbf.

The 1 is only like 45 minutes though isn't it? Not too bad either really, it takes like 25 minutes to drive it and with parking etc won't be much in it.

The only area I could really think of is an express down to Coulby Newham, maybe something like running limited stop from Middlesbrough to Bluebell Corner:

With the 10 terminating at The Derby (or withdrawn it's covered by Arriva anyway), 12 dropped to 3 BPH and extended to Lingfield Drive and 13 terminating at Stainton.

RobinHood

10 Aug 2023, 6:37 pm #889
(10 Aug 2023, 6:25 pm)Storx Not too sure on the X36 tbf.

I think a smaller operator did try a fast Coulby Newham to Mbro service in the not so dim and distant past, but unfortunately it simply didn't work.

The end to end demand probably doesn't justify the resources needed to cater for it (at a reasonable frequency).
RobinHood
10 Aug 2023, 6:37 pm #889

(10 Aug 2023, 6:25 pm)Storx Not too sure on the X36 tbf.

I think a smaller operator did try a fast Coulby Newham to Mbro service in the not so dim and distant past, but unfortunately it simply didn't work.

The end to end demand probably doesn't justify the resources needed to cater for it (at a reasonable frequency).

Storx

10 Aug 2023, 6:53 pm #890
(10 Aug 2023, 6:37 pm)RobinHood I think a smaller operator did try a fast Coulby Newham to Mbro service in the not so dim and distant past, but unfortunately it simply didn't work.

Aye that's fair enough, just seems like an area which deserves something quicker. Believe it's 40 minutes end to end which isn't particularly quick for the distance but makes sense tbf. Obviously have the problem that doing that will kill the 10 and 12 aswell no doubt.

It's a poor area South Middlesbrough for buses though, really infrequent, lack of evening services in most areas or just nothing at all if it's Nunthorpe. Mind it has a horrid road layout aswell to be fair.
Storx
10 Aug 2023, 6:53 pm #890

(10 Aug 2023, 6:37 pm)RobinHood I think a smaller operator did try a fast Coulby Newham to Mbro service in the not so dim and distant past, but unfortunately it simply didn't work.

Aye that's fair enough, just seems like an area which deserves something quicker. Believe it's 40 minutes end to end which isn't particularly quick for the distance but makes sense tbf. Obviously have the problem that doing that will kill the 10 and 12 aswell no doubt.

It's a poor area South Middlesbrough for buses though, really infrequent, lack of evening services in most areas or just nothing at all if it's Nunthorpe. Mind it has a horrid road layout aswell to be fair.

col87

11 Aug 2023, 5:00 pm #891

I disagree I don’t think it would and would hardly call it an express when it goes the long way out of Billingham and pretty much stops at every bus stop Billingham Town centre and Middlesbrough Bus station.  An X36 could probably run the same route from Hartlepool to Billingham Town Centre then go non stop to North Tees Hospital - Then Roseworth  then on to Teesside Park and Middlesbrough it would probably still be quicker than the 36 as well plus open up new links.
col87
11 Aug 2023, 5:00 pm #891

I disagree I don’t think it would and would hardly call it an express when it goes the long way out of Billingham and pretty much stops at every bus stop Billingham Town centre and Middlesbrough Bus station.  An X36 could probably run the same route from Hartlepool to Billingham Town Centre then go non stop to North Tees Hospital - Then Roseworth  then on to Teesside Park and Middlesbrough it would probably still be quicker than the 36 as well plus open up new links.

Storx

11 Aug 2023, 8:36 pm #892
(11 Aug 2023, 5:00 pm)col87 I disagree I don’t think it would and would hardly call it an express when it goes the long way out of Billingham and pretty much stops at every bus stop Billingham Town centre and Middlesbrough Bus station.  An X36 could probably run the same route from Hartlepool to Billingham Town Centre then go non stop to North Tees Hospital - Then Roseworth  then on to Teesside Park and Middlesbrough it would probably still be quicker than the 36 as well plus open up new links.

Not sure that would be any quicker than the 1 would it for Middlesbrough at least anyway. Just not sure you could realistically make it much quicker without killing other services for the sake of 5 minutes or so, even known the hospital link would useful.
If you wanted a hospital link imo it would be better to extend the 59 through to Billingham every 30 minutes like so

Like so: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/54.60784...?entry=ttu
Storx
11 Aug 2023, 8:36 pm #892

(11 Aug 2023, 5:00 pm)col87 I disagree I don’t think it would and would hardly call it an express when it goes the long way out of Billingham and pretty much stops at every bus stop Billingham Town centre and Middlesbrough Bus station.  An X36 could probably run the same route from Hartlepool to Billingham Town Centre then go non stop to North Tees Hospital - Then Roseworth  then on to Teesside Park and Middlesbrough it would probably still be quicker than the 36 as well plus open up new links.

Not sure that would be any quicker than the 1 would it for Middlesbrough at least anyway. Just not sure you could realistically make it much quicker without killing other services for the sake of 5 minutes or so, even known the hospital link would useful.
If you wanted a hospital link imo it would be better to extend the 59 through to Billingham every 30 minutes like so

Lollist

11 Aug 2023, 9:18 pm #893
Sad that Stagecoach dont read the forums lmao
Lollist
11 Aug 2023, 9:18 pm #893

Sad that Stagecoach dont read the forums lmao

col87

13 Aug 2023, 1:31 pm #894
(11 Aug 2023, 8:36 pm)Storx Not sure that would be any quicker than the 1 would it for Middlesbrough at least anyway. Just not sure you could realistically make it much quicker without killing other services for the sake of 5 minutes or so, even known the hospital link would useful.

It would give a proper service from Hartlepool to North Tees Hospital which really is needed.
col87
13 Aug 2023, 1:31 pm #894

(11 Aug 2023, 8:36 pm)Storx Not sure that would be any quicker than the 1 would it for Middlesbrough at least anyway. Just not sure you could realistically make it much quicker without killing other services for the sake of 5 minutes or so, even known the hospital link would useful.

It would give a proper service from Hartlepool to North Tees Hospital which really is needed.

Kuyoyo

14 Aug 2023, 2:22 pm #895
(13 Aug 2023, 1:31 pm)col87 It would give a proper service from Hartlepool to North Tees Hospital which really is needed.

Where the bingo card when you need it......
How many times has this 'suggestion' been brought up? If that link was really needed, don't you think the CA would be currently tendering such a service?

In any case, your suggestion for an X36 is miles away from the old X36 - which was:
Before 20th September 2004: Hart Village and Clavering to Middlesbrough via Hart Station, Brus Arms, Hartlepool Centre, Oxford Road, Catcote Road, Rossmere Road, Greatham Sapps Corner, Billingham The Swan Hotel, A19 and X66
20th September 2004 until withdrawl:  Hart Village and Clavering to Middlesbrough via Hart Station, Brus Arms, Hartlepool Centre, Oxford Road, Catcote Road, Rossmere Road, Greatham Sapps Corner, Wolviston Village, Wolviston Court, Billingham Catholic Club A19 and X66

And even then, it was one journey a day in each direction - the morning journey left Hart Village at 0742 and arrived into Middlesbrough at 0845 (0849 from 20th September 2004) while the return journey left Middlesbrough at 1710 and reached Clavering at 1807 (no Hart Village returns on an afternoon).

Really, there's no need for any express versions of current services on Teesside - any direct Middlesbrough to Hartlepool journeys are provided by the 1.
Kuyoyo
14 Aug 2023, 2:22 pm #895

(13 Aug 2023, 1:31 pm)col87 It would give a proper service from Hartlepool to North Tees Hospital which really is needed.

Where the bingo card when you need it......
How many times has this 'suggestion' been brought up? If that link was really needed, don't you think the CA would be currently tendering such a service?

In any case, your suggestion for an X36 is miles away from the old X36 - which was:
Before 20th September 2004: Hart Village and Clavering to Middlesbrough via Hart Station, Brus Arms, Hartlepool Centre, Oxford Road, Catcote Road, Rossmere Road, Greatham Sapps Corner, Billingham The Swan Hotel, A19 and X66
20th September 2004 until withdrawl:  Hart Village and Clavering to Middlesbrough via Hart Station, Brus Arms, Hartlepool Centre, Oxford Road, Catcote Road, Rossmere Road, Greatham Sapps Corner, Wolviston Village, Wolviston Court, Billingham Catholic Club A19 and X66

And even then, it was one journey a day in each direction - the morning journey left Hart Village at 0742 and arrived into Middlesbrough at 0845 (0849 from 20th September 2004) while the return journey left Middlesbrough at 1710 and reached Clavering at 1807 (no Hart Village returns on an afternoon).

Really, there's no need for any express versions of current services on Teesside - any direct Middlesbrough to Hartlepool journeys are provided by the 1.

col87

15 Aug 2023, 12:01 am #896
(14 Aug 2023, 2:22 pm)Kuyoyo Where the bingo card when you need it......

You’re wrong they has been a need for a service between Hartlepool and North Tees Hospital for the last 12 years since the Council axed the H1.  Obviously you don’t live in Hartlepool so won’t know how difficult it is to get to North Tees by bus from the town. The problem is none of the bus companies or the combined authority seem interested in doing anything it also costs quite a bit in a taxi as well. 

As for the X36 I never said the route was how it was originally I was suggesting a new express route with same number.  

Yes the 1 is the quickest but even then it can take around 45minutes to get from Middlesbrough to Hartlepool Town Centre and it’s not exactly direct either considering it does all of Seaton Carew then the clearances. 

As for the combined authority they only seem to be doing what suits them and not services that are actually needed otherwise they would be some sort of service in every area.
col87
15 Aug 2023, 12:01 am #896

(14 Aug 2023, 2:22 pm)Kuyoyo Where the bingo card when you need it......

You’re wrong they has been a need for a service between Hartlepool and North Tees Hospital for the last 12 years since the Council axed the H1.  Obviously you don’t live in Hartlepool so won’t know how difficult it is to get to North Tees by bus from the town. The problem is none of the bus companies or the combined authority seem interested in doing anything it also costs quite a bit in a taxi as well. 

As for the X36 I never said the route was how it was originally I was suggesting a new express route with same number.  

Yes the 1 is the quickest but even then it can take around 45minutes to get from Middlesbrough to Hartlepool Town Centre and it’s not exactly direct either considering it does all of Seaton Carew then the clearances. 

As for the combined authority they only seem to be doing what suits them and not services that are actually needed otherwise they would be some sort of service in every area.

glen

15 Aug 2023, 12:45 am #897
I have been watching the 500 of teesside group meeting on my table last in March when are new going see new one on my table again dose go to them are see new one on table again

All I am trying to say I love watching on my table that all.
Edited 15 Aug 2023, 12:49 am by glen.
glen
15 Aug 2023, 12:45 am #897

I have been watching the 500 of teesside group meeting on my table last in March when are new going see new one on my table again dose go to them are see new one on table again

All I am trying to say I love watching on my table that all.

15 Aug 2023, 7:16 am #898
(15 Aug 2023, 12:01 am)col87 You’re wrong they has been a need for a service between Hartlepool and North Tees Hospital for the last 12 years since the Council axed the H1.  Obviously you don’t live in Hartlepool so won’t know how difficult it is to get to North Tees by bus from the town. The problem is none of the bus companies or the combined authority seem interested in doing anything it also costs quite a bit in a taxi as well. 

I had to go to North Tees from Hartlepool last week and hadn’t realised the 36 wasn’t direct. Also, the journey time was horrendous when compared to a car (which I used in the end). Defo a need for a faster and direct link .
Economic505
15 Aug 2023, 7:16 am #898

(15 Aug 2023, 12:01 am)col87 You’re wrong they has been a need for a service between Hartlepool and North Tees Hospital for the last 12 years since the Council axed the H1.  Obviously you don’t live in Hartlepool so won’t know how difficult it is to get to North Tees by bus from the town. The problem is none of the bus companies or the combined authority seem interested in doing anything it also costs quite a bit in a taxi as well. 

I had to go to North Tees from Hartlepool last week and hadn’t realised the 36 wasn’t direct. Also, the journey time was horrendous when compared to a car (which I used in the end). Defo a need for a faster and direct link .

Storx

15 Aug 2023, 8:34 am #899
imo the only potential way you might get a North Tees link to work would be to link existing services so maybe something like:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/54.58445...?entry=ttu

With the short 1's being part of it, the 35 withdrawn (it's clearly struggling anyway) and then it being bolted onto the 57, 58 or 59 at the hospital end (take your pick which). 59 is the easiest but longest.

If I'm right the PVR should be only be 1 extra bus, could make it serve Greatham aswell and pull the 36 out of there to slightly speed that up. It's absolutely ridiculous that Wynyard Business Park is unserved and would be quite popular imo, you just have to look at the 4 and extra 58's at Follingsby and there's no public transport at all to there.
Storx
15 Aug 2023, 8:34 am #899

imo the only potential way you might get a North Tees link to work would be to link existing services so maybe something like:

With the short 1's being part of it, the 35 withdrawn (it's clearly struggling anyway) and then it being bolted onto the 57, 58 or 59 at the hospital end (take your pick which). 59 is the easiest but longest.

If I'm right the PVR should be only be 1 extra bus, could make it serve Greatham aswell and pull the 36 out of there to slightly speed that up. It's absolutely ridiculous that Wynyard Business Park is unserved and would be quite popular imo, you just have to look at the 4 and extra 58's at Follingsby and there's no public transport at all to there.

col87

15 Aug 2023, 10:00 am #900
(15 Aug 2023, 8:34 am)Storx imo the only potential way you might get a North Tees link to work would be to link existing services so maybe something like:

Have thought putting the 36 down to half hourly and extending the 37 to Hartlepool could work with it direct from North Tees to say Wolviston if that possible to do then Joining the 36 route from Wolviston roundabout keeping the 15 minute link. Billingham still has the the 36 every minutes plus the 35 and and 52 so still has regular services to Stockton.

(15 Aug 2023, 8:34 am)Storx imo the only potential way you might get a North Tees link to work would be to link existing services so maybe something like:

Have thought putting the 36 down to half hourly and extending the 37 to Hartlepool could work with it direct from North Tees to say Wolviston if that possible to do then Joining the 36 route from Wolviston roundabout keeping the 15 minute link. Billingham still has the the 36 every minutes plus the 35 and and 52 so still has regular services to Stockton.
Edited 15 Aug 2023, 10:00 am by col87.
col87
15 Aug 2023, 10:00 am #900

Pages (52) Previous 144 45 4652 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average