North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Wrestling

Wrestling

Wrestling

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (43) Previous 112 13 1443 Next
MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

07 Jul 2014, 3:32 pm #241
(07 Jul 2014, 2:00 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Such a sad Day for WWE and the WWE Universe, As Santino Marella has announced his Retirement due to suffering a Neck Injury for the 3rd Time.

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/...etirement/

Marella Moments
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPkIosMO8lY

Tea Party with Sheamus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ2ib9wHCTA

Retirement Speech
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbyfwjvbnK8

Was not that struck on Santino to be honest...But he seemed a nice enough bloke when I saw him in Belfast 6 years ago
MrFozz
07 Jul 2014, 3:32 pm #241

(07 Jul 2014, 2:00 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Such a sad Day for WWE and the WWE Universe, As Santino Marella has announced his Retirement due to suffering a Neck Injury for the 3rd Time.

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/...etirement/

Marella Moments
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPkIosMO8lY

Tea Party with Sheamus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ2ib9wHCTA

Retirement Speech
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbyfwjvbnK8

Was not that struck on Santino to be honest...But he seemed a nice enough bloke when I saw him in Belfast 6 years ago

MurdnunoC

08 Jul 2014, 7:01 pm #242
I thought Santino's initial debut in Italy was a bit boring. But his gradual turn into the comedic heel back in 2007 brought some genuine funny moments to the WWE.

I loved his stuff with Maria as well as his burial of Steve Austin's film, The Condemned. His second IC Title run could have been the stuff of legend if WWE had let him beat, or at least tie with, The Honky Tonk Man's lengthy reign - Honky Tonk Meter and all. But alas, we will never know what could have been.

Admittedly, his act did get really stale towards the end but I think that was largely due to his positioning as a babyface. Heel Santino was great but, as a face, the comedy came across as forced and, at times, embarrassingly bad in my opinion. Still, Santino always seemed motivated regardless of the crap he was given. He's been employed by the WWE since 2005 and it looks like he'll still be employed for a good while yet.
MurdnunoC
08 Jul 2014, 7:01 pm #242

I thought Santino's initial debut in Italy was a bit boring. But his gradual turn into the comedic heel back in 2007 brought some genuine funny moments to the WWE.

I loved his stuff with Maria as well as his burial of Steve Austin's film, The Condemned. His second IC Title run could have been the stuff of legend if WWE had let him beat, or at least tie with, The Honky Tonk Man's lengthy reign - Honky Tonk Meter and all. But alas, we will never know what could have been.

Admittedly, his act did get really stale towards the end but I think that was largely due to his positioning as a babyface. Heel Santino was great but, as a face, the comedy came across as forced and, at times, embarrassingly bad in my opinion. Still, Santino always seemed motivated regardless of the crap he was given. He's been employed by the WWE since 2005 and it looks like he'll still be employed for a good while yet.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

08 Jul 2014, 7:06 pm #243
(08 Jul 2014, 7:01 pm)AdamY I thought Santino's initial debut in Italy was a bit boring. But his gradual turn into the comedic heel back in 2007 brought some genuine funny moments to the WWE.

Good on WWE if they keep him on, what do you think he will be doing, will he move into commentary, become a road agent or some kind of role in development training NXT talent???
MrFozz
08 Jul 2014, 7:06 pm #243

(08 Jul 2014, 7:01 pm)AdamY I thought Santino's initial debut in Italy was a bit boring. But his gradual turn into the comedic heel back in 2007 brought some genuine funny moments to the WWE.

Good on WWE if they keep him on, what do you think he will be doing, will he move into commentary, become a road agent or some kind of role in development training NXT talent???

MurdnunoC

08 Jul 2014, 11:07 pm #244
(08 Jul 2014, 7:06 pm)marxistafozzski Good on WWE if they keep him on, what do you think he will be doing, will he move into commentary, become a road agent or some kind of role in development training NXT talent???

I can't see him in the role of road agent or trainer, at least, not in the immediate future. He's too much of a cartoon character, much in the same vein as the old-school WWF stars from the 80s who occasionally appear on WWE. I suspect that he'll appear in segments from time to time (as Santino) before eventually fading into the background where he can then, perhaps, transition into a producer or trainer role.

Personally, I'd like to see him manage someone, however because his gimmick is predominantly comedy-based, it's hard to place him managing anyone other than another comedy-based wrestler. Being placed with Santino could prove to be the kiss-of-death for wrestler wishing to rise above Santino's current position on the card.

He would probably do well as RAW GM. I mean, why not? The position's vacant.
MurdnunoC
08 Jul 2014, 11:07 pm #244

(08 Jul 2014, 7:06 pm)marxistafozzski Good on WWE if they keep him on, what do you think he will be doing, will he move into commentary, become a road agent or some kind of role in development training NXT talent???

I can't see him in the role of road agent or trainer, at least, not in the immediate future. He's too much of a cartoon character, much in the same vein as the old-school WWF stars from the 80s who occasionally appear on WWE. I suspect that he'll appear in segments from time to time (as Santino) before eventually fading into the background where he can then, perhaps, transition into a producer or trainer role.

Personally, I'd like to see him manage someone, however because his gimmick is predominantly comedy-based, it's hard to place him managing anyone other than another comedy-based wrestler. Being placed with Santino could prove to be the kiss-of-death for wrestler wishing to rise above Santino's current position on the card.

He would probably do well as RAW GM. I mean, why not? The position's vacant.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

09 Jul 2014, 11:19 am #245
Is it just me or is Vladimir Putin one of the biggest heels in WE at present
MrFozz
09 Jul 2014, 11:19 am #245

Is it just me or is Vladimir Putin one of the biggest heels in WE at present

MurdnunoC

09 Jul 2014, 11:29 am #246
(09 Jul 2014, 11:19 am)marxistafozzski Is it just me or is Vladimir Putin one of the biggest heels in WE at present

You could make a similar case for Saddam Hussein in 1990/91.
MurdnunoC
09 Jul 2014, 11:29 am #246

(09 Jul 2014, 11:19 am)marxistafozzski Is it just me or is Vladimir Putin one of the biggest heels in WE at present

You could make a similar case for Saddam Hussein in 1990/91.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

09 Jul 2014, 11:43 am #247
Aye, was that when Sgt. Slaughter defected during Desert Storm???
MrFozz
09 Jul 2014, 11:43 am #247

Aye, was that when Sgt. Slaughter defected during Desert Storm???

MurdnunoC

09 Jul 2014, 11:58 am #248
(09 Jul 2014, 11:43 am)marxistafozzski Aye, was that when Sgt. Slaughter defected during Desert Storm???

Yup. Not just Sgt. Slaughter but also The Iron Sheik who was re-packaged as Col. Mustafa.
MurdnunoC
09 Jul 2014, 11:58 am #248

(09 Jul 2014, 11:43 am)marxistafozzski Aye, was that when Sgt. Slaughter defected during Desert Storm???

Yup. Not just Sgt. Slaughter but also The Iron Sheik who was re-packaged as Col. Mustafa.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

09 Jul 2014, 1:11 pm #249
lol...

If I remember correctly was a Wrestlemania(possibly WM7) in 19th relocated from the the 90,000+ L.A. Memorial Coliseum to the adjacent 16,000+ seat L.A. Memorial Sports Arena using the safety of Sgt. Slaughters safety as the reason for the change, when in fact it was due to low ticket sales?
MrFozz
09 Jul 2014, 1:11 pm #249

lol...

If I remember correctly was a Wrestlemania(possibly WM7) in 19th relocated from the the 90,000+ L.A. Memorial Coliseum to the adjacent 16,000+ seat L.A. Memorial Sports Arena using the safety of Sgt. Slaughters safety as the reason for the change, when in fact it was due to low ticket sales?

MurdnunoC

09 Jul 2014, 6:47 pm #250
(09 Jul 2014, 1:11 pm)marxistafozzski lol...

Apparently so.

The whole Sgt. Slaughter/Iraqi angle wasn't well received and many thought it was a shameful attempt to cash in on The Gulf War which probably put-off a few punters. Also, the WWF was over it's late 80s peak and was in decline. Hulk Hogan had became stale and the WWF had failed to create any new stars to replace him as company ace. The closest they came was with The Ultimate Warrior the previous year and, because he didn't do the same kind box-office business as Hogan, the decision was made to put Hogan back as top-draw.
MurdnunoC
09 Jul 2014, 6:47 pm #250

(09 Jul 2014, 1:11 pm)marxistafozzski lol...

Apparently so.

The whole Sgt. Slaughter/Iraqi angle wasn't well received and many thought it was a shameful attempt to cash in on The Gulf War which probably put-off a few punters. Also, the WWF was over it's late 80s peak and was in decline. Hulk Hogan had became stale and the WWF had failed to create any new stars to replace him as company ace. The closest they came was with The Ultimate Warrior the previous year and, because he didn't do the same kind box-office business as Hogan, the decision was made to put Hogan back as top-draw.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

09 Jul 2014, 8:40 pm #251
(09 Jul 2014, 6:47 pm)AdamY Apparently so.

Wasn't that also about the time Vince was being investigated by the Feds regarding drug use, I know there was a big trial and didn't Hogan turn states evidence in that trial somewhere between '91and '94...

Can't remember it completely, was only a nipper at the time
MrFozz
09 Jul 2014, 8:40 pm #251

(09 Jul 2014, 6:47 pm)AdamY Apparently so.

Wasn't that also about the time Vince was being investigated by the Feds regarding drug use, I know there was a big trial and didn't Hogan turn states evidence in that trial somewhere between '91and '94...

MurdnunoC

10 Jul 2014, 8:39 am #252
(09 Jul 2014, 8:40 pm)marxistafozzski Wasn't that also about the time Vince was being investigated by the Feds regarding drug use, I know there was a big trial and didn't Hogan turn states evidence in that trial somewhere between '91and '94...

The Vince trial happened in 1994 but accusations of steroid use by wrestlers had been circulating for years.

Sometime in 1992, after rumours surfaced that Dr George Zahorian had sold steroids to numerous WWF wrestlers, Hogan appeared on The Arsenio Hall Show and denied any involvement. This turned out to be a lie.

Prosecutors, feeling that Hogan could be a key witness in the trial against Vince McMahon, persuaded Hogan to give evidence by offering him immunity from prosecution. This eventually backfired as Hogan's importance was over-estimated. When it was time to go on the stand, Hogan admitted he'd taken steroids for most of wrestling career, but this was his own choice and Vince McMahon had neither encouraged steroid use or sold him steroids.

Vince was eventually acquitted.
MurdnunoC
10 Jul 2014, 8:39 am #252

(09 Jul 2014, 8:40 pm)marxistafozzski Wasn't that also about the time Vince was being investigated by the Feds regarding drug use, I know there was a big trial and didn't Hogan turn states evidence in that trial somewhere between '91and '94...

The Vince trial happened in 1994 but accusations of steroid use by wrestlers had been circulating for years.

Sometime in 1992, after rumours surfaced that Dr George Zahorian had sold steroids to numerous WWF wrestlers, Hogan appeared on The Arsenio Hall Show and denied any involvement. This turned out to be a lie.

Prosecutors, feeling that Hogan could be a key witness in the trial against Vince McMahon, persuaded Hogan to give evidence by offering him immunity from prosecution. This eventually backfired as Hogan's importance was over-estimated. When it was time to go on the stand, Hogan admitted he'd taken steroids for most of wrestling career, but this was his own choice and Vince McMahon had neither encouraged steroid use or sold him steroids.

Vince was eventually acquitted.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

10 Jul 2014, 9:01 am #253
Makes me laugh when I see old footage of Hogan telling the Hulkamaniacs to take there vitamins and drink there milk and shit...Now we all know what vitamins he was taking

From what I remember and what I have read The government would have done anything to nail Vince
Edited 10 Jul 2014, 9:04 am by MrFozz.
MrFozz
10 Jul 2014, 9:01 am #253

Makes me laugh when I see old footage of Hogan telling the Hulkamaniacs to take there vitamins and drink there milk and shit...Now we all know what vitamins he was taking

From what I remember and what I have read The government would have done anything to nail Vince

MurdnunoC

10 Jul 2014, 9:23 am #254
It makes me laugh that Hogan managed to work the U.S. Government in the Vince McMahon steroid trial.

...In other news.

According to Tokyo Sports - a respected Japanese daily sports newspaper - WWE are going to announce the signing of Japanese star, KENTA, in a press conference scheduled for July 12th.

WWE don't usually hold press conferences to announce new signings so this could signify that they have big plans for KENTA. They held one for the signing of Mexican star, Mistico (Sin Cara), back in 2011. It was envisaged that Mistico/Sin Cara would eventually replace Rey Mysterio as WWE's top Hispanic star, however that did not materialise and the original Sin Cara was released earlier this year.

KENTA is the innovator of the GTS and Busaiku Knee which are used as finishers by CM Punk and Daniel Bryan.

MurdnunoC
10 Jul 2014, 9:23 am #254

It makes me laugh that Hogan managed to work the U.S. Government in the Vince McMahon steroid trial.

...In other news.

According to Tokyo Sports - a respected Japanese daily sports newspaper - WWE are going to announce the signing of Japanese star, KENTA, in a press conference scheduled for July 12th.

WWE don't usually hold press conferences to announce new signings so this could signify that they have big plans for KENTA. They held one for the signing of Mexican star, Mistico (Sin Cara), back in 2011. It was envisaged that Mistico/Sin Cara would eventually replace Rey Mysterio as WWE's top Hispanic star, however that did not materialise and the original Sin Cara was released earlier this year.

KENTA is the innovator of the GTS and Busaiku Knee which are used as finishers by CM Punk and Daniel Bryan.

MurdnunoC

12 Jul 2014, 1:04 pm #255
KENTA's signing is now official.

Source: http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/kenta-si...t-26474181

STAMFORD, Conn. — WWE today announced it has signed Kenta, one of Japan’s biggest stars, to its NXT division. The announcement took place during a signing ceremony at a WWE Live Event in Osaka, Japan with WWE icon and Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan presiding.

Kenta’s intense and straightforward in-ring style has led to his success in Japan, as well as during visits to the U.S. He is expected to reach new heights of global success with WWE.

“Kenta is an incredible performer who brings the crowd to its feet when he steps into the ring,” said Paul Levesque, Executive Vice President, Talent, Creative and Live Events, WWE. “WWE’s signing of Kenta reflects our continued dedication to creating a diverse roster that appeals to our global fan base.”

“I am humbled to join WWE’s NXT division and look forward to honing my craft with the global leader in sports-entertainment,” said Kenta.

Kenta will relocate to Orlando, Florida, where he will train at WWE’s state-of-the-art Performance Center to enhance his talents both athletically and creatively.
MurdnunoC
12 Jul 2014, 1:04 pm #255

KENTA's signing is now official.

Source: http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/kenta-si...t-26474181

STAMFORD, Conn. — WWE today announced it has signed Kenta, one of Japan’s biggest stars, to its NXT division. The announcement took place during a signing ceremony at a WWE Live Event in Osaka, Japan with WWE icon and Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan presiding.

Kenta’s intense and straightforward in-ring style has led to his success in Japan, as well as during visits to the U.S. He is expected to reach new heights of global success with WWE.

“Kenta is an incredible performer who brings the crowd to its feet when he steps into the ring,” said Paul Levesque, Executive Vice President, Talent, Creative and Live Events, WWE. “WWE’s signing of Kenta reflects our continued dedication to creating a diverse roster that appeals to our global fan base.”

“I am humbled to join WWE’s NXT division and look forward to honing my craft with the global leader in sports-entertainment,” said Kenta.

Kenta will relocate to Orlando, Florida, where he will train at WWE’s state-of-the-art Performance Center to enhance his talents both athletically and creatively.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

12 Jul 2014, 2:33 pm #256
Just been looking at this story about Nature Neidhart

INSANE LAWSUIT AGAINST WWE, DIVA DISMISSED

[quote]INSANE LAWSUIT AGAINST WWE, DIVA DISMISSED

As we reported yesterday in the PWInsider Elite section, a very strange lawsuit was filed against WWE and Natalya Neidhart on 6/27 and dismissed on 7/7 in Florida.

Christopher Donnelly, identified as currently incarcerated in the state of Pennsylvania, filed a hand-written lawsuit seeking $250,000 under threat of "going to the media" if he didn't receive it, claiming some really off the wall claims about the WWE Diva.

Among other claims made were that Neihart was a dominatrix who had beaten him while they were at hotels all over the United States from 2005-2009, had forced him to endure extreme sexual abuse and even forced him to prostitute himself in Miami, Florida.

Donnelly claimed the $250,000 he was seeking was for damages for mental and psychological trauma, spelling psychological wrong in the filing.

The suit was dismissed on 7/7, with the Judge noting that the complaint was filled with delusional language, did not prove to have any standing under Florida law and dismissed the suit.[/b]

Tried to sue WWE and Nattie for 250 large after she supposedly kicked the shit out of him for 4 years, subjecting him to extreme sexual abuse and even pimped him out...

Nearly cried with and pissed myself laughing at that one

I know one thing, I would happily be Natties bitch...
MrFozz
12 Jul 2014, 2:33 pm #256

Just been looking at this story about Nature Neidhart

[quote]INSANE LAWSUIT AGAINST WWE, DIVA DISMISSED

As we reported yesterday in the PWInsider Elite section, a very strange lawsuit was filed against WWE and Natalya Neidhart on 6/27 and dismissed on 7/7 in Florida.

Christopher Donnelly, identified as currently incarcerated in the state of Pennsylvania, filed a hand-written lawsuit seeking $250,000 under threat of "going to the media" if he didn't receive it, claiming some really off the wall claims about the WWE Diva.

Among other claims made were that Neihart was a dominatrix who had beaten him while they were at hotels all over the United States from 2005-2009, had forced him to endure extreme sexual abuse and even forced him to prostitute himself in Miami, Florida.

Donnelly claimed the $250,000 he was seeking was for damages for mental and psychological trauma, spelling psychological wrong in the filing.

The suit was dismissed on 7/7, with the Judge noting that the complaint was filled with delusional language, did not prove to have any standing under Florida law and dismissed the suit.[/b]

Tried to sue WWE and Nattie for 250 large after she supposedly kicked the shit out of him for 4 years, subjecting him to extreme sexual abuse and even pimped him out...

MurdnunoC

12 Jul 2014, 4:51 pm #257
(12 Jul 2014, 2:33 pm)marxistafozzski Just been looking at this story about Nature Neidhart

I saw this last week.

The first thing I wondered was where Tyson Kidd, Nattie's long-term partner and husband, was during this whole affair.

If it were true, then surely he'd be mentioned somewhere within the lawsuit.
Edited 12 Jul 2014, 4:51 pm by MurdnunoC.
MurdnunoC
12 Jul 2014, 4:51 pm #257

(12 Jul 2014, 2:33 pm)marxistafozzski Just been looking at this story about Nature Neidhart

I saw this last week.

The first thing I wondered was where Tyson Kidd, Nattie's long-term partner and husband, was during this whole affair.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

12 Jul 2014, 4:57 pm #258
(12 Jul 2014, 4:51 pm)AdamY I saw this last week.

I was wondering about Tyson Kidd as well...

While not much surprises and I certainly would not be shocked if it was true about Mistress Nattie, the whole thing absurd and ridiculous...By the sounds of it the wording of the lawsuit was poor at best and the judge laughed it out of court...

True or not, it is quite funny and will no doubt end up on the Pro Wrestling Urban Legend Sleaze in years to come that you recently posted
MrFozz
12 Jul 2014, 4:57 pm #258

(12 Jul 2014, 4:51 pm)AdamY I saw this last week.

I was wondering about Tyson Kidd as well...

While not much surprises and I certainly would not be shocked if it was true about Mistress Nattie, the whole thing absurd and ridiculous...By the sounds of it the wording of the lawsuit was poor at best and the judge laughed it out of court...

True or not, it is quite funny and will no doubt end up on the Pro Wrestling Urban Legend Sleaze in years to come that you recently posted

MurdnunoC

18 Jul 2014, 11:40 am #259
More funny stuff...

I hadn't seen this for awhile but I came across it the other day while randomly clicking on YouTube videos.

Booker's reaction is priceless!
MurdnunoC
18 Jul 2014, 11:40 am #259

More funny stuff...

I hadn't seen this for awhile but I came across it the other day while randomly clicking on YouTube videos.

Booker's reaction is priceless!

Malarkey

21 Jul 2014, 3:07 pm #260
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...tlers.html

To be honest I don't think John Hall who has written this Article or The Daily Mail actually understand how Storylines in Wrestling actually work, nor does he actually watch Wrestling for that matter. I also think using the Quote 'You blame Russia for the recent current events?', which is what Lana said, is taking what she said which is as we know is scripted way out of context in my opinion, and trying to relate it to MH17, it's just really bad Journalism on the part of John Hall and The Daily Mail.

What makes even worse is that they go into the Background of Lana and how she came to WWE, through here Modelling Career etc, and they also go on to Quote the Muhammad Hassan Character used back in 2005, who portrayed a Middle Eastern Muslim wrestler who would often pray in the ring and speak about prejudice against Arabs - both of which were often greeted by boos. The character came to an end when a controversial 'terrorism' storyline coincided with the 7/7 London bombings, leading television networks to pressure WWE into removing the character.

I would say The Daily Mail are trying to tie the 2 Storylines Together, and using Irrelevant Information here in an attempt to stir things up even more, which makes WWE look Bad.
Malarkey
21 Jul 2014, 3:07 pm #260

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...tlers.html

To be honest I don't think John Hall who has written this Article or The Daily Mail actually understand how Storylines in Wrestling actually work, nor does he actually watch Wrestling for that matter. I also think using the Quote 'You blame Russia for the recent current events?', which is what Lana said, is taking what she said which is as we know is scripted way out of context in my opinion, and trying to relate it to MH17, it's just really bad Journalism on the part of John Hall and The Daily Mail.

What makes even worse is that they go into the Background of Lana and how she came to WWE, through here Modelling Career etc, and they also go on to Quote the Muhammad Hassan Character used back in 2005, who portrayed a Middle Eastern Muslim wrestler who would often pray in the ring and speak about prejudice against Arabs - both of which were often greeted by boos. The character came to an end when a controversial 'terrorism' storyline coincided with the 7/7 London bombings, leading television networks to pressure WWE into removing the character.

I would say The Daily Mail are trying to tie the 2 Storylines Together, and using Irrelevant Information here in an attempt to stir things up even more, which makes WWE look Bad.

Pages (43) Previous 112 13 1443 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average