Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (52) Previous 147 48 4952 Next
08 Nov 2023, 7:55 pm #941
(08 Nov 2023, 7:53 pm)Michael Kinda gutted they didn't add at least 1 extra late run on the X24, even if it was like after 9pm on a Friday/Saturday only.

True. Never understand the reasoning for 20:05 last bus. Especially at the weekend.
54APhotography
08 Nov 2023, 7:55 pm #941

(08 Nov 2023, 7:53 pm)Michael Kinda gutted they didn't add at least 1 extra late run on the X24, even if it was like after 9pm on a Friday/Saturday only.

True. Never understand the reasoning for 20:05 last bus. Especially at the weekend.

Michael

08 Nov 2023, 7:59 pm #942
(08 Nov 2023, 7:55 pm)54APhotography True. Never understand the reasoning for 20:05 last bus. Especially at the weekend.

Same, its crazy, I've used the last X24 from Newcastle on a Saturday a few times and its been packed, really think they're missing out with the 56 not running, perfect opportunity for Stagecoach to grab the Sunderland passengers from the 56.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
08 Nov 2023, 7:59 pm #942

(08 Nov 2023, 7:55 pm)54APhotography True. Never understand the reasoning for 20:05 last bus. Especially at the weekend.

Same, its crazy, I've used the last X24 from Newcastle on a Saturday a few times and its been packed, really think they're missing out with the 56 not running, perfect opportunity for Stagecoach to grab the Sunderland passengers from the 56.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Unber43

08 Nov 2023, 8:12 pm #943
Most 56 passengers dont get on where the X24, they only share one stop, Fawcett street, no one is going to walk from Southwick, Concord etc.

Granted they might get SC into Sunderland.
Unber43
08 Nov 2023, 8:12 pm #943

Most 56 passengers dont get on where the X24, they only share one stop, Fawcett street, no one is going to walk from Southwick, Concord etc.

Michael

08 Nov 2023, 8:16 pm #944
(08 Nov 2023, 8:12 pm)Unber43 Most 56 passengers dont get on where the X24, they only share one stop, Fawcett street, no one is going to walk from Southwick, Concord etc.

That's true but they'll probs have to travel to the City Centre atm anyway

Shame Stagecoach won't launch a service going via Southwick etc

Could do:

X14: Sunderland - Southwick - North Hylton Road - Nissan - non stop to Newcastle.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
08 Nov 2023, 8:16 pm #944

(08 Nov 2023, 8:12 pm)Unber43 Most 56 passengers dont get on where the X24, they only share one stop, Fawcett street, no one is going to walk from Southwick, Concord etc.

That's true but they'll probs have to travel to the City Centre atm anyway

Could do:

X14: Sunderland - Southwick - North Hylton Road - Nissan - non stop to Newcastle.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Storx

08 Nov 2023, 8:23 pm #945
(08 Nov 2023, 8:16 pm)Michael That's true but they'll probs have to travel to the City Centre atm anyway

Could do:

Surely anyone with sense would use the Metro... especially now the new fares are in. You'll be mentally deranged to use a bus from Sunderland City Centre to Newcastle unless there's something wrong with the Metro or you have a bus fetish.

The X24 is more about the West side of Sunderland to Newcastle without doubling back.
Storx
08 Nov 2023, 8:23 pm #945

(08 Nov 2023, 8:16 pm)Michael That's true but they'll probs have to travel to the City Centre atm anyway

Could do:

Surely anyone with sense would use the Metro... especially now the new fares are in. You'll be mentally deranged to use a bus from Sunderland City Centre to Newcastle unless there's something wrong with the Metro or you have a bus fetish.

The X24 is more about the West side of Sunderland to Newcastle without doubling back.

MurdnunoC

08 Nov 2023, 8:36 pm #946
(08 Nov 2023, 8:23 pm)Storx Surely anyone with sense would use the Metro... especially now the new fares are in. You'll be mentally deranged to use a bus from Sunderland City Centre to Newcastle unless there's something wrong with the Metro or you have a bus fetish.

And arguably the north of Sunderland has been tried before in the form of the X36.
MurdnunoC
08 Nov 2023, 8:36 pm #946

(08 Nov 2023, 8:23 pm)Storx Surely anyone with sense would use the Metro... especially now the new fares are in. You'll be mentally deranged to use a bus from Sunderland City Centre to Newcastle unless there's something wrong with the Metro or you have a bus fetish.

And arguably the north of Sunderland has been tried before in the form of the X36.

08 Nov 2023, 9:41 pm #947
(08 Nov 2023, 8:36 pm)MurdnunoC And arguably the north of Sunderland has been tried before in the form of the X36.

To be fair, it wasn't much of an express service, It was nearly an hour town to town.
deanmachine
08 Nov 2023, 9:41 pm #947

(08 Nov 2023, 8:36 pm)MurdnunoC And arguably the north of Sunderland has been tried before in the form of the X36.

To be fair, it wasn't much of an express service, It was nearly an hour town to town.

Storx

08 Nov 2023, 10:13 pm #948
(08 Nov 2023, 9:41 pm)deanmachine To be fair, it wasn't much of an express service, It was nearly an hour town to town.

To be fair, wasn't it more about linking the Northern estates though, unless you run a bus services every 10 minutes. Outright non stop from Sunderland to Newcastle, there's just no reason to use it as the Metro will win in pretty much everything and lets be honest no-one in their right mind, bar a few days a year, wants to travel from Newcastle to Sunderland.

Buses can't even win on it actually turning up as they've been riddled with strikes and cancellations for the past few years.
Storx
08 Nov 2023, 10:13 pm #948

(08 Nov 2023, 9:41 pm)deanmachine To be fair, it wasn't much of an express service, It was nearly an hour town to town.

To be fair, wasn't it more about linking the Northern estates though, unless you run a bus services every 10 minutes. Outright non stop from Sunderland to Newcastle, there's just no reason to use it as the Metro will win in pretty much everything and lets be honest no-one in their right mind, bar a few days a year, wants to travel from Newcastle to Sunderland.

Buses can't even win on it actually turning up as they've been riddled with strikes and cancellations for the past few years.

Unber43

08 Nov 2023, 10:18 pm #949
For me' I've passed my test and I wasn't planning on getting a car till i absolutely need one (i think a lot of people might be in the same position) but the absolute piss take its been trying to get to Newcastle etc, and now the strike just tipped me over the edge and im getting a car.
Unber43
08 Nov 2023, 10:18 pm #949

For me' I've passed my test and I wasn't planning on getting a car till i absolutely need one (i think a lot of people might be in the same position) but the absolute piss take its been trying to get to Newcastle etc, and now the strike just tipped me over the edge and im getting a car.

MurdnunoC

08 Nov 2023, 10:20 pm #950
(08 Nov 2023, 10:18 pm)Unber43 For me' I've passed my test and I wasn't planning on getting a car till i absolutely need one (i think a lot of people might be in the same position) but the absolute piss take its been trying to get to Newcastle etc, and now the strike just tipped me over the edge and im getting a car.

Good. You won't regret it.
MurdnunoC
08 Nov 2023, 10:20 pm #950

(08 Nov 2023, 10:18 pm)Unber43 For me' I've passed my test and I wasn't planning on getting a car till i absolutely need one (i think a lot of people might be in the same position) but the absolute piss take its been trying to get to Newcastle etc, and now the strike just tipped me over the edge and im getting a car.

Good. You won't regret it.

08 Nov 2023, 10:22 pm #951
(08 Nov 2023, 10:13 pm)Storx To be fair, wasn't it more about linking the Northern estates though, unless you run a bus services every 10 minutes. Outright non stop from Sunderland to Newcastle, there's just no reason to use it as the Metro will win in pretty much everything and lets be honest no-one in their right mind, bar a few days a year, wants to travel from Newcastle to Sunderland.

Whereas the Metro has been reliable, with absolutely no issues ?. It always turns up, well apart from when it's raining, windy, foggy or there's low rail adhesion. We haven't seen any line closures and replacement buses for ages. The antique fleet is perfect, faultlessly running a issue-free Metro service every day...

Of course just ignore the expensive Metro fares, whether for just Metro or multi-modal (before the new TNE day ticket), and the fact I used to volunteer in Sunderland and spout out the same old lines, Metro is perfect and everyone should use it no matter the cost or the shit reliability, it's quick when it turns up, and if the line is open.
OrangeArrow49
08 Nov 2023, 10:22 pm #951

(08 Nov 2023, 10:13 pm)Storx To be fair, wasn't it more about linking the Northern estates though, unless you run a bus services every 10 minutes. Outright non stop from Sunderland to Newcastle, there's just no reason to use it as the Metro will win in pretty much everything and lets be honest no-one in their right mind, bar a few days a year, wants to travel from Newcastle to Sunderland.

Whereas the Metro has been reliable, with absolutely no issues ?. It always turns up, well apart from when it's raining, windy, foggy or there's low rail adhesion. We haven't seen any line closures and replacement buses for ages. The antique fleet is perfect, faultlessly running a issue-free Metro service every day...

Of course just ignore the expensive Metro fares, whether for just Metro or multi-modal (before the new TNE day ticket), and the fact I used to volunteer in Sunderland and spout out the same old lines, Metro is perfect and everyone should use it no matter the cost or the shit reliability, it's quick when it turns up, and if the line is open.

Unber43

08 Nov 2023, 10:31 pm #952
Sometimes its better to get on the 56 which takes an hour and 10 mins rahter than the 40 min metro because of the anti-social awful behaviour
Unber43
08 Nov 2023, 10:31 pm #952

Sometimes its better to get on the 56 which takes an hour and 10 mins rahter than the 40 min metro because of the anti-social awful behaviour

MurdnunoC

08 Nov 2023, 10:32 pm #953
(08 Nov 2023, 10:22 pm)OrangeArrow49 Whereas the Metro has been reliable, with absolutely no issues ?. It always turns up, well apart from when it's raining, windy, foggy or there's low rail adhesion. We haven't seen any line closures and replacement buses for ages. The antique fleet is perfect, faultlessly running a issue-free Metro service every day...

Exactly the same argument can be made about buses and, IIRC, don't you boycott Stagecoach for some of the same reasons as you outline above?

Storx is right. The majority of people travelling between Sunderland and Newcastle are going to opt for the Metro every single time. It's probably why express buses have never been that successful between the two, erm... one city and the other fake, wannabe city.
MurdnunoC
08 Nov 2023, 10:32 pm #953

(08 Nov 2023, 10:22 pm)OrangeArrow49 Whereas the Metro has been reliable, with absolutely no issues ?. It always turns up, well apart from when it's raining, windy, foggy or there's low rail adhesion. We haven't seen any line closures and replacement buses for ages. The antique fleet is perfect, faultlessly running a issue-free Metro service every day...

Exactly the same argument can be made about buses and, IIRC, don't you boycott Stagecoach for some of the same reasons as you outline above?

Storx is right. The majority of people travelling between Sunderland and Newcastle are going to opt for the Metro every single time. It's probably why express buses have never been that successful between the two, erm... one city and the other fake, wannabe city.

Unber43

08 Nov 2023, 10:33 pm #954
(08 Nov 2023, 10:32 pm)MurdnunoC Exactly the same argument can be made about buses and, IIRC, don't you boycott Stagecoach for some of the same reasons as you outline above?

Theres a bit of a difference if a metro/train breaks down your screwed the line isnt moving possibly for hours like recently at Gateshead the bus there is one in the next half an hour (or should be )
Unber43
08 Nov 2023, 10:33 pm #954

(08 Nov 2023, 10:32 pm)MurdnunoC Exactly the same argument can be made about buses and, IIRC, don't you boycott Stagecoach for some of the same reasons as you outline above?

Theres a bit of a difference if a metro/train breaks down your screwed the line isnt moving possibly for hours like recently at Gateshead the bus there is one in the next half an hour (or should be )

MurdnunoC

08 Nov 2023, 10:39 pm #955
(08 Nov 2023, 10:33 pm)Unber43 Theres a bit of a difference if a metro/train breaks down your screwed the line isnt moving possibly for hours like recently at Gateshead the bus there is one in the next half an hour (or should be )

That really doesn't amtter.

The perception (and reality) is that the Metro is the quickest option available and the Great British Public will mostly believe that the scenario you posit won't happen to them and, thus, won't deter them from making decision to use the Metro.
MurdnunoC
08 Nov 2023, 10:39 pm #955

(08 Nov 2023, 10:33 pm)Unber43 Theres a bit of a difference if a metro/train breaks down your screwed the line isnt moving possibly for hours like recently at Gateshead the bus there is one in the next half an hour (or should be )

That really doesn't amtter.

The perception (and reality) is that the Metro is the quickest option available and the Great British Public will mostly believe that the scenario you posit won't happen to them and, thus, won't deter them from making decision to use the Metro.

08 Nov 2023, 10:40 pm #956

I weigh up all the factors. Bus from Newcastle to Sunderland for say £4 return, for example, Metro from Newcastle to Sunderland £5.90 I believe. Probably both unreliable. Metro is quicker, so in a rush, yeah Metro, taking my time I'll save the money and go on the bus.

Had to suffer two Stagecoach journeys recently because of the GNE strike, awful. Late (about 15 mins each occasion) shit buses (melted seat backs, flaky paint on the handrails). Much happier with other companies and even the Metro as required.

So much rush...if the bus is £6 and the Metro is £100 (day tickets) Metro still win because it's quicker?
OrangeArrow49
08 Nov 2023, 10:40 pm #956

I weigh up all the factors. Bus from Newcastle to Sunderland for say £4 return, for example, Metro from Newcastle to Sunderland £5.90 I believe. Probably both unreliable. Metro is quicker, so in a rush, yeah Metro, taking my time I'll save the money and go on the bus.

Had to suffer two Stagecoach journeys recently because of the GNE strike, awful. Late (about 15 mins each occasion) shit buses (melted seat backs, flaky paint on the handrails). Much happier with other companies and even the Metro as required.

So much rush...if the bus is £6 and the Metro is £100 (day tickets) Metro still win because it's quicker?

08 Nov 2023, 10:41 pm #957

Always the Metro (or train) for me. Sadly I moved abit south of Sunderland so rarely use the Metro. Btw, Sunderland’s a great place, so let’s keep on topic.
Economic505
08 Nov 2023, 10:41 pm #957

Always the Metro (or train) for me. Sadly I moved abit south of Sunderland so rarely use the Metro. Btw, Sunderland’s a great place, so let’s keep on topic.

Storx

08 Nov 2023, 10:42 pm #958

Buses are just the same though.

On the fares thing, most people travelling commuting from Sunderland to Newcastle won't be doing it for minimum wage they'll be well over so will value that speed. 

One point, and it's by far the biggest point thought why people will actually use the Metro is, if the Metro says it takes 40 minutes, it will take 40 minutes. A timetabled 70 minutes, 56 might one day do that but all you need is something in Gateshead and you can add 10 minutes on, traffic around QE, add another 5, traffic in Wrekenton, add another 5, Nissan kicking out time, add another 5 and so on and you can't time it well.

Result it means if you start at work at 8.30am, you'd be pretty safe to get a train / Metro around 7.30am and be in work at time, if your late then it's likely the whole system has gone kaput and they'll understand. For that same time on a bus, you'll be looking at around a bus around 6.30am instead. The former is competitive with a car, the second isn't.
Storx
08 Nov 2023, 10:42 pm #958

Buses are just the same though.

On the fares thing, most people travelling commuting from Sunderland to Newcastle won't be doing it for minimum wage they'll be well over so will value that speed. 

One point, and it's by far the biggest point thought why people will actually use the Metro is, if the Metro says it takes 40 minutes, it will take 40 minutes. A timetabled 70 minutes, 56 might one day do that but all you need is something in Gateshead and you can add 10 minutes on, traffic around QE, add another 5, traffic in Wrekenton, add another 5, Nissan kicking out time, add another 5 and so on and you can't time it well.

Result it means if you start at work at 8.30am, you'd be pretty safe to get a train / Metro around 7.30am and be in work at time, if your late then it's likely the whole system has gone kaput and they'll understand. For that same time on a bus, you'll be looking at around a bus around 6.30am instead. The former is competitive with a car, the second isn't.

08 Nov 2023, 10:43 pm #959
(08 Nov 2023, 10:41 pm)Economic505 Always the Metro (or train) for me. Sadly I moved abit south of Sunderland so rarely use the Metro. Btw, Sunderland’s a great place, so let’s keep on topic.

The ‘let’s keep on topic ‘ was in relation to a few posts back.
Economic505
08 Nov 2023, 10:43 pm #959

(08 Nov 2023, 10:41 pm)Economic505 Always the Metro (or train) for me. Sadly I moved abit south of Sunderland so rarely use the Metro. Btw, Sunderland’s a great place, so let’s keep on topic.

The ‘let’s keep on topic ‘ was in relation to a few posts back.

MurdnunoC

08 Nov 2023, 10:44 pm #960
(08 Nov 2023, 10:40 pm)OrangeArrow49 I weigh up all the factors. Bus from Newcastle to Sunderland for say £4 return, for example, Metro from Newcastle to Sunderland £5.90 I believe. Probably both unreliable. Metro is quicker, so in a rush, yeah Metro, taking my time I'll save the money and go on the bus.

But it's not though is it? And unlikely ever to be so your point is moot.
MurdnunoC
08 Nov 2023, 10:44 pm #960

(08 Nov 2023, 10:40 pm)OrangeArrow49 I weigh up all the factors. Bus from Newcastle to Sunderland for say £4 return, for example, Metro from Newcastle to Sunderland £5.90 I believe. Probably both unreliable. Metro is quicker, so in a rush, yeah Metro, taking my time I'll save the money and go on the bus.

But it's not though is it? And unlikely ever to be so your point is moot.

Pages (52) Previous 147 48 4952 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average