North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Wrestling

Wrestling

Wrestling

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (43) Previous 136 37 3843 Next
MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

31 Jul 2015, 10:25 pm #721
(31 Jul 2015, 10:25 pm)Malarkey Rowdy Roddy Piper has reportedly Passed Away at the age of 61, according to TMZ.
Bloody hell...

Will have a look about see if I can find anything about it
MrFozz
31 Jul 2015, 10:25 pm #721

(31 Jul 2015, 10:25 pm)Malarkey Rowdy Roddy Piper has reportedly Passed Away at the age of 61, according to TMZ.
Bloody hell...

Malarkey

31 Jul 2015, 10:27 pm #722
(31 Jul 2015, 10:25 pm)MrFozz Bloody hell...

Just read it on the Wrestling Rumours App on my Phone.
Malarkey
31 Jul 2015, 10:27 pm #722

(31 Jul 2015, 10:25 pm)MrFozz Bloody hell...

Just read it on the Wrestling Rumours App on my Phone.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

31 Jul 2015, 10:29 pm #723
(31 Jul 2015, 10:27 pm)Malarkey Just read it on the Wrestling Rumours App on my Phone.
http://www.google.co.uk/search?site=&sou...ICcyLk1_ZY

Seems to be correct, a link to the Google search I just did and it has a lot of sources

RIP Hot Rod Sad
Edited 31 Jul 2015, 10:29 pm by MrFozz.
MrFozz
31 Jul 2015, 10:29 pm #723

(31 Jul 2015, 10:27 pm)Malarkey Just read it on the Wrestling Rumours App on my Phone.
http://www.google.co.uk/search?site=&sou...ICcyLk1_ZY

Seems to be correct, a link to the Google search I just did and it has a lot of sources

RIP Hot Rod Sad

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

31 Jul 2015, 10:40 pm #724
Davey Boy was my favourite as a kid, but I liked Roddy too...

First Dusty, now Piper.

who will be next...

Flair, Hogan, Hacksaw Jim Duggan??? Sad
MrFozz
31 Jul 2015, 10:40 pm #724

Davey Boy was my favourite as a kid, but I liked Roddy too...

First Dusty, now Piper.

who will be next...

Flair, Hogan, Hacksaw Jim Duggan??? Sad

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

31 Jul 2015, 11:12 pm #725
Rowdy Roddy Piper Passes Away

WWE is deeply saddened that Roderick Toombs, aka “Rowdy” Roddy Piper — WWE Hall of Famer and Intercontinental Champion — passed away today at the age of 61.

WWE extends its sincerest condolences to Toombs’ family, friends and fans.

“Roddy Piper was one of the most entertaining, controversial and bombastic performers ever in WWE, beloved my millions of fans around the world,” said WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon. “I extend my deepest condolences to his family.”
MrFozz
31 Jul 2015, 11:12 pm #725

Rowdy Roddy Piper Passes Away

WWE is deeply saddened that Roderick Toombs, aka “Rowdy” Roddy Piper — WWE Hall of Famer and Intercontinental Champion — passed away today at the age of 61.

WWE extends its sincerest condolences to Toombs’ family, friends and fans.

“Roddy Piper was one of the most entertaining, controversial and bombastic performers ever in WWE, beloved my millions of fans around the world,” said WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon. “I extend my deepest condolences to his family.”

Malarkey

09 Aug 2015, 6:01 pm #726
Just a general question here.

Do you think that WWE should split RAW & Smackdown into two Rosters again, with a Yearly Draft as seen in years past?
Malarkey
09 Aug 2015, 6:01 pm #726

Just a general question here.

Do you think that WWE should split RAW & Smackdown into two Rosters again, with a Yearly Draft as seen in years past?

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

09 Aug 2015, 6:05 pm #727
(09 Aug 2015, 6:01 pm)Malarkey Just a general question here.

Why was the draft ended in it's first incarnation???
MrFozz
09 Aug 2015, 6:05 pm #727

Why was the draft ended in it's first incarnation???

Malarkey

09 Aug 2015, 6:21 pm #728
(09 Aug 2015, 6:05 pm)MrFozz Why was the draft ended in it's first incarnation???

Because WWE decided to do "Supershows" with all Superstars appearing on both Raw & Smackdown, with the same Matches over and over again which to be fair has gotten quite tiring to watch, how many times have we seen Rusev vs Jack Swagger in the last year, must be in double figures, feuds such as Sheamus vs Randy Orton and Dolph Ziggler vs Sheamus over the years, clearly WWE is lacking creativity, compelling story lines and great feuds/matches, well with the exception of Kevin Owens vs John Cena, Divas Revolution, any match featuring Cesaro in the last few months and Paul Heyman Promos, as that has been good to watch, the rest is utter shite in my opinion.
Malarkey
09 Aug 2015, 6:21 pm #728

(09 Aug 2015, 6:05 pm)MrFozz Why was the draft ended in it's first incarnation???

Because WWE decided to do "Supershows" with all Superstars appearing on both Raw & Smackdown, with the same Matches over and over again which to be fair has gotten quite tiring to watch, how many times have we seen Rusev vs Jack Swagger in the last year, must be in double figures, feuds such as Sheamus vs Randy Orton and Dolph Ziggler vs Sheamus over the years, clearly WWE is lacking creativity, compelling story lines and great feuds/matches, well with the exception of Kevin Owens vs John Cena, Divas Revolution, any match featuring Cesaro in the last few months and Paul Heyman Promos, as that has been good to watch, the rest is utter shite in my opinion.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

09 Aug 2015, 6:36 pm #729
(09 Aug 2015, 6:21 pm)Malarkey Because WWE decided to do "Supershows" with all Superstars appearing on both Raw & Smackdown, with the same Matches over and over again which to be fair has gotten quite tiring to watch, how many times have we seen Rusev vs Jack Swagger in the last year, must be in double figures, feuds such as Sheamus vs Randy Orton and Dolph Ziggler vs Sheamus over the years, clearly WWE is lacking creativity, compelling story lines and great feuds/matches, well with the exception of Kevin Owens vs John Cena, Divas Revolution, any match featuring Cesaro in the last few months and Paul Heyman Promos, as that has been good to watch, the rest is utter shite in my opinion.
Would you not get the same tiresome matches if the brand, it just means you see the same old match once a week rather than twice, you may still get Rusev v Swagger a lot, just it would be limited to, say, Smackdown and Smackdown only...

I am personally not bothered either way, while I am still a fan, I dont watch it as much these days
MrFozz
09 Aug 2015, 6:36 pm #729

(09 Aug 2015, 6:21 pm)Malarkey Because WWE decided to do "Supershows" with all Superstars appearing on both Raw & Smackdown, with the same Matches over and over again which to be fair has gotten quite tiring to watch, how many times have we seen Rusev vs Jack Swagger in the last year, must be in double figures, feuds such as Sheamus vs Randy Orton and Dolph Ziggler vs Sheamus over the years, clearly WWE is lacking creativity, compelling story lines and great feuds/matches, well with the exception of Kevin Owens vs John Cena, Divas Revolution, any match featuring Cesaro in the last few months and Paul Heyman Promos, as that has been good to watch, the rest is utter shite in my opinion.
Would you not get the same tiresome matches if the brand, it just means you see the same old match once a week rather than twice, you may still get Rusev v Swagger a lot, just it would be limited to, say, Smackdown and Smackdown only...

I am personally not bothered either way, while I am still a fan, I dont watch it as much these days

MurdnunoC

09 Aug 2015, 6:43 pm #730

Nope.
MurdnunoC
09 Aug 2015, 6:43 pm #730

Nope.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

09 Aug 2015, 6:43 pm #731
(09 Aug 2015, 6:43 pm)MurdnunoC Nope.
Short and sweet answer Big Grin
MrFozz
09 Aug 2015, 6:43 pm #731

(09 Aug 2015, 6:43 pm)MurdnunoC Nope.
Short and sweet answer Big Grin

MurdnunoC

09 Aug 2015, 6:56 pm #732
(09 Aug 2015, 6:43 pm)MrFozz Short and sweet answer Big Grin

To elaborate, RAW was considered the flagship brand the last time around. Certain wrestlers twisted on when they were drafted to Smackdown (or ECW) because it was viewed as 'second-tier' (or third-tier). Shortly before his little episode, Benoit was drafted to ECW. Reportedly, this caused him to grow even more despondent as he felt he'd been demoted despite being booked to win the ECW title from CM Punk (which, for obvious reasons, didn't happen).

Some wrestlers have fragile egos. However it is presented, one brand is going to favoured over the other. Being on the 'lesser brand' causes problems.
MurdnunoC
09 Aug 2015, 6:56 pm #732

(09 Aug 2015, 6:43 pm)MrFozz Short and sweet answer Big Grin

To elaborate, RAW was considered the flagship brand the last time around. Certain wrestlers twisted on when they were drafted to Smackdown (or ECW) because it was viewed as 'second-tier' (or third-tier). Shortly before his little episode, Benoit was drafted to ECW. Reportedly, this caused him to grow even more despondent as he felt he'd been demoted despite being booked to win the ECW title from CM Punk (which, for obvious reasons, didn't happen).

Some wrestlers have fragile egos. However it is presented, one brand is going to favoured over the other. Being on the 'lesser brand' causes problems.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

09 Aug 2015, 7:00 pm #733
(09 Aug 2015, 6:56 pm)MurdnunoC To elaborate, RAW was considered the flagship brand the last time around. Certain wrestlers twisted on when they were drafted to Smackdown (or ECW) because it was viewed as 'second-tier' (or third-tier). Shortly before his little episode, Benoit was drafted to ECW. Reportedly, this caused him to grow even more despondent as he felt he'd been demoted despite being booked to win the ECW title from CM Punk (which, for obvious reasons, didn't happen).

Am I right in saying that despite being the 'Flagship' Show, a Paul Heyman led Smackdown Show actually outdid Raw at some point???
MrFozz
09 Aug 2015, 7:00 pm #733

(09 Aug 2015, 6:56 pm)MurdnunoC To elaborate, RAW was considered the flagship brand the last time around. Certain wrestlers twisted on when they were drafted to Smackdown (or ECW) because it was viewed as 'second-tier' (or third-tier). Shortly before his little episode, Benoit was drafted to ECW. Reportedly, this caused him to grow even more despondent as he felt he'd been demoted despite being booked to win the ECW title from CM Punk (which, for obvious reasons, didn't happen).

Am I right in saying that despite being the 'Flagship' Show, a Paul Heyman led Smackdown Show actually outdid Raw at some point???

MurdnunoC

09 Aug 2015, 7:03 pm #734
Wrestling-wise, Smackdown was often the better show. However RAW, being in the traditional Monday Night spot, drew the most ratings and, ergo, the most money.
MurdnunoC
09 Aug 2015, 7:03 pm #734

Wrestling-wise, Smackdown was often the better show. However RAW, being in the traditional Monday Night spot, drew the most ratings and, ergo, the most money.

Malarkey

23 Aug 2015, 2:48 pm #735
WWE NXT will be coming to the UK for a Tour in December (10th to 16th), kicking off the Tour at the Metro Radio Arena on the 10th.
Edited 23 Aug 2015, 2:51 pm by Malarkey.
Malarkey
23 Aug 2015, 2:48 pm #735

WWE NXT will be coming to the UK for a Tour in December (10th to 16th), kicking off the Tour at the Metro Radio Arena on the 10th.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

23 Aug 2015, 4:10 pm #736
(23 Aug 2015, 2:48 pm)Malarkey WWE NXT will be coming to the UK for a Tour in December (10th to 16th), kicking off the Tour at the Metro Radio Arena on the 10th.
That will be canny, but would it not make sense financially to run an NXT Tour alongside the main tour in November
MrFozz
23 Aug 2015, 4:10 pm #736

(23 Aug 2015, 2:48 pm)Malarkey WWE NXT will be coming to the UK for a Tour in December (10th to 16th), kicking off the Tour at the Metro Radio Arena on the 10th.
That will be canny, but would it not make sense financially to run an NXT Tour alongside the main tour in November

MurdnunoC

23 Aug 2015, 6:07 pm #737
(23 Aug 2015, 4:10 pm)MrFozz That will be canny, but would it not make sense financially to run an NXT Tour alongside the main tour in November

NXT draws a different type of fan. I would have liked to have seen WWE bring NXT to smaller venues but it'll do fine nonetheless. NXT's success is another reason why the reintroduction of a brand-split would be a bad idea. If you've got an upper tier (for top wrestlers) and lower tier (for up-and-coming wrestlers), what's the point in introducing a middle-tier? Who's that for? The Mediocre?
MurdnunoC
23 Aug 2015, 6:07 pm #737

(23 Aug 2015, 4:10 pm)MrFozz That will be canny, but would it not make sense financially to run an NXT Tour alongside the main tour in November

NXT draws a different type of fan. I would have liked to have seen WWE bring NXT to smaller venues but it'll do fine nonetheless. NXT's success is another reason why the reintroduction of a brand-split would be a bad idea. If you've got an upper tier (for top wrestlers) and lower tier (for up-and-coming wrestlers), what's the point in introducing a middle-tier? Who's that for? The Mediocre?

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

23 Aug 2015, 6:27 pm #738
(23 Aug 2015, 6:07 pm)MurdnunoC NXT draws a different type of fan. I would have liked to have seen WWE bring NXT to smaller venues but it'll do fine nonetheless. NXT's success is another reason why the reintroduction of a brand-split would be a bad idea. If you've got an upper tier (for top wrestlers) and lower tier (for up-and-coming wrestlers), what's the point in introducing a middle-tier? Who's that for? The Mediocre?
Quick Question, not quite sure how to word it...Here goes

Could NXT, despite WWE being it's parent company, stand alone from Raw and Smackdown and could it perform will if it had a degree of automony from WWE HQ
MrFozz
23 Aug 2015, 6:27 pm #738

(23 Aug 2015, 6:07 pm)MurdnunoC NXT draws a different type of fan. I would have liked to have seen WWE bring NXT to smaller venues but it'll do fine nonetheless. NXT's success is another reason why the reintroduction of a brand-split would be a bad idea. If you've got an upper tier (for top wrestlers) and lower tier (for up-and-coming wrestlers), what's the point in introducing a middle-tier? Who's that for? The Mediocre?
Quick Question, not quite sure how to word it...Here goes

Could NXT, despite WWE being it's parent company, stand alone from Raw and Smackdown and could it perform will if it had a degree of automony from WWE HQ

MurdnunoC

23 Aug 2015, 6:34 pm #739
(23 Aug 2015, 6:27 pm)MrFozz Quick Question, not quite sure  how to word it...Here goes

It already does. It's HHH/Steph's project and wrestlers have much more creative freedom to do whatever they want. Last night, they brought in New Japan legend, Jushin Thunder Liger, to work the opening match and recognised him as the pioneer of the junior-heavyweight style which influenced much of what we see today in addition to the innovator of the Shooting Star Press. 

NXT is essentially an indie promotion under the umbrella of the WWE.
MurdnunoC
23 Aug 2015, 6:34 pm #739

(23 Aug 2015, 6:27 pm)MrFozz Quick Question, not quite sure  how to word it...Here goes

It already does. It's HHH/Steph's project and wrestlers have much more creative freedom to do whatever they want. Last night, they brought in New Japan legend, Jushin Thunder Liger, to work the opening match and recognised him as the pioneer of the junior-heavyweight style which influenced much of what we see today in addition to the innovator of the Shooting Star Press. 

NXT is essentially an indie promotion under the umbrella of the WWE.

Malarkey

23 Aug 2015, 7:44 pm #740
Apollo Crews is freakin unbelievably athletic a 260 Pound guy.
Malarkey
23 Aug 2015, 7:44 pm #740

Apollo Crews is freakin unbelievably athletic a 260 Pound guy.

Pages (43) Previous 136 37 3843 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average