Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (52) Previous 14 5 652 Next
MurdnunoC

21 Jan 2014, 2:22 pm #81
(21 Jan 2014, 2:18 pm)cbma06 Thanks for scanning the map AdamY

Ive found the faretable for the 31/32 and scanned it, but somehow I cant put it on the site from my laptop as it asks for a URL link.

Use the 'Add Attachment' option when posting. It's displayed underneath.
MurdnunoC
21 Jan 2014, 2:22 pm #81

(21 Jan 2014, 2:18 pm)cbma06 Thanks for scanning the map AdamY

Ive found the faretable for the 31/32 and scanned it, but somehow I cant put it on the site from my laptop as it asks for a URL link.

Use the 'Add Attachment' option when posting. It's displayed underneath.

cbma06

21 Jan 2014, 2:53 pm #82
(21 Jan 2014, 2:22 pm)AdamY Use the 'Add Attachment' option when posting. It's displayed underneath.
Attached Files
.jpg
service 31,32 Faretable 1988.jpg
Size 489.25 KB / Downloads 44

cbma06
21 Jan 2014, 2:53 pm #82

(21 Jan 2014, 2:22 pm)AdamY Use the 'Add Attachment' option when posting. It's displayed underneath.

Attached Files
.jpg
service 31,32 Faretable 1988.jpg
Size 489.25 KB / Downloads 44

Andreos1

23 Jan 2014, 8:14 am #83
Very surprised there hasn't been a Monkwearmiuth - Park Lane - Wembley suggestion made yet Wink

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
23 Jan 2014, 8:14 am #83

Very surprised there hasn't been a Monkwearmiuth - Park Lane - Wembley suggestion made yet Wink

MurdnunoC

23 Jan 2014, 4:51 pm #84
(23 Jan 2014, 8:14 am)andreos1 Monkwearmiuth

Monkwearmuith? Is that Pitmatic for Monkwearmouth?
MurdnunoC
23 Jan 2014, 4:51 pm #84

(23 Jan 2014, 8:14 am)andreos1 Monkwearmiuth

Monkwearmuith? Is that Pitmatic for Monkwearmouth?

idiot

24 Jan 2014, 8:05 am #85
(23 Jan 2014, 8:14 am)andreos1 Very surprised there hasn't been a Monkwearmiuth - Park Lane - Wembley suggestion made yet Wink

SoL - Park Lane - Fencehouses - Wembley BlushBig Grin
idiot
24 Jan 2014, 8:05 am #85

(23 Jan 2014, 8:14 am)andreos1 Very surprised there hasn't been a Monkwearmiuth - Park Lane - Wembley suggestion made yet Wink

SoL - Park Lane - Fencehouses - Wembley BlushBig Grin

Andreos1

24 Jan 2014, 11:05 am #86
(23 Jan 2014, 4:51 pm)AdamY Monkwearmuith? Is that Pitmatic for Monkwearmouth?

Aye, I durg myself a hurl with that one like.

(24 Jan 2014, 8:05 am)idiot SoL - Park Lane - Fencehouses - Wembley BlushBig Grin

On a ten min frequency? Wink

Andreos1
24 Jan 2014, 11:05 am #86

(23 Jan 2014, 4:51 pm)AdamY Monkwearmuith? Is that Pitmatic for Monkwearmouth?

Aye, I durg myself a hurl with that one like.

(24 Jan 2014, 8:05 am)idiot SoL - Park Lane - Fencehouses - Wembley BlushBig Grin

On a ten min frequency? Wink

MurdnunoC

24 Jan 2014, 12:10 pm #87
I'm glad to see the Monkwearmyuth - Wembley service suggestion appearing in the Stagecoach thread where, if adopted, it would retain some sense of stability. If GNE were to run the service, it would probably change two or three times between now and cup final. (Boom Boom) Big Grin
MurdnunoC
24 Jan 2014, 12:10 pm #87

I'm glad to see the Monkwearmyuth - Wembley service suggestion appearing in the Stagecoach thread where, if adopted, it would retain some sense of stability. If GNE were to run the service, it would probably change two or three times between now and cup final. (Boom Boom) Big Grin

Simm101

25 Jan 2014, 1:23 am #88
(24 Jan 2014, 12:10 pm)AdamY I'm glad to see the Monkwearmyuth - Wembley service suggestion appearing in the Stagecoach thread where, if adopted, it would retain some sense of stability. If GNE were to run the service, it would probably change two or three times between now and cup final. (Boom Boom) Big Grin

Perhaps Megabus (a Stagecoach company) could provide this service? Wink
Edited 25 Jan 2014, 11:54 am by Simm101.
Simm101
25 Jan 2014, 1:23 am #88

(24 Jan 2014, 12:10 pm)AdamY I'm glad to see the Monkwearmyuth - Wembley service suggestion appearing in the Stagecoach thread where, if adopted, it would retain some sense of stability. If GNE were to run the service, it would probably change two or three times between now and cup final. (Boom Boom) Big Grin

Perhaps Megabus (a Stagecoach company) could provide this service? Wink

09 Feb 2014, 11:29 pm #89
I often wonder is stagecoach would operate any stagecoach gold services in the North East, when you see the growth of sapphire services by ARRIVA, (and the ''gold'' services by GNE) its a little disappointing to see alx300's on busy services across the region. Not only that, but only Newcastle and Sunderland are the only places with different looking buses (Newcastle with 100's and hybrids, Sunderland with gas buses). Thats why the gold service would make some sense, definatley in Newcastle on services like the 1 or even an upgrade to the X47 or 100. Either way, Stagecoach for me fall to the bottom in the top 3 of bus quality - just my thought.
benambro
09 Feb 2014, 11:29 pm #89

I often wonder is stagecoach would operate any stagecoach gold services in the North East, when you see the growth of sapphire services by ARRIVA, (and the ''gold'' services by GNE) its a little disappointing to see alx300's on busy services across the region. Not only that, but only Newcastle and Sunderland are the only places with different looking buses (Newcastle with 100's and hybrids, Sunderland with gas buses). Thats why the gold service would make some sense, definatley in Newcastle on services like the 1 or even an upgrade to the X47 or 100. Either way, Stagecoach for me fall to the bottom in the top 3 of bus quality - just my thought.

pringlj

10 Feb 2014, 10:32 am #90
Most of Sunderland Stagecoach routes are "gold" in my opinion, in the sense that they are regular services, operating on a clear and concise timetable. That is what counts rather than fancy branding
pringlj
10 Feb 2014, 10:32 am #90

Most of Sunderland Stagecoach routes are "gold" in my opinion, in the sense that they are regular services, operating on a clear and concise timetable. That is what counts rather than fancy branding

10 Feb 2014, 4:35 pm #91
Well, I can't shout for Sunderland but I can for Teesside, their can be times that you can wait up to 20 minutes for a every 10/12 minute bus, and i've even seen 2 or 3 buses come at once (even 4 in a bizarre moment). This doesn't show a gold service.

I also think that branding shows care towards any customer. Whether it be tourist or local, take the crusader - it hasn't had top notch buses on it but yet it still carries a branding that shows locality and background knowledge of the area they service.
benambro
10 Feb 2014, 4:35 pm #91

Well, I can't shout for Sunderland but I can for Teesside, their can be times that you can wait up to 20 minutes for a every 10/12 minute bus, and i've even seen 2 or 3 buses come at once (even 4 in a bizarre moment). This doesn't show a gold service.

I also think that branding shows care towards any customer. Whether it be tourist or local, take the crusader - it hasn't had top notch buses on it but yet it still carries a branding that shows locality and background knowledge of the area they service.

Michael

16 Apr 2014, 10:23 am #92
Changes to the 18/19 in Sunderland

Extending it from Seaburn to South Shields

18 - Grindon - Bede - Pallion - Southwick - Seaburn - Marsden Inn - South Shields - Westoe - Cleadon - Seaburn - City Centre - Grangetown - Grindon - Every 30 mins

19 - Grindon - Grangetown - City Centre - Seaburn - Cleadon - Westoe - South Shields - Marsden Inn - Seaburn - Southwick - Pallion - Bede College -Grindon - Every 30 mins

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 Apr 2014, 10:23 am #92

Changes to the 18/19 in Sunderland

Extending it from Seaburn to South Shields

18 - Grindon - Bede - Pallion - Southwick - Seaburn - Marsden Inn - South Shields - Westoe - Cleadon - Seaburn - City Centre - Grangetown - Grindon - Every 30 mins

19 - Grindon - Grangetown - City Centre - Seaburn - Cleadon - Westoe - South Shields - Marsden Inn - Seaburn - Southwick - Pallion - Bede College -Grindon - Every 30 mins

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

16 Apr 2014, 12:03 pm #93
As an outsider looking in - keep the North side of the the river as it is, but adapt it between the hospital and Springwell.

So rather than serve Ormond Street, Durham Road and Prospect, it goes via Chester Road, Holborn Road, Hylton Road, Portsmouth/Pennywell Road, Chester Road, Somerset Road - current route through Thorney Close on a circular to Premier Road.

Andreos1
16 Apr 2014, 12:03 pm #93

As an outsider looking in - keep the North side of the the river as it is, but adapt it between the hospital and Springwell.

So rather than serve Ormond Street, Durham Road and Prospect, it goes via Chester Road, Holborn Road, Hylton Road, Portsmouth/Pennywell Road, Chester Road, Somerset Road - current route through Thorney Close on a circular to Premier Road.

Michael

16 Apr 2014, 12:12 pm #94
(16 Apr 2014, 12:03 pm)Andreos Constantopolous As an outsider looking in - keep the North side of the the river as it is, but adapt it between the hospital and Springwell.

Thinking of it that way, ye it might do a little better on this side of the water.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 Apr 2014, 12:12 pm #94

(16 Apr 2014, 12:03 pm)Andreos Constantopolous As an outsider looking in - keep the North side of the the river as it is, but adapt it between the hospital and Springwell.

Thinking of it that way, ye it might do a little better on this side of the water.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MurdnunoC

16 Apr 2014, 1:11 pm #95
But how would that affect the E1/2/6 if the 18/19 were extended from Seaburn to Shields via The Coast?

The Cleadon/Harton route to Shields provides competition for the 35(A/B/C) and doesn't overlap with existing Stagecoach services with exception of the 30 between Cleadon and Shields. However, the 30 could be re-timed and coordinated with your suggestion to extend the 18/19 to Shields and provide an increased frequency (every 10 mins) between Cleadon and Shields.

Taking into account Andreos' suggestion, the route might look something like this:

18: South Shields - Harton - Cleadon - Fulwell - Seaburn - Roker - City Centre - Grangetown - Thornley Close - Grindon - Pallion - Southwick - Cleadon - Harton - South Shields

19: Reverse route of 18.

I'd probably withdraw the service from South Bends Estate and divert one of E's (another alternative would be to extend the 23 from Dene Estate) to replace any lost links there. The service would also probably need renumbering to prevent confusion with the South Shields 18 - I'd probably go with the 28/29.
MurdnunoC
16 Apr 2014, 1:11 pm #95

But how would that affect the E1/2/6 if the 18/19 were extended from Seaburn to Shields via The Coast?

The Cleadon/Harton route to Shields provides competition for the 35(A/B/C) and doesn't overlap with existing Stagecoach services with exception of the 30 between Cleadon and Shields. However, the 30 could be re-timed and coordinated with your suggestion to extend the 18/19 to Shields and provide an increased frequency (every 10 mins) between Cleadon and Shields.

Taking into account Andreos' suggestion, the route might look something like this:

18: South Shields - Harton - Cleadon - Fulwell - Seaburn - Roker - City Centre - Grangetown - Thornley Close - Grindon - Pallion - Southwick - Cleadon - Harton - South Shields

I'd probably withdraw the service from South Bends Estate and divert one of E's (another alternative would be to extend the 23 from Dene Estate) to replace any lost links there. The service would also probably need renumbering to prevent confusion with the South Shields 18 - I'd probably go with the 28/29.

Michael

16 Apr 2014, 1:18 pm #96
(16 Apr 2014, 1:11 pm)AdamY But how would that affect the E1/2/6 if the 18/19 were extended from Seaburn to Shields via The Coast?

The 23 could be extended from dene estate,it would only add 1 to its PVR, it will give the area an 10 min service to.

I like your idea Adam, its better than mine.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 Apr 2014, 1:18 pm #96

(16 Apr 2014, 1:11 pm)AdamY But how would that affect the E1/2/6 if the 18/19 were extended from Seaburn to Shields via The Coast?

The 23 could be extended from dene estate,it would only add 1 to its PVR, it will give the area an 10 min service to.

I like your idea Adam, its better than mine.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MurdnunoC

16 Apr 2014, 4:50 pm #97
(16 Apr 2014, 1:18 pm)Michael I like your idea Adam, its better than mine.

It's your idea, I've merely expanded upon it!

The main problem with extending the 18/19 from Seaburn or Fulwell to South Shields by any route is that the link from North East Sunderland to the Royal Hospital will be lost. The length of the route and whether anyone would use it or not also causes concern.
MurdnunoC
16 Apr 2014, 4:50 pm #97

(16 Apr 2014, 1:18 pm)Michael I like your idea Adam, its better than mine.

It's your idea, I've merely expanded upon it!

The main problem with extending the 18/19 from Seaburn or Fulwell to South Shields by any route is that the link from North East Sunderland to the Royal Hospital will be lost. The length of the route and whether anyone would use it or not also causes concern.

Michael

16 Apr 2014, 5:07 pm #98
(16 Apr 2014, 5:03 pm)AIG20 My suggestion would be creating a new Economic route that will serve the "Lawe Top" - next to the Roman Fort, the Coast Road, the whole of Lizard Lane, the South Bents Estate, Roker Park Road, Park Parade, Roker Avenue and the City Centre.

This will allow the E1 to serve the east side of Church Street North and Dame Dorothy Street, and the E6 to serve Mill Lane. This is because Roker Avenue and Lizard Lane (in Whitburn) is becoming too narrow for "full sized" single decker's.

This will replace services 18 and 19 between Seaburn and the City Centre.

What about the route between - Grindon and City Centre - Via Grangetown?

Edit: U answered my question after i posted it and u edited your's haha
Edited 16 Apr 2014, 5:08 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 Apr 2014, 5:07 pm #98

(16 Apr 2014, 5:03 pm)AIG20 My suggestion would be creating a new Economic route that will serve the "Lawe Top" - next to the Roman Fort, the Coast Road, the whole of Lizard Lane, the South Bents Estate, Roker Park Road, Park Parade, Roker Avenue and the City Centre.

This will allow the E1 to serve the east side of Church Street North and Dame Dorothy Street, and the E6 to serve Mill Lane. This is because Roker Avenue and Lizard Lane (in Whitburn) is becoming too narrow for "full sized" single decker's.

This will replace services 18 and 19 between Seaburn and the City Centre.

What about the route between - Grindon and City Centre - Via Grangetown?

Edit: U answered my question after i posted it and u edited your's haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

16 Apr 2014, 5:14 pm #99
(16 Apr 2014, 5:11 pm)AIG20 Sorry, that's a habbit that I will have to get out of. (Editing and expanding after posting) Tongue

XD its ok, it happens, i do it alot to!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 Apr 2014, 5:14 pm #99

(16 Apr 2014, 5:11 pm)AIG20 Sorry, that's a habbit that I will have to get out of. (Editing and expanding after posting) Tongue

XD its ok, it happens, i do it alot to!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

16 Apr 2014, 5:27 pm #100

Guilty of doing this all the time. Tongue
Dan
16 Apr 2014, 5:27 pm #100

Guilty of doing this all the time. Tongue

Pages (52) Previous 14 5 652 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average