North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Wrestling

Wrestling

Wrestling

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (43) Previous 17 8 943 Next
MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

10 Jun 2014, 12:18 pm #141
(10 Jun 2014, 11:26 am)AdamY When Ambrose talks it makes you want to listen. Very few wrestlers have that ability nowadays. You should check out some of his promos from when he was wrestling on the indies (as John Moxley).

This one in particular I think is great. It's done in a silent movie style (no words obviously) but Moxley/Ambrose still manages to get his message across in a captivating way.

Was he in TNA as Moxley???
MrFozz
10 Jun 2014, 12:18 pm #141

(10 Jun 2014, 11:26 am)AdamY When Ambrose talks it makes you want to listen. Very few wrestlers have that ability nowadays. You should check out some of his promos from when he was wrestling on the indies (as John Moxley).

This one in particular I think is great. It's done in a silent movie style (no words obviously) but Moxley/Ambrose still manages to get his message across in a captivating way.

Was he in TNA as Moxley???

MurdnunoC

10 Jun 2014, 1:35 pm #142
(10 Jun 2014, 12:18 pm)marxistafozzski Was he in TNA as Moxley???

I don't think so but I'd have to check. If he was in TNA, it would've only been a couple of appearances as a jobber on either Xplosion or Impact. I'll have to find out now.
MurdnunoC
10 Jun 2014, 1:35 pm #142

(10 Jun 2014, 12:18 pm)marxistafozzski Was he in TNA as Moxley???

I don't think so but I'd have to check. If he was in TNA, it would've only been a couple of appearances as a jobber on either Xplosion or Impact. I'll have to find out now.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

10 Jun 2014, 1:39 pm #143
I saw a video of him on Youtube ages ago and I am sure it was TNA, may have just been house show, dark match whatever Confused

that youtube link ya posted is brilliant
Edited 10 Jun 2014, 1:42 pm by MrFozz.
MrFozz
10 Jun 2014, 1:39 pm #143

I saw a video of him on Youtube ages ago and I am sure it was TNA, may have just been house show, dark match whatever Confused

MurdnunoC

10 Jun 2014, 2:38 pm #144
(10 Jun 2014, 1:39 pm)marxistafozzski I saw a video of him on Youtube ages ago and I am sure it was TNA, may have just been house show, dark match whatever Confused

I had a quick look at his career cross-referencing the matches listed on Cagematch with his general Wikipedia profile and I can't find any evidence which suggests that he was in TNA at any point. He has wrestled sporadically in the WWE as Jon Moxley (as enhancement talent) in the past jobbing to the likes of Val Venis from 2006 until he was eventually signed in 2011 so it's possible that you may have seen one of these matches at some point. Apart from that, CZW and Dragon Gate USA are the promotions I'd associate him with most prior to his WWE run.

Glad you liked it. Here's another featuring Moxley at his psychotic best.

MurdnunoC
10 Jun 2014, 2:38 pm #144

(10 Jun 2014, 1:39 pm)marxistafozzski I saw a video of him on Youtube ages ago and I am sure it was TNA, may have just been house show, dark match whatever Confused

I had a quick look at his career cross-referencing the matches listed on Cagematch with his general Wikipedia profile and I can't find any evidence which suggests that he was in TNA at any point. He has wrestled sporadically in the WWE as Jon Moxley (as enhancement talent) in the past jobbing to the likes of Val Venis from 2006 until he was eventually signed in 2011 so it's possible that you may have seen one of these matches at some point. Apart from that, CZW and Dragon Gate USA are the promotions I'd associate him with most prior to his WWE run.

Glad you liked it. Here's another featuring Moxley at his psychotic best.

Half Pint

10 Jun 2014, 3:27 pm #145
I'm hoping in October to go see TCW vs CZW in Leeds. Got 2 ICW shows in August in Edinburgh booked and the return to Newcastle.
Half Pint
10 Jun 2014, 3:27 pm #145

I'm hoping in October to go see TCW vs CZW in Leeds. Got 2 ICW shows in August in Edinburgh booked and the return to Newcastle.

MurdnunoC

10 Jun 2014, 3:52 pm #146
(10 Jun 2014, 3:27 pm)Half Pint I'm hoping in October to go see TCW vs CZW in Leeds. Got 2 ICW shows in August in Edinburgh booked and the return to Newcastle.

Did you go to the ICW show in Newcastle at the beginning of the month?

I would have went if I had of known it was on.

I really want to go and see ICW someday. The Glasgow shows look and sound great.
Edited 10 Jun 2014, 4:11 pm by MurdnunoC.
MurdnunoC
10 Jun 2014, 3:52 pm #146

(10 Jun 2014, 3:27 pm)Half Pint I'm hoping in October to go see TCW vs CZW in Leeds. Got 2 ICW shows in August in Edinburgh booked and the return to Newcastle.

Did you go to the ICW show in Newcastle at the beginning of the month?

I really want to go and see ICW someday. The Glasgow shows look and sound great.

Malarkey

10 Jun 2014, 4:14 pm #147
Jon Moxley TNA Tryout
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbbFvkoV6Mg

MNM vs Jon Moxley and Dean Taylor - WWE Velocity 21/1/2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxYmfMpkuu0
Malarkey
10 Jun 2014, 4:14 pm #147

Jon Moxley TNA Tryout

MurdnunoC

10 Jun 2014, 4:40 pm #148
(10 Jun 2014, 4:14 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Jon Moxley TNA Tryout

Apparently this match occurred on November 11th 2008. I don't know why this match has been omitted from Cagematch - all of his other matches are listed including 'dark' matches/tryouts. Very strange!

I used to love MNM. Great theme music, great entrance, great gimmick.
MurdnunoC
10 Jun 2014, 4:40 pm #148

(10 Jun 2014, 4:14 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Jon Moxley TNA Tryout

Apparently this match occurred on November 11th 2008. I don't know why this match has been omitted from Cagematch - all of his other matches are listed including 'dark' matches/tryouts. Very strange!

Half Pint

10 Jun 2014, 5:08 pm #149
(10 Jun 2014, 3:52 pm)AdamY Did you go to the ICW show in Newcastle at the beginning of the month?

I did and it was fantastic, managed to meet some of the guys after the show and spoke to owner Mark Dallas. Sold out show and was announced they were coming back end of the year.
Half Pint
10 Jun 2014, 5:08 pm #149

(10 Jun 2014, 3:52 pm)AdamY Did you go to the ICW show in Newcastle at the beginning of the month?

I did and it was fantastic, managed to meet some of the guys after the show and spoke to owner Mark Dallas. Sold out show and was announced they were coming back end of the year.

MurdnunoC

10 Jun 2014, 5:39 pm #150
(10 Jun 2014, 5:08 pm)Half Pint I did and it was fantastic, managed to meet some of the guys after the show and spoke to owner Mark Dallas. Sold out show and was announced they were coming back end of the year.

From what I've seen, Mark Dallas comes across as a genuinely nice guy. A bit like Paul Heyman but without all the bullshit. Out of interest, who else did you meet at the show?

I also like how ICW are touring now. Until recently, it was only All-Star which did tours, but now you have the likes of ICW, LDN and a few other promotions putting on shows around the country. I will definitely attend their return show in Newcastle - providing I can get a ticket of courseWink

Are you going to the Tidal or/and MEW shows towards the end of the month?
MurdnunoC
10 Jun 2014, 5:39 pm #150

(10 Jun 2014, 5:08 pm)Half Pint I did and it was fantastic, managed to meet some of the guys after the show and spoke to owner Mark Dallas. Sold out show and was announced they were coming back end of the year.

From what I've seen, Mark Dallas comes across as a genuinely nice guy. A bit like Paul Heyman but without all the bullshit. Out of interest, who else did you meet at the show?

I also like how ICW are touring now. Until recently, it was only All-Star which did tours, but now you have the likes of ICW, LDN and a few other promotions putting on shows around the country. I will definitely attend their return show in Newcastle - providing I can get a ticket of courseWink

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

10 Jun 2014, 7:33 pm #151
(10 Jun 2014, 4:40 pm)AdamY Apparently this match occurred on November 11th 2008. I don't know why this match has been omitted from Cagematch - all of his other matches are listed including 'dark' matches/tryouts. Very strange!

I liked Melina...What happened to MNM, I stopped watching for a while and when I started watching again they had all gone
MrFozz
10 Jun 2014, 7:33 pm #151

(10 Jun 2014, 4:40 pm)AdamY Apparently this match occurred on November 11th 2008. I don't know why this match has been omitted from Cagematch - all of his other matches are listed including 'dark' matches/tryouts. Very strange!

I liked Melina...What happened to MNM, I stopped watching for a while and when I started watching again they had all gone

Half Pint

10 Jun 2014, 8:14 pm #152
(10 Jun 2014, 5:39 pm)AdamY From what I've seen, Mark Dallas comes across as a genuinely nice guy. A bit like Paul Heyman but without all the bullshit. Out of interest, who else did you meet at the show?

Think I'm busy when Tidal comes and regards MEW, not really fussed it's probs going to be the same folks from Embryonix. from ICE I met Big Damo, Joe Coffey etc. ICW don't do backstage tickets or meet and greet they come out and meet you. They are such an awesome promotion. If you keep an eye out on ICW youtube channel the next 2 shows will be the Newcastle show. If it wasn't for ICW I'd probs have lost my interest in wrestling as WWE to me is for kids and TNA is just trying to be something.

Mind there's a few good British promotions like HXC, Fight Club pro...just tend to keep away from family entertainment crap.
Half Pint
10 Jun 2014, 8:14 pm #152

(10 Jun 2014, 5:39 pm)AdamY From what I've seen, Mark Dallas comes across as a genuinely nice guy. A bit like Paul Heyman but without all the bullshit. Out of interest, who else did you meet at the show?

Think I'm busy when Tidal comes and regards MEW, not really fussed it's probs going to be the same folks from Embryonix. from ICE I met Big Damo, Joe Coffey etc. ICW don't do backstage tickets or meet and greet they come out and meet you. They are such an awesome promotion. If you keep an eye out on ICW youtube channel the next 2 shows will be the Newcastle show. If it wasn't for ICW I'd probs have lost my interest in wrestling as WWE to me is for kids and TNA is just trying to be something.

Mind there's a few good British promotions like HXC, Fight Club pro...just tend to keep away from family entertainment crap.

MurdnunoC

10 Jun 2014, 9:43 pm #153
(10 Jun 2014, 7:33 pm)marxistafozzski I liked Melina...What happened to MNM, I stopped watching for a while and when I started watching again they had all gone

Melina: Got popular due to her 'split' ring entrance; started to develop a real-life diva-esque attitude which made her unpopular with colleageues and management; was with John Morrison/Jonny Nitro before Big Dave started sorting her out and got bored with her; management eventually tired of her attitude and her contract was not renewed when up for renewal in 2011. Unlikely to be back anytime soon.

Nitro: Became John Morrison in ECW and started tagging with The Miz. The team eventually split and both feuded for a short while before The Miz went on to win the World Title and headline at Wrestlemania 27. Morrison got lost in the shuffle and became a very bland baby-face before deciding to try his luck on the independents after his contract ran out. Will probably be back someday.

Mercury/Matthews: Self-confessed drug-addict who got his act together before getting his big break with WWE; got injured and, as part of his recovery, was prescribed opiates; got into trouble and was eventually released by WWE in 2007; went into rehab and was eventually rehired; had a short run as part of CM Punk's Straight Edge Society; was offered a position as a trainer working with in developmental - a position which he accepted. Mercury is well-liked and well-regarded by everyone he's helped to train as well as management. Out of the three, he's probably the biggest success story and as long as he keeps on the straight and narrow, he's unlikely to lose his job anytime soon.
MurdnunoC
10 Jun 2014, 9:43 pm #153

(10 Jun 2014, 7:33 pm)marxistafozzski I liked Melina...What happened to MNM, I stopped watching for a while and when I started watching again they had all gone

Melina: Got popular due to her 'split' ring entrance; started to develop a real-life diva-esque attitude which made her unpopular with colleageues and management; was with John Morrison/Jonny Nitro before Big Dave started sorting her out and got bored with her; management eventually tired of her attitude and her contract was not renewed when up for renewal in 2011. Unlikely to be back anytime soon.

Nitro: Became John Morrison in ECW and started tagging with The Miz. The team eventually split and both feuded for a short while before The Miz went on to win the World Title and headline at Wrestlemania 27. Morrison got lost in the shuffle and became a very bland baby-face before deciding to try his luck on the independents after his contract ran out. Will probably be back someday.

Mercury/Matthews: Self-confessed drug-addict who got his act together before getting his big break with WWE; got injured and, as part of his recovery, was prescribed opiates; got into trouble and was eventually released by WWE in 2007; went into rehab and was eventually rehired; had a short run as part of CM Punk's Straight Edge Society; was offered a position as a trainer working with in developmental - a position which he accepted. Mercury is well-liked and well-regarded by everyone he's helped to train as well as management. Out of the three, he's probably the biggest success story and as long as he keeps on the straight and narrow, he's unlikely to lose his job anytime soon.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

10 Jun 2014, 9:48 pm #154
(10 Jun 2014, 9:43 pm)AdamY Melina: Got popular due to her 'split' ring entrance; started to develop a real-life diva-esque attitude which made her unpopular with colleageues and management; was with John Morrison/Jonny Nitro before Big Dave started sorting her out and got bored with her; management eventually tired of her attitude and her contract was not renewed when up for renewal in 2011. Unlikely to be back anytime soon.

Cheers mate
MrFozz
10 Jun 2014, 9:48 pm #154

(10 Jun 2014, 9:43 pm)AdamY Melina: Got popular due to her 'split' ring entrance; started to develop a real-life diva-esque attitude which made her unpopular with colleageues and management; was with John Morrison/Jonny Nitro before Big Dave started sorting her out and got bored with her; management eventually tired of her attitude and her contract was not renewed when up for renewal in 2011. Unlikely to be back anytime soon.

Cheers mate

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

10 Jun 2014, 10:14 pm #155
After seeing Bazzas rant on Colback and how the whole thing has blown up, it kind of reminds of Dave Wills, and American wrestling who breaks down in tears while talking to Terry Funk

I have spoke to this guy many times on Social Media, and if I remember correctly he told me he never expected it to take off like it did, it ended up getting the attention of people like Jimmy Kimmel
Edited 10 Jun 2014, 10:16 pm by MrFozz.
MrFozz
10 Jun 2014, 10:14 pm #155

After seeing Bazzas rant on Colback and how the whole thing has blown up, it kind of reminds of Dave Wills, and American wrestling who breaks down in tears while talking to Terry Funk

I have spoke to this guy many times on Social Media, and if I remember correctly he told me he never expected it to take off like it did, it ended up getting the attention of people like Jimmy Kimmel

MurdnunoC

10 Jun 2014, 10:24 pm #156
(10 Jun 2014, 8:14 pm)Half Pint Think I'm busy when Tidal comes and regards MEW, not really fussed it's probs going to be the same folks from Embryonix.

I definitely want to go and see Tidal but, like you, I'm not too fussed about MEW. I don't know whether Dan Fitch still has anything to do with the promotion but I remember when he first started promoting shows under the MEW banner in 2005 he had all these plans to run shows in flashy venues featuring top British talent. This is certainly a long-way from that. I didn't think much of AJ Anderson when he was wrestling for wZw back in 2004-06 and I don't particularity want to see him in 2014 seemingly positioned at the top of the card with other various wZw alumni. However, I haven't seen any of the Embryonix bunch so I might pop along for that - if I'm not busy of course!
MurdnunoC
10 Jun 2014, 10:24 pm #156

(10 Jun 2014, 8:14 pm)Half Pint Think I'm busy when Tidal comes and regards MEW, not really fussed it's probs going to be the same folks from Embryonix.

I definitely want to go and see Tidal but, like you, I'm not too fussed about MEW. I don't know whether Dan Fitch still has anything to do with the promotion but I remember when he first started promoting shows under the MEW banner in 2005 he had all these plans to run shows in flashy venues featuring top British talent. This is certainly a long-way from that. I didn't think much of AJ Anderson when he was wrestling for wZw back in 2004-06 and I don't particularity want to see him in 2014 seemingly positioned at the top of the card with other various wZw alumni. However, I haven't seen any of the Embryonix bunch so I might pop along for that - if I'm not busy of course!

MurdnunoC

10 Jun 2014, 10:30 pm #157
(10 Jun 2014, 10:14 pm)marxistafozzski After seeing Bazzas rant on Colback and how the whole thing has blown up, it kind of reminds of Dave Wills, and American wrestling who breaks down in tears while talking to Terry Funk

And apparently it made him a little bit of money. He was booked to appear at wrestling conventions as well as making appearances on a variety of television shows.

Good on him.
Edited 10 Jun 2014, 10:30 pm by MurdnunoC.
MurdnunoC
10 Jun 2014, 10:30 pm #157

(10 Jun 2014, 10:14 pm)marxistafozzski After seeing Bazzas rant on Colback and how the whole thing has blown up, it kind of reminds of Dave Wills, and American wrestling who breaks down in tears while talking to Terry Funk

And apparently it made him a little bit of money. He was booked to appear at wrestling conventions as well as making appearances on a variety of television shows.

Good on him.

Half Pint

10 Jun 2014, 10:34 pm #158
(10 Jun 2014, 10:24 pm)AdamY I definitely want to go and see Tidal but, like you, I'm not too fussed about MEW. I don't know whether Dan Fitch still has anything to do with the promotion but I remember when he first started promoting shows under the MEW banner in 2005 he had all these plans to run shows in flashy venues featuring top British talent. This is certainly a long-way from that. I didn't think much of AJ Anderson when he was wrestling for wZw back in 2004-06 and I don't particularity want to see him in 2014 seemingly positioned at the top of the card with other various wZw alumni. However, I haven't seen any of the Embryonix bunch so I might pop along for that - if I'm not busy of course!

Embryonix is more South Shields based, and is it's own wrestling school, so graduates then go out and wrestle the shows. It's something I'm looking to do in a few months time. Just got few months of the gym to look at first.
Half Pint
10 Jun 2014, 10:34 pm #158

(10 Jun 2014, 10:24 pm)AdamY I definitely want to go and see Tidal but, like you, I'm not too fussed about MEW. I don't know whether Dan Fitch still has anything to do with the promotion but I remember when he first started promoting shows under the MEW banner in 2005 he had all these plans to run shows in flashy venues featuring top British talent. This is certainly a long-way from that. I didn't think much of AJ Anderson when he was wrestling for wZw back in 2004-06 and I don't particularity want to see him in 2014 seemingly positioned at the top of the card with other various wZw alumni. However, I haven't seen any of the Embryonix bunch so I might pop along for that - if I'm not busy of course!

Embryonix is more South Shields based, and is it's own wrestling school, so graduates then go out and wrestle the shows. It's something I'm looking to do in a few months time. Just got few months of the gym to look at first.

MurdnunoC

10 Jun 2014, 10:54 pm #159
(10 Jun 2014, 10:34 pm)Half Pint Embryonix is more South Shields based, and is it's own wrestling school, so graduates then go out and wrestle the shows. It's something I'm looking to do in a few months time. Just got few months of the gym to look at first.

I've tried doing it in the past; it's harder than you think. I think I lasted about four sessions before I decided to quit. The deciding factor for me was when I bumped wrong and hurt my back. It wasn't anything serious, however I'd just started a job which required me to lift things and I didn't want to jeopardise that.

If you're waiting a few months to train then there might be a school opening in Birtley in the not-too-distant future. I won't go into too many details in case it doesn't materialise but it will be ran by someone who's considered a big name on the British scene. You might want to check it out when the time comes.
MurdnunoC
10 Jun 2014, 10:54 pm #159

(10 Jun 2014, 10:34 pm)Half Pint Embryonix is more South Shields based, and is it's own wrestling school, so graduates then go out and wrestle the shows. It's something I'm looking to do in a few months time. Just got few months of the gym to look at first.

I've tried doing it in the past; it's harder than you think. I think I lasted about four sessions before I decided to quit. The deciding factor for me was when I bumped wrong and hurt my back. It wasn't anything serious, however I'd just started a job which required me to lift things and I didn't want to jeopardise that.

If you're waiting a few months to train then there might be a school opening in Birtley in the not-too-distant future. I won't go into too many details in case it doesn't materialise but it will be ran by someone who's considered a big name on the British scene. You might want to check it out when the time comes.

Half Pint

11 Jun 2014, 12:20 pm #160
(10 Jun 2014, 10:54 pm)AdamY I've tried doing it in the past; it's harder than you think. I think I lasted about four sessions before I decided to quit. The deciding factor for me was when I bumped wrong and hurt my back. It wasn't anything serious, however I'd just started a job which required me to lift things and I didn't want to jeopardise that.

Wrestled before, so know how stressful it is lol. Building myself back up as years since I last was in the ring and like you took a back bump wrong and it didn't feel nice at all.
Edited 11 Jun 2014, 4:32 pm by Half Pint.
Half Pint
11 Jun 2014, 12:20 pm #160

(10 Jun 2014, 10:54 pm)AdamY I've tried doing it in the past; it's harder than you think. I think I lasted about four sessions before I decided to quit. The deciding factor for me was when I bumped wrong and hurt my back. It wasn't anything serious, however I'd just started a job which required me to lift things and I didn't want to jeopardise that.

Wrestled before, so know how stressful it is lol. Building myself back up as years since I last was in the ring and like you took a back bump wrong and it didn't feel nice at all.

Pages (43) Previous 17 8 943 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average