Wrestling

Wrestling

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (43) Previous 118 19 2043 Next
MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

24 Nov 2014, 10:23 am #361
Bit of a pointless post...

Was looking through the WWE photos from The Metty Dome...came across this one with my mate in

[Image: 21d752d2391682472ffa5063378d0c1e.jpg]

If Daniel Bryan, Bray Wyatt and Osama Bin Laden could all have babies together, he would be the product of it Big Grin
MrFozz
24 Nov 2014, 10:23 am #361

Bit of a pointless post...

Was looking through the WWE photos from The Metty Dome...came across this one with my mate in

[Image: 21d752d2391682472ffa5063378d0c1e.jpg]

If Daniel Bryan, Bray Wyatt and Osama Bin Laden could all have babies together, he would be the product of it Big Grin

MurdnunoC

24 Nov 2014, 11:45 am #362
Well, Sting debuted at the Survivor Series last night and I can't help but feel it was a little anticlimactic.

Despite his on-air role being on the line last night, I guess we'll be seeing HHH vs. Sting at some point.
MurdnunoC
24 Nov 2014, 11:45 am #362

Well, Sting debuted at the Survivor Series last night and I can't help but feel it was a little anticlimactic.

Despite his on-air role being on the line last night, I guess we'll be seeing HHH vs. Sting at some point.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

24 Nov 2014, 11:48 am #363
(24 Nov 2014, 11:45 am)AdamY Well, Sting debuted at the Survivor Series last night and I can't help but feel it was a little anticlimactic.

The Rumble or WM31 perhaps
MrFozz
24 Nov 2014, 11:48 am #363

(24 Nov 2014, 11:45 am)AdamY Well, Sting debuted at the Survivor Series last night and I can't help but feel it was a little anticlimactic.

The Rumble or WM31 perhaps

Malarkey

24 Nov 2014, 12:22 pm #364
Riddle me this, Riddle me that, whos afraid of the Big Black Bat, Its Showtime Wooooooooooooooooo
Malarkey
24 Nov 2014, 12:22 pm #364

Riddle me this, Riddle me that, whos afraid of the Big Black Bat, Its Showtime Wooooooooooooooooo

Malarkey

24 Nov 2014, 12:24 pm #365

Will be watching it Tonight when I get home, thanks for the Spoiler Alert, nevertheless itll be great to watch.
Malarkey
24 Nov 2014, 12:24 pm #365

Will be watching it Tonight when I get home, thanks for the Spoiler Alert, nevertheless itll be great to watch.

Adrian

25 Nov 2014, 11:05 pm #366
I'm tempted to start watching again with Sting. Loved him in WCW, especially when he spent most of 97 tormenting the nWo.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
25 Nov 2014, 11:05 pm #366

I'm tempted to start watching again with Sting. Loved him in WCW, especially when he spent most of 97 tormenting the nWo.

Malarkey

25 Nov 2014, 11:22 pm #367
(25 Nov 2014, 11:05 pm)aureolin I'm tempted to start watching again with Sting. Loved him in WCW, especially when he spent most of 97 tormenting the nWo.

Disappointed he wasnt on RAW to start Building towards a Match with Triple H.
Malarkey
25 Nov 2014, 11:22 pm #367

(25 Nov 2014, 11:05 pm)aureolin I'm tempted to start watching again with Sting. Loved him in WCW, especially when he spent most of 97 tormenting the nWo.

Disappointed he wasnt on RAW to start Building towards a Match with Triple H.

MurdnunoC

26 Nov 2014, 12:24 am #368

I take it you weren't fond of his TNA run?
MurdnunoC
26 Nov 2014, 12:24 am #368

I take it you weren't fond of his TNA run?

Malarkey

27 Nov 2014, 2:59 pm #369
After 11 Months to the exact since CM Punk walked out on WWE, CM Punk has finally spoken on his Departure from WWE with longtime friend Colt Cabana, on Cabanas Wrestling Podcast, the Interview lasts 1 Hour 45 Minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHdf1rrAFBc
Malarkey
27 Nov 2014, 2:59 pm #369

After 11 Months to the exact since CM Punk walked out on WWE, CM Punk has finally spoken on his Departure from WWE with longtime friend Colt Cabana, on Cabanas Wrestling Podcast, the Interview lasts 1 Hour 45 Minutes.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

27 Nov 2014, 3:57 pm #370
(27 Nov 2014, 2:59 pm)NEBCD Malarkey After 11 Months to the exact since CM Punk walked out on WWE, CM Punk has finally spoken on his Departure from WWE with longtime friend Colt Cabana, on Cabanas Wrestling Podcast, the Interview lasts 1 Hour 45 Minutes.

I heard somewhere Punk is in/taken a legal battle against WWE, something to do with merchandise and his likeness...I am just taking it with a pinch of salt

Though I dunno how that could happen, surely the Merch belongs to WWE
MrFozz
27 Nov 2014, 3:57 pm #370

(27 Nov 2014, 2:59 pm)NEBCD Malarkey After 11 Months to the exact since CM Punk walked out on WWE, CM Punk has finally spoken on his Departure from WWE with longtime friend Colt Cabana, on Cabanas Wrestling Podcast, the Interview lasts 1 Hour 45 Minutes.

I heard somewhere Punk is in/taken a legal battle against WWE, something to do with merchandise and his likeness...I am just taking it with a pinch of salt

Though I dunno how that could happen, surely the Merch belongs to WWE

MurdnunoC

27 Nov 2014, 5:16 pm #371
If CM Punk is owed money from merchandise then he's legally entitled to it irrespective of whether he's employed by the company or not. Around two decades ago, a court ruled in favour of Jesse "The Body" Ventura claim to royalties on merchandise featuring his likeness despite not being employed by company time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Ventura#Litigation

In 1987, while negotiating his contract as a WWF commentator, Ventura waived his rights to royalties on videotape sales when he was falsely told that only feature performers received such royalties. In 1991, having discovered that other non-feature performers received royalties, Ventura brought an action for fraud, misappropriation of publicity rights, and quantum meruit in Minnesota state court against Titan Sports. Titan removed the case to federal court, and Ventura won an $801,333 jury verdict on the last claim. The judgment was affirmed on appeal, and the case,[29] 65 F.3d 725 (8th Cir.1995), is an important result in the law of restitution. As a result, Ventura's commentary is edited out on most releases from WWE Home Video.[30]

The person, Phil Brooks, devised the character, CM Punk, long before WWE came calling. If Punk had debuted in a WWE-owned company then WWE could feasibly lay claim to the character. This is what happened with The Dudley Boys. They debuted and wrestled in ECW from 1996-99 before moving on to WWF/E. Vince McMahon bought the rights to ECW when they folded in 2001 which included television and merchandise assets dating back to 1995. Because of this, McMahon essentially owned the rights to The Dudley Boys forcing them to change to their current, Team 3D moniker when they moved onto TNA.
MurdnunoC
27 Nov 2014, 5:16 pm #371

If CM Punk is owed money from merchandise then he's legally entitled to it irrespective of whether he's employed by the company or not. Around two decades ago, a court ruled in favour of Jesse "The Body" Ventura claim to royalties on merchandise featuring his likeness despite not being employed by company time.

In 1987, while negotiating his contract as a WWF commentator, Ventura waived his rights to royalties on videotape sales when he was falsely told that only feature performers received such royalties. In 1991, having discovered that other non-feature performers received royalties, Ventura brought an action for fraud, misappropriation of publicity rights, and quantum meruit in Minnesota state court against Titan Sports. Titan removed the case to federal court, and Ventura won an $801,333 jury verdict on the last claim. The judgment was affirmed on appeal, and the case,[29] 65 F.3d 725 (8th Cir.1995), is an important result in the law of restitution. As a result, Ventura's commentary is edited out on most releases from WWE Home Video.[30]

The person, Phil Brooks, devised the character, CM Punk, long before WWE came calling. If Punk had debuted in a WWE-owned company then WWE could feasibly lay claim to the character. This is what happened with The Dudley Boys. They debuted and wrestled in ECW from 1996-99 before moving on to WWF/E. Vince McMahon bought the rights to ECW when they folded in 2001 which included television and merchandise assets dating back to 1995. Because of this, McMahon essentially owned the rights to The Dudley Boys forcing them to change to their current, Team 3D moniker when they moved onto TNA.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

27 Nov 2014, 7:02 pm #372
(27 Nov 2014, 5:16 pm)AdamY If CM Punk is owed money from merchandise then he's legally entitled to it irrespective of whether he's employed by the company or not. Around two decades ago, a court ruled in favour of Jesse "The Body" Ventura claim to royalties on merchandise featuring his likeness despite not being employed by company time.

So essentially if he actually is taking legal action, WWE would be laughed out of the courtroom...

So does the name and anything relating to it legally belong to Phil Brooks, I know sod all about business/corporate law...

Did Jim Hellwig take action against WWE in he 90's over the Ultimate Warrior name, going as far as changing his name legally to Warrior or have I imagined that lol Big Grin
MrFozz
27 Nov 2014, 7:02 pm #372

(27 Nov 2014, 5:16 pm)AdamY If CM Punk is owed money from merchandise then he's legally entitled to it irrespective of whether he's employed by the company or not. Around two decades ago, a court ruled in favour of Jesse "The Body" Ventura claim to royalties on merchandise featuring his likeness despite not being employed by company time.

So essentially if he actually is taking legal action, WWE would be laughed out of the courtroom...

So does the name and anything relating to it legally belong to Phil Brooks, I know sod all about business/corporate law...

Did Jim Hellwig take action against WWE in he 90's over the Ultimate Warrior name, going as far as changing his name legally to Warrior or have I imagined that lol Big Grin

Malarkey

27 Nov 2014, 7:17 pm #373
(27 Nov 2014, 7:02 pm)marxistafozzski So essentially if he actually is taking legal action, WWE would be laughed out of the courtroom...

A summary of the Podcast in case you didnt watch it all, I didnt as I had to go out but did listen to the first half hour, I do intend listening to the rest at somepoint.
  • He left after the Royal Rumble mainly because of his health. He talked about working with broken ribs, a concussion and bad knees during his last months with the company. Punk was so sick during last November's European tour that he was throwing up and dry heaving every night after his matches. He had a fever for months and no appetite. WWE doctors gave him so many antibiotics that he had an accident in the ring on SmackDown, all while watching his paychecks shrink. He said it was the worst he's ever felt in his life.

• He suffered a concussion early during the Royal Rumble match but still worked. He passed a concussion test the next day and called the testing "bullshit." WWE informed he passed but wanted him to run the ring ropes and evaluate him. Punk then demanded that they just decide he has a concussion and admitted that he had been trying to deny he was hurt and just tough it out.

• Punk says that same day he was being pressured about taking a drug test and signing visas for future tours instead of listening to his requests for help because something was obviously wrong. Punk then told Vince McMahon and Triple H that he was going home. Punk says he told off Triple H about cutting off his momentum in 2011 and complained to Vince for stifling Punk's creativity. He says he told them both it was garbage how Daniel Bryan wasn't being considered for the WrestleMania XXX main event. Punk says he told them he didn't want to do this anymore and was done. Vince was in tears when he hugged Punk goodbye and told him he was family.

• However, Punk was actually fired from WWE. After he left in January, he was told a few weeks later by Vince McMahon through text message that he was being suspended for two months. This was the day before Vince told WWE shareholders that Punk had taken a sabbatical. Punk heard from no one in WWE once the suspension was over and received termination papers for breach of contract on his wedding day in June.

• Punk says he hired a very vicious lawyer to go after WWE and fight their claim of breach of contract. In the end, he got a settlement that gave him everything he asked for and more. Punk's not allowed to talk about the settlement. He said they are done and will never have a working relationship again. Punk says WWE wanted to issue a joint statement with him but he told them to "fuck off." WWE was worried he would go to TNA but Punk's lawyer told WWE that he despises wrestling now and will never wrestle again.

• He said wrestling Ryback took "20 years off his life" and described Ryback as "steroid guy."

Malarkey
27 Nov 2014, 7:17 pm #373

(27 Nov 2014, 7:02 pm)marxistafozzski So essentially if he actually is taking legal action, WWE would be laughed out of the courtroom...

A summary of the Podcast in case you didnt watch it all, I didnt as I had to go out but did listen to the first half hour, I do intend listening to the rest at somepoint.
  • He left after the Royal Rumble mainly because of his health. He talked about working with broken ribs, a concussion and bad knees during his last months with the company. Punk was so sick during last November's European tour that he was throwing up and dry heaving every night after his matches. He had a fever for months and no appetite. WWE doctors gave him so many antibiotics that he had an accident in the ring on SmackDown, all while watching his paychecks shrink. He said it was the worst he's ever felt in his life.

• He suffered a concussion early during the Royal Rumble match but still worked. He passed a concussion test the next day and called the testing "bullshit." WWE informed he passed but wanted him to run the ring ropes and evaluate him. Punk then demanded that they just decide he has a concussion and admitted that he had been trying to deny he was hurt and just tough it out.

• Punk says that same day he was being pressured about taking a drug test and signing visas for future tours instead of listening to his requests for help because something was obviously wrong. Punk then told Vince McMahon and Triple H that he was going home. Punk says he told off Triple H about cutting off his momentum in 2011 and complained to Vince for stifling Punk's creativity. He says he told them both it was garbage how Daniel Bryan wasn't being considered for the WrestleMania XXX main event. Punk says he told them he didn't want to do this anymore and was done. Vince was in tears when he hugged Punk goodbye and told him he was family.

• However, Punk was actually fired from WWE. After he left in January, he was told a few weeks later by Vince McMahon through text message that he was being suspended for two months. This was the day before Vince told WWE shareholders that Punk had taken a sabbatical. Punk heard from no one in WWE once the suspension was over and received termination papers for breach of contract on his wedding day in June.

• Punk says he hired a very vicious lawyer to go after WWE and fight their claim of breach of contract. In the end, he got a settlement that gave him everything he asked for and more. Punk's not allowed to talk about the settlement. He said they are done and will never have a working relationship again. Punk says WWE wanted to issue a joint statement with him but he told them to "fuck off." WWE was worried he would go to TNA but Punk's lawyer told WWE that he despises wrestling now and will never wrestle again.

• He said wrestling Ryback took "20 years off his life" and described Ryback as "steroid guy."

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

27 Nov 2014, 9:11 pm #374
(27 Nov 2014, 7:17 pm)NEBCD Malarkey A summary of the Podcast in case you didnt watch it all, I didnt as I had to go out but did listen to the first half hour, I do intend listening to the rest at somepoint.

Will have a listen soon
MrFozz
27 Nov 2014, 9:11 pm #374

(27 Nov 2014, 7:17 pm)NEBCD Malarkey A summary of the Podcast in case you didnt watch it all, I didnt as I had to go out but did listen to the first half hour, I do intend listening to the rest at somepoint.

Will have a listen soon

Malarkey

27 Nov 2014, 9:47 pm #375
(27 Nov 2014, 9:11 pm)marxistafozzski Will have a listen soon

Its well worth listening to.
Malarkey
27 Nov 2014, 9:47 pm #375

(27 Nov 2014, 9:11 pm)marxistafozzski Will have a listen soon

Its well worth listening to.

Malarkey

27 Nov 2014, 10:18 pm #376
(27 Nov 2014, 9:47 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Its well worth listening to.

There is a Part 2 Next Week with Punk, where he will Answer people Questions and Emails etc, but nevertheless this is a great listen and personally I would love to here WWEs side of this Story.
Malarkey
27 Nov 2014, 10:18 pm #376

(27 Nov 2014, 9:47 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Its well worth listening to.

There is a Part 2 Next Week with Punk, where he will Answer people Questions and Emails etc, but nevertheless this is a great listen and personally I would love to here WWEs side of this Story.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

27 Nov 2014, 10:56 pm #377
(27 Nov 2014, 10:18 pm)NEBCD Malarkey There is a Part 2 Next Week with Punk, where he will Answer people Questions and Emails etc, but nevertheless this is a great listen and personally I would love to here WWEs side of this Story.
Yep, there is always 2 sides to nearly every story, I would hope WWE did not bury him in a similar way to the Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior DVD
MrFozz
27 Nov 2014, 10:56 pm #377

(27 Nov 2014, 10:18 pm)NEBCD Malarkey There is a Part 2 Next Week with Punk, where he will Answer people Questions and Emails etc, but nevertheless this is a great listen and personally I would love to here WWEs side of this Story.
Yep, there is always 2 sides to nearly every story, I would hope WWE did not bury him in a similar way to the Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior DVD

MurdnunoC

27 Nov 2014, 11:11 pm #378
(27 Nov 2014, 10:56 pm)marxistafozzski Yep, there is always 2 sides to nearly every story, I would hope WWE did not bury him in a similar way to the Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior DVD

He's reportedly pissed WWE off to the extent where he's pretty much receiving the 'Benoit Treatment' at the moment.

I don't think WWE will signing his praises anytime soon.  
MurdnunoC
27 Nov 2014, 11:11 pm #378

(27 Nov 2014, 10:56 pm)marxistafozzski Yep, there is always 2 sides to nearly every story, I would hope WWE did not bury him in a similar way to the Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior DVD

He's reportedly pissed WWE off to the extent where he's pretty much receiving the 'Benoit Treatment' at the moment.

I don't think WWE will signing his praises anytime soon.  

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

28 Nov 2014, 9:37 am #379
Going to see WWE next April at the Metty Dome Big Grin
MrFozz
28 Nov 2014, 9:37 am #379

Going to see WWE next April at the Metty Dome Big Grin

Adrian

28 Nov 2014, 10:10 am #380
(28 Nov 2014, 9:37 am)marxistafozzski Going to see WWE next April at the Metty Dome Big Grin
Have you done a TV taping of raw before?

Adrian
28 Nov 2014, 10:10 am #380

(28 Nov 2014, 9:37 am)marxistafozzski Going to see WWE next April at the Metty Dome Big Grin
Have you done a TV taping of raw before?

Pages (43) Previous 118 19 2043 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average