North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Wrestling

Wrestling

Wrestling

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (43) Previous 120 21 2243 Next
MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

08 Dec 2014, 9:57 pm #401
(08 Dec 2014, 9:30 pm)NEBCD Malarkey http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/...l-Get-You/
The topic of Chris Benoit will always be a sensitive one...

I can see why WWE would distance themselves from him and pretty much erase him from history, but stopping people creating him on a computer game is a bit harsh...
MrFozz
08 Dec 2014, 9:57 pm #401

(08 Dec 2014, 9:30 pm)NEBCD Malarkey http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/...l-Get-You/
The topic of Chris Benoit will always be a sensitive one...

I can see why WWE would distance themselves from him and pretty much erase him from history, but stopping people creating him on a computer game is a bit harsh...

Malarkey

08 Dec 2014, 10:09 pm #402
(08 Dec 2014, 9:57 pm)marxistafozzski The topic of Chris Benoit will always be a sensitive one...

I remember getting off the Train in Glasgow and walking under the Big TV Screen and seeing it on SKY News, Honestly I couldnt believe it, Benoit for me was a fantastic Wrestler and I think it is wrong that WWE should erase him from there History Books because of what he did to his Family, I think he should at least be remembered for what he accomplished whilst he was in WWE and Wrestling as a whole.
Malarkey
08 Dec 2014, 10:09 pm #402

(08 Dec 2014, 9:57 pm)marxistafozzski The topic of Chris Benoit will always be a sensitive one...

I remember getting off the Train in Glasgow and walking under the Big TV Screen and seeing it on SKY News, Honestly I couldnt believe it, Benoit for me was a fantastic Wrestler and I think it is wrong that WWE should erase him from there History Books because of what he did to his Family, I think he should at least be remembered for what he accomplished whilst he was in WWE and Wrestling as a whole.

MurdnunoC

08 Dec 2014, 10:10 pm #403
Plus, despite the best efforts of WWE to erase him from memory, Benoit had his Wrestlemania moment when he won the WHC in the main event of WMXX beating 'Aitch and Shawn Michaels. The show closed with Benoit and Guererro in the ring celebrating their respective title victories. It was a memorable sight which is arguably still remembered fondly by some wrestling fans.
MurdnunoC
08 Dec 2014, 10:10 pm #403

Plus, despite the best efforts of WWE to erase him from memory, Benoit had his Wrestlemania moment when he won the WHC in the main event of WMXX beating 'Aitch and Shawn Michaels. The show closed with Benoit and Guererro in the ring celebrating their respective title victories. It was a memorable sight which is arguably still remembered fondly by some wrestling fans.

MurdnunoC

08 Dec 2014, 10:13 pm #404
(08 Dec 2014, 10:09 pm)NEBCD Malarkey I remember getting off the Train in Glasgow and walking under the Big TV Screen and seeing it on SKY News, Honestly I couldnt believe it, Benoit for me was a fantastic Wrestler and I think it is wrong that WWE should erase him from there History Books because of what he did to his Family, I think he should at least be remembered for what he accomplished whilst he was in WWE and Wrestling as a whole.

I agree. 

I was at work when the news broke of Chris Benoit's 'suicide' - and then the grim truth of the story was revealed a few hours later!
MurdnunoC
08 Dec 2014, 10:13 pm #404

(08 Dec 2014, 10:09 pm)NEBCD Malarkey I remember getting off the Train in Glasgow and walking under the Big TV Screen and seeing it on SKY News, Honestly I couldnt believe it, Benoit for me was a fantastic Wrestler and I think it is wrong that WWE should erase him from there History Books because of what he did to his Family, I think he should at least be remembered for what he accomplished whilst he was in WWE and Wrestling as a whole.

I agree. 

I was at work when the news broke of Chris Benoit's 'suicide' - and then the grim truth of the story was revealed a few hours later!

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

08 Dec 2014, 10:29 pm #405
(08 Dec 2014, 10:10 pm)AdamY Plus, despite the best efforts of WWE to erase him from memory, Benoit had his Wrestlemania moment when he won the WHC in the main event of WMXX beating 'Aitch and Shawn Michaels. The show closed with Benoit and Guererro in the ring celebrating their respective title victories. It was a memorable sight which is arguably still remembered fondly by some wrestling fans.

(08 Dec 2014, 10:10 pm)AdamY Plus, despite the best efforts of WWE to erase him from memory, Benoit had his Wrestlemania moment when he won the WHC in the main event of WMXX beating 'Aitch and Shawn Michaels. The show closed with Benoit and Guererro in the ring celebrating their respective title victories. It was a memorable sight which is arguably still remembered fondly by some wrestling fans.

I remember it well mate...Eddie would be dead before the end of that year...
(08 Dec 2014, 10:13 pm)AdamY I agree. 

I found out when I turned in Raw and the announcement of it being a memorial for Benoit, the rumours of the double murder-suicide started doing the rounds online before Raw finished...

To this day, I say the death of Eddie is what tipped Benoit over the edge, I seem to remember a lot of deaths among his friends around that period and I still say Benoit was so mentally fucked up that he did not know what he was doing...If I remember correctly, there were reports going round that he was dead man walking anyway, his heart was ready to give up at anytime and his brain was compared to that of an old person with advanced dementia.

I dont really have an opinion on WWE airbrushing him from history, they can do what they please in my opinion, they cannot really deny his place in history as he was probably one of the most technically gifted performers of his generation.

I personally despise Chris Benoit the man, but will always like what he gave in the ring, he give everything for the fans and was worth every penny imo...

What do people think of the Kevin Sullivan conspiracy that has been going around since Benoit and his families death???
MrFozz
08 Dec 2014, 10:29 pm #405

I remember it well mate...Eddie would be dead before the end of that year...
(08 Dec 2014, 10:13 pm)AdamY I agree. 

I found out when I turned in Raw and the announcement of it being a memorial for Benoit, the rumours of the double murder-suicide started doing the rounds online before Raw finished...

To this day, I say the death of Eddie is what tipped Benoit over the edge, I seem to remember a lot of deaths among his friends around that period and I still say Benoit was so mentally fucked up that he did not know what he was doing...If I remember correctly, there were reports going round that he was dead man walking anyway, his heart was ready to give up at anytime and his brain was compared to that of an old person with advanced dementia.

I dont really have an opinion on WWE airbrushing him from history, they can do what they please in my opinion, they cannot really deny his place in history as he was probably one of the most technically gifted performers of his generation.

I personally despise Chris Benoit the man, but will always like what he gave in the ring, he give everything for the fans and was worth every penny imo...

What do people think of the Kevin Sullivan conspiracy that has been going around since Benoit and his families death???

MurdnunoC

08 Dec 2014, 10:37 pm #406
Well, Sullivan essentially booked his own divorce in WCW when he paired up his wife with Benoit. So anything he says regarding Benoit and Nancy I'd take with a pinch of salt.
MurdnunoC
08 Dec 2014, 10:37 pm #406

Well, Sullivan essentially booked his own divorce in WCW when he paired up his wife with Benoit. So anything he says regarding Benoit and Nancy I'd take with a pinch of salt.

Malarkey

08 Dec 2014, 10:43 pm #407
Benoit/EG Pre-Match Segment before there Matches at WMXX
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KHQTdPCf4k

Cant even find the Benoit/HHH/HBK Match in full other than Highlights on Youtube which is a Great Shame as WWE have more than likely had it Removed, to be honest there isnt much Chris Benoit (Match Wise) just Backstage Segments and Death Conspiracy Videos.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_q...ris+benoit&page=1
Malarkey
08 Dec 2014, 10:43 pm #407

Benoit/EG Pre-Match Segment before there Matches at WMXX

Cant even find the Benoit/HHH/HBK Match in full other than Highlights on Youtube which is a Great Shame as WWE have more than likely had it Removed, to be honest there isnt much Chris Benoit (Match Wise) just Backstage Segments and Death Conspiracy Videos.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

08 Dec 2014, 10:45 pm #408
(08 Dec 2014, 10:37 pm)AdamY Well, Sullivan essentially booked his own divorce in WCW when he paired up his wife with Benoit. So anything he says regarding Benoit and Nancy I'd take with a pinch of salt.
I never used to watch dubya-see-dubya, so dont know a great deal of what went on. But can remember right from the moment murder-suicide was known to be the cause, people started saying it was Sullivan, getting his own back...I just dont understand how Sullivan could have done it, surely if he had there would be evidence left behind, and if Sullivan was there, surely Benoit would not go down without a fight and surely there would be signs of self defense...I just think the sad truth is Benoit did it, he may have been mentally impaired, but all the facts point to that
MrFozz
08 Dec 2014, 10:45 pm #408

(08 Dec 2014, 10:37 pm)AdamY Well, Sullivan essentially booked his own divorce in WCW when he paired up his wife with Benoit. So anything he says regarding Benoit and Nancy I'd take with a pinch of salt.
I never used to watch dubya-see-dubya, so dont know a great deal of what went on. But can remember right from the moment murder-suicide was known to be the cause, people started saying it was Sullivan, getting his own back...I just dont understand how Sullivan could have done it, surely if he had there would be evidence left behind, and if Sullivan was there, surely Benoit would not go down without a fight and surely there would be signs of self defense...I just think the sad truth is Benoit did it, he may have been mentally impaired, but all the facts point to that

MurdnunoC

08 Dec 2014, 10:50 pm #409
(08 Dec 2014, 10:43 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Benoit/EG Pre-Match Segment before there Matches at WMXX

Here you go!

MurdnunoC
08 Dec 2014, 10:50 pm #409

(08 Dec 2014, 10:43 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Benoit/EG Pre-Match Segment before there Matches at WMXX

Here you go!

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

08 Dec 2014, 10:58 pm #410
(08 Dec 2014, 10:50 pm)AdamY Here you go!

Thanks for posting that Adam...

One of my favourite matches at Wrestlemania...

Seeing him and Eddie embracing still brings a lump to me old throat
MrFozz
08 Dec 2014, 10:58 pm #410

(08 Dec 2014, 10:50 pm)AdamY Here you go!

Thanks for posting that Adam...

One of my favourite matches at Wrestlemania...

Seeing him and Eddie embracing still brings a lump to me old throat

Malarkey

09 Dec 2014, 1:46 pm #411
Just purchased the WWE Attitude Era Volume 2 DVD for £22.99 out of HMV, Shame I cant watch it for another 16 Days though.
Malarkey
09 Dec 2014, 1:46 pm #411

Just purchased the WWE Attitude Era Volume 2 DVD for £22.99 out of HMV, Shame I cant watch it for another 16 Days though.

Adrian

09 Dec 2014, 4:27 pm #412
(09 Dec 2014, 1:46 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Just purchased the WWE Attitude Era Volume 2 DVD for £22.99 out of HMV, Shame I cant watch it for another 16 Days though.

Looks like there's some quality matches on there.

I'd noticed that there's now a Best of WCW Nitro vol.2 out, so I may have to purchase that. 

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
09 Dec 2014, 4:27 pm #412

(09 Dec 2014, 1:46 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Just purchased the WWE Attitude Era Volume 2 DVD for £22.99 out of HMV, Shame I cant watch it for another 16 Days though.

Looks like there's some quality matches on there.

I'd noticed that there's now a Best of WCW Nitro vol.2 out, so I may have to purchase that. 

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Malarkey

09 Dec 2014, 7:33 pm #413
(09 Dec 2014, 4:27 pm)aureolin Looks like there's some quality matches on there.

No Idea what Matches are on it, Just thought id buy it as I have Volume 1 and the fact I enjoyed watching it, Wouldnt mind the Paul Heyman or Sting DVD though, CEX often have the Boxsets on the Cheap as well, Mainly Wrestlemanias from years gone by, so I may have a look in there as well, as wouldnt mind a few more Wrestling DVDs.

I would also recommend looking Online at http://www.wwedvd.co.uk/ , They currently have a 12% off Sale on atm between December 6th and 19th.
Malarkey
09 Dec 2014, 7:33 pm #413

(09 Dec 2014, 4:27 pm)aureolin Looks like there's some quality matches on there.

No Idea what Matches are on it, Just thought id buy it as I have Volume 1 and the fact I enjoyed watching it, Wouldnt mind the Paul Heyman or Sting DVD though, CEX often have the Boxsets on the Cheap as well, Mainly Wrestlemanias from years gone by, so I may have a look in there as well, as wouldnt mind a few more Wrestling DVDs.

I would also recommend looking Online at http://www.wwedvd.co.uk/ , They currently have a 12% off Sale on atm between December 6th and 19th.

MurdnunoC

12 Dec 2014, 11:41 pm #414
Finn Balor's amazing entrance from WWE's NXT Takeover: Revolution which took place on Thursday night.

He did this in New Japan and on the indies for a while. Nice to see WWE take advantage of a crowd-popping spectacle.
MurdnunoC
12 Dec 2014, 11:41 pm #414

Finn Balor's amazing entrance from WWE's NXT Takeover: Revolution which took place on Thursday night.

He did this in New Japan and on the indies for a while. Nice to see WWE take advantage of a crowd-popping spectacle.

MurdnunoC

29 Dec 2014, 3:10 pm #415
Has anyone watched Lucha Underground?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucha_Underground

I've just watched the first episode and it's interesting to say the least. The executive director of the show is Robert Rodriguez who directed films like Dusk to Dawn, Desperado, Sin City and Machete. It's stylistically different to any other wrestling product I've watched as storylines are shot like actual television productions as opposed to usual 'backstage' segments.  

The commentary team consists of Matt Striker (ex-WWE) and Vampiro (some of you might remember his late 90's WCW run); and the main event of the first show was Johnny Mundo (formerly John(ny) Morrison/Nitro) versus Prince Puma (Ricochet).

Well worth a watch.

MurdnunoC
29 Dec 2014, 3:10 pm #415

Has anyone watched Lucha Underground?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucha_Underground

I've just watched the first episode and it's interesting to say the least. The executive director of the show is Robert Rodriguez who directed films like Dusk to Dawn, Desperado, Sin City and Machete. It's stylistically different to any other wrestling product I've watched as storylines are shot like actual television productions as opposed to usual 'backstage' segments.  

The commentary team consists of Matt Striker (ex-WWE) and Vampiro (some of you might remember his late 90's WCW run); and the main event of the first show was Johnny Mundo (formerly John(ny) Morrison/Nitro) versus Prince Puma (Ricochet).

Well worth a watch.

MurdnunoC

11 Jan 2015, 5:11 pm #416
(06 Dec 2014, 4:49 pm)MurdnunoC Jim Ross has signed up to do commentary on Jeff Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling presentation of New Japan's annual Tokyo Dome show on Jan 5th 2015.

http://www.puroresufan.com/njpw/page/2/

It will be interesting to see how Ross handles his commentary duties on this show. While he's widely regarded as being the best play-by-play announcer in wrestling, most of his work came under the WWE banner. People who have performed commentary for WWE in the past (e.g. Mick Foley) have complained about Vince McMahon's input while attempting to call matches. Now that he's free from restriction, he should be able to call the match as he sees fit.

(06 Dec 2014, 6:59 pm)MrFozz Jim Ross is probably the finest play-by-play announcer in the history of pro wrestling, up there with Gordon Solie...

JR's craic on the mic is second to none, some of the things he came out with was great

Slobberknocker
He's running like a scalded dog
He is whipping him like a government mule
STUNNER, STUNNER, STONE COLD STUNNER

Did JR come up with 'stomping a mudhole and walk it dry'

Would be weird hearing JR commentate for another company...

Still curious to hear Jim Ross doing commentary on another wrestling product?

Well, here he is doing commentary on the English Language version of New Japan's Wrestle Kingdom 9 from the Tokyo Dome. 

The match in question is an early Match of the Year candidate. Reportedly, both Kota Ibushi and Shinsuke Nakamura have been approached by WWE in the past. WWE are apparently very high on Ibushi in particular.

Enjoy.

MurdnunoC
11 Jan 2015, 5:11 pm #416

(06 Dec 2014, 4:49 pm)MurdnunoC Jim Ross has signed up to do commentary on Jeff Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling presentation of New Japan's annual Tokyo Dome show on Jan 5th 2015.

http://www.puroresufan.com/njpw/page/2/

It will be interesting to see how Ross handles his commentary duties on this show. While he's widely regarded as being the best play-by-play announcer in wrestling, most of his work came under the WWE banner. People who have performed commentary for WWE in the past (e.g. Mick Foley) have complained about Vince McMahon's input while attempting to call matches. Now that he's free from restriction, he should be able to call the match as he sees fit.

(06 Dec 2014, 6:59 pm)MrFozz Jim Ross is probably the finest play-by-play announcer in the history of pro wrestling, up there with Gordon Solie...

JR's craic on the mic is second to none, some of the things he came out with was great

Slobberknocker
He's running like a scalded dog
He is whipping him like a government mule
STUNNER, STUNNER, STONE COLD STUNNER

Did JR come up with 'stomping a mudhole and walk it dry'

Would be weird hearing JR commentate for another company...

Still curious to hear Jim Ross doing commentary on another wrestling product?

Well, here he is doing commentary on the English Language version of New Japan's Wrestle Kingdom 9 from the Tokyo Dome. 

The match in question is an early Match of the Year candidate. Reportedly, both Kota Ibushi and Shinsuke Nakamura have been approached by WWE in the past. WWE are apparently very high on Ibushi in particular.

Enjoy.

Malarkey

13 Jan 2015, 3:33 am #417
Ooooooo Yeeeeaaahhhh Macho Man Randy Savage to be finally inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame, Just been announced on RAW and was reportedly reported by TMZ on Monday Morning also, He will be Inducted by Hulk Hogan.
Edited 13 Jan 2015, 2:06 pm by Malarkey.
Malarkey
13 Jan 2015, 3:33 am #417

Ooooooo Yeeeeaaahhhh Macho Man Randy Savage to be finally inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame, Just been announced on RAW and was reportedly reported by TMZ on Monday Morning also, He will be Inducted by Hulk Hogan.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

13 Jan 2015, 10:38 am #418
(13 Jan 2015, 3:33 am)Malarkey Ooooooo Yeeeeaaahhhh Macho Man Randy Savage to be finally inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame, Just been announced on RAW and was reportedly reported by TMZ on Monday Morning also.

He will be Inducted by Hulk Hogan.
That news is so good, you had to post it twice (once in quote tags) ...

Wonder how its come about now, I always thought it would be a cold day in hell before Vince let Macho Man into the Hall

(13 Jan 2015, 3:33 am)Malarkey Ooooooo Yeeeeaaahhhh Macho Man Randy Savage to be finally inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame, Just been announced on RAW and was reportedly reported by TMZ on Monday Morning also.

Wonder how its come about now, I always thought it would be a cold day in hell before Vince let Macho Man into the Hall
Edited 13 Jan 2015, 10:38 am by MrFozz.
MrFozz
13 Jan 2015, 10:38 am #418

Malarkey

13 Jan 2015, 1:34 pm #419
(13 Jan 2015, 10:38 am)MrFozz That news is so good, you had to post it twice (once in quote tags) ...

No idea why it has posted twice for.
Malarkey
13 Jan 2015, 1:34 pm #419

(13 Jan 2015, 10:38 am)MrFozz That news is so good, you had to post it twice (once in quote tags) ...

No idea why it has posted twice for.

MurdnunoC

13 Jan 2015, 1:42 pm #420

He was always going to get in eventually. Before his death, he was in talks about coming back in some capacity - he even appeared in a commercial promoting the video game 'WWE All Stars'. As for why he's being inducted now, well, the WWE HOF has promoted either themes or tailored the event around a particular star in recent years. Last year, the Ultimate Warrior was the big star; this year it's Savage. No point in putting them both together when there's money to be made by highlighting both in separate events?

Although I get why he's being inducted by Hulk Hogan, I'd rather see him inducted by his brother (and former WWE Superstar', 'The Genius' Lanny Poffo. 
Edited 13 Jan 2015, 1:46 pm by MurdnunoC.
MurdnunoC
13 Jan 2015, 1:42 pm #420

He was always going to get in eventually. Before his death, he was in talks about coming back in some capacity - he even appeared in a commercial promoting the video game 'WWE All Stars'. As for why he's being inducted now, well, the WWE HOF has promoted either themes or tailored the event around a particular star in recent years. Last year, the Ultimate Warrior was the big star; this year it's Savage. No point in putting them both together when there's money to be made by highlighting both in separate events?

Although I get why he's being inducted by Hulk Hogan, I'd rather see him inducted by his brother (and former WWE Superstar', 'The Genius' Lanny Poffo. 

Pages (43) Previous 120 21 2243 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average