Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Sunderland Uni

Sunderland Uni

Sunderland Uni

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Michael

03 Sep 2013, 10:37 am #1
I have a interview with Sunderland Uni tomorrow doing Foundation Degree in Education and Care - really nervous.

Has anyone else here being or at Uni?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
03 Sep 2013, 10:37 am #1

I have a interview with Sunderland Uni tomorrow doing Foundation Degree in Education and Care - really nervous.

Has anyone else here being or at Uni?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

03 Sep 2013, 11:05 am #2
I had a conditional offer from Ulster University in Belfast, but i never took the offer in the end...

Just be yourself in your interview and am sure you'll be fine mate...

let us know how u get on
MrFozz
03 Sep 2013, 11:05 am #2

I had a conditional offer from Ulster University in Belfast, but i never took the offer in the end...

let us know how u get on

Michael

03 Sep 2013, 11:08 am #3
(03 Sep 2013, 11:05 am)fozzovmurton I had a conditional offer from Ulster University in Belfast, but i never took the offer in the end...

let us know how u get on

Cheers, iv'e being to a few interviews but iv'e never being to something like this, i have no idea what they will make me do or say.. since its Childcare/teaching.. anything could come up.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
03 Sep 2013, 11:08 am #3

(03 Sep 2013, 11:05 am)fozzovmurton I had a conditional offer from Ulster University in Belfast, but i never took the offer in the end...

let us know how u get on

Cheers, iv'e being to a few interviews but iv'e never being to something like this, i have no idea what they will make me do or say.. since its Childcare/teaching.. anything could come up.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

03 Sep 2013, 11:43 am #4
They'll possibly asking questions about experience, ambitions and possibly through in scenarios and 'what if' questions.

As Fozz mentioned previously, just be yourself and show how passionate you are for the subject (without going over the top haha).

I would suggest you research follow on courses/careers, so that your path is planned out and you can explain what you would be looking to do on successful completion of the course.

If they can fill the course with passionate people, planning to work in the sector and move on to additional courses with the uni, they will do that - rather than fill the class with professional course takers Wink
Andreos1
03 Sep 2013, 11:43 am #4

They'll possibly asking questions about experience, ambitions and possibly through in scenarios and 'what if' questions.

As Fozz mentioned previously, just be yourself and show how passionate you are for the subject (without going over the top haha).

I would suggest you research follow on courses/careers, so that your path is planned out and you can explain what you would be looking to do on successful completion of the course.

If they can fill the course with passionate people, planning to work in the sector and move on to additional courses with the uni, they will do that - rather than fill the class with professional course takers Wink

MurdnunoC

03 Sep 2013, 11:46 am #5
Yeah, just be yourself and try not be nervous.

As long you're enthusiastic and can hold a basic conversation which demonstrates some knowledge (or interest) about whichever subject you've chosen to study, you should sail through easily.
MurdnunoC
03 Sep 2013, 11:46 am #5

Yeah, just be yourself and try not be nervous.

As long you're enthusiastic and can hold a basic conversation which demonstrates some knowledge (or interest) about whichever subject you've chosen to study, you should sail through easily.

Michael

03 Sep 2013, 11:48 am #6
Cheers, is 22 to old to go to Uni? haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
03 Sep 2013, 11:48 am #6

Cheers, is 22 to old to go to Uni? haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

BJ10VUS

03 Sep 2013, 11:49 am #7
They might ask you a question to try and catch you out. For example, why have you chosen Sunderland University over Newcastle University? As long as you're confident and keep eye contact ( without it becoming staring Tongue), you should do fine!

Good luck and of course 22 isn't too old for University! Smile
Edited 03 Sep 2013, 11:50 am by BJ10VUS.
BJ10VUS
03 Sep 2013, 11:49 am #7

They might ask you a question to try and catch you out. For example, why have you chosen Sunderland University over Newcastle University? As long as you're confident and keep eye contact ( without it becoming staring Tongue), you should do fine!

Michael

03 Sep 2013, 11:53 am #8
(03 Sep 2013, 11:49 am)BJ10VUS They might ask you a question to try and catch you out. For example, why have you chosen Sunderland University over Newcastle University? As long as you're confident and keep eye contact ( without it becoming staring Tongue), you should do fine!

Well Sam (god knows the interviewers name) because its closer haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
03 Sep 2013, 11:53 am #8

(03 Sep 2013, 11:49 am)BJ10VUS They might ask you a question to try and catch you out. For example, why have you chosen Sunderland University over Newcastle University? As long as you're confident and keep eye contact ( without it becoming staring Tongue), you should do fine!

Well Sam (god knows the interviewers name) because its closer haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average