Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Gaming

Gaming

Gaming

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pages (2) 1 2 Next
Malarkey

15 Sep 2013, 10:39 pm #1
As well as my passion for Buses and Football, I love playing Video Games on my Xbox 360 which I have had 2 over the course of 6 Years due to my first one Breaking beyond repair.

I have played over 100 Games since I first got an Xbox, and my Gamerscore is just over 25,000 which isn't too bad. I personally love playing Fifa/Racing Games and of course Call of Duty and various other War Games.

I'm not a fan of Assasins Creed - Halo - Gears of War and other games like similar to that, otherwise I'll play anything

Having mentioned Games I love to play I have missed one out which is Grand Theft Auto, My all time Favourite Game from when it first came out on Playstation 1. But out of the whole lot so far GTA 3 and San Andreas have been my Favourite, Although GTA 4 wasn't far behind.

But this Tuesday GTA 5 comes out, in which I am positive is going to be the Greatest Game ever made, And I for one can't wait to play it. As i'm sure are many others across the world.

So the Question is what are Favourite Games etc.
Malarkey
15 Sep 2013, 10:39 pm #1

As well as my passion for Buses and Football, I love playing Video Games on my Xbox 360 which I have had 2 over the course of 6 Years due to my first one Breaking beyond repair.

I have played over 100 Games since I first got an Xbox, and my Gamerscore is just over 25,000 which isn't too bad. I personally love playing Fifa/Racing Games and of course Call of Duty and various other War Games.

I'm not a fan of Assasins Creed - Halo - Gears of War and other games like similar to that, otherwise I'll play anything

Having mentioned Games I love to play I have missed one out which is Grand Theft Auto, My all time Favourite Game from when it first came out on Playstation 1. But out of the whole lot so far GTA 3 and San Andreas have been my Favourite, Although GTA 4 wasn't far behind.

But this Tuesday GTA 5 comes out, in which I am positive is going to be the Greatest Game ever made, And I for one can't wait to play it. As i'm sure are many others across the world.

Andreos1

16 Sep 2013, 6:19 am #2
(15 Sep 2013, 10:39 pm)Adam Malarkey As well as my passion for Buses and Football, I love playing Video Games on my Xbox 360 which I have had 2 over the course of 6 Years due to my first one Breaking beyond repair.

As much as I enjoy playing on my xbox, I don't always rate the games.
Maybe it is an age thing, but I'm not bothered about a story which runs through the game.
The graphics are a bonus too as is the ability to play online.

However, sometimes it seems the playability and duration of these games are second to the things mentioned above.

Thinking about my favourites, of Championship/Football Manager, Sensible Soccer, Command & Conquer Red Alert or Cannonfodder, the graphics are shocking.
However the game play was fantastic.

I haven't got a Call of Duty for a few years now, having not even bothered finishing the last one I bought.
Andreos1
16 Sep 2013, 6:19 am #2

(15 Sep 2013, 10:39 pm)Adam Malarkey As well as my passion for Buses and Football, I love playing Video Games on my Xbox 360 which I have had 2 over the course of 6 Years due to my first one Breaking beyond repair.

As much as I enjoy playing on my xbox, I don't always rate the games.
Maybe it is an age thing, but I'm not bothered about a story which runs through the game.
The graphics are a bonus too as is the ability to play online.

However, sometimes it seems the playability and duration of these games are second to the things mentioned above.

Thinking about my favourites, of Championship/Football Manager, Sensible Soccer, Command & Conquer Red Alert or Cannonfodder, the graphics are shocking.
However the game play was fantastic.

I haven't got a Call of Duty for a few years now, having not even bothered finishing the last one I bought.

Michael

16 Sep 2013, 6:38 am #3
Im a PC gamer....Most of my games was downloaded on Steam...

Half life
Half Life 2
Half Life Episode 1
Half Life Episode 2
Counter Strike
Counter Strike - Global Offensive
Left 4 Dead 1
Left 4 Dead 2
Battlefield 2
Battlefield 3
More likely to get Battlefield 4 when it comes out
I have all the GTA on PC
Portal
Team Fortress
Crysis 1
Crysis 2
Garry's Mod

World of Warcraft.... haha, people say its a nerds game... its not really, i enjoy playing it - doing dungeons and owning in raids with my guild and RL friends.

Im the same it got boring and the same after Modern warfare =(
Edited 16 Sep 2013, 6:38 am by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 Sep 2013, 6:38 am #3

Im a PC gamer....Most of my games was downloaded on Steam...

Half life
Half Life 2
Half Life Episode 1
Half Life Episode 2
Counter Strike
Left 4 Dead 1
Left 4 Dead 2
Battlefield 2
Battlefield 3
I have all the GTA on PC
Portal
Team Fortress
Crysis 1
Crysis 2
Garry's Mod

World of Warcraft.... haha, people say its a nerds game... its not really, i enjoy playing it - doing dungeons and owning in raids with my guild and RL friends.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Tom

16 Sep 2013, 6:40 am #4
GTA5 looks amazing! I'll be getting that for my XBOX.
Tom
16 Sep 2013, 6:40 am #4

GTA5 looks amazing! I'll be getting that for my XBOX.

Michael

16 Sep 2013, 6:42 am #5
Anyone here getting the new PS4?

Im gonna get it a few weeks after launch - don't want it to be bugged and clogged when it comes out

The PS4 looks amazing, can't wait =D

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 Sep 2013, 6:42 am #5

Anyone here getting the new PS4?

Im gonna get it a few weeks after launch - don't want it to be bugged and clogged when it comes out

The PS4 looks amazing, can't wait =D

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

16 Sep 2013, 6:42 am #6
As a PC game, I used to like RuneScape. Don't play it anymore, but a group of us used to play it most evenings last winter. Was more so a competitive streak on my end that made me like it though - I had to be better than all of my mates, so I used to "bot" skills overnight and they'd raise an eyebrow and ask when I had the time to skill. :p

On other platforms, any GTA. GTA 5 looks brilliant - I'm gutted I sold my XBOX 360. I lost an interest in most games so just decided to chuck it... At the time I fancied some new clothes, new gadgets and everything else. Will probably get another XBOX 360 at some point this year just for GTA 5.

Still speaking of the hobby - has anyone played OMSI Bus Simulator?
Dan
16 Sep 2013, 6:42 am #6

As a PC game, I used to like RuneScape. Don't play it anymore, but a group of us used to play it most evenings last winter. Was more so a competitive streak on my end that made me like it though - I had to be better than all of my mates, so I used to "bot" skills overnight and they'd raise an eyebrow and ask when I had the time to skill. :p

On other platforms, any GTA. GTA 5 looks brilliant - I'm gutted I sold my XBOX 360. I lost an interest in most games so just decided to chuck it... At the time I fancied some new clothes, new gadgets and everything else. Will probably get another XBOX 360 at some point this year just for GTA 5.

Still speaking of the hobby - has anyone played OMSI Bus Simulator?

Michael

16 Sep 2013, 6:45 am #7
Omg i checked my account on Runescape the other day, its all changed, much better graphics and loads of new skills since i played..

Tbh i was the same Daniel - i lost interest etc, i was always on my PC more than my PS3 but now ithink im gonna change that and get myself a PS4 =D

Why get a XBOX one when the PS4 is cheaper and better Big Grin

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 Sep 2013, 6:45 am #7

Omg i checked my account on Runescape the other day, its all changed, much better graphics and loads of new skills since i played..

Tbh i was the same Daniel - i lost interest etc, i was always on my PC more than my PS3 but now ithink im gonna change that and get myself a PS4 =D

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

16 Sep 2013, 6:53 am #8
(16 Sep 2013, 6:45 am)Michael Omg i checked my account on Runescape the other day, its all changed, much better graphics and loads of new skills since i played..

I briefly checked it when someone told me all about the mass update... Wasn't too keen on it if I'm honest. I know loads of people have switched to WoW and the like because they had their accounts rolled back - they were really cracking down on botters and the like, even if they hadn't botted recently.

I do it with everything though. Do/play something continuously for a while and then drop it like a tonne of bricks. I can't consistently space out my time for things at all. :p

I sense a debate coming.....!
Dan
16 Sep 2013, 6:53 am #8

(16 Sep 2013, 6:45 am)Michael Omg i checked my account on Runescape the other day, its all changed, much better graphics and loads of new skills since i played..

I briefly checked it when someone told me all about the mass update... Wasn't too keen on it if I'm honest. I know loads of people have switched to WoW and the like because they had their accounts rolled back - they were really cracking down on botters and the like, even if they hadn't botted recently.

I do it with everything though. Do/play something continuously for a while and then drop it like a tonne of bricks. I can't consistently space out my time for things at all. :p

Michael

16 Sep 2013, 7:05 am #9
I have to agree you can't play every game i try and spread things out... with left 4 dead 2 my main game yesterday along with WoW

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 Sep 2013, 7:05 am #9

I have to agree you can't play every game i try and spread things out... with left 4 dead 2 my main game yesterday along with WoW

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

16 Sep 2013, 8:43 am #10
(16 Sep 2013, 6:53 am)Daniel I briefly checked it when someone told me all about the mass update... Wasn't too keen on it if I'm honest. I know loads of people have switched to WoW and the like because they had their accounts rolled back - they were really cracking down on botters and the like, even if they hadn't botted recently.

I used to play Runescape all the time, used be in a skype group with half the clan instead of f'ing around with the chat on there, then my *skype* laptop broke, then a driver friend moved to my local depot and started doing lates so i never found the time to go back on lol Tongue
Terence Price
16 Sep 2013, 8:43 am #10

(16 Sep 2013, 6:53 am)Daniel I briefly checked it when someone told me all about the mass update... Wasn't too keen on it if I'm honest. I know loads of people have switched to WoW and the like because they had their accounts rolled back - they were really cracking down on botters and the like, even if they hadn't botted recently.

I used to play Runescape all the time, used be in a skype group with half the clan instead of f'ing around with the chat on there, then my *skype* laptop broke, then a driver friend moved to my local depot and started doing lates so i never found the time to go back on lol Tongue

Malarkey

16 Sep 2013, 3:35 pm #11
(16 Sep 2013, 6:38 am)Michael Im a PC gamer....Most of my games was downloaded on Steam...

Half life
Half Life 2
Half Life Episode 1
Half Life Episode 2
Counter Strike
Left 4 Dead 1
Left 4 Dead 2
Battlefield 2
Battlefield 3
I have all the GTA on PC
Portal
Team Fortress
Crysis 1
Crysis 2
Garry's Mod

Bet your guttered that GTA 5 isn't coming out on PC
Malarkey
16 Sep 2013, 3:35 pm #11

(16 Sep 2013, 6:38 am)Michael Im a PC gamer....Most of my games was downloaded on Steam...

Half life
Half Life 2
Half Life Episode 1
Half Life Episode 2
Counter Strike
Left 4 Dead 1
Left 4 Dead 2
Battlefield 2
Battlefield 3
I have all the GTA on PC
Portal
Team Fortress
Crysis 1
Crysis 2
Garry's Mod

Bet your guttered that GTA 5 isn't coming out on PC

Adrian

16 Sep 2013, 4:14 pm #12
Tend to only play FIFA, Football Manager, and Forza these days. Used to be a fan of the likes of Command & Conquer - Generals, Acclaim's Constructor, Theme Park, GTA series, and Roller Coaster Tycoon.

Other titles I can recall spending a lot of time on: Monkey Island 1 & 2, Zak McCracken, Day of the tentacle, Indiana Jones series, Gods, and Broken Sword 1 & 2.

Also remember Runescape quite well. I used to play it back in the day, after being convinced by folk on the old IRC networks. Runescape was only in beta when I first started back in the very early 00's.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
16 Sep 2013, 4:14 pm #12

Tend to only play FIFA, Football Manager, and Forza these days. Used to be a fan of the likes of Command & Conquer - Generals, Acclaim's Constructor, Theme Park, GTA series, and Roller Coaster Tycoon.

Other titles I can recall spending a lot of time on: Monkey Island 1 & 2, Zak McCracken, Day of the tentacle, Indiana Jones series, Gods, and Broken Sword 1 & 2.

Also remember Runescape quite well. I used to play it back in the day, after being convinced by folk on the old IRC networks. Runescape was only in beta when I first started back in the very early 00's.

Andreos1

16 Sep 2013, 4:20 pm #13
(16 Sep 2013, 4:14 pm)aureolin Tend to only play FIFA, Football Manager, and Forza these days. Used to be a fan of the likes of Command & Conquer - Generals, Acclaim's Constructor, Theme Park, GTA series, and Roller Coaster Tycoon.

Have you played this? www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000HD6TLE/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?
It was out on the Amiga back in the day, but splashed out for the PC version.
Costs an arm and a leg mind Wink
Edited 16 Sep 2013, 4:21 pm by Andreos1.
Andreos1
16 Sep 2013, 4:20 pm #13

(16 Sep 2013, 4:14 pm)aureolin Tend to only play FIFA, Football Manager, and Forza these days. Used to be a fan of the likes of Command & Conquer - Generals, Acclaim's Constructor, Theme Park, GTA series, and Roller Coaster Tycoon.

Have you played this? www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000HD6TLE/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?

Adrian

16 Sep 2013, 4:26 pm #14
(16 Sep 2013, 4:20 pm)Andreos1 Have you played this? www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000HD6TLE/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?

I haven't nope! I did however acquire a similar PC game - cities in motion 2. You basically create your own bus, trolley, tram, metro and riverboat routes to service a city - fancy that eh! Of course the game also had inbuilt functionality to create a Malarkey Marathon service :p my trolley bus route being approx 3 hours from start to finish!

Adrian
16 Sep 2013, 4:26 pm #14

(16 Sep 2013, 4:20 pm)Andreos1 Have you played this? www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000HD6TLE/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?

I haven't nope! I did however acquire a similar PC game - cities in motion 2. You basically create your own bus, trolley, tram, metro and riverboat routes to service a city - fancy that eh! Of course the game also had inbuilt functionality to create a Malarkey Marathon service :p my trolley bus route being approx 3 hours from start to finish!

Andreos1

16 Sep 2013, 4:30 pm #15
(16 Sep 2013, 4:26 pm)aureolin I haven't nope! I did however acquire a similar PC game - cities in motion 2. You basically create your own bus, trolley, tram, metro and riverboat routes to service a city - fancy that eh! Of course the game also had inbuilt functionality to create a Malarkey Marathon service :p my trolley bus route being approx 3 hours from start to finish!

You mean, you can integrate all the different transport systems into one?! :o
Maybe someone will try that in real life!

Never heard of that game, might hunt it out.
The Railroad Tycoon game includes a HST in its original colours too.
Andreos1
16 Sep 2013, 4:30 pm #15

(16 Sep 2013, 4:26 pm)aureolin I haven't nope! I did however acquire a similar PC game - cities in motion 2. You basically create your own bus, trolley, tram, metro and riverboat routes to service a city - fancy that eh! Of course the game also had inbuilt functionality to create a Malarkey Marathon service :p my trolley bus route being approx 3 hours from start to finish!

You mean, you can integrate all the different transport systems into one?! :o

Malarkey

16 Sep 2013, 4:48 pm #16

I have Traffic Giant which is similar and can't beat Malarkey Marathon Route haha
Malarkey
16 Sep 2013, 4:48 pm #16

I have Traffic Giant which is similar and can't beat Malarkey Marathon Route haha

Michael

16 Sep 2013, 5:06 pm #17
(16 Sep 2013, 3:35 pm)Adam Malarkey Bet your guttered that GTA 5 isn't coming out on PC

I think its out on PC in the coming months.. its also gonna be released on the PS4... the PS4 will be my next buy =)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 Sep 2013, 5:06 pm #17

(16 Sep 2013, 3:35 pm)Adam Malarkey Bet your guttered that GTA 5 isn't coming out on PC

I think its out on PC in the coming months.. its also gonna be released on the PS4... the PS4 will be my next buy =)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

16 Sep 2013, 5:07 pm #18
(16 Sep 2013, 4:30 pm)Andreos1 You mean, you can integrate all the different transport systems into one?! :o

I checked my list on steam i also have that game =)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 Sep 2013, 5:07 pm #18

(16 Sep 2013, 4:30 pm)Andreos1 You mean, you can integrate all the different transport systems into one?! :o

I checked my list on steam i also have that game =)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adrian

16 Sep 2013, 5:37 pm #19
(16 Sep 2013, 5:06 pm)Michael I think its out on PC in the coming months.. its also gonna be released on the PS4... the PS4 will be my next buy =)

Hopefully it'll be a better port than GTA4 was. Performance was shocking compared to the XBox I found. Anyhow, GTA5 tomorrow. Can anyone beat this for a price? Wink

[Image: nKrkbXW.png]

Adrian
16 Sep 2013, 5:37 pm #19

(16 Sep 2013, 5:06 pm)Michael I think its out on PC in the coming months.. its also gonna be released on the PS4... the PS4 will be my next buy =)

Hopefully it'll be a better port than GTA4 was. Performance was shocking compared to the XBox I found. Anyhow, GTA5 tomorrow. Can anyone beat this for a price? Wink

Dan

Site Administrator

16 Sep 2013, 5:46 pm #20
(16 Sep 2013, 5:37 pm)aureolin Hopefully it'll be a better port than GTA4 was. Performance was shocking compared to the XBox I found. Anyhow, GTA5 tomorrow. Can anyone beat this for a price? Wink

I could if I stole my mam's Clubcard points! Definitely could get it for £25. :p
Bet she has some sort of voucher too... She has them for all sorts.
Dan
16 Sep 2013, 5:46 pm #20

(16 Sep 2013, 5:37 pm)aureolin Hopefully it'll be a better port than GTA4 was. Performance was shocking compared to the XBox I found. Anyhow, GTA5 tomorrow. Can anyone beat this for a price? Wink

I could if I stole my mam's Clubcard points! Definitely could get it for £25. :p
Bet she has some sort of voucher too... She has them for all sorts.

Pages (2) 1 2 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average