Menu

North East Buses Other Forms of Transport Railways Tyne and Wear Metro

Tyne and Wear Metro

Tyne and Wear Metro

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (146) Previous 186 87 88146 Next
Bus_User

05 Nov 2015, 2:51 pm #1,721
(05 Nov 2015, 2:37 pm)Michael Well don't read my posts then.

The vast majority of your posts are fine but for me, it does not make your posts(or even the forum itself) look good if you see posts with swear words in them for the sake of it. 

Anyways, looks like the reason why the suspension was in place for so long was down to the fact the failed train managed to damage the set of points and of course, damaged points won't be repaired in an instance. 

More info: http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/local...-1-7553871

Goes to show for those who think its BS and all that rubbish, its nice to know the FACTS before making silly assumptions. I doubt we will ever know how a train can damage a set of points as I doubt its something the RAIB will investigate and its doubtful Nexus would publish in public the reasons behind it.
Bus_User
05 Nov 2015, 2:51 pm #1,721

(05 Nov 2015, 2:37 pm)Michael Well don't read my posts then.

The vast majority of your posts are fine but for me, it does not make your posts(or even the forum itself) look good if you see posts with swear words in them for the sake of it. 

Anyways, looks like the reason why the suspension was in place for so long was down to the fact the failed train managed to damage the set of points and of course, damaged points won't be repaired in an instance. 

Goes to show for those who think its BS and all that rubbish, its nice to know the FACTS before making silly assumptions. I doubt we will ever know how a train can damage a set of points as I doubt its something the RAIB will investigate and its doubtful Nexus would publish in public the reasons behind it.

Michael

05 Nov 2015, 2:59 pm #1,722
(05 Nov 2015, 2:51 pm)Bus_User The vast majority of your posts are fine but for me, it does not make your posts(or even the forum itself) look good if you see posts with swear words in them for the sake of it. 

Maybe, we might never know what happened etc but they didn't the information which was giving out was patchy, people were saying they didn't know what was happening or anything, announcements at stations last night saying the metro was running to all stations... when they clearly weren't.... they need to improve on their communication!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
05 Nov 2015, 2:59 pm #1,722

(05 Nov 2015, 2:51 pm)Bus_User The vast majority of your posts are fine but for me, it does not make your posts(or even the forum itself) look good if you see posts with swear words in them for the sake of it. 

Maybe, we might never know what happened etc but they didn't the information which was giving out was patchy, people were saying they didn't know what was happening or anything, announcements at stations last night saying the metro was running to all stations... when they clearly weren't.... they need to improve on their communication!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

07 Nov 2015, 11:39 pm #1,723
(31 Oct 2015, 9:23 pm)GX03 SVC Is it not that Sharon Kelly who does the 'disruption' messages?

Send a FoI request to Nexus on whatdotheyknow.

I think it's the system controller that does the disruption messages, but don't know who is the voice artist/provider of the automated platform announcements. I think I might send them an FOI request tomorrow.
Richard Young
07 Nov 2015, 11:39 pm #1,723

(31 Oct 2015, 9:23 pm)GX03 SVC Is it not that Sharon Kelly who does the 'disruption' messages?

Send a FoI request to Nexus on whatdotheyknow.

I think it's the system controller that does the disruption messages, but don't know who is the voice artist/provider of the automated platform announcements. I think I might send them an FOI request tomorrow.

Lm2606

08 Nov 2015, 10:18 am #1,724
(07 Nov 2015, 11:39 pm)Richard Young I think it's the system controller that does the disruption messages, but don't know who is the voice artist/provider of the automated platform announcements.  I think I might send them an FOI request tomorrow.
The onboard train and platform announcements will come in the one disk all muddled up by the way Smile
Lm2606
08 Nov 2015, 10:18 am #1,724

(07 Nov 2015, 11:39 pm)Richard Young I think it's the system controller that does the disruption messages, but don't know who is the voice artist/provider of the automated platform announcements.  I think I might send them an FOI request tomorrow.
The onboard train and platform announcements will come in the one disk all muddled up by the way Smile

09 Nov 2015, 11:12 am #1,725
RHTT is running today.
omnicity4659
09 Nov 2015, 11:12 am #1,725

RHTT is running today.

Michael

10 Nov 2015, 7:23 am #1,726
Going to be one of those days....

Tyne and Wear Metro
41 mins ·
We are running a frequent service with trains running to all destinations but not to the usual timetable. This is due to low rail adhesion.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
10 Nov 2015, 7:23 am #1,726

Going to be one of those days....

Tyne and Wear Metro
41 mins ·
We are running a frequent service with trains running to all destinations but not to the usual timetable. This is due to low rail adhesion.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

10 Nov 2015, 7:43 am #1,727
Anyone currently using the Metro from the Sunderland area?, if so, is it running alright?

Thanks

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
10 Nov 2015, 7:43 am #1,727

Anyone currently using the Metro from the Sunderland area?, if so, is it running alright?

Thanks

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

DanPicken

Banned

10 Nov 2015, 8:18 am #1,728
(10 Nov 2015, 7:43 am)Michael Anyone currently using the Metro from the Sunderland area?, if so, is it running alright?

Thanks

Not yet but there's a Power Failure near Pelaw.
DanPicken
10 Nov 2015, 8:18 am #1,728

(10 Nov 2015, 7:43 am)Michael Anyone currently using the Metro from the Sunderland area?, if so, is it running alright?

Thanks

Not yet but there's a Power Failure near Pelaw.

Michael

10 Nov 2015, 8:56 am #1,729
(10 Nov 2015, 8:18 am)DanPicken Not yet but there's a Power Failure near Pelaw.

Made it to Newcastle haha

One i was on is terminating the stop after Central....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
10 Nov 2015, 8:56 am #1,729

(10 Nov 2015, 8:18 am)DanPicken Not yet but there's a Power Failure near Pelaw.

Made it to Newcastle haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

DanPicken

Banned

10 Nov 2015, 8:58 am #1,730
(10 Nov 2015, 8:56 am)Michael Made it to Newcastle haha

Oh dear I need to go to the Dental Hospital later on hope nothing else happens.
DanPicken
10 Nov 2015, 8:58 am #1,730

(10 Nov 2015, 8:56 am)Michael Made it to Newcastle haha

Oh dear I need to go to the Dental Hospital later on hope nothing else happens.

10 Nov 2015, 7:08 pm #1,731
I got the 07:50 Regent Centre to Pelaw like I normally would to South Gosforth a SEVEN minute wait at the signal before the junction
NK53 TKT
10 Nov 2015, 7:08 pm #1,731

I got the 07:50 Regent Centre to Pelaw like I normally would to South Gosforth a SEVEN minute wait at the signal before the junction

Michael

11 Nov 2015, 1:43 pm #1,732
Tyne and Wear Metro

Haymarket is closed and trains will not be stopping at this station until further notice. This is due to a fire alarm activation. We will update you once we have more information.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
11 Nov 2015, 1:43 pm #1,732

Tyne and Wear Metro

Haymarket is closed and trains will not be stopping at this station until further notice. This is due to a fire alarm activation. We will update you once we have more information.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

13 Nov 2015, 3:07 pm #1,733
Gateshead Stadium and Felling Metro stations revamped as part of modernisation programme

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...Chron-main

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
13 Nov 2015, 3:07 pm #1,733

Gateshead Stadium and Felling Metro stations revamped as part of modernisation programme

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Diamond One

Banned

14 Nov 2015, 10:38 pm #1,734
(13 Nov 2015, 3:07 pm)Michael Gateshead Stadium and Felling Metro stations revamped as part of modernisation programme

thought they were revamped years ago
Diamond One
14 Nov 2015, 10:38 pm #1,734

(13 Nov 2015, 3:07 pm)Michael Gateshead Stadium and Felling Metro stations revamped as part of modernisation programme

thought they were revamped years ago

Dan

Site Administrator

15 Nov 2015, 7:15 am #1,735
(14 Nov 2015, 10:38 pm)Diamond One thought they were revamped years ago

No.

They finished Gateshead Stadium a few weeks ago. The LED lighting makes the station a lot brighter at night, and the surface of the station is all level now as this was done out too.

Bet there's still quite a few more stations in need of this treatment though!
Dan
15 Nov 2015, 7:15 am #1,735

(14 Nov 2015, 10:38 pm)Diamond One thought they were revamped years ago

No.

They finished Gateshead Stadium a few weeks ago. The LED lighting makes the station a lot brighter at night, and the surface of the station is all level now as this was done out too.

15 Nov 2015, 8:07 am #1,736
(15 Nov 2015, 7:15 am)Dan No.

Longbenton!
NK53 TKT
15 Nov 2015, 8:07 am #1,736

Longbenton!

Bus_User

16 Nov 2015, 9:36 pm #1,737

Well Felling was slightly "modernised" around 5(perhaps slightly more) years ago which lead to a brand new footbridge/ramps being installed and the demolition of the old ticket machine area with a new ticket machine area being built in its place.

No doubt there is photos on the net on how Felling looked in the early noughties to now and you will see the differences, a tad better than it used to be.
Bus_User
16 Nov 2015, 9:36 pm #1,737

Well Felling was slightly "modernised" around 5(perhaps slightly more) years ago which lead to a brand new footbridge/ramps being installed and the demolition of the old ticket machine area with a new ticket machine area being built in its place.

No doubt there is photos on the net on how Felling looked in the early noughties to now and you will see the differences, a tad better than it used to be.

17 Nov 2015, 4:33 pm #1,738
Earlier there were delays of a failed train at Cullercoats and signalling faults, not great for me!
NK53 TKT
17 Nov 2015, 4:33 pm #1,738

Earlier there were delays of a failed train at Cullercoats and signalling faults, not great for me!

Dan

Site Administrator

17 Nov 2015, 5:24 pm #1,739
Unsure how noteworthy this is as I haven't been to Sunderland station for quite some time...

The male who announces train departures at Sunderland station has been replaced by a new female, more robotic voice.

More work has been done to include other stations served, other than simply stating that the train goes to South Hylton or Airport.

Not sure if this would be more appropriate in another thread or not - the Northern Rail announcements have been updated too (anyone know where Prood hoe is?)
Dan
17 Nov 2015, 5:24 pm #1,739

Unsure how noteworthy this is as I haven't been to Sunderland station for quite some time...

The male who announces train departures at Sunderland station has been replaced by a new female, more robotic voice.

More work has been done to include other stations served, other than simply stating that the train goes to South Hylton or Airport.

Not sure if this would be more appropriate in another thread or not - the Northern Rail announcements have been updated too (anyone know where Prood hoe is?)

DanPicken

Banned

17 Nov 2015, 5:33 pm #1,740
(17 Nov 2015, 5:24 pm)Dan Unsure how noteworthy this is as I haven't been to Sunderland station for quite some time...

Nope, what about Prudawho.
DanPicken
17 Nov 2015, 5:33 pm #1,740

(17 Nov 2015, 5:24 pm)Dan Unsure how noteworthy this is as I haven't been to Sunderland station for quite some time...

Nope, what about Prudawho.

Pages (146) Previous 186 87 88146 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average